Best Light vs Dark Battles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

akpwnz
I'm looking to put together a list of everyone's favorite major light vs dark fights, ie: Palp vs Yoda, Anakin vs Obi Wan, Bane and Zannah vs Raskta Lsu, Sarro Xaj, Valenthyne Farfalla, Worror, Johun Othone

They have to be jedi vs dark jedi or sith battles.

Nephthys
The Russan war in POD was cool. I liked how it highlighted just how pointless and damaging the Jedi vs Sith fighting really was.

ares834
In truth, I thought Jedi vs Sith portrayed the Battle of Ruusan as far more pointless and bloody then PoD. Still an awful comic though.

Best battle: Vader vs Luke on DS II, every other answer is wrong (except Luke vs Vader on Bespin which is a close second).

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by ares834

Best battle: Vader vs Luke on DS II, every other answer is wrong (except Luke vs Vader on Bespin which is a close second).

Agreed, although I'd put Bespin first. What can I say, I'm nostalgic.

Aede Madavan
Bane and Sirak's second battle in PoD. No other fight tells such a thrilling story and explores a character so well within the confines of a lightsaber duel.

Bane and Zannah's battle against Raskta, Farfalla, Worror and Johun comes second.

Lord Lucien
Bespin, hands down. Had the best conflict, the best emotion, and the most seat-gripping scenes in the mythos. It was that one fight where you really had no idea how it was going to wind up. Every other one that I can think of I could either predict the general outcome or didn't care about it.

Slash_KMC
Well that's probably because you knew who was going to survive the PT. We all knew Obi, Anakin, Sidious and Yoda weren't going to die in a duel.

Lord Lucien
Exactly. That was a big problem for the prequels; we knew the general outcome. Even in RotJ it was pretty obvious the good guys (Luke included) were going to win. Return of the King suffered the same problem (the result was in the title). The big moment of the DSII duel was Anakin's redemption, and that build-up was present the whole movie.

The games, books and TV shows can go f*ck themselves, they all suck by comparison to anything the movies have. And that's excluding the PT. Their narratives helped theirs, but it didn't put it on scale with ESB.

Gideon
The conflict between Luke, Vader, and the Emperor in Return of the Jedi.

Darth Truculent
Luke vs Caedus in inferno. The powerhouses slugging it out on the Anakin Solo. Awesome display of mastery of the Force and lightsaber.

Nephthys
Most of fights in the ROTS novel are up there. Also, Maul and Jedi Darsha in Shadow Hunter.

And it may not be a light vs dark fight, but the Jedi Temple Apprentice Tournament deserves a mention, if only becuase it's where Scout proves she's a badass.

Lord Lucien
Did she beat her brother Jeb?

chilled monkey
Some of my favourites-

* Darth Malgus vs. 'Hope' (that's what I like to call her seeing as we don't know her real name yet) from the SW:TOR 2nd trailer.

* Luke vs. Brakiss (Jedi Under Siege).

* Tresina Lobi vs. Lumiya and Alema (Tempest).

* Exar Kun vs. Vodo-Siosk-Baas (The Sith War)

* Anakin/Vader vs. Serra Keto (ROTS game)

* Galen Marek vs. Darth Vader (The Force Unleashed)

RE: Blaxican
Luke vs. Vader on Bespin

Obi-Wan vs. Maul on Naboo (It sucked when Qui-Gon was in it)

Obi-wan vs. Jango was good.

I haven't read a Star Wars comic in forever, always hated how the fights went though. Anyone else notice that 90% of the fighting in the comics involves a panel showing someone get punched or kicked in a lightsaber fight?

Advent
I thoroughly enjoyed the battle between Kaox Krul, Crian Maru, and her padawan, Dree Vandap from the short story Darkness Shared; it took Force-wielding duels to heights not seen before - literally. A madman, a marauder, a murderer hell-bent on Jedi death, intense rivalry, emotions enraged, entangled and Jedi tested, possibly the longest lasting duel in the entire mythology of Star Wars, and of course, an epic levitating saber battle all-in-one! But hey, that kind of stuff isn't cool compared to Old Ben and Vader fighting at the pace of tranquilized banthas (I actually do like that fight).

The entire brief tale of Darkness Shared (scans below for anyone who wants to read the story ) was overall exceedingly captivating and intriguing in itself, as well. Kaox Krul and Crian Maru seem like they would whoop most of the feeble PT Force-users asses.

From Wookiepedia:

"Darkness Shared is a short story by Bill Slavicsek, originally published in Star Wars Gamer #5, and since released on Star Wars Hyperspace. It takes place in 1,002 BBY, 6 months before the Battle of Ruusan. "

From Star Wars Gamer #5:

Darkness Shared Cover Art
Darkness Shared, Pt.1
Darkness Shared, Pt. 2
Darkness Shared, Pt. 3
Darkness Shared, Pt. 4
Darkness Shared, Pt. 5
Darkness Shared, Pt. 6
Darkness Shared, Pt. 7
Darkness Shared, Pt. 8
Darkness Shared, Pt. 9
Darkness Shared, End + RPG Stats

Unfortunately, when I copied them from Adobe, I was at 66.7% zoom, so the text is a tad bit hard to read. Of course, by simply hitting CTRL and the "+" button, however, once you get the full image will do wonders! Or just, you know, ZOOM!

Nephthys
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Did she beat her brother Jeb?

And then she punched Boo Radley right in the dick!

Nah, Scout's a badass padawan from Dark Rendevous.

Gideon
N

Best SW book ever. Anyone who disagrees likes boys.

Nephthys
Like or like likes boys?

Gideon
Search your feelings.

shifty

Nephthys
My feelings tell me to search my pants.

Gideon
I can feel the hate swelling in you now...

shifty

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Nephthys

Scout is awesome!

* Scout & Whie vs. Ventress. I'd say just surviving a meeting with Ventress is a feat

Some other favourites:

* Luke, Ben, Vestara, Seha and Doran vs. Ivaar Workan, Enara Massar and three Lost Tribe guards.

* Darth Vader vs. Dark Woman.

* Luke and Darth Krayt vs. Abeloth. (although that's more like Light and Dark vs. REALLY Dark).

red8
Luke wailing on Vader in RotJ is probably my favorite.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.