Sooooooooo. Darth Maul has a brother

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



TheMagicPillow
I don't think i'm allowed to post links but on IGN they posted an article about season 3 of the clone wars, and it introduces Darth Maul's brother. An apparently far more imposing figure.

And George Lucas is going to be in it, as the blue guy he played in the cameo in Revenge of the Sith. Don't know if he's voicing it though.

Go to IGN.com and at the moment it's on the front page.
If im given permission to post links then ill post it
smile

-Pr-
http://ie.tv.ign.com/articles/111/1112465p1.html

should probably be in the clone wars thread, though.

queeq
OMG!!!! They're running out of ideas.

And yes, it should be in CW thread. But all CW talk in supposed to be in this forum. So it's fine.

TheMagicPillow
If it is supposed to be i apologize.

Actually i think its kind of cool, though we don't know if he's force sensitive or not. Well see if they do a good job or not.

Ordo
I think its kind of BS, like the rest of this series. However, it'll be fun to see all the Maul fanboys turn against this series too.

The more I listen to Filoni talk, the more I see him as a puppet. He was talking at C5 about how he wanted the show to be about a Twi-lek Jedi who was fighting space pirates, but then Lucas came in and made it all about Anakin. Only FIVE episodes last season out of 22 did not have Anakin, and thats not even looking at Obi-Wan either.

First season they destroyed Alpha, Second season the Mandalorians, now they're moving on to Darth Maul and the Republic Commandos....not even mentioning they're delving into the whole "chosen one" story...so THAT will be ****ed up. Asajj is now from Dathomir and not Rattatak? So was Maul and his "brother" who is also just a useless tool?

I want to vomit. I almost feel like I'm being mocked as a fan.

Ordo
Great. He's yellow. Because, ya know, every all red family has a yellow brother.

And his name is "Savage Opress"...they might have well just called him "Stereotypical Villian" or "Eats Babies"

I'm so glad this series is here. It has made the end of star wars so much more tolerable....its making me actively hate it.

S_D_J
I think this whole thing is amusing big grin... and depressing erm


I going to continue watching... probably...

I still haven't seen the whole lot of season 2... last episode I saw was Senate Murders... confused

ares834
Really though its better than what the EU does by cloning Maul, having holograms of him, illusion of him etc....

Dark Exile
Originally posted by TheMagicPillow
Actually i think its kind of cool, though we don't know if he's force sensitive or not. Well see if they do a good job or not.
I agree, I want to see what they will do with him. I only wish there were more "good guys" introduced though...

queeq
Sw is being drained... it's turning into its own parody... OMG.

S_D_J
even though they're messing with a lot of EU history, and some other crap, I can't help but to feel excited about the new season

it looks simply epic... the last trailer I mean

http://tv.ign.com/dor/objects/71159/star-wars-the-clone-wars-season-3/videos/cwseason3_trl_cvtrailer_81710.html

erm

queeq
THe animation is again impeccable... but I do see the same worlds the same characters or the same TYPE of characters, same type of shots passing by. Despite it's great look it says one thing: more of the same.

Ordo
First 2 episodes are confirmed to be Kamino. Way to lure me in.

Also been confirmed that ARC troopers are in the 2nd episode...thus another piece of this saga is going to be destroyed.

I mean, seriously, how can Lucas even claim these things when he didn't even create them? He never mentioned ARCs once, but now they are his to re-define? destroy?

queeq
He is a master of evil.

Ordo
Yeah.

On top of that, my credit card was stolen. I canceled it but starwarsshop.com wouldn't change the credit card on my order because i "didn't make it with an account."

What bull. I just told them to cancel it. smile

queeq
And? Did they listen.

Ordo
as far as I can tell no.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Ordo
First 2 episodes are confirmed to be Kamino. Way to lure me in.

Also been confirmed that ARC troopers are in the 2nd episode...thus another piece of this saga is going to be destroyed.

I mean, seriously, how can Lucas even claim these things when he didn't even create them? He never mentioned ARCs once, but now they are his to re-define? destroy?

are you serious?

I was under the impression EVERYTHING Star Wars belongs to Lucas

I was clearly wrong roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ordo
Actually, I'd just say he has an paranoid legal department and a complete lack of respect for the other artists that were necessary for him to create his little empire.

Lucas hires an artist. They do something original that his saggy old arse couldn't come up with in a long long time. It becomes popular. Then Lucas is like "Hey! i paid you to make that toy. Now I will take it and play!" Lucas then proceeds to take original content that he did nothing with but finance and destroy whatever value...

...because thats "his vision" for what some other artist did for fans.

Vera21
Or Star Wars belongs to him...

queeq
Which it does.

Ordo
Yup. Filoni is now moving on the clones, trying to prove that Ephialtes would be accepted by the loving Kaminoans and the clones.

Kark I dunno why I even try and like this series, but I'm sure all of you Lucas-mynocks will love it!

S_D_J
I love IT stick out tongue



big grin



in all seriousness, the second season was quite good, and overall improvement after the 1st season. It's also a bit more dark and mature.
I haven't had much trouble with their handlings of EU property, because I'm not an avid fan of such material, what little I know has worked for me.

And to be honest, it's just EU, it will always get overwritten. I mostly never take it seriously no expression


The Darth Maul brother thing threatens my view of the show though erm

queeq
Something finally does then.

mindbomb
I dont know that much about maul but wasnt he taken from his family at a very young age how would his brother even know who he was

queeq
EU

Ordo
Originally posted by queeq
EU
...is the vast majority and profitability of Star Wars.

queeq
Agreed but not in here.

Ordo
Perhaps the rules should be updated for the times?

queeq
Why?

Ordo
I'd say because Star Wars "canon" as this forum defines it is now finite and hasn't been updated in 5 years. Everything form this point on is "EU." Sure, there is no reason to give credence to random one off facts, but that is a discussion we can have in real time and I think its easy to respect that.

Characters in this series, be they ARC troopers, Quinlan Vos, or Delta squad, even Asajj...their entire character and history is developed in the EU. Its all crossover now, and thus relevant for discussion.

Thats my 2c.

queeq
FAir enough, however, this forum is there for the tv series universe. That doesn't mean you can start bringing in EU books and stuff. As you yourself pointed out there are inconsistencies between the EU sources and the tv series - for instance the ARC troopers. To avoid weird fights and the need for enourmous EU sources, I think it's quite sane to stick to the canon rules. OT-PT: films, novelisations of the films, comicbooks of the films and radio dramas. Tv-series: tv series. EU: books and everything else.

There's a forum for everything so there ya go.

Shey Tapani
So i cant start a thread like:

What EU elements should make it into this show?

queeq
Yes you can....

















IN THE EU FORUM!!!!!!!! mad

Jovan
Originally posted by mindbomb
I dont know that much about maul but wasnt he taken from his family at a very young age how would his brother even know who he was
My guess would be that his brother can remember Maul... Sidious looks more like a "take it as it comes"-kinda guy. He picked Dooku after all... an old (wealthy) ex-Jedi so he's certainly not a child-grabber like the Jedi. Thus it can stand to reason that Maul (again, without EU sources) was chosen when he was 3, 13, 23, 33 or whatever number is suitable.

On a more personal note: the brother of Maul shows how low a series can go.

queeq
It does indeed. Maybe Anakin has a cousin somewhere as well...

dadudemon
I just don't get the TV Show hate, at all. I think it's far better than 75% of the EU material out there. I really don't care if the EU is written over because of stuff in the show.

IMO, the show is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> EU.


And, as far as canon goes, I think it should be

OT, PT, and Clone Wars CGI = G-Level Canon.


That's my 2 cents.



Also, I'm one of the types that thinks the PT >> OT. So, obviously...I'm the only one on all of KMC that probably likes the TV series...a whole bunch.


Maul's brother? Awesome idea. I love it. I can't wait to see him in action. Of course, we know he dies before the Clones Wars TV show ends.

Please, tell me more, guys, the things you hate about the show. I'll probably like those same things you hate. erm


It's like...I'm really the only Star Wars fanboy around. laughing (the type that thinks George can rarely do anything wrong)

queeq
Yes indeed.... You're the ony Star Wars fanboy around. And we'll ignore you from now on. wink

dadudemon
Originally posted by queeq
Yes indeed.... You're the ony Star Wars fanboy around. And we'll ignore you from now on. wink

I don't even hate Jarjar Binks or Ewoks. I enjoyed Binks character and Ewoks looks like they are tasty and cuddly at the same time. no expression


But, yes, I get flack for it all the time.

Ordo
I think the PT is greater than the OT, but there is no way I like Jar Jar or Ewoks and there is no way I consider this show a positive development for the franchise. Its easily 50% pain for 25% mediocrity and 25% payout.

queeq
Originally posted by dadudemon
I don't even hate Jarjar Binks or Ewoks. I enjoyed Binks character and Ewoks looks like they are tasty and cuddly at the same time. no expression


But, yes, I get flack for it all the time.

How does your analist feel you are doing these days? wink

Ordo
I don't think anyone wants to have to see an "analist."

queeq
Dunno, might do some people some good. wink

Jovan
Originally posted by queeq
It does indeed. Maybe Anakin has a cousin somewhere as well...
Shmi always looked like a **** to me. eek!

queeq
A what?

Jovan
it got censored apperently... which 4 letter word would mean that she's doing it all galaxy around?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Ordo
I think the PT is greater than the OT, but there is no way I like Jar Jar or Ewoks and there is no way I consider this show a positive development for the franchise. Its easily 50% pain for 25% mediocrity and 25% payout.


lol!


Hey, you've met me a third of the way there. Much better than I can hope for from KMC Star Wars fans. It seems like the PT is all but universally touted as inferior to the OT, here.

And, the TV Series is really that painful for you, man? I think it's mostly pretty good.


Originally posted by queeq
How does your analist feel you are doing these days? wink

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but what you mean there is that I have my head up my butt, right? I hope I got your joke......soooo bad. pained (yes, dead serious...I don't want to be wrong about my assumption!)

queeq
Just assume you are always wrong.... wink

Ordo
Originally posted by dadudemon
lol!


Hey, you've met me a third of the way there. Much better than I can hope for from KMC Star Wars fans. It seems like the PT is all but universally touted as inferior to the OT, here.

And, the TV Series is really that painful for you, man? I think it's mostly pretty good.

Attack of the Clone is my favorite SW film. smile I always choose to watch the PT over the OT. Though I saw the OT as a kid, I didnt really love it until the prequels.

And yeah, this TV series is VERY painful. Clone Wars EU is the only EU I have ever read or liked. Its so coherent and organized becaus of the whole Clone Wars Mulitmedia Project. So, this show was something I was dying for, and this is the final product. First and foremost are all the canon issues both in and out of the show. I HATE seeing EU characters that I like destroyed because of Lucas' private fetishes. If he was so goddamn brilliant and these characters were really his, he would have invented them the first time and not stolen them from real artists. Anakins' buddy Alpha is gone, Quinlan Vos is now a cocky hippie, Darth Maul has a different color brother and was raised by witches, Ventress is entirely useless, ARC troopers are promoted and not bred, and then there is the CARDINAL sin of this show, the Mandalorians.

But, you can still make a good show right?

You could, but they didn't. After being promised no more Skywalker rehash, Skywalker is in the vast majority of episodes, over 80% for sure, and Kenobi is in way too many as well. After 50 episodes, the Separatists haven't won ONCE, not one, even small gain. The episodic nature is really killing it, because there is no coherence to the show or the style and there is no bridging story, just their seasonal "themes" that manifest themselves in 3 episodes per season. This is complicated by the complete lack of a timeline. Week to week I have no idea what is going on. Why is Ziro in prison? Didn't this character already die? What the hell is going on now? Why is Ahsoka way maturer now than the episode that was chronologically just before, but then immature in the episode that was last season but chronologically takes place after this one? Why the hell did they know the seperatists were on mustufar but never thought to check there in episode 3? There is almost no character development: Anakin and Kenobi are stable, every other Jedi or character just plays a specific role. The plots are damn near formulaic by now, not to mention the plethora of 2-bit supporting characters.

So yeah, its not a good show that actively seems to seek out and destroy the parts of Star Wars I like most.

queeq
Maybe you should tell the fanboys on TFN about your views on the show... wink

Ordo
I stopped listening to them after they started making fun of people who didn't like the show during their circle jerk "review" episodes. I used to listen to the Force Cast all the time.

They are as about intelligent as mynocks.
1. See Star Wars
2. Suck on it.

queeq
Lollypop

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Jovan
Shmi always looked like a **** to me. eek!

Is it any wonder then that she had no idea who Anakin's dad was wink

queeq
AHA! Mystery solved.

Jovan
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Is it any wonder then that she had no idea who Anakin's dad was wink
It would have taken ages to get her to go through the list. embarrasment

queeq
The entire Outer Rim and then some.

S_D_J
Originally posted by dadudemon
I just don't get the TV Show hate, at all. I think it's far better than 75% of the EU material out there. I really don't care if the EU is written over because of stuff in the show.

IMO, the show is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> EU.


And, as far as canon goes, I think it should be

OT, PT, and Clone Wars CGI = G-Level Canon.


That's my 2 cents.



Also, I'm one of the types that thinks the PT >> OT. So, obviously...I'm the only one on all of KMC that probably likes the TV series...a whole bunch.


Maul's brother? Awesome idea. I love it. I can't wait to see him in action. Of course, we know he dies before the Clones Wars TV show ends.

Please, tell me more, guys, the things you hate about the show. I'll probably like those same things you hate. erm


It's like...I'm really the only Star Wars fanboy around. laughing (the type that thinks George can rarely do anything wrong)

You're not the only one wink

I, for the most part, really enjoy the show. There were a few season 1 episodes I really hated. I stopped watching for a while because of them, but I still like the show a whole bunch.

I really don't care about the EU. I find it inconsistent, some times incoherent and for the most part badly written :/, not to mention parts of it get overwritten/overlooked ... the ones I thoroughly enjoy are the Infinities Stories big grin

I don't think PT>>OT, not in the slightest, But I don't consider the PT to be inferior, just different

I don't hate Jar Jar... all that much. I just go along with the hating cuz it's fun! big grin. though in a few CW episodes he's been quite annoying... I love Ewoks! ROTJ is my favorite movie! (though ESB is the best one)

I don't think Lucas can do no wrong, I hated the Hayden/Sebastian switch he pulled, I think in a way it ruins the ending, and his reason for doing so is implausible and laughable. Other than that I don't really mind most of his decisions :/

right now I'm not liking the tampering of Maul's past much we'll see if it works, and his brother, wtf?... I'm doubtful about that...

Originally posted by Ordo
Attack of the Clone is my favorite SW film. smile I always choose to watch the PT over the OT. Though I saw the OT as a kid, I didnt really love it until the prequels.

And yeah, this TV series is VERY painful. Clone Wars EU is the only EU I have ever read or liked. Its so coherent and organized becaus of the whole Clone Wars Mulitmedia Project. So, this show was something I was dying for, and this is the final product. First and foremost are all the canon issues both in and out of the show. I HATE seeing EU characters that I like destroyed because of Lucas' private fetishes. If he was so goddamn brilliant and these characters were really his, he would have invented them the first time and not stolen them from real artists. Anakins' buddy Alpha is gone, Quinlan Vos is now a cocky hippie, Darth Maul has a different color brother and was raised by witches, Ventress is entirely useless, ARC troopers are promoted and not bred, and then there is the CARDINAL sin of this show, the Mandalorians.

But, you can still make a good show right?

You could, but they didn't. After being promised no more Skywalker rehash, Skywalker is in the vast majority of episodes, over 80% for sure, and Kenobi is in way too many as well. After 50 episodes, the Separatists haven't won ONCE, not one, even small gain. The episodic nature is really killing it, because there is no coherence to the show or the style and there is no bridging story, just their seasonal "themes" that manifest themselves in 3 episodes per season. This is complicated by the complete lack of a timeline. Week to week I have no idea what is going on. Why is Ziro in prison? Didn't this character already die? What the hell is going on now? Why is Ahsoka way maturer now than the episode that was chronologically just before, but then immature in the episode that was last season but chronologically takes place after this one? Why the hell did they know the seperatists were on mustufar but never thought to check there in episode 3? There is almost no character development: Anakin and Kenobi are stable, every other Jedi or character just plays a specific role. The plots are damn near formulaic by now, not to mention the plethora of 2-bit supporting characters.

So yeah, its not a good show that actively seems to seek out and destroy the parts of Star Wars I like most.

I hated ATOC the first time, I thought the Ani/Padme love story ruined it. It was rushed, under-develop and not believable. Actually the padme's house deleted scenes should not have been cut, it gave the story a little more depth.
the rest of the movie was rushed, the redeeming parts were the fights scenes (YODA!) and the clones. It's grown on me, now I like it. but it took its time.

About the EU, even if someone else created them, they're still Lucas characters, he approves and oversees their production, but he has no hand on their development for the most part, but they are his, and he can do with them what he wants whenever he wishes it, which doesn't happen often. If you want to blame someone, blame the writers or even Filoni as well, it's not all Lucas fault.


the out-of-order airing is quite irritating though no expression

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by TheMagicPillow
I don't think i'm allowed to post links but on IGN they posted an article about season 3 of the clone wars, and it introduces Darth Maul's brother. An apparently far more imposing figure.

And George Lucas is going to be in it, as the blue guy he played in the cameo in Revenge of the Sith. Don't know if he's voicing it though.

Go to IGN.com and at the moment it's on the front page.
If im given permission to post links then ill post it
smile Perfect example of why I refuse to watch the series.

queeq
Hehehe

dadudemon
Originally posted by S_D_J
You're not the only one wink

I, for the most part, really enjoy the show. There were a few season 1 episodes I really hated. I stopped watching for a while because of them, but I still like the show a whole bunch.

I really don't care about the EU. I find it inconsistent, some times incoherent and for the most part badly written :/, not to mention parts of it get overwritten/overlooked ... the ones I thoroughly enjoy are the Infinities Stories big grin

I don't think PT>>OT, not in the slightest, But I don't consider the PT to be inferior, just different

I don't hate Jar Jar... all that much. I just go along with the hating cuz it's fun! big grin. though in a few CW episodes he's been quite annoying... I love Ewoks! ROTJ is my favorite movie! (though ESB is the best one)

I don't think Lucas can do no wrong, I hated the Hayden/Sebastian switch he pulled, I think in a way it ruins the ending, and his reason for doing so is implausible and laughable. Other than that I don't really mind most of his decisions :/

right now I'm not liking the tampering of Maul's past much we'll see if it works, and his brother, wtf?... I'm doubtful about that...

I'll respond to your post, paragraph by paragraph. I'll mark sections where I don't have a comment with three dots "..."





Well, good. The effects, story, acting, etc. were all better in the PT than the OT.

...

Indeed. That's why I said I thought the show was better than 75% of the EU. There's still some EU stuff out there that is really beautifully written, though.

I do like the OT, like... A LOT. I just think the PT is better.

Yeah, I talked about that. There are those out that that hate because it is popular to hate. For example: Twlight. People say they hate mostly beause it is popular to hate. Others, like myself, do not hate it but have some legit problems with it (I think the prose is atrocious and the dialogue is very clunky and annoying at times...but the stories and backgrounds are quite entertaining and I really enjoyed that aspect of the Twlight universe.) Jar-Jar is just unfortunate in that it is popular to hate even though he's not really that annoying (most of the time.) I wish people would quit with the group think and be more like you and admit that they are doing it for laughs but don't really hate. And, yeah, of the OT, Return of the Jedi is my favorite as well.

I also think that Geoge Lucas can do wrong...it's just rare that he does do wrong (I said that already. lulz). He has made mistakes with Star Wars (intentional ones, not prop placement errors, continuity errors and the such..I'm talking about conscious decisions that ended up being bad choices.) And, yes, good point on the Hayden replacement thing. I thought that was very disrespectful and he never should have done that.

Yeah, I hope that Maul's brother pans out and creates some fun.

Mist_haermm
Quinlan Vos is finally making an appearance touched


ppVTX-MB8CU

And in 10 seconds they manage to
a) write off his hatred for clones
b) ruin his undercover mission
c) ignore his dark side influences.

And yet I dont care, cause its ****ing Quinlan Vos w00t

queeq
But those characteristics are EU anyway... so who cares?

Mist_haermm
Those characteristics defined him and made him such a fan favorite character, which is how be became a canon character in the first place...same deal for the Mandalorians. The tv show just wants to do things their way, and their way sucks.

I hope they build on him instead of making him another background Jedi though.

queeq
Well, Lucas sees it differently.

Ordo
They're going to totally f-up Vos. He was on my list of "things in Star Wars I Like that are going to be destroyed this weekend"

Anyway, I watched last weeks episode....by far and away the worst episode of this season if not the entire show. Its a case study in everything this show is bad at.

queeq
Yeah....

S_D_J
Originally posted by Mist_haermm
Quinlan Vos is finally making an appearance touched


ppVTX-MB8CU

And in 10 seconds they manage to
a) write off his hatred for clones
b) ruin his undercover mission
c) ignore his dark side influences.

And yet I dont care, cause its ****ing Quinlan Vos w00t

So sad to hear, he's one of the few EU characters I genuinely like (next to Aayla Secura)

I still won't mind much though... I hope no expression

Originally posted by dadudemon
I'll respond to your post, paragraph by paragraph. I'll mark sections where I don't have a comment with three dots "..."





Well, good. The effects, story, acting, etc. were all better in the PT than the OT.

...

Indeed. That's why I said I thought the show was better than 75% of the EU. There's still some EU stuff out there that is really beautifully written, though.

I do like the OT, like... A LOT. I just think the PT is better.

Yeah, I talked about that. There are those out that that hate because it is popular to hate. For example: Twlight. People say they hate mostly beause it is popular to hate. Others, like myself, do not hate it but have some legit problems with it (I think the prose is atrocious and the dialogue is very clunky and annoying at times...but the stories and backgrounds are quite entertaining and I really enjoyed that aspect of the Twlight universe.) Jar-Jar is just unfortunate in that it is popular to hate even though he's not really that annoying (most of the time.) I wish people would quit with the group think and be more like you and admit that they are doing it for laughs but don't really hate. And, yeah, of the OT, Return of the Jedi is my favorite as well.

I also think that Geoge Lucas can do wrong...it's just rare that he does do wrong (I said that already. lulz). He has made mistakes with Star Wars (intentional ones, not prop placement errors, continuity errors and the such..I'm talking about conscious decisions that ended up being bad choices.) And, yes, good point on the Hayden replacement thing. I thought that was very disrespectful and he never should have done that.

Yeah, I hope that Maul's brother pans out and creates some fun.

I hate Twilight, It is badly written, the plot is sometime incoherent (especially the second book) and the ending ... sick (the whole Renesmee thing and that Jacob imprint... sick )... but that's is totally SW unrelated and I'll stop talking about it.

I still love Star Wars though smile

Ordo
The bumbling background music doesnt give the general attitude away?

"HOWS TEMPLE LIFE" *backslap*

In the real world, we call that being a d0uchbag.

queeq
laughing out loud

ares834
Trailer of Savage Opress

Another clip.

S_D_J
Originally posted by ares834
Trailer of Savage Opress

Another clip.

though I appreciate they're trying to work with such a cool character as Darth Maul was, I can't help to feel this is all wrong... is cool to see Assaj fall from Dooku's grace, but Maul's brother? no expression

and him getting so in touch with the force as quickly.... erm

queeq
Big horns.

Ordo
I'm more personally concerned about how they will F up Delta Squad.

queeq
Why? You know they will...

Ordo
Because I keep hoping that something in my fandom will survive this show.

queeq
Well, keep hoping.

Ordo
I am masochist.

queeq
laughing out loud

Mist_haermm
Vos was actually decent, glad they didnt **** him up.

ares834
So glad that Ziro was killed. That made the episode for me.

Ordo
TFN is back to circle-jerk mode.

Originally posted by ares834
So glad that Ziro was killed. That made the episode for me.

Until he is in another episode next season, before his death. SURPRISE!.

Originally posted by Mist_haermm
Vos was actually decent, glad they didnt **** him up.

I think they did, he just didn't come out wearing a dress and making out with a clone.

queeq
laughing out loud

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by S_D_J
though I appreciate they're trying to work with such a cool character as Darth Maul was, I can't help to feel this is all wrong... is cool to see Assaj fall from Dooku's grace, but Maul's brother? no expression

and him getting so in touch with the force as quickly.... erm

I beleive they use some dark side witches and sorcery to speed up his connection to the force.

I think it looks awsome! But then again im just a big kid, who actually loved TPM and Darth Maul.

I just hope they give Maul's brother a proper death! as in not killed by a padawan because he forgot there was another jedis lightsaber lying around!

queeq
Well, ya never know CW. They usually get rid of baddies rather quickly. And lamefully.

S_D_J
Originally posted by queeq
Well, ya never know CW. They usually get rid of baddies rather quickly. And lamefully.
this will be one baddie I'd like getting disposed of quickly

queeq
I better go and watch it to see what it's all about.

DARTH POWER
Hey you know we're all gna watch it! I guess the kid in me is just excited.. Darth Maul's brother kicking some jedi ass! Doing what Anakin/Vader SHOULD have been doing in ROTS, but decided to go pick on kids instead!

Ordo
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Hey you know we're all gna watch it! I guess the kid in me is just excited.. Darth Maul's brother kicking some jedi ass! Doing what Anakin/Vader SHOULD have been doing in ROTS, but decided to go pick on kids instead!

Are you kidding? Hes going to lose and fail just like every other villian in the 50 episodes of this show.

DARTH POWER
I meant kick sum jedi butt BEFORE he loses Lol

queeq
Hehehe

Ordo
Does anyone else find it disturbing that Sy Snootles is wearing the same thing and doing the same thing a good 25 years after this episode? She must be really blooming at 45/50.

ares834
Ahsoka's new look..
Not a fan of the reverse grip or the duel sabers... Although she is now more modestly covered thank god.

Also finally Anakin and Obi-Wan got rid of that stupid clone armor.

Nice to see the transition into their RotS, or at least closer to it, atire.

RE: Blaxican
So Ashouka is now Galen Marek. Woo.

Does that mean that she's like, a Knight then? It makes absolutely no sense for a padawan to use a more complex duel wielding style.

queeq
Huh??? PArdon?

DARTH POWER
The second saver looks like a small one. So thats more Sora Bulq style than Galen Marek.

Ordo
OMG did we not already have a Padme and Ahsoka go on a diplomatic mission episode THIS SEASON?!

queeq
Another one???

dadudemon
Originally posted by Ordo
OMG did we not already have a Padme and Ahsoka go on a diplomatic mission episode THIS SEASON?!

Yes, how dare a diplomat go on more than one diplomatic mission! Preposterous!laughing

That's as silly as a doctor going to a hospital twice.

Ordo
*facepalm*

Not even responding.

queeq
They can go... just don't do it in a tv series. They're not supposed to be boring.

dadudemon
Originally posted by queeq
They can go... just don't do it in a tv series. They're not supposed to be boring.

lol

My point is, it's like complaining that in Star Trek, it's lame beacuse they encounter a new alien species. Diplomats are going to be diplomatic during the Clone Wars. It's going to happen.


I would agree if either of you if you said something similar to:

"They should make the same situation, which is obviously going to occur multiple times during this time frame, "off-screen" unless something significantly important to the plot occurs that is different from the last time."

If you said that, then, yes, I would agree.



You can and should complain about the same exact plot, "Padme goes on a diplomatic mission. Bad guys try to kill her because of her position. Ahsoka saves the day. The end." Was that really what occured?

Ordo
But Star Trek is a show about alien diplomacy and exploration. Clone Wars is not. The plot repetitions are equally annoying.

Anyway, the new character models are GREAT. A lot more detail, the characters look much more iconic, Ahsoka looks significantly older, though I still don't know why its necessary to have the leg diamonds.

The episode itself was actually ok. The plot didnt really go far but it did expose some of the coordination between Palpatine and Dooku. It was nice to see terrorism. It was also nice to see Separatist land, even though Raxus...WTF. More canon-carnage. Also why is the Separatist council parliament? It would be nice to explore some of these new Separatist species in the future. You can bet Ahsoka and that kid will have a run in again.

Hybris
The characters do look older, but what doesn't make sense is that Senator Farr appeared in the episode, although he should already be dead... Lousy job on the timeline once again...

Ordo
Good catch. I was waiting for a slip up like that. Now Ahsoka gets older and younger again. Just sloppy.

ares834
Wow a good political episode... I'm amazed. I really like how Dooku is working with the conspirators in the senate just as Palpatine is working with those in the Seperatist Parliment. And I love how Ahsoka's view on the war isn't as black/white as her masters, she is finally becoming her own character.

And finally new character models!!! Anakin and Ahsoka looked amazing!

ares834
Originally posted by Hybris
The characters do look older, but what doesn't make sense is that Senator Farr appeared in the episode, although he should already be dead... Lousy job on the timeline once again...
According to the episode guide the episode takes place prior to Senate Murders.

Also Padme got her friend Mina Bonteri killed.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Ordo
But Star Trek is a show about alien diplomacy and exploration. Clone Wars is not. The plot repetitions are equally annoying.

By that logic, Clone Wars should only be about wars, with clones.

What Clone Wars is about lots of different characters and their responsibilities. Some of those charactesr happen to diplomats. It's very simple and that was my only point.

queeq
CW could be a bit more about dilemma's... Like Star Trek usually was. They only have one mission (join the republic) and one plot (baddie tries to kill, fails and gets apprehended pretty quickly or gets away easiliy to do the same thing some time later).

Hybris
Originally posted by ares834
According to the episode guide the episode takes place prior to Senate Murders.

Also Padme got her friend Mina Bonteri killed.

Yeah that's what I figured, but it still doesn't make any sense that Ahsoka is still younger after the murder on Onaconda, while now she was older while he was still alive.

Unless ofcourse every episode that features Ahsoka as of Senate Murders is to be situated before Senate Murders... Oh and the same then should go for Anakin and his new haircut stick out tongue

ares834
Ahsoka wasn't even in Senate Murders IIRC. And according to the guide Senate Murders is the episode furthest into the timeline.

Hybris
I know, but for a show that is aiming at an audience of children, they are doing a poor job by making stuff so damn complicated stick out tongue

Ordo
Not to mention less enjoyable for anyone with a cognitive ability greater than age 7.

Ordo
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/atstcostumep1.gif

RE: Blaxican
God damn Alliance... your signature almost makes me gay.

dadudemon
Originally posted by queeq
CW could be a bit more about dilemma's... Like Star Trek usually was. They only have one mission (join the republic) and one plot (baddie tries to kill, fails and gets apprehended pretty quickly or gets away easiliy to do the same thing some time later).

That's a very fitting explanation and I'll go with that.

Ordo
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
God damn Alliance... your signature almost makes me gay.

I've been meaning to make one for Reach, just spending all of my free time playing it instead of making a new sig. stick out tongue

I went gay for practically anything in armor a looong time ago lol.

queeq
laughing out loud

REXXXX
Originally posted by Ordo
I went gay for practically anything in armor a looong time ago lol.

Sounds about right! stick out tongue

queeq
Hehehe


You wear a moustache as well? wink

Ordo
Yeah he does.

queeq
You seem to know a lot about him...

SquallX
I gave up on the cartoon a while back.

Also Genndy Tartakovsky's Star Wars mini series shit on George Lucas adaptation.

queeq
I liked those.

Ordo
At least they were entertaining and not meant to be taken seriously. Frankly, I'd rather have no dialouge than what Lucas writes.

queeq
Hehehe

S_D_J
Sooooooooo

how was Darth Maul's Brother? smile

Ordo
HOT!

And thank god he karking wasnt!

queeq
Wasn't too bad that episode. Hope they keep this up.

The usual weird stuff of course: a pumped up Zabrak without Force skills wipes out an Jedi Master and his apprentice with very little effort. You may begin to think Lucasfilm actually hates Jedi by portraying them as such boring weaklings...

Ordo
There wasn't any time left in the episode for a duel lol. He didn't even bother to take the inside of the temple.

Least they killed the padawan too.

queeq
Yeah, but still.... the whole idea of an untrained non-Force user, imbued with some secrets spells wiping out a Jedi Master at his first mission... come on... I thought Jedi were supposed to be great sword masters... They look like OT stormtroopers now.

Ordo
This weapon is your life.

He lost it.

After 2.5 years of this show raping the concept of Star Wars, something like this doesn't really bother me at all. Did it bother you when some stupid B1 took out a Jedi in AOTC?

queeq
They all lose their sabres... all the time.

And yes it does actually.. . Well, no more really... it just shows LFL doesn't give a crap about Jedi.

S_D_J
they were all meant to die anyways stick out tongue

REXXXX
I really enjoyed the episode; I expected much worse from it.

I believe Savage DOES have Force powers, Queeq, they're just latent and untapped right now. Trailers have shown him using the Force.

It'll be interesting to see where things go.

Anyone else kind of bothered by the 'magic' of the Nightsisters? Conjuring items from thin air, pumping up Savage...

Also, all the Nightbrother names were very Sithy.

queeq
Well, even untapped and latent force sensitivity should not be an explanation for beating a Jedi so easily...

I didn't mind the magic myself... They are considered witches after all.

Ordo
All I know is that an all-male community of half-naked zabraks is the best idea ever!

Dooku will develop Lozenge's force powers in this episode.

queeq
Yup, Maul 2.0

Ordo
Except Sidious trained Maul...

And maul could do more than grunt.

queeq
And Dooku would suck at training?

Well, I'm sure Lozange will die some time or another. I hope they don't kill him off too quickly.

Ordo
They wont. They only villain they've killed off is Ziro. Thats because there was nowhere left to go with his character.

I'm banking on a Ventress-Lozenge showdown.

S_D_J
Sooooooooo... Qui-Gon Jin will be in the show... and Neeson will voice him smile

Ordo
I dunno about how I feel about this. I watched the preview and once again its another trilogy rehash. Oh look! A cave with force ghosts! Do they have any original ideas ever?

Lets just hope we learn about the living force. Biggest missed plot point in the entire PT lol.

queeq
O

M

G



And they were doing so well this season... I guess they thought: what can we do next to pi$$ of the fans... Oh, yes, let's bring QGJ back. Like the Anakin and OB1 characterisations missing from the moving that we're trying to fill up with these cartoons, Lucas kinda forgot to pay attention to the QGJ storyline as well.... Lucky for us we have the Clone Wars...

Ordo
Least they're filling it with characters I like and want to know more about. Then again, in this show, everything is bastardized.

On another note, Delta Squad is in the episode tonight. If they **** THEM up too...

queeq
Keep your broken fingers crossed.

Dark Exile
Was that who I think it was in the "crystal ball" at the end of the episode?

ares834
Who do you think?...

Now all they need to do is make Dooku come back as a talking head like Simus and all the Sith would be revived in the EU...

Edit: Great episode though.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Dark Exile
Was that who I think it was in the "crystal ball" at the end of the episode?

if it's not, it would be a massive tease.

S_D_J
Originally posted by ares834
Who do you think?...

Now all they need to do is make Dooku come back as a talking head like Simus and all the Sith would be revived in the EU...

Edit: Great episode though.

Ohh Simus...

and some get irritated that CW messes with the EU roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
Which is irrelevant anyway.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>