football

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
how far does flash run to catch a regular football thrown by these peole

Spiderman
Luke cage
Colossus
Namor
Hercules
Kurse
WWH
Thanos
SBP
Omega

Omega Vision
So essentially the question is: how far can these people throw a football?

Why not just ask that?

KingD19
Differing amounts of miles.

The Nuul
Stupid fail thread is stupid.

Omega Vision
If the football can reach escape velocity then there's no telling how far it can travel given that there is virtually zero friction in space.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Omega Vision
If the football can reach escape velocity then there's no telling how far it can travel given that there is virtually zero friction in space. who here can throw a football at escape velocity?

Digi
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
who here can throw a football at escape velocity?

From hercules down.

The Nuul
Doesnt matter who or how far, Flash still catches it.

Digi
Originally posted by The Nuul
Doesnt matter who or how far, Flash still catches it.

That's not the question the OP is asking.

Also, he'd catch balls thrown into space?

The Nuul
I was referring a throw on earth. Its not fair if the ball ends up in space.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Digi
From hercules down.
IMO anyone but Spidey and Luke could reach escape velocity. The question is would the football actually stay intact when traveling at such speeds.

The Nuul
The question is would the football actually stay intact when traveling at such speeds.

Omega Vision

Well there's really no way to answer the question since we can't with any degree of certainty know the velocity of the football, the location of the guy throwing it and where Flash starts off relative to them.

Generally speaking I'd say Flash just has to run the distance from his starting point to the location of the thrower give or take a few micrometers since there's no way a football can ever reach speeds where it could give the Flash a serious challenge.

Lord Feron
As soon as the ball leaves their hand. I don't think Anyone can throw a ball at light speed or above here. He might have to speed steal the ball so that it doesn't blow right threw his hands and body.

The Nuul
Oh, I know thats why I said what I said but apparently this trumps all of us....

r0nm0n88
If the football can reach escape velocity then there's no telling how far it can travel given that there is virtually zero friction in space.

the football would be destroyed while leaving the atmosphere. a pig skin would fall apart going that type of speed.

Badabing
Stupid fail thread is stupid. If that's your opinion then don't post. Colossus Big C has his share of questionable threads, but this type of thread has been done by many people.

rotiart
At a strong enough throw the football will break escape velocity and head into space... Remembering the curvature of the earth either the ball breaks escape velocity or if it is just short then the ball will eventually fall back down to earth... I forget the exact math... Of course if the ball falls into orbit around earth flash is also screwed.... And if captain america can nail planes a mile up with a twenty lb shield im gonna say comic book physics says spiderman level and up can make a football go orbital

Omega Vision
I still think Flash catches it right from the thrower's hands.

rotiart
Flash is playing the role of a wide receiver here obviously...
Unless of course you believe they are treating flash as a running back and passin off the ball....
And yes while flash is fast enough to get to the quarterbacks hands and grab the ball
Midair inches away if even that fron a quarterback once he has released it... I think the intent is on some sort of hail mary play

rotiart
Btw this year the role of the flash as wide receiver will be played by michael crabtree... Go 49ers!!!!!

Colossus-Big C
I still think Flash catches it right from the thrower's hands. lol thats not what i intended though

Colossus-Big C
Well there's really no way to answer the question since we can't with any degree of certainty know the velocity of the football, the location of the guy throwing it and where Flash starts off relative to them.
the guy is throwing it from the ground(desert) , flash starts next to them and must wait untill the football nears a stop to go catch it.

Colossus-Big C
From hercules down. hasnt colossus fastball special wolverine at escape velocity to catch ordos ship?
i think colossus can actually throw wolverine into orbit

Omega Vision
the guy is throwing it from the ground(desert) , flash starts next to them and must wait untill the football nears a stop to go catch it.
So you're asking how far they can throw the ball essentially? Why even include Flash at all?

The Nuul
So you're asking how far they can throw the ball essentially? Why even include Flash at all?

Or any character for that matter. There shouldnt be any character at all, it should just be the question.

Colossus-Big C
so he can bring back the ball for the next guy to throw

The Nuul
lol

facepalm

Cubey
This thread rofl

twizzlers713
flash doesnt have to run more than 100 feet to catch the ball. thrown by anybody.

Omega Vision
so he can bring back the ball for the next guy to throw
Why not just include more than one ball instead? Are your threads on a budget or something?

Digi
Oh, I know thats why I said what I said but apparently this trumps all of us....

Don't get upset over it dude. It's pretty obvious Flash catches any of the balls. Your post didn't bring anything new to the discussion. Not trying to rag on you, it's just true. Your continuation of it in a mocking manner is getting pretty tired, and bordering on trolling. Cut it out.

The Nuul
I've said what the others have said. But yeah I wont post in here anymore.

Cubey
I think this thread should just be locked and done with.

That's the general consensus I pulled from the posts itt.

Tattoos N Scars
If the ball is thrown in a straight line..parallel to the ground, then Flash could catch any ball that is thrown.

Thinking about it, Flash would make an excellent linebacker. He'd sack any QB within a picosecond after the snap.

KingD19
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
If the ball is thrown in a straight line..parallel to the ground, then Flash could catch any ball that is thrown.

Thinking about it, Flash would make an excellent linebacker. He'd sack any QB within a picosecond after the snap.

He couldn't sack a teleporter....or anybody with a sufficient level of strength/durability.

Black bolt z
I know theres something called maximum velocity.Now I don't know if that affects throwing but I do know it affects falling.Theres only so fast any object can go.Thus flash catches them all in a second.

basilisk
IMO anyone but Spidey and Luke could reach escape velocity.

Luke would cheat by throwing it then following up with his new thunderclap power and thunderclapping it to escape velocity.

r0nm0n88
Originally posted by KingD19
He couldn't sack a teleporter....or anybody with a sufficient level of strength/durability.

yeh he could IMT( infinite mass tackle) it will take people down. But he would just be best as a QB. Take the snap, run in a td.

Colossus-Big C

Thinking about it, Flash would make an excellent linebacker. He'd sack any QB within a picosecond after the snap. a ball is never thrown in a straight line, its always thrown in a somewhat 45% angle

rotiart
a ball is never thrown in a straight line, its always thrown in a somewhat 45% angle

Do you just like making stuff up and bumping your own threads for self gratificationor what?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by rotiart
Do you just like making stuff up and bumping your own threads for self gratificationor what? actually im not making it up, ive played sports and they tell me to get the ball the farthest it is best thrown near a 45% angle

a ball thrown prallel to the earth will hit the ground much faster

rotiart
... While that may be true that a 45 degree angle may get you the greatest distance when throwing a short pass, pitch, etc it isn't a 45 degree angle... What some quarterbacks change in the angle of the throw they make up with power like Ben roethlesbirger or Brett favor in his younger days...

Anyways even if you did do 45 degrees... If a guy can be punched into orbitby a class 100 imagine a ball in that guys hands....

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by KingD19

Flash is faster than teleportation. No one could trigger their teleportation before being hit by the Flash.

rotiart
Flash is faster than teleportation. No one could trigger their teleportation before being hit by the Flash.

not even.... the living tribunal? eek!

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by rotiart
not even.... the living tribunal? eek!

Not even TOAA

stick out tongue

amnesia
move this thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.