PoD Kas'im & Bane vs NJO Luke & Jacen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Luke and Jacen track Kas'im and Bane down and locates them on Ossus. Both side immediately engage each other. Who wins?

Lightsaber
Force
All Out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Bi1c9LmhU

Vorpal Ruin
The Jedi win.

Aede Madavan
Lightsaber:

NJO Luke - 8.5
PoD Kas'im - 9.2
PoD Bane - 8.4
NJO Jacen - 6

Teamwork: Slight advantage for Bane and Kas'im

The Sith win

Force:

NJO Luke - 9.5
PoD Kas'im - 7.8
PoD Bane - 9.4
NJO Jacen - 5.8

Teamwork: Slight advantage for Jacen and Luke

The Sith win

All Out:

NJO Luke - 8.9
PoD Kas'im - 8.7
PoD Bane - 9.1
NJO Jacen - 5.9

Teamwork: No advantage.

The Sith win

Slash_KMC
You're quite the accountant.

Wait, you're saying that Bane would beat Luke all out and that Kas'im would beat Luke in lightsabers? You're Neb aren't you.

Aede Madavan
Why thank you. cool

Edited to adjust Jacen's score.

Luke is slightly better than Bane with both the Force and a lightsaber but I feel that in an all out fight Bane would be more prepared/inclined to use his overwhelming power in the Force to his advantage and would be able to combine the two elements more intelligently.

Kas'im, due to his considerable technical superiority with a lightsaber, and his impressive Force-assisted lightsaber attributes, scores higher in the lightsaber department.

Jacen just flat out sucks, and nets the Sith an easy win.

Edit-what is a Neb?

Zampanó
I approve of the use of sig digs.

ares834
Originally posted by Aede Madavan
Weird arbitrary numbers...
laughing

Also, Jedi win

truejedi
i laugh at the arbitrary numbers, but i do not mock. I do disagree with their specific values however...

Vorpal Ruin
This guy's numbers are totally inaccurate. NJO Luke not the best lightsaber stat? Sure man.

Nephthys
Kas'im is technically better and I'd wager Luke doesn't know how to use other saber styles and makes (whip, double etc) as well as him. The most exotic I recall him being is doubling up with a shoto.

truejedi
he wields two sabers in NJO to devestating effect.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Nephthys
Kas'im is technically better and I'd wager Luke doesn't know how to use other saber styles and makes (whip, double etc) as well as him. The most exotic I recall him being is doubling up with a shoto.

You say this in a 'matter of fact' sort of way, when its far from a fact.

truejedi
is Kas'sim actually a master of the whip? i don't remember if that is made clear or not.

Darth_Glentract
I dont remember ever seeing a whip when Kas'im was alive. Not saying for sure they didnt exist, I just cant think of any particular instance.

I think Luke and Jacen are going to win this, but Jacen is definitey the weak link. I wouldn't be surprised if he's killed in the battle.

Zampanó
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
I dont remember ever seeing a whip when Kas'im was alive. Not saying for sure they didnt exist, I just cant think of any particular instance.

I think Luke and Jacen are going to win this, but Jacen is definitey the weak link. I wouldn't be surprised if he's killed in the battle.
The girl that Bane likes uses a whip.

Her instructor in the use of that whip is Kas'im.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract

Githany used one, didn't she? She was his student.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
You say this in a 'matter of fact' sort of way, when its far from a fact.

Kas'im knows (and created?) thousands of sequences and techniques using all the Forms, weapons and variations of them. He dedicated his life to the blade. Luke is mostly self taught and I've never read anything about his level of technical skill at all. Sure he would steamroll through Kas'im like a locomotive on crack becuase of his raw power, but his technical ability doesn't match up from what I know.

Vorpal Ruin
Kas'im knows (and created?) thousands of sequences and techniques using all the Forms, weapons and variations of them. He dedicated his life to the blade. Luke is mostly self taught and I've never read anything about his level of technical skill at all. Sure he would steamroll through Kas'im like a locomotive on crack becuase of his raw power, but his technical ability doesn't match up from what I know.

Luke being self-taught, wouldn't that imply that he has also created forms and sequences?

Nephthys
Implys maybe, proves nothing.

Vorpal Ruin
Perhaps. One may also assume that with very little training, knowing almost nothing of the old forms and still being the best lightsaber combatant there is, that Luke is more skilled.

Also, wasn't Ki-Adi-Mundi the battlemaster for the PT era jedi? If so, his knowledge of the forms and sequences of lightsaber combat didn't seem to help him against Anakin. The same could be said when comparing Luke and Kas'im.

Gideon
Cin Drallig was the battlemaster during the Clone Wars.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Gideon
Cin Drallig was the battlemaster during the Clone Wars.

Oops.

Either way, Nephthys, if you use Lukes lack of knowedge of saber forms against him, it should also be used against Kas'im, because Luke created his own forms. Luke may or may not have some knowledge of any of the forms Kas'im used, but there is no chance Kas'im can know Luke's.

Aede Madavan
is it not possible that Luke's lightsaber knowledge consisted solely of his early training with Yoda and Obi-Wan and the numerous pieces of Jedi knowledge he recovers during the books (such as the Chun'Thor (sp?)). Can we say that he definitely created his own style?

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Aede Madavan
is it not possible that Luke's lightsaber knowledge consisted solely of his early training with Yoda and Obi-Wan and the numerous pieces of Jedi knowledge he recovers during the books (such as the Chun'Thor (sp?)). Can we say that he definitely created his own style?

I believe he took his early training and modified it into the the high, low and mid positions(or something like that). Atleast thats what I remember reading somewhere.

ares834
Luke used a from V variatn when he fought Vader aboard the Death Star II. He learned it from Kenobi's journals and his first duel with his father.

In TUF however, his form is very similar to Vaapad. In fact, Luceno claims that he wrote it that way intentionally.

mattatom
I believe he took his early training and modified it into the the high, low and mid positions(or something like that). Atleast thats what I remember reading somewhere. Slow, Medium and Fast Styles. Thankyou Jedi Academy.

Lord Lucien
Outcast first.

chilled monkey
Githany used one, didn't she? She was his student.

Yes she did.

The Ellimist
how can Luke and Jacen last against the synergy of Kas'im's forms and Bane's footwork?

carthage

lmfao

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.