Classic Nefaria vs Lobo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

Personally, I think this would be a spectacular fight..

Flyattractor
Nefaria is a GUY?

With a name like that I wasn thinking a chick.

Oh well.

LOBO aint no wussy Avenger.

HE takes him out...

but IN DATE KINDA WAY!

Ya pervs.

guy222
taking the count

Prep-Man
Lobo.

Stoic
Classic Nefaria

victorymaker
Classic Nefaria owns Lobo

Lord_Talron
nefaria for sure

vansonbee
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Lobo.

Lord_Talron
how?

victorymaker
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
how?

Classic Nefaria took on the Avengers by himself. That's why he wins.

Lord_Talron
it could be argued that lobo could too, but i think nefaria is above him so im curious at how lobo wins

Prep-Man
Lobo took on multiple JLA members once and just recently the Sinestro, Hal, and that purple chick. Lobo has some high feats, too. Like killing a god. lol.

cdtm
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
it could be argued that lobo could too, but i think nefaria is above him so im curious at how lobo wins

Beats him down.

Nefarias damage soak is pretty high, but Lobos is insane. At the least, Thors punches were hurting Nefaria, and a building falling on top of him staggered him. Contrast with Lobo literally laughing off Guy Gardner dropping a skyscraper on him, and generally shrugging off attacks from Mon El, Superman (Most impressive was Supes amped up on Kryptonite X knocking Lobo into orbit and through an alien ship, with Bo having an entire coherant thought during the trip up) Captain Marvel, various Green Lanterns, and even Despero. The bulk of his appearances portray him as literally immune to pain, up to having his limbs ripped off or most of his body destroyed..

Now, I'm not saying he'll go through Nefaria like nothing, I'm just trying to argue given Lobo's history and given what's affected Nefaria in the past, the main man has what it takes to give the Count the fight of his life..

Edit: And as for 'Bo's strength, it's nowhere near as insane as his damage soak, but it should hurt Nefaria. In a Legion story, he kicked Superman into orbit, then leaped after him, and he's generally matched or exeeded characters on Supermans level, with comments on how strong he is..

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
Beats him down.

Nefarias damage soak is pretty high, but Lobos is insane. At the least, Thors punches were hurting Nefaria, and a building falling on top of him staggered him. Contrast with Lobo literally laughing off Guy Gardner dropping a skyscraper on him, and generally shrugging off attacks from Mon El, Superman (Most impressive was Supes amped up on Kryptonite X knocking Lobo into orbit and through an alien ship, with Bo having an entire coherant thought during the trip up) Captain Marvel, various Green Lanterns, and even Despero. The bulk of his appearances portray him as literally immune to pain, up to having his limbs ripped off or most of his body destroyed..

Now, I'm not saying he'll go through Nefaria like nothing, I'm just trying to argue given Lobo's history and given what's affected Nefaria in the past, the main man has what it takes to give the Count the fight of his life..

Edit: And as for 'Bo's strength, it's nowhere near as insane as his damage soak, but it should hurt Nefaria. In a Legion story, he kicked Superman into orbit, then leaped after him, and he's generally matched or exeeded characters on Supermans level, with comments on how strong he is..
However Lobo was oneshotted by an eclipsed Superman, who later had a hard time with Captain Marvel.

cdtm
Originally posted by Stoic
However Lobo was oneshotted by an eclipsed Superman, who later had a hard time with Captain Marvel.

True, and that's a popular example against him.

But it also goes against his history of tanking much, much greater amounts of damage then the Eclipsed Superman unleashed (Four hard punches knocked him out, and one major punch did the same? 'Bo's laughed off attacks from Despero and tanked a lot worse in his history..)

Not to mention, heat vision made him scream, despite having zero effect when Superman, made bloodlusted by Eradicators influence, used it on him in their "former" first encounter.

Prep-Man
Wasn't Eclipsed Superman powered by Eclipso artifact?

cdtm
Wasn't Eclipsed Superman powered by Eclipso artifact?

An artifact is how Eclipso converted characters, and there's some evidence normal humans got a power boost, but not much evidence overpowered characters like Superman got a similar boost (Kind of like how Beta Ray Bill was already nearly on Thors level physically without the hammer, and being transformed didn't amp him much beyond that..)

And his magic weakness still existed, going by the more recent Eclipsed Superman vs Captain Marvel, round 2, so it didn't amp his resistances at the least..

Flyattractor
Beats him down.

I missed that App. What ish,and book was that?

I have all 3 of those issues where that happend.and there was nevery anything said about Supes getting his powers increased or decreased by a Eclipso.

So that statment is crap.

I would think that Eclipso would boost his powers because he
A. Would probably have to seeing as how Supes gets his powers from the Sun,and Eclipso would be driven out by it and would thus have to do something to keep supes from powering down over time.
B.Eclipso is a evil bastard and wouldn't fight fair.

And out of the JLA,and L.E.G.I.O.N taking on Supes. LOBO was the ONLY one that could put up any kind of a fight in that whole battle.

So I think The Main Man could take Neffy out given time.

cdtm
I have all 3 of those issues where that happend.and there was nevery anything said about Supes getting his powers increased or decreased by a Eclipso.

So that statment is crap.

I agree.

Like I said, regular humans got a boost, but there's no reason to believe Superman did.

Black bolt z
Classic Nefaria

cdtm
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I missed that App. What ish,and book was that?

And out of the JLA,and L.E.G.I.O.N taking on Supes. LOBO was the ONLY one that could put up any kind of a fight in that whole battle.

So I think The Main Man could take Neffy out given time.

This is a good point.

What gets lost between the lines of Superman knocking Lobo out, is how 'Bo kept fighting him and actually had him on the ropes before the volcano exploded.

Flyattractor
I miss the 90's.

cdtm
I miss the 90's.

I miss the 90's and the 80's. big grin

Yeah, the 90's were a fun time to be a comic book fan, with Image and Valiant in full bloom, and a comic book shop on every corner.. Not to mention the combo video game/comic shops, where everyone played games all day.

Granted, the same era also drove comic prices through the roof and they practically robbed loyal fans blind, but it was still a fun ride.

Plus cartoons like Gargoyles, Beast Wars, and all the Warner Bros's stuff.

Prep-Man
I miss the 90's and the 80's. big grin

Yeah, the 90's were a fun time to be a comic book fan, with Image and Valiant in full bloom, and a comic book shop on every corner.. Not to mention the combo video game/comic shops, where everyone played games all day.

Granted, the same era also drove comic prices through the roof and they practically robbed loyal fans blind, but it was still a fun ride.

Plus cartoons like Gargoyles, Beast Wars, and all the Warner Bros's stuff.

Do you think the 80/90 are better than today?

Flyattractor
Very True.
It was the comic book message boards in REAL LIFE!

Especialy miss the "shop on every corner bit"

I can remember when New Comic book day could take up THE WHOLE DAY just going around and hitting all the shops.

sigh.

cdtm
Do you think the 80/90 are better than today?

In some ways, yeah. It'd be a pretty long rant to elaborate, but there simply isn't much worth doing in town anymore. No reason to go outside, meet people, have some fun (Unless you like drinking, that is.).. So many people would rather take advantage of free internet services and use their netbooks/Apple devices then socialize.

And if you're a kid, you may as well forget about having much fun. Nothing but coffee shops and Dunkin' Donuts, and the police officers aren't very kid friendly.. We used to have a pretty good arcade, but only half the games work now, and half the parking lot is filled with weeds.

Mind, this isn't a hick town, it's a pretty thriving suburban area.

And really, what's on TV for kids now? Avatar was good, and now it's gone. Batman: B&B is headed out the door.

And as for comic books, while an adult may enjoy Civil War or Identity Crisis, is that really something a kids going to want to read? It's kind of a downer, you know?

Flyattractor
I can honeslty say I don't know anything about CN to be able to come up with anything other then a random guess.

But i still vote LOBO!@

"Id"

the ninjak
Lobo and his Looney Tune level powers win.

cdtm

cdtm
I can honeslty say I don't know anything about CN to be able to come up with anything other then a random guess.

But i still vote LOBO!@

CN is most famous for stopping Thors hammer mid swing, and he's a pretty powerful character considering he took a beating from Thor and was still healthy enough to toss buildings at him.

Iron Man managed to hold his own for a few minutes, but only by amping his armor to it's highest levels.

No two ways about it, he's a formidable character. But with the hype he gets on some message boards, you'd think it'd take nothing short of Thanos or silver age Mangog to have a chance against him, instead of a Superman/Thor level type or even herald level.

Stoic
And the immortality thing? Heaven didn't want him, hell couldn't handle him, so they made a deal.

Thats DC Hell, Marvels Hell would have no problem with Lobo.

Prep-Man
Thats DC Hell, Marvels Hell would have no problem with Lobo.

DC's Hell has Lucifer, Neron, Lord Satanus, etc... It's pretty damn formidable.

cdtm
DC's Hell has Lucifer, Neron, Lord Satanus, etc... It's pretty damn formidable.

And for what it's worth, Etrigan and a mob of demons tried kicking his rear, and got punked rather easily for their efforts..

And Alan Moore established being able to hurt a demon is something you'd need some uberness to accomplish, considering a rank and file demon was surprised when Swamp Thing hurt him with a punch, which is explained as possible because of he's a plant elemental..

Mshinu
Would be a great battle. Not totally sure who would win, but I am leaning towards the Count for a slim majority.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.