Blue Marvel vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jonah Hex
Blue Marvel vs Thor
Who wins
Fight in Marvel NYC

KingD19
I think BM can take a slight majority. He did just put down King Hyperion, and he took it to the entire Avengers Roster, including Sentry on his own.

The Nuul
Thor has big hammer.
Thor wins.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by The Nuul
Thor has big hammer.
Thor wins.

It's not THAT big.

Thor still wins tho.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor.

Bentley
Originally posted by KingD19
I think BM can take a slight majority. He did just put down King Hyperion, and he took it to the entire Avengers Roster, including Sentry on his own.

He didn't take Thor though.

Thor 9/10.

I give 1 to BM because he might be able to lift the hammer.

dmills
Thor. For now.

KingD19
He's definitely in Thor's leage. He could have split the moon in half with one punch if he wanted to.

Thor definitely doesn't take 9/10, if he does get a majority, it's 6/10

Omega Vision
Agreed. We need more showings before we can say that Blue Marvel can deal with the full panoply of Thor's powerset.

That being said I think BM can take at least 2 out of 10 since Thor does tend to love a good brawl and BM did pretty much beat King Hyperion in a brawl.

Bentley
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Agreed. We need more showings before we can say that Blue Marvel can deal with the full panoply of Thor's powerset.

That being said I think BM can take at least 2 out of 10 since Thor does tend to love a good brawl and BM did pretty much beat King Hyperion in a brawl.

Hyperion also destroyed BM in a brawl, they pretty much splitted that combat.

KingD19
Originally posted by Bentley
Hyperion also destroyed BM in a brawl, they pretty much splitted that combat.

No...Hyperion won the first part of the fight because BM's heart wasn't in it, and he realized that even as a hero, people were scared of him...he thought the whole thing was pointless. Then Hyperion threatened that girl, and it pushed BM over the edge. After that, he left Hyperion unconscious.

It's not a split if one guy gets beat because he's not trying, then he comes back and beats the other guy so bad he goes to sleep.

dmills
No...Hyperion won the first part of the fight because BM's heart wasn't in it, and he realized that even as a hero, people were scared of him...he thought the whole thing was pointless. Then Hyperion threatened that girl, and it pushed BM over the edge. After that, he left Hyperion unconscious.

It's not a split if one guy gets beat because he's not trying, then he comes back and beats the other guy so bad he goes to sleep. thumb up

Omega Vision

It's not a split if one guy gets beat because he's not trying, then he comes back and beats the other guy so bad he goes to sleep.
I wouldn't say BM wasn't trying in round one. You don't half-ass it against a guy like King Hyperion.

What did happen is that BM was able to tap into his heroic resolve (a very powerful force in fiction) and beat a superior opponent through sheer gumption and righteous fury.

Bentley

I don't disagree with your reasoning, but since Hyperion certainly hurt BM, we know for a fact he's not above Thor in the true sense of the word. From there you can see Thor has every advantage over BM, so I don't see why its so important to give him some pitty wins over being able to hang against his opponent.

Thor is superior to BM as Captain is superior than Punisher in h2h. If Cap doesn't hold back, Punisher is beaten, period. Same here.

Newjak
To be honest if this is King Hyperion he beat I was never that impressed with him to begin with

Bentley
Originally posted by Newjak
To be honest if this is King Hyperion he beat I was never that impressed with him to begin with

Seconded.

The Nuul
BM fought KH?

Bentley
BM fought KH?

Yep, Age of Heroes 03, he makes a comeback after Hyperion trashes the Winter Guard (Ursa Major was totally conscious though smile ).

The Nuul
I thought that was just a alt version of H and not KH. So this feat either is good for BM or bad for KH.

Newjak
I thought that was just a alt version of H and not KH. So this feat either is good for BM or bad for KH. Like I said if its KH I've never been impressed with KH so its a decent feat for BM and what I would expect from KH going against a higher level person.

KingD19
But KH did say he'd killed countless other Blue Marvels.

The Nuul
Yeah imo KH is way too over hyped and lackes good feats.

KingD19
Yeah imo KH is way too over hyped and lackes good feats.

He might not have any good feats....but he did kill every hero in his universe, including the likes of Thor, Blue Marvel, Hulk, etc...

Gecko4lif
And he killed sentry

at least once

The Nuul
He might not have any good feats....but he did kill every hero in his universe, including the likes of Thor, Blue Marvel, Hulk, etc...

Exiles are not > or = 616 versions.

Estacado
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
And he killed sentry

at least once
So did Thor....for good....estahuh

ankur29
Originally posted by Estacado
So did Thor....for good....estahuh
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Harbinger
Thor still, despite Marvel's recent showings. Mjolnir's still a major problem that I don't see BM being able to solve.

The Nuul
BFR the hammer like what Glads did might work.

Lord_Talron
thor wins

Newjak
He might not have any good feats....but he did kill every hero in his universe, including the likes of Thor, Blue Marvel, Hulk, etc... Alternate reality versions, plus the exiles by themselves gave KH a run for his money.

The only time we get any sort of quantifiable feats from him, he fell short.

Like he couldn't stop the meteor, he couldn't take a half lightspeed 75 ton attack without being seriously messed up. These kind of feats aren't even close to the average for the higher tiers like Thor, Superman.

Q99
I thought that was just a alt version of H and not KH. So this feat either is good for BM or bad for KH.

It's a version of Hyperion who calls himself KH, but may not be our EXiles KH.

Considering he seems to lack EXiles KH's crazy regen, the major thing that differentiates him from the others, probably someone else.

Also, EXiles King Hyperion would have the opportunity to kill one, maybe two Blue Marvels, not countless, at least where we last saw him. He never got spend time jumping universe to universe.

He was slapping them around, with them barely surviving due to cleverness and stuff that'd be far more fatal to almost anyone else. 'Barely surviving' in general, he did kill Namora, equal to 616 Namor, with one shot of his heat vision.

The big thing about KH is he simply doesn't stop or die. It's not that he's all that much more powerful than a normal Hype, it's just that where turning the head of normal Hyperion 180 might be helpful, it barely buys a handful of seconds against him.

At the least, simply beating him into the ground like BM did shouldn't work, when two Hyperions (including the main one we're the most familiar with) couldn't manage that against the EXiles version.

Newjak
Originally posted by Q99
It's a version of Hyperion who calls himself KH, but may not be our EXiles KH.

Considering he seems to lack EXiles KH's crazy regen, the major thing that differentiates him from the others, probably someone else.

Also, EXiles King Hyperion would have the opportunity to kill one, maybe two Blue Marvels, not countless, at least where we last saw him. He never got spend time jumping universe to universe.

He was slapping them around, with them barely surviving due to cleverness and stuff that'd be far more fatal to almost anyone else. 'Barely surviving' in general, he did kill Namora, equal to 616 Namor, with one shot of his heat vision.

The big thing about KH is he simply doesn't stop or die. It's not that he's all that much more powerful than a normal Hype, it's just that where turning the head of normal Hyperion 180 might be helpful, it barely buys a handful of seconds against him.

At the least, simply beating him into the ground like BM did shouldn't work, when two Hyperions (including the main one we're the most familiar with) couldn't manage that against the EXiles version. They did rather well considering their power level.

Namora broke his neck and honestly to me 616 Namor >>> Namora

As for his intense healing I really only think he got that because he was in the cyrstal palace. He even makes mention of it that the energy there helped his cells regen. After leaving the palace and possibly loosing the temp power up he had, he could have easily lost his crazy regen.

Of course this may not be KH like you said.

Nihilist
Blue Marvel wins.

Warlord
lol

Thor drains his anti-mater energy

Nihilist
Originally posted by Warlord
lol

Thor drains his anti-mater energy Like he drains energy in every fight, yeah like that.

Warlord
he has done it in a fair amount of times to consider it a legit option...not that he needs it though

Nihilist
he has done it in a fair amount of times to consider it a legit option...not that he needs it though BM can easily slug it out with Thor a takes the wins.

Warlord
Originally posted by Nihilist
BM can easily slug it out with Thor a takes the wins.

BM can take mjolnir to face and get knocked out.
He's done what momentarily sent starks avengers' sentry to space and then loose or beaten hyperion? good but not impressive

Nihilist
BM can take mjolnir to face and get knocked out.
He's done what momentarily sent starks avengers' sentry to space and then loose or beaten hyperion? good but not impressive It took Sentry dive bombing from space with suprise attack to only just ko him,so Thor aint knocking him out with Mjolnir.

He beat down the entire Avengers team and Ko'd the Sentry whilst fighting them together, plus he beat the crap out of Anti man who also destroyed Avengers and Sentry( he one shotted Sentry btw),he only lost to Hyperion at the start because he "held back" when he wasnt pussy footing aournd he destroyed him fairly easily, all which Thor would struggle to do.

Bentley
It took Sentry dive bombing from space with suprise attack to only just ko him,so Thor aint knocking him out with Mjolnir.

He beat down the entire Avengers team and Ko'd the Sentry whilst fighting them together, plus he beat the crap out of Anti man who also destroyed Avengers and Sentry( he one shotted Sentry btw),he only lost to Hyperion at the start because he "held back" when he wasnt pussy footing aournd he destroyed him fairly easily, all which Thor would struggle to do.

Yeah, its not as if his powers were a perfect counter to Anti-man and there was a plot device.

Warlord
It took Sentry dive bombing from space with suprise attack to only just ko him,so Thor aint knocking him out with Mjolnir.

he beat the avengers roster in HIS book...what a surprise.
Thor would strugle to that?
like he hasn't beaten teams on his own before (not to mention more powerful ones).
as for the hyperion thing Thor could cope with ease as he has done before.

the surprising part is that two feats from BM are enough for you to give him the win against someone with Thor's career.

anyway... for me characters with fewer showings should be put against such... seems only fair to me

celeyhyga17
Recently beating the King of Hype in a brawl is pretty darned impressive. That feat definitely puts him with the big boys. He ain't taking a majority over Thor though. For now Thor takes this an easy 7/10. If we see more out of Blue Marve in the future, things may change.

the Darkone
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Recently beating the King of Hype in a brawl is pretty darned impressive. That feat definitely puts him with the big boys. He ain't taking a majority over Thor though. For now Thor takes this an easy 7/10. If we see more out of Blue Marve in the future, things may change.

Thor is too damn versatile for Blue Marvel, if Thor is not holding back this fight is pretty much over before it begins. If Thor is holding back the fight last a little longer before Thor absorb his energy, life force or bfr him to Hela realm, too many damn options.

JakeTheBank
Thor for the majority.

Bentley
Thor one-shots smile

Omega Vision
Thor

I see BM as being on the level of Gladiator rather than Superman or Thor.

Bentley
Thor

I see BM as being on the level of Wonderman rather than Superman or Thor.

Fixed 131

JakeTheBank
Hey! Simon's cool!

...kinda.

quanchi112
Thor wins.

carver9
Thor

I see BM as being on the level of Gladiator rather than Superman or Thor.

If Blue Marvel is on Gladiators level, that puts him "above" Superman.
Stop hating on Glads... he is a top tier to the highest and is one if not the only being (besides a couple of others) with planet destroying strength and has shown that he can swim in stars for "long extended" amounts of time. He is also one of the only characters that actually have a statement of traveling far above light speed (100 times the speed of light).

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9

No. By both feats and writer statements.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
No. By both feats and writer statements.

What writer statements?

iceman24567
Thor

I see BM as being on the level of Gladiator rather than Superman or Thor. This thumb up

Omega Vision
Stop hating on Glads... he is a top tier to the highest and is one if not the only being (besides a couple of others) with planet destroying strength and has shown that he can swim in stars for "long extended" amounts of time. He is also one of the only characters that actually have a statement of traveling far above light speed (100 times the speed of light).
Pfft.

100 times the speed of light would never get Superman to a lot of the places he flies to in a matter of minutes or hours. At that speed it would take 2-3 weeks just to fly to Alpha Centauri. Never mind places like Rao or Oa no expression

JakeTheBank
What writer statements?

The guy who invented Blue Marvel, Kevin Greivoux (sp) or something or another. He pointedly said he intended BM to be at that top-tier level, not above it.

And Gladiator isn't above Superman's league.

iceman24567
Yeah the Lycan from the Underworld films the big grizzly black dude

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Bentley
Thor one-shots smile Racist.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The guy who invented Blue Marvel, Kevin Greivoux (sp) or something or another. He pointedly said he intended BM to be at that top-tier level, not above it.

And Gladiator isn't above Superman's league.

I don't think Blue Marvel is above Supes, I just said what I said because someone was trying to lowball Glads. I honestly believe it would be an epic battle between Supes and BM.

quanchi112
Stop hating on Glads... he is a top tier to the highest and is one if not the only being (besides a couple of others) with planet destroying strength and has shown that he can swim in stars for "long extended" amounts of time. He is also one of the only characters that actually have a statement of traveling far above light speed (100 times the speed of light). All of these guys are in the same league, elite top tiers. Most view guys like Thor and Superman to be slightly above Gladiator and Blue Marvel mainly due to their feats and histories which are a lot richer than these two. They all make each other work for it but guys like Thor and Superman are just slightly above Blue Marvel and Gladiator where they stand today in most fans minds.

Your opinion might be that Glads is slightly more formidable than any of these guys but even you must admit they are in the same league.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
All of these guys are in the same league, elite top tiers. Most view guys like Thor and Superman to be slightly above Gladiator and Blue Marvel mainly due to their feats and histories which are a lot richer than these two. They all make each other work for it but guys like Thor and Superman are just slightly above Blue Marvel and Gladiator where they stand today in most fans minds.

Your opinion might be that Glads is slightly more formidable than any of these guys but even you must admit they are in the same league.

I agree... I never disputed this but ieven though they are in the same class, I would give some majorities over the other.

I never said that Glads was a trans because he isn't.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.