Should There Be a Double Standard?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/08/gorillas-riding-dinosaurs-should-there-be-an-intestine-tripping-double-standard/

this has something to do with Robert Kirkmans statement from last week

so whats everyone's view on this??

Kazenji
Could someone move this to the comic book section..

Doctor-Alvis
The way to save comics is to stop being bad writers.

Warlord
if anything I think nowadays comics have been too "kid-oriented"

at least in Marvel

Kazenji
Originally posted by Warlord
if anything I think nowadays comics have been too "kid-oriented"

at least in Marvel

Depends on what your reading because with Marvel's MAX imprint its going good with the Punisher title.

WanderingDroid
Originally posted by Kazenji
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/08/gorillas-riding-dinosaurs-should-there-be-an-intestine-tripping-double-standard/

this has something to do with Robert Kirkmans statement from last week

so whats everyone's view on this??

With the tough economy and comic book shooting up to the $3.99 I'd say ignore Kirkman and stay with the corporates...at least you have a job.

Q99
There is something of a tendency for top creators to go indy to begin with... but quite frankly only some newbies are good, and it's still really helpful to have old guns around to do stuff even most good newbies can't.

willRules
Where's Kirkman's room for top creators who want to write dark complex stories featuring say, I dunno, Spider-man? Can they only use their own creations or are they allowed to play with someone elses toys?

Also by implication, is he saying there are no indie comics for kids and shoe horning indie comics with the dark and complex adult genre?

He seems to be making a lot of vague statements.

Omega Vision
So much fail. Where to begin?

Q99
Originally posted by willRules
Where's Kirkman's room for top creators who want to write dark complex stories featuring say, I dunno, Spider-man? Can they only use their own creations or are they allowed to play with someone elses toys?

That's a good point. Morrison's metatextual Final Crisis *needs* Superman/Darksied/etc..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.