Most overrated feat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Please keep it civil, no arguments or personal attacks.

What in your opinion is the most overused, overplayed, overwanked feat on the forum?

I'll list a few of my nominations:
Thanos blasting Galactus on his ass in Annihilation.
Sentry defeating Molecule Man with a one-off power.
Superboy Prime punching reality, especially when the context is ignored.
Superman Prime torturing Mxy.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Superboy Prime punching reality, especially when the context is ignored. these and Soul suck (overused/overwanked) from the top of my head...
Superman Prime torturing Mxy. actually that's not even a feat either if I recall

chomperx9
anything involving batkick

Parmaniac
Originally posted by chomperx9
anything involving batkick That's more a running gag than a feat used by everyone, I can't remember a single person seriously using it to say that he truly beats a skyfather with it.

Galan007
I don't think Thanos "blasted G on his ass" during Annihilation... I believe that happened in the 5th issue of Thanos' self-titled solo series. No?

Anywho, WWIII BA 'owning' all the heroes comes to mind.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Parmaniac
That's more a running gag than a feat used by everyone, I can't remember a single person seriously using it to say that he truly beats a skyfather with it. i know ive seen atleast 5. cant remember the threads off the back of my head but some people have used it as evidence to defeat bricks or above

TheTyrant
Namor-Table-Apocalypse.

dmills
I don't know if this qualifies as an overrated feat but this one is particularly annoying. Thanos "stalemating" Odin.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by dmills
I don't know if this qualifies as an overrated feat but this one is particularly annoying. Thanos "stalemating" Odin. Yeah everyone knows he's kicked Odins ass smile

Mindset
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Namor-Table-Apocalypse. That's not overrated.

Bentley
Prime has punched reality to get from one dimension to another when he was Guardian amped, his reality punching works in every situation and has nothing to do with that hypertime barrier at all cool

That said, War Hulk's stopping Juggernaut seems pretty overrated, since its the basis of remembering and considering War Hulk as something more than the nonesensical afterthough he was.

Sadly many of Apocalypse high feats -particularly "stalemating" HE- are overrated too.

Black bolt z
Please keep it civil, no arguments or personal attacks.

What in your opinion is the most overused, overplayed, overwanked feat on the forum?

I'll list a few of my nominations:
Thanos blasting Galactus on his ass in Annihilation.
Superboy Prime punching reality, especially when the context is ignored.
Superman Prime torturing Mxy. When I saw this thread I started thinking of overrated feats.Those are literally the first four I thought of without seeing them.

marwash22
Thanos blasting Galactus on his ass pause?

Colossus-Big C
all star superman lifting a quintillion tons

galactus using the UN

superman pulling earth

Scathan

protege

Cubey
Yeah everyone knows he's kicked Odins ass smile

Fail.

I think it's the insane Genis-Vell hype. OH HE BLEW UP THE UNIVERSE.

Yeah, but with the help of a freaking abstract -_-

The Nuul

psycho gundam
not really overrated, mostly inexplicable.

nobody really knows if or how it is usable in a forum fight

Harbinger
Originally posted by dmills
I don't know if this qualifies as an overrated feat but this one is particularly annoying. Thanos "stalemating" Odin. This.

RLAAMJR.
Storm's "galactic core" feat, showing Storm summoning energies from millions of stars of the entire galactic core.

Konton
Cap outracing a bullet.

-Pr-
Norrin @ the crunch.
Kyle against Imperiex.
Anything Claremont wrote for Storm.
Thanos "stalemating" Odin, like somebody said.
WWH supposedly beating all of Marvel Earth. Yay for lack of context.
WW3 Black Adam.

cdtm
Probably any really high end stuff gets overrated a little..

Superman in Imperiex Probe busting mode, and Thor tanking Celestial attacks are a few off hand.

KingD19
People overrate Thor when they say he wasn't at full strength for the Godblast that Jugg's ate like dinner.

That was a full strength blast, Juggs tanked it...get over it.

chomperx9
elektras telepathy gets overrated

Cubey
BUT BUT BUT HE OWNED GALACTUS WITH IT GUYS.

Yeah, that gets really annoying. I also hate the "Void cant lose unless he allows it" nonsense. I dont care what Bendis says, if Mandrakk attacked him, he's dying period.

Konton
Originally posted by RLAAMJR.
Storm's "galactic core" feat, showing Storm summoning energies from millions of stars of the entire galactic core.

Eh. Storm really is more powerful than KMC gives her credit for. Her powers are relatively instantaneous, she's created a complete weather barrier around the entire earth to protect it from gamma radiation, she's gotten the better of Jean more often than not, and she ripped Stardust to shreds electron by electron. I don't think it's really that far out of her league.

Mshinu
The much wanked worldbreaker Hulk`s first apperance.

Odin busting a galaxy.

tkitna
Anything WWH did

amnesia
Originally posted by Konton
Eh. Storm really is more powerful than KMC gives her credit for. Her powers are relatively instantaneous, she's created a complete weather barrier around the entire earth to protect it from gamma radiation, she's gotten the better of Jean more often than not, and she ripped Stardust to shreds electron by electron. I don't think it's really that far out of her league.

Because deadpool could kill her.

KingD19
Originally posted by tkitna
Anything Rulk did

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
all star superman lifting a quintillion tons

It was 200 Quintillion tons actually.

King Castle
anyone who takes an imp punch or flash blitz combo punch....

automatically means they have superman lvl durability forgetting the fact that flash doesnt kill and is holding back simply trying to ko them rather then kill them....... not hitting them with the force and speed needed to do the same to supes.

Bentley
Originally posted by tkitna
Anything WWH did

Funny how Hulk was voted as one of the most underrated characters among a list I made big grin

StyleTime
In the past, I would say Kyle against Imperiex.

As of now, I'd go with WWH vs Marvel Earth.

In a close second is Flash's "Infinite Mass Punch."

New Sun blowing up a planet is up there as well. Not the most overrated, but overrated nonetheless.

Oh, and all of Midnighter's speed and calculation feats. excellent

illadelph12
Hulk's "defeat" of Gladiator (and the inexplicably spontaneous knowledge of Gladiator being susceptible to radiation, and just so happening to have a nuclear reactor with that specific frequency in it nearby).

Superman turning the wheels of Mageddon.

Estacado
Most of Superman's stuff.

twizzlers713
PC superman sneeze

amnesia
Originally posted by twizzlers713
PC superman sneeze

No, that's just awesome.

Endless Mike
Lobo lifting and throwing a box with the mass of the entire universe.

Because, AFAIK, it never actually happened.

Omega Vision
Apocalypse's supposed "mind-raping" of Professor Xavier.
Black Adam smashing the Spectre's face

FOOM
All the Squirrel Girl stuff - Check out Endless Mike's signature for verifictaion

KingD19
Originally posted by FOOM
All the Squirrel Girl stuff - Check out Endless Mike's signature for verifictaion

Squirrel Girl is a joke character...all her feats are cannon, but nobody is supposed to take her seriously.

chomperx9
Originally posted by KingD19
Squirrel Girl is a joke character...all her feats are cannon, but nobody is supposed to take her seriously. why not if its cannon ?

KingD19
why not if its cannon ?

They don't take her seriously because the stuff she does is so over the top....it would make her...Living Tribunal level. There's nobody she can't beat through sheer dumb luck.

marwash22
Doom power stealing.

Black bolt z
Juggernaut pushing back war hulk.Hulk is obviously stronger.

Lord_Talron
obviously.

celeyhyga17
Black Adam pwning Billy as the Wizard.
Thanos knocking over a weak Galactus.
Kyle in CoF (bleh)
SMP reality punching.
WWH pwning Marvel earth
Sentry punking Terrax

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by celeyhyga17

Sentry punking Terrax
I prefer that over rulk killing terrax

marwash22
anything Reed or Doom have ever done with "prep".

Slaanesh
everything Batman have ever done

BattleMage
Originally posted by Konton
Cap outracing a bullet. Yes he is Captain America

thanos-prime
Kyle in CoF (bleh)
SMP reality punching.
WWH pwning Marvel earth
Sentry punking Terrax That galactus wasn't weak i believe it was stated that he was well fed.

BattleMage
Originally posted by Estacado
Most of Superman's stuff. THIS thumb up

Bouboumaster
Superman not being killed by Luthor 40 years ago and still living ever since;

Superman beating Darkseid;

Everything Flash ever done;

Joker not being killed ;

Frank Castle surviving his years killing mobs;

Everything Sentry ever done;

Everything Rulk did until Pak began to write it with Loeb;

Anyone beside Wolverine (because of his healing factor and his adamentium skull) who survive being punched by Hulk, Thor, Juggernaut, Thing, Iron Man, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc

chomperx9
Originally posted by marwash22
anything Reed or Doom have ever done with "prep". best answer this week

Mindset
Originally posted by marwash22
anything Reed or Doom have ever done with "prep". Examples?

chomperx9
Originally posted by Mindset
Examples? search any thread involving reed or doom where they have prep and 99.9 % of posters always say they win.

Colossus-Big C
alot of this just sound like feats you guys just dont like
not overatted stuff
"everthing flash has ever done" erm

Mindset
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
alot of this just sound like feats you guys just dont like
not overatted stuff
"everthing flash has ever done" erm Lol, exactly.

Mindset
search any thread involving reed or doom where they have prep and 99.9 % of posters always say they win. Ok, now how are their feats overrated?

Cubey
Didn't Doom steal Beyonder's nigh-omnipotent powers?

Not sure how you can overrate that.

Warlord
supes & cap M - lifting an "infinite page book"
Kyle - containing a "big bang" with a GL ring
wolverine - not being dead after Nitro reduced him into a skeleton

KingD19
Originally posted by Warlord
supes & cap M - lifting an "infinite page book"
Kyle - containing a "big bang" with a GL ring
wolverine - not being dead after Nitro reduced him into a skeleton

Well the Nitro thing kinda makes sense...it didn't get to his brain, cuz it's inside his skeleton...which is why he regened..I can agree on everything else.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Superman not being killed by Luthor 40 years ago and still living ever since;

ermm

Warlord
Well the Nitro thing kinda makes sense...it didn't get to his brain, cuz it's inside his skeleton...which is why he regened..I can agree on everything else.

you can get to one's brain through the eyes

KingD19
you can get to one's brain through the eyes

Not Logan's apparently.

Warlord
Not Logan's apparently.

it would be so if his anatomy was different than a normal human's and he could somehow seal his eye sockets. which isn't the case.

hence I call the feat BS

KingD19
it would be so if his anatomy was different than a normal human's and he could somehow seal his eye sockets. which isn't the case.

hence I call the feat BS

Well they did make alterations to his skeleton during the adamantium bonding process.

They could have made it so his eye sockets were...I'm too lazy to try and provide an explanation, what I'm saying is they could have done something.

Warlord
Well they did make alterations to his skeleton during the adamantium bonding process.

They could have made it so his eye sockets were...I'm too lazy to try and provide an explanation, what I'm saying is they could have done something.

well it would make no sence to...nah too lazy too.... cool

KingD19
Ah fudge it. If they went so far as to create microscopic chains from Adamantium...so he couldn't be dismembered...then they can fix his damn eye sockets....and you spelled sense wrong.

Warlord
and you spelled sense wrong.

mad
spelyng eez overeitid

KingD19
Eet shurly iz

Mindship
Thor chasing off a weakened Galactus. shifty

Omega Vision
A lot of feats involving Galactus are overrated IMO.

Gecko4lif
Ah fudge it. If they went so far as to create microscopic chains from Adamantium...so he couldn't be dismembered...then they can fix his damn eye sockets....and you spelled sense wrong.

wtf?

They did that?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Kyle in CoF (bleh)
SMP reality punching.
WWH pwning Marvel earth
Sentry punking Terrax

Ummmm Galactus wasn't weak at all. In fact he was just fine and fed.

I do think though, that this feat is a little overrated. Hate to say it, but it's true.

1. I vote for the infinite Pages book lifting feat
2. Phoenix holding a universe in her hand (this is my no.1) considering the context
3. Thor's blast of Exitar (didn't do a damn thing to him, but people make it seem like he wtf pwned him)
4. Pulling earth, Turning Wheel feat for superman
5. Surfer and Crunch
6. War stopping Jugs to prove that version was stronger than WWH (when it was made crystal clear that hulk is the strongest yet)
7. Sentry "stalemating Galactus" and beating MM
8. Wolverine stabbing Thanos
9. Drax pulling Thanos's heart out
10. Many of HPDD feats

Black bolt z
Anything involving thor lasting more then a milisecond against a cosmic being.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
8. Wolverine stabbing Thanos
9. Drax pulling Thanos's heart out
I kinda "disagree" with these 2,
Thanos was playing with Wolverine I think this should be clear for everyone.
Drax was designed to kill him it wasn't a low showing for Thanos nor a omgwtf feat for Drax everyone who believes first or latter is a moron.

Omega Vision

7. Sentry "stalemating Galactus"

Not really a feat so much as a throw away line that over-enthusiastic fanboys latched onto.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Not really a feat so much as a throw away line that over-enthusiastic fanboys latched onto.

right, but isn't that what we are doing here, listing said things fanboy's hang on to?

KuRuPT Thanosi
I kinda "disagree" with these 2,
Thanos was playing with Wolverine I think this should be clear for everyone.
Drax was designed to kill him it wasn't a low showing for Thanos nor a omgwtf feat for Drax everyone who believes first or latter is a moron.

Ooo I agree with you. The problem is, fanboy's don't look at them this way which is why I listed it.

Omega Vision
right, but isn't that what we are doing here, listing said things fanboy's hang on to?
I guess. But some people seem to miss the point, like the guys who say "Anything that X-character has ever done."

Warlord
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Anything involving thor lasting more then a milisecond against a cosmic being.
something he was doing during all his carer though...thumb up

Starscream M
thor breaking the celestial's armor

Nihilist
Worldbreaker Hulks footsteps OMGZ!!!!! he nearly destroyed teh multiverse.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Nihilist
Worldbreaker Hulks footsteps OMGZ!!!!! he nearly destroyed teh multiverse. Multiverse?

cdtm
Superman beating Dominus with T-VO was a popular one.

One board had a guy arguing he could beat Thanos with the IG because of it..

King Kandy
Originally posted by Nihilist
Worldbreaker Hulks footsteps OMGZ!!!!! he nearly destroyed teh multiverse.
Ugh, this one.

Dr. Strange vs Warlock with IG. People make it sound like he actually was going head to head with Warlock in that showing.

cdtm
Originally posted by King Kandy
Ugh, this one.

Dr. Strange vs Warlock with IG. People make it sound like he actually was going head to head with Warlock in that showing.

Considering he was temporarily matching the power gem, which could hurt high abstracts by itself, it was pretty impressive..

But yeah, it does get overplayed.

King Kandy
Originally posted by cdtm
Considering he was temporarily matching the power gem, which could hurt high abstracts by itself, it was pretty impressive..

But yeah, it does get overplayed.
The power gem never matched high abstracts, by itself.

Stall_19
I don't know if people use it on this forum but Spider-Man defeating Firelord not because it isn't impressive but in no way should Spidey be able to defeat a herald of Galactus.

h1a8
Thanos lasting a little while with PG Thor.
That feat is overrated since Thor wasn't SHOWN to be much greater in strength than his non holding back self.

King Kandy
Originally posted by h1a8
That feat is overrated since Thor wasn't SHOWN to be much greater in strength than his non holding back self.
Except for soloing the whole IW, Strange, and Warlock in like two hits?

mykke
Originally posted by h1a8
Bs that us definitely a good feat for thanos...

cdtm
The power gem never matched high abstracts, by itself.

It messed up those two Celestials when Thanos had the gauntlet.

The attack was the exact same Warlock used when he claimed he was accessing the Power Gem, and it wouldn't even make sense for the space, time, soul, or reality gems to factor into such an attack, as they each have highly specialized functions.. (Like when Thanos transmuted Thor into crystal or turned Wolverines bones to rubber, you could point to the reality gem..)

cdtm
Except for soloing the whole IW, Strange, and Warlock in like two hits?

Not to mention Drax, who thinks Savage Hulk is just playing around when he's attempting to smash him.

King Kandy
Originally posted by cdtm
It messed up those two Celestials when Thanos had the gauntlet.

The attack was the exact same Warlock used when he claimed he was accessing the Power Gem, and it wouldn't even make sense for the space, time, soul, or reality gems to factor into such an attack, as they each have highly specialized functions.. (Like when Thanos transmuted Thor into crystal or turned Wolverines bones to rubber, you could point to the reality gem..) It's a known fact that the gems always are more effective when used as a single unit than used individually. Trying to pick apart feats from a complete IG and assign them to singular gems is an exercise in futility.

cdtm
It's a known fact that the gems always are more effective when used as a single unit than used individually. Trying to pick apart feats from a complete IG and assign them to singular gems is an exercise in futility.

That only proves they become more effective as a unit, not that their abilities intermingle.

Considering Dr. Strange was using all of his artifact, talisman's, and various pacts he's made with cosmic beings, I could see him matching higher cosmic powers temperarily.. It was probably only minutes, if not seconds, and the cosmic brigade lasted longer..

And to be fair, it was a one off showing that can't possibly be replicated during normal battle conditions. He even claimed the talisman's can't work in unison without preperation.

h1a8
Except for soloing the whole IW, Strange, and Warlock in like two hits? He didn't solo all of them in two hits. What are you talking about? A non holding back Thor is easily capable of rocking everyone he faced in that comic with his hammer shots alone.

They didn't have Thor fight stronger, they had them fight more stupid and Thor more aggressive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.