Magnus Vs Karate Kid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/61822/1326709-magnus2_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/308/163921-39756-karate-kid_large.PNG

cdtm
Val Amorr could beat robots even easier then Magnus. stick out tongue

From what I've read on Magnus, including the Predator fights, he's formidable, but shouldn't be anything Val can't handle.

Galan007
^ Agreed.

On a sidenote, I have always wondered who would win a battle between Rip Hunter and Karate Kid. After all, Rip has "mastered the martial arts and fighting techniques of cultures and societies from B.C. to the end of time." Though I guess he doesn't have many feats in the h2h department..

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Galan007
^ Agreed.

On a sidenote, I have always wondered who would win a battle between Rip Hunter and Karate Kid. After all, Rip has "mastered the martial arts and fighting techniques of cultures and societies from B.C. to the end of time." Though I guess he doesn't have many feats in the h2h department..

When did he say that? Is that an exact quote?

amnesia
I'm going to vote for Magnus, because we share the greatest name ever.

D_Dude1210
To be fair, the Predator fight was a CRAPPY showing for Magnus. He should have taken down that pred quite easily seeing the other feats he's been able to accomplish (such as taking on multiple X-O armors at once and cracking them bare handed).

But I have to agree, skill-wise KK easily has the edge and he's been shown to inflict about the same damage as Magnus. So KK 9/10.

Tho, I think multiple X-O armors would totally rape KK. :P

Prep-Man
Doesn't Magnus know every MA as well?

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Doesn't Magnus know every MA as well?

Pretty much. Also, he has complete knowledge of robot-tech and human/alien anatomy to optimize his strikes against a target's vulnerabilities. He's at the limits of skill levels in terms of what can be attained as MA skill in the Valiant Universe. Sadly, DC's levels and Valiant's levels are VERY different as Valiant tends to keep their characters (well, most of them anyway) as mired in reality as possible. I'd put him at Captain America level. Slightly below Gamorra-level if compared to the MU.

It has to be mentioned that the guy has superhuman (possibly class 25) super strength and invulnerability.

"I don't need a weapon. I AM a weapon"

-Magnus, Robot Fighter.

Prep-Man
Then why does KK win 9/10? I'd say no more than 6.

If so, is Magnus more suited to fight Captain America?

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Then why does KK win 9/10? I'd say no more than 6.

If so, is Magnus more suited to fight Captain America?

Well, I'm basing on perceptions of how KK is seen in the forums. Ppl see him as slightly above current Gamorra (who I would give the win against Magnus as well) and KK is pretty well suited to fight Magnus as he easily has the skill/speed advantage and could match his hits and deal perhaps enough pressure point strikes to take him down.

Yeah, Magnus would totally wreck Cap if he doesn't have his shield. Cap could perhaps take 1 win with his shield. stick out tongue

Prep-Man
Magnus #1 came out by Jim Shooter. Hopefully we can see more cool feats.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.