How many punches would kill colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
be realistic

bane
captain america
wolverne (claws in)
luke cage
blob
Thing
Namor
Namor underwater

The Nuul
lol

Bentley
Thing would kill him in about ten hits.

amnesia
Namor underwater 1 or 2

Omega Vision
Do rabbit punches count?

Black bolt z
Bane...colossus falls alseep after a couple hours then does the coup de grace.

KingD19
The only one who could really kill him is Namor. Dry Namor might take a while going all out, but I don't doubt he could do it. Wet Namor definitely takes him out...maybe a few minutes of hitting him full force...but considering how damn durable the russkie is...it could take a while.

tkitna
Originally posted by KingD19
The only one who could really kill him is Namor.

Come on man. I'm pretty positive the Thing could also do the job.

Bentley
The only one who could really kill him is Namor. Dry Namor might take a while going all out, but I don't doubt he could do it. Wet Namor definitely takes him out...maybe a few minutes of hitting him full force...but considering how damn durable the russkie is...it could take a while. Originally posted by tkitna
Come on man. I'm pretty positive the Thing could also do the job.

Colossus-Big C
so you guys are saying in a fight colossus vs thing
colossus would die after 10 punches.....-_-

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Do rabbit punches count? no

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by amnesia
Namor underwater 1 or 2 you think namor under water is stronger than champion?
colossus was taking hit after hit from champion

Bentley
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
so you guys are saying in a fight colossus vs thing
colossus would die after 10 punches.....-_-

If Colossus doesn't roll his punches and Thing gets to hit with everything one time after the other the only thing keeping Piotr alive that far would be his special physiology.

If Piotr needed to breath four would've been more than enough.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Bentley
If Colossus doesn't roll his punches and Thing gets to hit with everything one time after the other the only thing keeping Piotr alive that far would be his special physiology.

If Piotr needed to breath four would've been more than enough. so you also must think colossus can kill thing in 10 punches then

Bentley
so you also must think colossus can kill thing in 10 punches then

He should be capable of doing it imo.

ankur29
only underwater namor has a chance

Bentley
This has among the most epic lowballing of poor ol' Ben Grimm.

Sr J-Bieb
bane - 5
captain america - 1/2
wolverne (claws in) - can't
luke cage - 5
blob - 10
Thing - 3
Namor - 2
Namor underwater - 1

batdude123
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
captain america - 1/2

Phantom punch ftw?

KingD19
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
bane - 5

Bane's really moving up in the world ain't he?

Tron
be realistic

Realistically, most of those guys should be taken off of the list.

snoopdogg
Didn't Cap kayo the Hulk and rock Namor once?

amnesia
Cap could KO Thor and Thanos

Black bolt z
Cap could KO Thor and Thanos Not thanos but thor.

amnesia
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Not thanos but thor.

I hope you realize that I'm talking about captain America, right?

KingD19
Captain America can KO whoever he wants.

Colossus-Big C
Captain America can KO thanos

KingD19
The only person Steve Rogers isn't allowed to KO....is Squirrel Girl.

Black bolt z
I hope you realize that I'm talking about captain America, right? I know.Cap can KO thor.Hasn't he done that in the past?

But I don't see any sane person writing cap KOing thanos.

shiv
Well if you remove the earplugs and give Cap a Megaphone I'm pretty sure he can KO Thanos with one of his speeches

Endless Mike
bane - Breaks his hands first
captain america- Same as Bane
wolverne (claws in) - Won't break his hands due to healing factor but won't make any progress
luke cage - Hundreds
blob - Hundreds
Thing - A few dozen
Namor - Maybe half a dozen
Namor underwater - 2 or 3

tkitna
2 or 3 underwater Namor punches would kill Colossus?

I dont think so

amnesia
you don't see an all out hercules kill colossus with 3 blows?

Endless Mike
Originally posted by tkitna
2 or 3 underwater Namor punches would kill Colossus?

I dont think so

If he was punching as hard as he could and Colossus wasn't trying to dodge, resist, or fight back.

mrpress
You guys are lowballing Thing. One thing to remember is that what his arms might lack in strength compared to some, his hands make up for in size and surface area. While Namor is pounding away with his well manicured little girly hands, Thing is swinging those big concrete blocks at the end of his arms. smile

Endless Mike
Originally posted by mrpress
You guys are lowballing Thing. One thing to remember is that what his arms might lack in strength compared to some, his hands make up for in size and surface area. While Namor is pounding away with his well manicured little girly hands, Thing is swinging those big concrete blocks at the end of his arms.

Less surface area = more pressure

mrpress
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Less surface area = more pressure

Yeah against a single point. My point is that while the rest of the guys might be mashing Colossus in the chin, Grimm is flattening his whole face, thus increasing the areas he's doing damage to.

Endless Mike
But a smaller surface area has a better chance of penetrating his armor

Uriel005
Originally posted by Bentley
This has among the most epic lowballing of poor ol' Ben Grimm.

Grimm is about a 75 tonner the Russian is a little higher and IMO metal is more durable than rocks big grin. I will take metal weapon over a stone one any time.

But comic book-wise at average levels they are still strong enough to punch each other out depending on the level that they are at in a given point in time. I mean High end Colossus forget about it he laughs at Grimm while sipping an iced mocha. I don't think Thing was ever ridiculously super high end hitter just a heavy. Colossus however sometimes gets those god level bricks and walks through it like a normal person goes through a stiff breeze.

mrpress
Originally posted by Uriel005
.I don't think Thing was ever ridiculously super high end hitter just a heavy. .

Pineapple / spikey thing probably would have crumpled Colossus like a tin can.

rougeredmage
well didnt everyones favorite russian took quite a few good quality hits against WWH so i am not sure anyone on the list bar ocean enchaned submariner could pose any reall harm to Piotor

Uriel005
The only person Steve Rogers isn't allowed to KO....is Squirrel Girl.

Thats unfair. Everyone knows squirrel girl is the Deus Ex of Marvel. Her powers aren't so much squirrel related as much as oppose me and you lose... Just FAIL no matter what.

Warlord
Grimm is about a 75 tonner the Russian is a little higher and IMO metal is more durable than rocks

I remember an issue of FF where Thing was using 80 or 85 ton bars to work out

Uriel005
Yeah against a single point. My point is that while the rest of the guys might be mashing Colossus in the chin, Grimm is flattening his whole face, thus increasing the areas he's doing damage to.

Lol your self defeating here. The question is whether or not someone of Ben's strength can do enough damage to rock Colossus and your making the impact of the hit even less lol. Its like dropping a 20 lbs bag of concrete on your chest versus a 20 lb cannon. Yeah they're both going to hurt but the cannon ball probably going to kill you if they are dropped from a point where the concrete would crack your ribs.

Juntai
Captain Falcon does it in one punch.

mrpress
Lol your self defeating here. The question is whether or not someone of Ben's strength can do enough damage to rock Colossus and your making the impact of the hit even less lol. Its like dropping a 20 lbs bag of concrete on your chest versus a 20 lb cannon. Yeah they're both going to hurt but the cannon ball probably going to kill you if they are dropped from a point where the concrete would crack your ribs.

it's not self-defeating at all. You can take it even further (and taking it further makes sense considering the class of hero we're dealing with here), narrow that cannon ball down to a spear tip and make it even heavier, say 100 or 200 pounds. Now when you drop it on someone, sure the spear is going to penetrate. However, it's going to be a relatively small wound. Depending on where it hits it could kill, or it could also do relatively little damage. Now that 200 pound cement bag is going to pretty much eff you up regardless. You have an entire crushed torso to deal with.

There's no question Grimm can do enough damage to Colossus. He's put down class 100 bricks before. He's not Luke Cage or Spiderman, his strength is more then sufficient for the task. Expanding the surface area of his punch isn't going to make it any less deadly. Now instead of a smaller fist hitting Colossus in the chin really super-duper hard, you instead have a concrete block hitting him in the face really super hard. He might be doing less damage to one area, but he's doing damage to more areas at once.

Colossus-Big C
it's not self-defeating at all. You can take it even further (and taking it further makes sense considering the class of hero we're dealing with here), narrow that cannon ball down to a spear tip and make it even heavier, say 100 or 200 pounds. Now when you drop it on someone, sure the spear is going to penetrate. However, it's going to be a relatively small wound. Depending on where it hits it could kill, or it could also do relatively little damage. Now that 200 pound cement bag is going to pretty much eff you up regardless. You have an entire crushed torso to deal with.

There's no question Grimm can do enough damage to Colossus. He's put down class 100 bricks before. He's not Luke Cage or Spiderman, his strength is more then sufficient for the task. Expanding the surface area of his punch isn't going to make it any less deadly. Now instead of a smaller fist hitting Colossus in the chin really super-duper hard, you instead have a concrete block hitting him in the face really super hard. He might be doing less damage to one area, but he's doing damage to more areas at once. i dont know about this, rockslide is class 75 and he cant hurt colossus(not even budge him)
he once punched colossus as hard as he can and his own body shattered...
and that happened twice with colossus not even bracing

if a class 75 cannot phase colossus i dont think a class 85 is doing anything
not to mention rockslide has held his own againts hulk

Uriel005
Point is on Average Ben just isn't a super heavyweight. The big russian on the otherhand regularly goes toe to toe with high end bricks at their high end levels, i.e. Apocalypse, Juggernaut.

ankur29
i dont know about this, rockslide is class 75 and he cant hurt colossus(not even budge him)

ben is officially class 90 ( 75-90 tons) & is far more durable than rockslide

either way he is still in colossus's strength league

-Pr-
i dont know about this, rockslide is class 75 and he cant hurt colossus(not even budge him)

scans?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by -Pr-
scans? you havent see them?
i would have to dig through the respect thread for it

-Pr-
you havent see them?
i would have to dig through the respect thread for it

i sincerely hope you're not talking about the time when rockslide intentionally exploded in front of colossus.

Mindset
Pr, there are good odds that's exactly what he's talking about.

amnesia
Steve kills him with one punch.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
Pr, there are good odds that's exactly what he's talking about.

sad

Colossus-Big C
no thats not what im talking about, he punched him and broke his arm all the way up to his shoulder

-Pr-
no thats not what im talking about, he punched him and broke his arm all the way up to his shoulder

when? do you have the issue number?

and his arm breaking is not the same as his body shattering.

Colossus-Big C
when? do you have the issue number?

and his arm breaking is not the same as his body shattering. i dont have the issue number, i saw the scan in his respect thread, i will have to dig through it to get it

rockslide has tried hurting colossus on 3 failed attemps (probably some more) that i can think of

-Pr-
i dont have the issue number, i saw the scan in his respect thread, i will have to dig through it to get it

rockslide has tried hurting colossus on 3 failed attemps (probably some more) that i can think of

yes, he has tried to hurt colossus and failed.

he's not THAT strong compared to the higher ups, though.

KingD19
i sincerely hope you're not talking about the time when rockslide intentionally exploded in front of colossus.

Once he blew himself up..did nothing.

Once he punched him and shattered his arm up to the shoulder.

And one he got in a fight with Colossu during Dark Reign I think...the same issue where Colossus fought Venom. He put Rockslide on his ass in a few seconds, and had him unconscious.

And Rockslide put Strong Guy on his ass once.

snoopdogg
Colossus also beat Rockslide up when he was formed of rock from Limbo iirc.

tideoftime
I go with Aunt May armed with a frying pan: 1 hit.

BUSTER1
Judging from those preview scans of Hulk#614, only a couple of punches from Steve Rogers.
smile

carver9

This really did happened and it happened more than once. By the way, rock slide is class 80.

Some people are truly under estimating colossus durability. Namor isnt 3 shotting colossus... I would go as far to say that Colossus strength is equal to a wet Namor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.