Magneto vs Cheetah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Standard rules.

shiv
*flips coin*

Magneto the Master of Magnetism.

Q99
It depends on how fast he can get his defenses up. He might win or he might be down at the start.

chomperx9
magneto wins.

Originally posted by Q99
It depends on how fast he can get his defenses up. He might win or he might be down at the start.

His reaction speed is said to be 15 times faster than a human's, so it should take between 0.007 and 0.013 seconds for a shield to go up. Starting distance would be 500 m. How often does she blitz from the get go?

Lord_Talron
forum rules allow her to blitz every time

chomperx9
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
forum rules allow her to blitz every time forum rules or forum posters ?

Q99
Originally posted by 753
His reaction speed is said to be 15 times faster than a human's, so it should take between 0.007 and 0.013 seconds for a shield to go up. Starting distance would be 500 m. How often does she blitz from the get go?

She blitzes pretty often, ambushes are definitely common in her arsenal.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by chomperx9
forum rules or forum posters ? do i really have to quote the rules again? *sigh*

Q99
Full capacity to be fair doesn't always mean attacking instantly. It does depend on the character and how they fight.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Q99
Full capacity to be fair doesn't always mean attacking instantly. It does depend on the character and how they fight.

Cheetah's all about getting the drop on an opponent, whenever possible (CIS/plot-purposes aside), and especially when her target is powerful and/or has abilities very different from her own, so her speed-blitzing at the get-go is not at all strange or unusual for her, as a character.

That said, I agree with Shiv: just flip a coin. Their MO's and circumstantial factors are just too opposed to give a truly viable answer (kind of like the one thread with Superman vs. Doctor Who -- each can trump the other so easily, but circumstantially, that it negates KMC as a setting...)

CIS is on by default, so her blitzing probability in the arena depends on how often she does it in character.

What if he begins the fight with the shields on? Does she have a chance of breaking through before he puts her down?

tideoftime
Originally posted by 753
CIS is on by default, so her blitzing probability in the arena depends on how often she does it in character.

What if he begins the fight with the shields on? Does she have a chance of breaking through before he puts her down?

By default? I thought CIS was *off* by default, unless clarified otherwise. With shields on, he'll likely win; with shields down (even for a fraction of a second), she wins. Like I/Shiv said: flip a coin. This really isn't that interesting a battle, as each has a trump card over the other...

Originally posted by tideoftime
By default? I thought CIS was *off* by default, unless clarified otherwise. With shields on, he'll likely win; with shields down (even for a fraction of a second), she wins. Like I/Shiv said: flip a coin. This really isn't that interesting a battle, as each has a trump card over the other... PIS off, CIS on

Bentley
Originally posted by tideoftime
By default? I thought CIS was *off* by default, unless clarified otherwise. With shields on, he'll likely win; with shields down (even for a fraction of a second), she wins. Like I/Shiv said: flip a coin. This really isn't that interesting a battle, as each has a trump card over the other...

CIS is on by default.

Lord Feron
Mags start with shields because he is one of those characters that usually have shields already up during a fight. Anyway I don't think Cheetah can exhaust Mags to a level where cheetah can actually breach his shields.

tideoftime
*CIS/PIS Above*

Damn head-cold...

I knew that...

Anywho...

Each of their definitive CIS modes (Mag's running his mouth in "mwah-ha-ha" fashion, or Cheetah "playing with her food"wink is pretty neutral in this case, as neither would readily apply. As stated, with shields, Mag wins; given a fraction of a second for a "surprise" attack, Cheetah wins. Not an interesting fight...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.