Is Gladiator stronger than juggernaut?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BattleMage
Just want opinions, This is not a battle.

Mindset
Maybe.

snoopdogg
Possibly, but I think Juggy is stronger.

CosmicComet
Nah. Can't thinking of a herald leveler that would beat Juggernaut in arm wrestling.

Stoic
Didn't Wonderman stalemate Juggs in an arm wrestling competition?

Mindset
Crossover.

Stoic
Originally posted by Mindset
Crossover.

I don't get it? Wonderman and Juggs are from the same universe. I believe if I am not mistaken, Juggs and Wonderman had an arm wrestling match in the 90's in a Marvel swimsuit issue. They stalemated.

thanos-prime
I think gladiator is stronger.

BattleMage
I know they are both upper class 100. I also have this

Colossus-Big C
colossus stalemated gladiator in that same year....

BattleMage
I really like the honesty guys/gals thanks

Colossus-Big C
anways

WWH and Juggernaut are the strongest herald level guys in comics

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by BattleMage
I really like the honesty guys/gals thanks colossus stalemated gladiator in the 80s , the scans have been posted many times

Mindset
Originally posted by Stoic
I don't get it? Wonderman and Juggs are from the same universe. I believe if I am not mistaken, Juggs and Wonderman had an arm wrestling match in the 90's in a Marvel swimsuit issue. They stalemated. Oh, thought that said WW.

Bentley
Juggernaut is potentially stronger than Gladiator, but in showings he's weaker, just like Iceman is potentially more powerful than Magneto.

My way of saying Juggs is a worthless weakling who hides behind a forcefield.

Colossus-Big C
juggernaut would dismantle gladiator in a fight

thanos-prime
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
juggernaut would dismantle gladiator in a fight juggs would never touch him if he didn't want to be touched.

carver9
Gladiator is stronger since he doesnt have an upper limit to his strength. The more confident he is, the stronger, more powerful he is BUT, Juggernaut also have that same ability, the more cytorrak provides him juice from the crystal, the stronger juggernaut gets and Cytorrak IS the embodiment of strength.

Colossus-Big C
i hate when people say that

why do people like superman or captain marvel or SS or Many other fast people get tagged by people with out speed?

Black bolt z
By showings gladiator should beat him in say an arm wrestle.

thanos-prime

why do people like superman or captain marvel or SS or Many other fast people get tagged by people with out speed? I didn't say he couldn't get hit i said if he didn't want to he wouldn't have to and after slugging it out with juggs i think he would figure he would need to use his speed.

Colossus-Big C
k

KingD19
The way I see it...Glads looks stronger because they put him up against more stuff.

carver9

why do people like superman or captain marvel or SS or Many other fast people get tagged by people with out speed?

I hate it also and I'm not one of the people that say this. Basically, saying that is ignoring the characters history and that is ridiculous. No matter how much I like Gladiator, Juggernaut is hitting him and more than once also. It is fans that say things like that.

carver9
Originally posted by thanos-prime
I didn't say he couldn't get hit i said if he didn't want to he wouldn't have to and after slugging it out with juggs i think he would figure he would need to use his speed.

He slugged it out with Hulk and Hulk was actually hurting him and he still didnt use his speed. Same goes for all the other people that you say are unhittable.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by BattleMage
Just want opinions, This is not a battle. i see nobody posted this:

nYRi7jygVnQ

KingD19
Yet he's never done that in the comics, and never will.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by KingD19
Yet he's never done that in the comics, and never will. its not anywhere near impossible, as long as juggy isnt moving forward he can pick him up and do whatever the hell he wants to him. only requirement is that hes strong enough to pick him up and he is.

KingD19
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
its not anywhere near impossible, as long as juggy isnt moving forward he can pick him up and do whatever the hell he wants to him. only requirement is that hes strong enough to pick him up and he is.

He's not gonna outright no sell Juggs punch..and then just toss him like a ragdoll.

Whose ever done that? Onslaught, that's it.

-Pr-
Gladiator for me.

Lord_Talron
He's not gonna outright no sell Juggs punch..and then just toss him like a ragdoll.

Whose ever done that? Onslaught, that's it. oh, i see what you mean. the punch. yea i agree then smile

psycho gundam
Yet he's never done that in the comics, and never will. i know no expression

iirc colossus did it in the comics

h1a8

Lack of creativity of the writers and the needing to make a good story.
In short, they get tagged for the sake of the story.

h1a8
At full confidence, Glads is stronger (by feats).

amnesia
Yet he's never done that in the comics, and never will.
meh, I'm pretty sure he can one shot the X-men.

ankur29
Originally posted by carver9
Gladiator is stronger since he doesnt have an upper limit to his strength. The more confident he is, the stronger, more powerful he is BUT, Juggernaut also have that same ability, the more cytorrak provides him juice from the crystal, the stronger juggernaut gets and Cytorrak IS the embodiment of strength.

thumb up

Mindset
Originally posted by carver9
Gladiator is stronger since he doesnt have an upper limit to his strength. The more confident he is, the stronger, more powerful he is BUT, Juggernaut also have that same ability, the more cytorrak provides him juice from the crystal, the stronger juggernaut gets and Cytorrak IS the embodiment of strength. So...how is Gladiator stronger again?

amnesia
^ it's not like emotions have a limit...Oh wait

the ninjak
Juggs would create alot of doubt in Gladiator.

Resulting in less of a chance at gaining a win.

Naija boy
gladiators stroner.

KingD19
Originally posted by amnesia
meh, I'm pretty sure he can one shot the X-men.

I agree with you...if Cain went all out, he'd wreck the X-Men too...well he already does that, but I mean if he really wanted them gone...they would die.

Classic Cain....Current Cain sucks monkey balls.

Colossus-Big C
gladiator never 1 shotted the xmen.
scans please

Lord_Talron
no one said he did

WhiteWitchKing
He could if he wanted too.

Colossus-Big C
no

KingD19
no

I'm pretty sure Current Gladiator could take the X-Men...what he did against those things from the Fault was pretty impressive.

ankur29
i wonder whether glad could break colossus like the nimrods did?

i bet skaar could

Colossus-Big C
gladiator already fought colossus to a stalemate

ankur29

i know , that sounds riducouls though

gladiator probably wasn't feeling very confident

amnesia
Heat vision>>>Colossus

Colossus-Big C
gladiators partners got wrecked by colossus too

KingD19
Originally posted by ankur29
i wonder whether glad could break colossus like the nimrods did?

i bet skaar could

Keep in mind multiple Nimrods had to augment their strength so they could hold him, and then the last one had to augment it's strength so it could break his arm....I doubt a single person could do that in the same way.

Originally posted by ankur29
i know , that sounds riducouls though

gladiator probably wasn't feeling very confident

And while it sounds ridiculous, it happened...and Gladiator was pretty confident, look at the fight.

Colossus is one of the most durable guys out there, period.

Colossus-Big C
yea i think it was colossus durability holding up more than anything

Stoic
Keep in mind multiple Nimrods had to augment their strength so they could hold him, and then the last one had to augment it's strength so it could break his arm....I doubt a single person could do that in the same way.

And while it sounds ridiculous, it happened...and Gladiator was pretty confident, look at the fight.

Colossus is one of the most durable guys out there, period.

Hey! WWHULK would have torn Petey's arms off if he wanted to.

smile

Colossus-Big C
wwh just bent them though and he even gave colossus props
the nimrods did a much worst job
nimrods>Hulk eh

WhiteWitchKing
no

Says you. Most of the X-Men's heads would explode if Gladiator was intent on killing them.

Yes, back in the days when Gladiator first appeared and did not apply any of his speed. Gladiator would knock that joke into space if he wanted to. Colossus is a poor man's Juggernaut.

AsbestosFlaygon
Depends on which version, and how confident he is.

Marvel Zombie Gladiator can outright beat Juggs, imo.

A very confident Gladiator is almost impossible to beat, unless the combatant is on par or stronger than Silver Surfer.

KingD19
Juggs has never shown an upper strength limit. He seems to draw as much strength as he needs from Cytorrak.

psycho gundam
colossus is stronger than juggernaut now

KingD19
Originally posted by psycho gundam

Tis true....Juggs is worse now than when he was Huggernaut I believe.

Warlord
Originally posted by psycho gundam

Thunderbolts huh?

sad...

Omega Vision
I'd say Gladiator is stronger.

D_Dude1210

You talking about Dark Phoenix saga or was there another time they fought?

Colossus-Big C
dark pheonix sagga
the fight ended with a bulding falling on them and gladiator got out
but during the fight the artist said they was hitting each other as HARD as they can and neither could hurt the other

D_Dude1210
dark pheonix sagga
the fight ended with a bulding falling on them and gladiator got out
but during the fight the artist said they was hitting each other as HARD as they can and neither could hurt the other

I have the issue, and prolly read it more than any other comic I've had in my collection. That was NOT a stalemate.

They exchanged blows, a building fell on top of them and Gladiator came out unscathed and Colossus was KOd.

Doesn't look like a stalemate to me at all.

First few punches Gladiator did to Colossus tossed im around like a ragdoll and did seem to pretty much hurt him. Granted he took Colossus by surprise there. Colossus countered by smacking him with a pillar which didn't even budge Glads and only made him smile.

It's when they decided to go at each other is when it seemed like their punches were unable to hurt each other. Building still fell, Colossus still got KOd. Not a stalemate.

At best, it simply proves that Colossus could take a few punches from Glads.

Colossus-Big C
the artist still said neither can hurt each other

D_Dude1210
the artist still said neither can hurt each other

For the short moment they were hitting each other, yes. But it's not a stalemate as there was a definite winner.

BattleMage
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
For the short moment they were hitting each other, yes. But it's not a stalemate as there was a definite winner.

Colossus-Big C
well it doesnt matter
colossus has took hits from juggernaut alot of different times
and juggs is stronger than gladiator
leaderslair.com/mutiescum/uncannyx-men102.jpg

that fight ended the same way as the gladiator fight
they trade blows then a building falls on them and KOs colossus

collapsing building>>juggernaut and gladiators punches

D_Dude1210
It seems buildings are Colossus' Kryptonite! :P

KingD19
I consider it a stalemate; why?

Gladiator couldn't take him down. Yeah he went down, but not because of Kallark....the building took him down.

That's like two guys brawling in the street, and a car hits one of em....yeah that guy lost, but not because of the other person...so it doesn't count as a win for them.

WhiteWitchKing
I consider it a stalemate; why?

Gladiator couldn't take him down. Yeah he went down, but not because of Kallark....the building took him down.

That's like two guys brawling in the street, and a car hits one of em....yeah that guy lost, but not because of the other person...so it doesn't count as a win for them.

Lol. Next time Gladiator should just smash the FF Tower on Colossus.

Stalemate? laughing

KingD19
So you honestly see it as Gladiator winning??? When Colossus was tanking every shot Gladiator threw at him?? Only to be taken down by a building?

Like I said....Two guys fighting, the other gets taken down by an outside circumstance....the other guy didn't win the fight.... he had help.

WhiteWitchKing
So you honestly see it as Gladiator winning??? When Colossus was tanking every shot Gladiator threw at him?? Only to be taken down by a building?

Like I said....Two guys fighting, the other gets taken down by an outside circumstance....the other guy didn't win the fight.... he had help.

Help? More like Colossus couldn't survive a building fallen on him while the other guy just dragged him out of the rubble without trouble. Getting taken out by a building speaks poorly of his durability. Gladiator had no trouble under the same falling building. This is exactly like the portrayal of Rogue taking Colossus' place in the animated series. Rogue managed to knock Gladiator around and take some of his punches but Gladiator was always the superior. Same instance here, Gladiator is far superior than Colossus.

janus77
Gladiator's busted planets, hasn't he?

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by janus77
Gladiator's busted planets, hasn't he?

He smashed one in three punches. Push asteroids out away from space lanes. He embarrassed Wonderman in their match up. Punch Thing through several cars.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Help? More like Colossus couldn't survive a building fallen on him while the other guy just dragged him out of the rubble without trouble. Getting taken out by a building speaks poorly of his durability. Gladiator had no trouble under the same falling building. This is exactly like the portrayal of Rogue taking Colossus' place in the animated series. Rogue managed to knock Gladiator around and take some of his punches but Gladiator was always the superior. Same instance here, Gladiator is far superior than Colossus. if you post the scan of when gladiator came from under the rubble, he had a scar/blood spot on his left chest

so i guess your saying a building packs more punch than gladiator than? that was PIS

WhiteWitchKing
if you post the scan of when gladiator came from under the rubble, he had a scar/blood spot on his left chest

so i guess your saying a building packs more punch than gladiator than? that was PIS

Lol. PIS is when Colossus managed to trade punches with Gladiator. The building was a way for the writer to say hey i know i'm portraying things as if Colossus has a chance against Gladiator but the superior one is the one standing after the dust clears.

Colossus is a chump compared to Gladiator. He's just lucky that the writer gave him a chance against the Imperial Praetor so he can add this "feat" to his mid tier resume and look "cool" to his fans.

D_Dude1210
Lol. PIS is when Colossus managed to trade punches with Gladiator. The building was a way for the writer to say hey i know i'm portraying things as if Colossus has a chance against Gladiator but the superior one is the one standing after the dust clears.

Colossus is a chump compared to Gladiator. He's just lucky that the writer gave him a chance against the Imperial Praetor so he can add this "feat" to his mid tier resume and look "cool" to his fans.

Agreed!

r0nm0n88
jugg>glad>>>>>>>>colossus
in terms of strength of course

Colossus-Big C

Colossus is a chump compared to Gladiator. He's just lucky that the writer gave him a chance against the Imperial Praetor so he can add this "feat" to his mid tier resume and look "cool" to his fans. so the colossus vs king hyperion fight or the colossus vs hercules fight and the colossus vs champion and the colossus vs S'ym fight was also the same writer right? roll eyes (sarcastic) all these guys are as strong as gladiator. neither hurt him they only KO him after a while
no to mention colossus beat the shit out of ordo who is a champion fighter in his galaxy

-Pr-
so the colossus vs king hyperion fight or the colossus vs hercules fight and the colossus vs champion and the colossus vs S'ym fight was also the same writer right? roll eyes (sarcastic) all these guys are as strong as gladiator

Colossus isn't on Gladiator's level when comparing pure strength.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by -Pr-
Colossus isn't on Gladiator's level when comparing pure strength. never said he was, i just said his durability can hold up to alot his punches with no damage, just like every gladiator level guy who fights colossus

-Pr-
never said he was, i just said his durability can hold up to alot his punches with no damage, just like every gladiator level guy who fights colossus

it's not "no damage". colossus is eventually worn out. and no, anyone on gladiator's level could and should put him down in a few punches.

Colossus-Big C
it's not "no damage". colossus is eventually worn out. and no, . worn out? scans please

anyone on gladiator's level could and should put him down in a few punches but none of them ever has though, i just listed them

-Pr-
worn out? scans please

but none of them ever has though, i just listed them

gladiator and juggernaut.

he's been put down by much less in the past, far too many for it to be low showings. he's class 100, high class 100 at best.

he's nothing more.

Colossus-Big C
gladiator and juggernaut.

he's been put down by much less in the past, far too many for it to be low showings. he's class 100, high class 100 at best.

he's nothing more. hercules is near gladiator strength, he didnt put him down in a few punches
sym who is in gladiators strength class got knocked out by colossus.
king hyperion almost got knocked out by colossus
juggernaut has been knocked on his ass by colossus before..
colossus tanked a blast from thanos
champion who is stronger than gladiator didnt knock colossus after a boxing match

theres more high end showings than low

-Pr-
hercules is near gladiator strength, he didnt put him down in a few punches
sym who is in gladiators strength class got knocked out by colossus.
king hyperion almost got knocked out by colossus
juggernaut has been knocked on his ass by colossus before..
colossus tanked a blast from thanos
he also knocked darkseid out in a cross over lol

exiles doesn't count.
he'd never tank a full on blast from thanos.
juggernaut can get knocked down by cl100s.
hercules? his strength changes more than his underpants.

Colossus-Big C
exiles doesn't count.
he'd never tank a full on blast from thanos.
juggernaut can get knocked down by cl100s.
hercules? his strength changes more than his underpants. juggernaut was running to colossus..

what about the others

heres sym getting wrecked (sym is class 100+++) he also has broken adamntium
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/50320/965596-colossusandsym_super.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/50320/965597-colossusandsym2_super.jpg

-Pr-
juggernaut was running to colossus..

what about the others

are you talking about when colossus threw him in to water?

Colossus-Big C
are you talking about when colossus threw him in to water? which one? i posted a scan

-Pr-

what about the others

read the second scan again.

The Nuul
"a techno organic being" and "trans mode virus"

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by The Nuul
"a techno organic being" and "trans mode virus"

"that isn't even Peter. Isn't even alive."

Dum Dum Dugan

what about the others

that was techincally an alternate universes and took places an separate realm from earth not sure how much weight that holds.........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.