Skaar Vs Cheetah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/15776/1308227-cheetah_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/40644/1259607-skaar___son_of_hulk_by_moonshdw8_large.jpg

amnesia
Cheetah is like freaking WW level.

Cheetah wins.

Prep-Man
Yeah, but didn't Skaar put up a good fight from Juggs and Surfer? I think he can hang. Plus he has a good healing factor.

amnesia
Skaar can't even tag her.

victorymaker
Skaar uses Old Power and owns Cheetah.

Q99
Cheetah stomp, the problem's in the speed difference. If it's pure strength to strength he can hang, but speed is a requirement for facing the Cheetah.

iceman24567
Cheetah easily

King Castle
isnt that cheeta a man?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by King Castle
isnt that cheeta a man?
His name is Sebastian Ballesteros.

King Castle
the cheeta's i remember were strong and fast agile but nowhere near the lvl that the modern one is..

i dont think cheeta has the power to take on skaar.. although i wish some one would kill off these reject children marvel has developed

Omega Vision
the cheeta's i remember were strong and fast agile but nowhere near the lvl that the modern one is..

i dont think cheeta has the power to take on skaar.. although i wish some one would kill off these reject children marvel has developed
He does have the power. It's Skaar who lacks the speed to take on Cheetah.

Sebastian fought Wonder Woman and Superman on equal terms. The same could never be said for Skaar.

King Castle
prettys sure skaar could the way stories are told in DCU..

either way i dont think the scratching part of the attack will effect skaar all that much.. speed wise cheetah would be hard to hit but iunless he goes and stays at constant ftl speed never seen him do that or come close to those lvl of speed.. i doubt that.. cis effecting every one will balance things out a bit..

Skaar can pummel him to death even slice him in half

Omega Vision
Your argument is laughable: that Cheetah will be so hampered by CIS that he'll fight Skaar on Skaar's terms: in a face to face punch for punch slugfest.

King Castle
how strong do you think cheetah was really at?

Lord Feron
if skaar uses his old power he has a healthy chance but if not cheetah eviscerates him.

Omega Vision
how strong do you think cheetah was really at?
Strong enough to hurt Superman.

King Castle
superman has bn hurt by far less... giant wrecking balls..

plus, i always attribute the success of a character who has no legitimate herald strength to hurt supes a combination of many things..

one including magically transformed bodies and claws, constructs..

seen supes knocked on his butt or comment on a hit from the most mundane of circumstances.. like flying card tricks.. also surprise.

guys who have never picked up nothing more then a single brick wall.. at the highest an 80 tonner some how goin toe to toe the next day with supes or a week later fighting a guy like kyle rayner and locking hands and struggling.. talking about major force by the way..

Omega Vision
superman has bn hurt by far less... giant wrecking balls..

plus, i always attribute the success of a character who has no legitimate herald strength to hurt supes a combination of many things..

one including magically transformed bodies and claws, constructs..

seen supes knocked on his butt or comment on a hit from the most mundane of circumstances.. like flying card tricks.. also surprise.

guys who have never picked up nothing more then a single brick wall.. at the highest an 80 tonner some how goin toe to toe the next day with supes or a week later fighting a guy like kyle rayner and locking hands and struggling.. talking about major force by the way..
I love this tired "appeal to Low Showings" argument that's running wild on the forum.

Essentially lowballing is what you've been reduced to.

Cheetah cuts Skaar to ribbons.

King Castle
no.. i just think constant should be looked at and ppl should stop arguing the whole well he fights superman and wonder and flash so he has the same power attributes to do it..

that is not how it works none are fighting at ftl speed and if that is all it takes for a character to have a power by simply being associated with someone who does have the powers its a damn shame and the vs forum has bn reduced to 5 yr old lvl debate..

tell me what is cheetahs actual high end strength feat what is his ftl feat what does the bio's say about his powers?

vansonbee
Originally posted by amnesia
Cheetah is like freaking WW level.

Cheetah wins. That kitty cat ain't close to WW status.
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Strong enough to hurt Superman. Superman weakest to magic been over expose for fallacy.

Cheetah ain't strong as those mention on top, but she strong/quick enough to win slightly against Skaar.

Skaar isn't tagging Cheetah, that for sure. He doesn't even have same tier durability or healing factor as his father. Also his OLD POWER, is indeed powerful, but can he manipulate it fast enough to tag Cheetah? Easy dodge.

King Castle
Originally posted by vansonbee
That kitty cat ain't close to WW status.
Superman weakest to magic been over expose for fallacy.

Cheetah ain't strong as those mention on top, but she strong/quick enough to win slightly against Skaar.

Skaar isn't tagging Cheetah, that for sure. He doesn't even have same tier durability or healing factor as his father. Also his OLD POWER, is indeed powerful, but can he manipulate it fast enough to tag Cheetah? Easy dodge. i can agree with this... and i cant argue it.

not sure what skaars actual healing feat really is but if it isnt wolverine hulk lvl.. then i guess he can be beaten and i will have to lower his chance of success

oops this is the guy not the girl cheetah

jalek moye
i can agree with this... and i cant argue it.

not sure what skaars actual healing feat really is but if it isnt wolverine hulk lvl.. then i guess he can be beaten and i will have to lower his chance of success

It's good but his healing factor isn't at the level of those two yet

Stoic
Skaar does have the power to take this fight into the lower depths of any planet, and has the durability to sleep in magma, he also punched Juggernaut into space showing that he is easily class 100. How would speed help Cheetah if these two were fighting in liquid rock (magma)?
Skaars healing factor is no joke either, as he was able to reform after being torn to ribbons by Axeman Bone when he was just a toddler.

Skaar has the ability to win here, and the power to keep any unbiased comic fan pleased that he was able to pull it off.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Stoic
Skaar does have the power to take this fight into the lower depths of any planet, and has the durability to sleep in magma, he also punched Juggernaut into space showing that he is easily class 100. How would speed help Cheetah if these two were fighting in liquid rock (magma)?
Skaars healing factor is no joke either, as he was able to reform after being torn to ribbons by Axeman Bone when he was just a toddler.

He wasn't torn to ribbons at all he just got impaled once, and hes barely any older now then in that fight.

While he punched juggs into to space he was clearly shown to be weaker then Hulk so yea, hes not able to phsyically dominate juggsor anything.

Also he doesnt like to fight that way (the fighting in lower depghts of earth), by the time he thought of it he would be getting beat down already.

Q99
That kitty cat ain't close to WW status.

Cheetah is a goddess. They can fight in open combat and Cheetah'll put up a good battle and inflict damage. Heck, Cheets can even do brief tug-of-wars with Diana. I'd consider that close even if WW's overall the more powerful.

Cheetah has the speed that there'd likely have no trouble skimming the surface of the manga, and has the durability that, while it might singe hair, it's not really going to do much to Cheetah.

Cheetah is a speedster but not of the fragile variety. It's the power of a god.

Eh, the only difference is no Zoom upgrade, but still a little faster (or at least more agile) than WW/Supes. It's the same power and more or less the same performance.

High end strength? Pound Superman down into unconsciousness in short order (and I mean, with punches. Superman compared them to Captain Marvel's and Diana's hits, in those words), tug-of-war Wonder Woman or Donna Troy (post Titan strength power up).

For speed, the Cheetah's always been a little faster than Diana who can catch up to speedforce users like Jesse Quick at the edge of the speedforce. And blitzed Superman. Female Cheetah gets upgraded to faster still at one point.

vansonbee
You sure the Cheetah carnation was a Goddess? I thought it was demon in origin. Seem you know alot about this character, can you direct me few comic titles to follow. Mostly that Goddess and Superman confrontation parts.

King Castle
yeh, i am callin BS on a lot of what he said...

jalek moye
most of skaars notable stuff outside of the new hulk issue (of which I'll put up later today) is in his respect thread.

I definetly would have put him reforming from being ripped apart in there if it happened

Omega Vision
You sure the Cheetah carnation was a Goddess? I thought it was demon in origin. Seem you know alot about this character, can you direct me few comic titles to follow. Mostly that Goddess and Superman confrontation parts.
The Cheetahs do get their power from a Cheetah God, but the Cheetahs themselves aren't Gods, they're more like Demigods.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Omega Vision
The Cheetahs do get their power from a Cheetah God, but the Cheetahs themselves aren't Gods, they're more like Demigods. Thanks.

Anyone got clue about Superman poundage comic? Need to review these assertions.

Q99

Superman confrontation, done by BoyCheetah:
Here
Aftermath

Basic story: This tribe had a history of human sacrifices (so while we're talking deity, we're talking dark deity, demon isn't *too* far off but at the same time, think more 'deadly like a predator in the jungle hunting prey' not 'corrupting evil'), to a plant god and his mate, the Cheetah, who'd protect the tribe.

Barbara Minerva (an anthropologist/explorer. Sorta like a redheaded ruthless Laura Croft, speaks a dozen language, genius) figured out how to gain the Cheetah's power via ritual with the help of the last survivor of the tribe. Interestingly she wasn't exactly evil herself so much as ruthless, willing to use human sacrifice but she viewed herself as doing Diana's dirty work but basically on the same side, with true antagonism coming later and sliding further to the dark side.

Barbara's had it ever since, save for a brief period where a guy named Sebastian hijacked it with some outside aid (I think Dr. Psycho), he was the one who fought Superman (at the behast of Circe, other WW foe and goddess of magic), and Barbara briefly got the power of another god (god of vengeance) to try and steal it back (which was pretty cool. I think it says something that she got the power of a god *just to get the Cheetahpower back*), and eventually sacrificing him to the plant god, resulting in the return of her powers.

Cheetah pretty much shows up just in Wonder Woman, Justice League, and the odd other one. Of recent titles... there's some great fights during the WW Rucka run when there's a crossover with Flash in the "Land of the Dead" TPB. Justice League America's "Injustice League" arc has her as one of the three villain commanders. Secret Six has her in the "Six Degrees of Devastation" TPB where she shows up as some very overpowered muscle who scares the heck out of the Six. Oh, and the Gail Simone Wonder Woman run has her in the "Rise of the Olympians" arc mostly in a mastermind's role due to her being a genius and all.

Most of her origin stuff is waaay back in the Perez run right after CoIE, which is I think in trades but I don't really have. I'm not sure if the BoyCheetah stuff is in trade, that's a bit latter. Modern writers haven't done as many Cheetah-centric stories and there hasn't really been one to focus on the god aspect since the BoyCheetah thing

King Castle
hmm...mhmm

okay, a lil hyperbole but will say cheetah has a solid 100 tonner strength.. the question is it enough to take on skarr in a fight?

either way cheetahs speed doesnt appear to be flash lvl it was basic agility and a surprise attack..

can some one show cheetah with FTL speed pls?

AsbestosFlaygon
You sure the Cheetah carnation was a Goddess? I thought it was demon in origin.
Cheetah's powers originate from a plant god.
I forgot its name, but I think it starts with a U.

Q99
The plant god's name is Urzkartaga.

hmm...mhmm

okay, a lil hyperbole but will say cheetah has a solid 100 tonner strength.. the question is it enough to take on skarr in a fight?

either way cheetahs speed doesnt appear to be flash lvl it was basic agility and a surprise attack..

can some one show cheetah with FTL speed pls?

I wouldn't say BoyCheetah necessarily is, but here's BarbaraCheetah vs Flash:
http://i36.tinypic.com/33uxxlk.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/oh1yfl.jpg

Somewhat bad characterization... but badass fight, and she keeps up that level of speed in other appearances.

BoyCheetah's at Barbara's pre-boost level and doesn't really show much speed feats, but Diana's always noted the Cheetah has a dangerous level of speed even to her.

King Castle
hmm.. i know modern cheetah cant.. sorry hyperbole from diana about guy cheeta dont count..

she has said similar things about certain low lvl street lvlers..

i will accept that cheetah's superhuman speed and agility is enough to throw off WW but not that it he is able to reach ftl speed blitz fighting not even close...

this is why skarr will be able to contend with cheetah in a fight..

AsbestosFlaygon
Skaar is Class 100, so he definitely can hang with Cheetah.

The only major problem is Cheetah's speed.
He's just as fast, if not faster, as Wonder Woman.

King Castle
facepalm

sigh.... after all the progress we were making.

Stoic
Originally posted by jalek moye
most of skaars notable stuff outside of the new hulk issue (of which I'll put up later today) is in his respect thread.

I definetly would have put him reforming from being ripped apart in there if it happened

I'm not talking about when he was impaled, I'm talking about when Axeman Bone was standing on his dragon, the dragon burned al of the villagers to cinders, and Skaar walked out of the fire. Axeman Bone then took a leap from on top of his dragon axe held over head, and turned Skaar into rubble, this all happened in issue number one pages 22-24. So yes he did reform, you should go back and check issue number 1.

So Cheetah is going to be running on top of liquid magma now huh!

To say that Skaar is not easily class 100 when he punched Juggernaut into space is your opinion, but when have we ever seen Colossus do that to Cain? Yet he's considered to be class 100!?? C'mon now.

Gecko4lif
You dont have to be much faster than human to run on magma. You do have to be more durable though

jalek moye
Originally posted by Stoic
I'm not talking about when he was impaled, I'm talking about when Axeman Bone was standing on his dragon, the dragon burned al of the villagers to cinders, and Skaar walked out of the fire. Axeman Bone then took a leap from on top of his dragon axe held over head, and turned Skaar into rubble, this all happened in issue number one pages 22-24. So yes he did reform, you should go back and check issue number 1.

So Cheetah is going to be running on top of liquid magma now huh!

To say that Skaar is not easily class 100 when he punched Juggernaut into space is your opinion, but when have we ever seen Colossus do that to Cain? Yet he's considered to be class 100!?? C'mon now.

When did i ever say he's not?

And due that guy wasn't Skaar, they first of all look nothing alike, and Skaar didn't have the old power when he atatcked Aceman, that boy did. Also the laste rissues that show Skaar smaller show he never looked like that boy did, if anything that boy might have been Hiro. He was also fully clotheed When Skaar had never wore a shirt or pants So why don't u re read the whole series again.

jalek moye
Actually next issue Hiro himself confirmed that that boy wasn't Skaar

janus77
Skaar wins.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by janus77
Skaar wins.

Is Skaar stronger than Cheetah?

Etna
Originally posted by jalek moye

So why don't u re read the whole series again.

laughing He should, yes

aztec
After rereading Land of the Dead, I'd hate to face Cheetah!! She ripped apart Flash. I could feel her teeth break my bones. As for the fight itself cheetah should take the majority. Minerva would wreck Skaar. She's far faster than him, and will inflict pain via her speed. Moreover, she also has the stregth and durability to back her up. She's been hit by Wonder Woman countless of times, and survived being electrocuted.

Q99
hmm.. i know modern cheetah cant.. sorry hyperbole from diana about guy cheeta dont count..

Modern Cheetah can't what? What hyperbole about guy Cheetah? Don't just trail off smile

Pre-Upgrade GirlCheetah, who's the same speed and power as BoyCheetah, has dong major damage to and beaten WW on occasion and WW's way faster and has better reactions than Skaar by a significant amount.

Saying 'not ftl so Skaar can contend' doesn't change that Skaar is majorly outclassed in those areas however you slice it, he can't contend.

The speed and agility of both Cheetahs has always given WW problems and it's often been a challenge to hit them at all.

King Castle
Originally posted by aztec
After rereading Land of the Dead, I'd hate to face Cheetah!! She ripped apart Flash. I could feel her teeth break my bones. As for the fight itself cheetah should take the majority. Minerva would wreck Skaar. She's far faster than him, and will inflict pain via her speed. Moreover, she also has the stregth and durability to back her up. She's been hit by Wonder Woman countless of times, and survived being electrocuted. its not a she its a he.. this is the male cheetah

BUSTER1
After reading scans of Hulk 611 i reckon Cheetah is dead!

Q99
Even though BoyCheetah is a tough fight for WW and can even pound down Superman pretty fast?

ankur29
i think skaar amped to a strength level ("commanding kinetic power"wink of a hundred trillion tons in IH 611

ankur29
http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/ankur2292/th_IncredibleHulk611008.jpg

Q99
Ah, he can move that much ground.

Konton
Speed Bltz

Jonah Hex
Skaar wins
Stronger
more durable

iceman24567
Cheetah blitzes him

Q99
Originally posted by Jonah Hex
Skaar wins
Stronger
more durable

Shredded like confetti.

It'll be way hard for him to dish out anything, and he does not have the durability to stand up to Cheetah's damage output.

Jonah Hex
He has HF
He will absorb energy from planet
and one shot the pretender
who i doubt is as fast as the real deal

Q99
Originally posted by Jonah Hex
He has HF

HF won't last long against this kind of damage.

The user may be a pretender, but it's the real power. Still able to threaten WW, able to go toe-to-toe with the goddess Fury, and able to take out Superman. If there's a difference it'd mostly be in usage of it.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by ankur29
http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/ankur2292/th_IncredibleHulk611008.jpg
And what does that prove?

Cheetah wins via speedblitz and CL 100+ slashing and pounding.

Skaar's HF is nowhere near as Wolverine's, Hulk's or Lobo's... sooner or later, he will give in to his injuries.

Philosophía
Cheetah.

tideoftime
If we're going with Sebastian as the Cheetah, I'd edge with him, but not a stomp, by any means. If it's current Barbara, then Skaar's in more trouble. Not a complete stomp, but more in Barbara's favor than with Sebastian...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.