Pre-Crisis Hal Jordan Vs Monarch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad214/prepman005/GreenLantern026-23.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/140977-5402-monarch_large.jpg

Harbinger
GLs weren't affected by COIE, IIRC.

Regardless, Hal gets absolutely wrecked here.

Cubey
We've already seen Monarch utterly stomp multiple GL's, along with Supermen and 51 Captain Atom's.

TheTyrant
Countdown: Arena ftw?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Cubey
We've already seen Monarch utterly stomp multiple GL's, along with Supermen and 51 Captain Atom's.

And? We've seen PC Hal take control of the whole JLA. This including Pre-Crisis Superman, MM, etc... Not to mention holding back PC Superman and catching a PC Barry Allen.

He also held the Crime Syndicate in a force bubble. All of them, which also included PC Ultraman.

h1a8
PC Hal stomps. He can time travel, stop time, have reflexes and speed to catching Flash.

Harbinger
Originally posted by Prep-Man
And? We've seen PC Hal take control of the whole JLA. This including Pre-Crisis Superman, MM, etc... Not to mention holding back PC Superman and catching a PC Barry Allen.

He also held the Crime Syndicate in a force bubble. All of them, which also included PC Ultraman. So "PC" Hal > a room full of GLs, Supermen, and 51 versions of Captain Atom combined? Because he needs to be in order to beat Monarch.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Harbinger
So "PC" Hal > a room full of GLs, Supermen, and 51 versions of Captain Atom combined? Because he needs to be in order to beat Monarch.

Most of those guys were featless, anyway. Plus, Hal could do a lot of other things, other than energy blasts or constructs. The man was very versatile. More so than Monarch.

Mindset
Didn't Pre Crisis CA beat Pre Crisis Hal?

Harbinger
Monarch became significantly stronger after absorbing the alternate CAs' powers to the point that he was able to manhandle SBP (minus his monologuing) and destroy an entire universe after Prime breached his suit. Hal may be more versatile, but I don't think he has nearly the firepower to drop someone on Monarch's level.

Cubey
Monarch's energy manipulation makes him versatile as well.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Harbinger
Monarch became significantly stronger after absorbing the alternate CAs' powers to the point that he was able to manhandle SBP (minus his monologuing) and destroy an entire universe after Prime breached his suit. Hal may be more versatile, but I don't think he has nearly the firepower to drop someone on Monarch's level.

Do you think Monarch can resist a soul drain? Or channel his energy right back at him.

kgkg
Monarch stomps hard.

Prep-Man
How does he stomp? Hal's fought universal creatures before.

kgkg
How does he stomp? Hal's fought universal creatures before. and and so has Superman , Thor , Surfer.... Pre Crisis Hal was nothing to brag about... I can go feat for feat war using Classic Surfer with Pre Crisis Hal.... his Average wasn't greater than High Herald.

and Monarch stomps those.

batdude123
Originally posted by Mindset

That wasn't Pre-Crisis.

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by Mindset

99% sure that Nathaniel Adam didn't exist Pre-Crisis.

Prep-Man
none of those featless guys did anything Hal could or did any versatility to put Monarch down. Hal won't make that mistake.

There is nothing Surfer can do that Hal can't or hasn't accomplished. His feats are better than classic Surfer's.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
99% sure that Nathaniel Adam didn't exist Pre-Crisis.

He came out in 1960. Charlton years.

batdude123

He said that Nathaniel Adam didn't exist Pre-Crisis, which is true. Pre-Crisis Captain Atom was Allen Adam.

Try reading wikipedia a little more carefully next time.

Johnny Sorrow

No he didn't. You're talking about Allen Adam, a completely different character.

Prep-Man
I didn't say Nathanial Adam exsisted PC. I just said CA came out in 1960. Get it?

batdude123
I didn't say Nathanial Adam exsisted PC. I just said CA came out in 1960. Get it?

Johnny Sorrow stated that Nathaniel Adam didn't exist in the Pre-Crisis era. To which you responded:

"He (Nathaniel Adam)" did not come out in 1960.

Nice back pedal, though.

Johnny Sorrow

Originally posted by batdude123
He said that Nathaniel Adam didn't exist Pre-Crisis, which is true. Pre-Crisis Captain Atom was Allen Adam.

Try reading wikipedia a little more carefully next time.

Prep-Man
I'm just briefly scanning threads, I just meant a CA exsisted in the 60's.

kgkg
There is nothing Surfer can do that Hal can't or hasn't accomplished. His feats are better than classic Surfer's. Even if they are .... Which I doubt.... So wanna go at it feat war????? On average I will guarantee you Pre Crisis Hal is not way beyond the Surfer infact I remember going toe to toe few years ago in feat war with Pre Crisis Hal and Surfer.... Of course you will have those punky one time feat from the Pre Crisis era but on average he was not portrayed high that Surfer.

While Monarch stomped a team full of those character.

So what feats exactly puts him above say the Surfer or Superman or Thor?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by kgkg
Even if they are .... Which I doubt.... So wanna go at it feat war????? On average I will guarantee you Pre Crisis Hal is not way beyond the Surfer infact I remember going toe to toe few years ago in feat war with Pre Crisis Hal and Surfer.... Of course you will have those punky one time feat from the Pre Crisis era but on average he was not portrayed high that Surfer.

While Monarch stomped a team full of those character.

So what feats exactly puts him above say the Surfer or Superman or Thor?

Who did you have a feat war with? BTW, PC Superman admittes that Hal's power is pretty much limitless. Hal has taken over the JLA a couple times and easily converted their bodies to pure energy to survive a cosmic explosion.

I'm using Desaad's respect thread, BTW. I've seen Surfer's thread and read some of his run and they are practically identical in versatility and power.

kgkg
Originally posted by Prep-Man Who did you have a feat war with? BTW, PC Superman admittes that Hal's power is pretty much limitless. Hal has taken over the JLA a couple times and easily converted their bodies to pure energy to survive a cosmic explosion. Don't remember I think it was jrodslam it should be under Surfer vs Hal.... Ya and you know how many times Surfer's power has been stated to be limitless right. And Surfer has been stated on panel to be the one most powerful in the Universe and even the Multiverse... doesn't really mean it's true. I know what Pre Cris Hal has done on average it's nothing that the Surfer can't compete with... Also Pre Crisis Hal has struggled to blow up planets and required extreme will power to achieve what Surfer was doing causally... So he might have one or two feat that can't be replicated but on average Surfer can do what Hal did.

Originally posted by Prep-Man I'm using Desaad's respect thread, BTW. I've seen Surfer's thread and read some of his run and they are practically identical in versatility and power. Say what?

If you want to have a feat war I'm up for it... There is no way Pre Crisis Hal is way greater than Classic Surfer.

Prep-Man
Different writers do different things. I've seen Surfer strugle with things Hal has done effortlessly. Hal has casually transported and moved entire planets with ease and snuffed out stars.

Superman was studying Hal's ring, IIRC. I'd back up Superman who was pretty much a genius back then.

To be fair, i'd give Surfer some wins over Monarch, if he plays it smart.

kgkg
To be fair, i'd give Surfer some wins over Monarch, if he plays it smart. Say what? Are we talking about the same Monarch here?

Prep-Man
Prime managed to breach his suit. A PC kryptonian amped. Surfer is not that far off. If he can somehow funnel all the energy and teleport it away, he could win.

Plus, Lord Havok was able to DRAIN his energy. And he didn;t even Know it! That's how you play it smart.

Cubey
Prime amped with Oan energy > Surfer I would wager.

And I really doubt Surfer would be able to channel a universe busting explosion.

Atom was also an energy/matter manipulator so transmuting tricks woulsn't exactly work.

Harbinger

To be fair, i'd give Surfer some wins over Monarch, if he plays it smart.
McAeQiLmEYU&feature

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.