Paranormal Activity 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XMr. WinterX
ohh dear god....theres a sequel coming out...will it be a failure like the first one? i say the first one had its few parts but was not even scary...you people think it will be any good? confused

Nemesis X
Please show evidence that there is a sequel. Otherwise you look like you're only speculating there is a sequel to Paranormal Activity.

If there is a sequel, I wonder why people can't let movies like PA be a standalone. Blair Witch Project for example is an alright flick but when the sequel, Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows came out, we looked the other way.

jinXed by JaNx
first one got the point across, don't need another one. No need for another one.

BruceSkywalker
thought first one was shiite..

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Please show evidence that there is a sequel. Otherwise you look like you're only speculating there is a sequel to Paranormal Activity.

If there is a sequel, I wonder why people can't let movies like PA be a standalone. Blair Witch Project for example is an alright flick but when the sequel, Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows came out, we looked the other way.

the sequel is supposed to come out october 22

K.Diddy
Originally posted by XMr. WinterX
ohh dear god....theres a sequel coming out...will it be a failure like the first one? i say the first one had its few parts but was not even scary...you people think it will be any good? confused

roll eyes (sarcastic) I wouldn't quite call the first one a failure

MildPossession
Ooo look, is that a horror section I see on the main page...

The Nuul
First one was way overrated, these movies suck.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by The Nuul
First one was way overrated, these movies suck. QFT, coupla scary moments in the first one, the rest of it sucked balls. The acting sucked, the cinematography sucked, it just sucked in every possible way.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by MildPossession
Ooo look, is that a horror section I see on the main page...

laughing out loud

mrblue
first movie sucked and it one will end up just like book of shadows

XMr. WinterX
trailer makes it look ok but with that one chick from the first PA popping up i gave my hopes up

roughrider
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
QFT, coupla scary moments in the first one, the rest of it sucked balls. The acting sucked, the cinematography sucked, it just sucked in every possible way.

The cinematography? It was below par on purpose, being all video cams and recorded footage seen later. In the theatre, I confess to jumping several times.
I was glad they released the actual tiny-budget effort, instead of buying the rights just to remake it, which was Dreamworks first idea.
Another sequel; OK. But don't become another SAW series.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by mrblue
first movie sucked and it one will end up just like book of shadows

book of shadows wasnt that bad.

I don't know what they plan on doing with this sequel but i think the first one worked because the people were simply trying to make a good movie with what little resources they had and they succeeded. I would like to see this one be a completely un related story. Im sure they'll use the same style of the home video quality but it would be neat to see them use some cgi and give bigger reveals. I actually think it has a great effect when filmmakers use home video and CGI. It has a very surreal feeling. Instead of watching movies with expensive film and lenses and trying to convince myself that the CGI is real. I always seem to end up reminding myself that the CGI effects arent real when i see them on home video quality. I suppose thats because my brain is trained to associate home video with reality. Anyway, i think this style could work with revealing ghosts or demons.

Just go on youtube. There are a lot of home videos made where the people use CGI. Yeah, most of them are novelty or just plain blow, but quite a few are great and in some cases chilling.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
book of shadows wasnt that bad.

lookaround

angelababy
I wonder why people can't let movies like PA be a standalone.the rest of it sucked balls. being all video cams and recorded footage seen later.I confess to jumping several times.

MildPossession
Is this the trailer you meant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07XbSk7Rjt4

BackFire
Saw this tonight. Wasn't very good. Bad pacing, recycled scares, worse acting and without the subtext of the first one. Just all around worse.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by BackFire
Saw this tonight. Wasn't very good. Bad pacing, recycled scares, worse acting and without the subtext of the first one. Just all around worse.

erm It has gotten a few decent reviews

jinzin
Yeah I saw this movie opening night and for me it was extremely entertaining.

If you liked the first one, you'll love this one.

If you didn't, don't see this expecting anything different, it's just more of the same formula from the first movie...

That said, this movie had me jump a couple of times and has some of the creepiest daytime horror I've ever seen in a movie for my tastes.
I'm not sure if this movie is what I'd call really scary per'se but it definitely felt quite suspenseful and had my gripping my seat waiting for what happened next.

There's definitely some shit that was just unexpected in this movie and if you're not aware this movie is woven into the first one. IMO it actually enhances the first movie.

This for me was definitely a sequel as good or superior to the first film and worth a watch.

Discos
The reason they are releasing this sequel (along with the Saw movies and other sequels) is that the original made a SHIT LOAD of money, according to wikipedia the first movie had a budget of $15,000... and now has profits nearing the $200M mark, which is insane.

I too went to see this at the weekend, to be honest I did find the original quite jumpy (tho I am not usually a jumper), however the sequel proved to be dull and the storyline tie-in was laime.

There was only one part I jumped (forgot how to insert the spoiler tag so I wont reveal which part it was).

Wasn't a good choice for a Saturday night, wish I went to see RED instead. There were alot of "couples" there sharing their fear emotions so I guess thats a plus.

Discos - 5/10

MildPossession
Insane but impressive.

spydergirl
OK I just saw Paranormal Activity 2 and let me tell you this: IT SUCKED! It wasn't just lame but it was uber lame. I'm serious, I was sitting there for about 45 minutes waiting for something to happen. And when something finally did happen, it sounded like the boom mike hit something. It was gay. And then to make it suck even more, they had credits and the name of the baby wrangler and ASPCA on the credits. It even said the usual "No animals were harmed in the making of this film" and I was like WTF this is supposed to be a documentary of a demon, not a movie!
Honestly, I bet theirs gonna be a Paranormal Activity 3 which is gonna have the lady killing off more people.

Discos
haha uber-lame, I like it.

for starters miss s-girl, I hope you didn't go see this film believin it was an actual documentary?

I have to agree with you tho, the first 45 minutes I would of rather watched my own home movies of shit back garden BBQ's. It just took so god damn long to get going, and once it eventually did it was just boring.
The movie lasts so short but for a long period of time I kept looking at my watch wanting to get the hell outta there.

spydergirl
I didn't go in there believing it was a REAL documentary but the movie directors/producers should of made it so that the audience semi-believed that it was.

The Nuul
But this is what the show biz is all about, low cost of production and huge profits.

spydergirl
All I can say is that it was lame.

savanahmartyn
Originally posted by spydergirl
All I can say is that it was lame.

Yes it was lame. So was the first one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.