Your favorite decade/era of comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
What's your favorite decade or era of comics and why?

Creshosk
Around the nineties or so. Back when things weren't too serious for the characters to enjoy a backyard barbeque.

-Pr-
Early 00s. We had Morrison on X-Men, Loeb on Superman etc

Warlord
late70s early 80s...for marvel
anything after the crisis for dc

willRules
This last decade. We've had some of the best and worst comics ever written. Whilst sales haven't matched the nineties, the big two publisher have successfully branched out into the wider media and as a result, in recent years, the geeks have inherited the Earth. Comicdom has never had this much limelight and the stories have got some great creative talent.

It's been an interesting period.

Bentley
The fifties.

biscuits

Digi
Current by far. Or the 80's when Gaiman, Morrison, and Moore were coming out of the woodwork to make comics an artform.

Omega Vision
Current era, with the runner up being the late 1980s before the Dork Age of Mullets but after the Bronze Age.

dmills
Right now and the late 80's - early 90's.

Q99
I liked late 90s/early 00s. Art improved a lot over earlier eras due to computers, you had great characters like Kyle Rayner and Cassandra Cain, Teen Titans was still good, JLA was awesome, and so on.

King Castle
i enjoyed the 70's through 95' ppl understood power lvls and knew because some one fought superman and wonderwoman consistently did not mean they themselves had the strength nor speed..

now every yahoo kid thinks they do b/c some modern version has actual high herald power with same name can do it so that must mean the original could as well..facepalm

a 50 tonner with spiderman agility and mach 1 speed with claws can go toe to toe with wonder woman back in the day.. that doesnt mean that the character has ftl reflex nor planet moving strength different era ppl dont confuse their feats for the modern ones powers..

WanderingDroid
For me DC in the 70s/80s and for Marvel in the 80s.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.