Gabe Law & Yulaw vs. Spider-Man & Venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkNemesis
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s80/bloodykisses03/jet_li.jpg http://www.movievillains.com/images/jetli_one.jpg

vs.

http://johnnygoestothemovies.com/images/SpiderMan2.jpg http://ekle.us/media/Spiderman3/VenomJumping.jpg

The setting is the factory where the Laws ending fight took place.

Gabe Law and Yulaw are ready to duke it out when suddenly Spider-Man and Venom come crashing in through the roof.

The Laws look at each other and nod simultaneously, coming to an agreement to settle their own issues later and team up on these two strangers.

Meanwhile, the two web-slinging nemeses realize the Laws' intent and reluctantly agree to join forces.

Fight to the death, all four combatants are going for the kill.

Rogue Jedi
Venom might be a problem for them.

DarkNemesis
Should I give Spider-Man symbiote enhancements? Sure Venom has already been created, but there's also that sample being stored in Dr. Connors' place.

Rogue Jedi
No, Spidey as he is and Venom are more than the Laws can handle I think.

DarkNemesis
Oh OK, when you said "Venom might be a problem for them", I thought you were implying that Spidey wouldn't be much of a factor. My bad.

Tattoos N Scars
If the Laws can quickly figure out Venom's weakness to loud noises..then, they could possibly contain him...leaving a two on one matchup against Spider Man. However, Spidey's pre-cog and agility will give the Law's problems.

DarkNemesis
What can they use to exploit the weakness though? BTW all four combatants are initially unarmed. It's a fist fight.

Tattoos N Scars
If it is a fist fight, then the Law's win...they are better fighters. If anything goes, I give it to Spidey and Venom.

KingD19
Venom is a problem because he has fangs and claws.

He and Spidey both have enough speed/strength to make it a fight for the Asians.

And their webbing is definitely a problem.

DarkNemesis
It's a fist fight, but anything still goes. All combatants can use items in their surroundings, Spider-Man and Venom both can use webs. They can all jump on walls.

I just said fist fight because inevitably punches and kicks will be thrown lol. But ultimately, everyone's going all out and anything goes.

Anyways, I'm undecided. I think it could go either way. The Laws are faster and definitely better fighters, as Tattoos N Scars pointed out, but Spidey and Venom can both soak up insane amounts of damage.

Tattoos N Scars
The Law's are super-fast. I don't see Spidey and Venom lasting long against the Law's using their fists. If Spidey and Venom can keep it in the rafters or out of the reach of the Law's...then, the Law's will have trouble fighting off the webbing. The Law's might be strong enough to break through, but it would take a little while...long enough to be slammed into everything in the factory, that's for sure..lol.

If Team Spidy wins, I think it would be more because of Venom..he wouldn't hold back and is far more ruthless.

DarkNemesis
Hmmm yeah you have a point.

Venom and Spidey have long range attacks, The Laws have incredible speed. That should somewhat even it out.

The Laws are also bullet timers, so dodging webbing shouldn't be too much of a problem. There are inevitably going to be bits where the fight will get up close and personal. Then it will essentially be speed + skill vs. strength + durability. And yeah, since no one's holding back, they'll be punching each other through everything in the factory lol.

Forget about the fist fight, it's all out. Let's just have it the fun way lol. I personally will see it swinging back and forth between up close and long distance.

Rogue Jedi
What exactly were Venoms strengths/weaknesses/attributes? I might be wrong about Law's having no chance.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
What exactly were Venoms strengths/weaknesses/attributes? I might be wrong about Law's having no chance.

Vemon is exactly like Spidey, except Parker realized sound hurts the synmbiote..

just watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIxWDh0hRWQ

Placidity

He is pretty much just a stronger version of Spider-man.

If Spidey didn't get smart with the sonics weakness, Venom would've wrecked him.

Venom has a weakness to "sonic vibrations".

Rogue Jedi
Forgive me, I heard somewhere Venom had mad regen.

Placidity
Forgive me, I heard somewhere Venom had mad regen.

Well, its not clear if the symbiote provides regen to Eddie.

The scene is pretty much Goblin cutting Venom with two razor bats, exposing a flesh wound, and the symbiote quickly covers it up.

Venom in the comics had a healing factor, maybe thats what they were trying to show in the film.

Robtard
Not sure if the Laws are strong enough to take either of the Marvel team down.

They hit hard and are super-strong, but Spider-man takes bombs to the face, thrown into brick walls and that being pounded on my the massive Sandman would equate to hundreds of tons of force he absorbed.

Robtard
Originally posted by Placidity
Well, its not clear if the symbiote provides regen to Eddie.

The scene is pretty much Goblin cutting Venom with two razor bats, exposing a flesh wound, and the symbiote quickly covers it up.

Venom in the comics had a healing factor, maybe thats what they were trying to show in the film.

I think they were trying to show that in order to take down Venom physically, you'd have to hurt the host, but the Symbiote offers great protection and it can quickly heal itself.

Rogue Jedi
And Spidey/Venom are bullet timers too, yeah?

BruceSkywalker

"my spider sense is tingling" laughing out loud stick out tongue

Robtard

In SM2 when the thieves were fleeing in the convertible Lincoln Continental, they were firing at him; he was casually swinging out of the way.

Rogue Jedi
erk the Spider nerds stomp.

DarkNemesis
Originally posted by Robtard
In SM2 when the thieves were fleeing in the convertible Lincoln Continental, they were firing at him; he was casually swinging out of the way.

I don't think that's bullet timing per se. It seemed more like high-level aim dodging, since he wasn't moving at superhuman speeds. It's still an impressive feat, but not quite on par with some of the Laws' bullet timing feats.

You'd literally have to be a blur to move out of the line of fire after the bullet leaves the barrel, hence why most bullet timing scenes are in slow mo. The Laws were literally going Neo every single time they were fired at with guns.

I guess team Spidey may have a slight edge here. Durability, strength, spider-sense, and webbing are all pluses. However, combat speed most definitely go to the Laws.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.