Mr. Terrific Vs Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
A: Who wins in a prep style war
B: who is OVERALL smarter?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/1480/84987-76249-mr-terrific_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/53569/1334522-1273573295_immk4_02_large.jpg

King Castle
isnt modern ironman scaled back to classic lvl and tech armor?

Omega Vision
A. Well I'm not exactly up to date on Iron Man so I don't know if he has all his resources back but assuming he does then he wins.
B. Tony is a great engineer but Michael Holt impresses me more with his general level of intelligence (reading up on Quantum Physics when his friends were watching Sesame Street, playing chess against two opponents at once and winning, having a dozen PhDs in many different fields, etc.) . Even in Iron Man's field of expertise the contest isn't one-sided. I imagine Tony would be very, very interested in studying a T-Sphere if he encountered one.

King Castle
i am thinking ironman's intelligence was also scaled back so some of his feats may not count.

Bentley
Iron-man and Terrific would be a great crossover.

Prep-Man
bump

amnesia
I'm usually more impressed with marvel geniuses.

And Tony is a god.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by amnesia
I'm usually more impressed with marvel geniuses.

And Tony is a god.

Who got whupped by a Thunder god. wink

Mindset
Originally posted by Omega Vision
A. Well I'm not exactly up to date on Iron Man so I don't know if he has all his resources back but assuming he does then he wins.
B. Tony is a great engineer but Michael Holt impresses me more with his general level of intelligence (reading up on Quantum Physics when his friends were watching Sesame Street, playing chess against two opponents at once and winning, having a dozen PhDs in many different fields, etc.) . Even in Iron Man's field of expertise the contest isn't one-sided. I imagine Tony would be very, very interested in studying a T-Sphere if he encountered one. Tony was playing Reed in multiple chess games and checkmated him in them.

He also went to MIT in his early teens and has more degrees than just engineering.

amnesia
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Who got whupped by a Thunder god. wink

Tony is a player.

Deadline
Originally posted by Mindset
Tony was playing Reed in multiple chess games and checkmated him in them.

Whatever. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Q99
Marvel science-y types tend to be better at super science, but Mr. Terrific strikes me as just a really smart guy overall and generally the smarter.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
Marvel science-y types tend to be better at super science, but Mr. Terrific strikes me as just a really smart guy overall and generally the smarter.
He's the third smartest man in DC. Though that's just his estimation.

Black bolt z
He's the third smartest man in DC. Though that's just his estimation. But when you include people like reed and doom DC doesn't have much to compare.So thats a little of a bad example.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Black bolt z
But when you include people like reed and doom DC doesn't have much to compare.So thats a little of a bad example.
Compared to Reed and Doom Iron Man is also pretty pathetic so I'm not sure what you're arguing here.

Black bolt z
Compared to Reed and Doom Iron Man is also pretty pathetic so I'm not sure what you're arguing here. I mean you said that tony is like sixth.Terrific is like 3rd.But DC doesn't have super geniuses like reed and doom.So if you add people like that to DC he would be about the same placement.

Omega Vision
I mean you said that tony is like sixth.Terrific is like 3rd.But DC doesn't have super geniuses like reed and doom.So if you add people like that to DC he would be about the same placement.
They do though. You just don't know about them.

Black bolt z
They do though. You just don't know about them. Who in DC compares to reed and doom?Non cosmics.

I know they have super geniuses but I can't think of any that are quite at reed and doom level.

Harbinger
Metron and Rip Hunter.

King Castle
Originally posted by Harbinger
Metron and Rip Hunter. pfff... one is an alien god the other a time traveler not sure of his feats but the average earth bound guys are guys like these:

Dr. William "Will" Magnus. the chief... actually the bad guys seem more intelligent then the good guys that amazo inventor Professor Ivo..

Bentley
Originally posted by Harbinger
Metron and Rip Hunter.

That kind of missed the point of the entire question.

Prep-Man
But when you include people like reed and doom DC doesn't have much to compare.So thats a little of a bad example.

DC has guys like Brainiac and TO Morrow. Guys who easily compare.

Mindset
Originally posted by Deadline
Whatever. roll eyes (sarcastic) I meant he checked him, you stupid phuck.

Mindset
Compared to Reed and Doom Iron Man is also pretty pathetic so I'm not sure what you're arguing here. No he's not.

King Castle
DC has guys like Brainiac and TO Morrow. Guys who easily compare. so are you saying with these guys in the dcu mr. miracles opinion of being the third smartest is still legit or are we measuring intelligence with the ability to retain information or the ability to construct advance machinery?

Mindset
Originally posted by Mindset
I meant he checked him, you stupid phuck. I was just kidding about this, btw.

Q99
Originally posted by King Castle
so are you saying with these guys in the dcu mr. miracles opinion of being the third smartest is still legit or are we measuring intelligence with the ability to retain information or the ability to construct advance machinery?

I'd say Terrific is still legit.

Brainiac isn't really an Earth-based one, and Terrific is much more multi-faceted than most super scientists. He's good at everything.

There's an awesome scene of Michael confronting the Sphynx that someone must scan and add to the respect thread at some point.

Prep-Man
if holt is #3 than who is #1 and 2? i say ray palmer and magnus. even the jsa and jla needed wills help on some occasions.

or the guy from challengers of the unknown.

Q99
if holt is #3 than who is #1 and 2? i say ray palmer and magnus. even the jsa and jla needed wills help on some occasions.

or the guy from challengers of the unknown.

Probably Lex and Batman or something like that.

Magnus is much much more specialized, he rates lower than, say TO Morrow, who Terrific still beats in versatility.

Ray, he's fairly well-rounded and quite up there but Michael is still in more fields (not just science, but being a doctor, detective, programmer, etc. etc.) and makes better tech so I'd still give him the nod.

Omega Vision
Mr Terrific claimed to be the "third smartest man on the planet", he didn't claim to be the third best scientist.

I don't think Batman is even in the top 5 in terms of scientists in DC but he's without a doubt in the top three in terms of overall intellect.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Q99 Probably Lex and Batman or something like that. Magnus is much much more specialized, he rates lower than, say TO Morrow, who Terrific still beats in versatility. Ray, he's fairly well-rounded and quite up there but Michael is still in more fields (not just science, but being a doctor, detective, programmer, etc. etc.) and makes better tech so I'd still give him the nod.

actually ray and will know multiple fields as well. plus the one if the only reasons to is formidable is because he sees the future. he admited that he needs wills help on several occasians.

Q99
actually ray and will know multiple fields as well. plus the one if the only reasons to is formidable is because he sees the future. he admited that he needs wills help on several occasians.

They have multiple fields, but Magnus is still mostly in robotics-type stuff and related fields (some physics and so on). Also, outside of science he is not too smart. Ray's wider than that but still just-science for the most part.

Keep in mind being an awesome doctor or detective or tactician or programmer can count as much as being an awesome scientist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.