Meggan vs Sersi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Konton
CIS off.

Konton
Revisiting this, I'd give Meggan a majority.

Prep-Man
Seriously? What has she done? I'm only familiar with 90's Excalibur stuff.

meggan. not really close either

Konton
Well, we'd have to look at the match-up.

The first thing most people are going to look at is Sersi's telepathy in relation to Meggan's empathic powers. I would argue that there is little evidence in Sersi's favor on a psionic level for a few reasons.

1. She only has as many telepathic feats as I can count on one hand. (One global tp scan, matching Exodus with ambiguous circumstance, and a few illusions during her early Avenger days).

2. Meggan's powers have established an interesting interaction with psionics. She's openly stated that psionic energy is part of nature and that her ability to see and recognize it as if it was tangible makes her very resistant to mind control and illusion. This is bad news for Sersi because, as far as I can recall, she's never possessed anyone; typically resorting to illusions and communication... basic stuff.

Sersi's primary choice of action is definitely transmutation, something that usually allows her to easily dispatch most people. The problem here is that Meggan is definitively immune to direct molecular control- even reality manipulation. Back in the day Meg laughed at Braddock when he was trying to bend her to his will... and then she hit him in the face until he restored reality to how she wanted it.

Relating to the last point would be Sersi's ability to manipulate matter in the environment, but I think Meggan's natural attachment with her local environment would ultimately give her more control than Sersi could manifest. She's also shown capable of manipulating matter on the molecular level as well; making walls "phasable" and in other utility uses.

Physically, Sersi has the better feats. However Meggan can absorb the energy in her environment to boost her own energy levels and strength. Sersi's eye blasts and amped punches are cosmically attributed and we've seen Meggan take the form of Silver Surfer on a whim to manipulate the power cosmic. The fact that Sersi, being an Eternal, is a living cosmic battery makes her a huge target to Meggan's "leaching" ability.

edit: Meggan also briefly held back the chaos wave and showed that she could completely drain the earth to reach the size and scale of Galactus if she wanted to.

yes, she can push it to abstract level. sersi is screwed

Konton
Abstract would be reaching by quite a bit.

Originally posted by Konton
Abstract would be reaching by quite a bit. not really. she cant sustain that level but what she did to the chaos wave can be easily seen as an abstract entity feat.

Konton
Eh, I disagree. There was some serious context behind that feat. She was channeling the energy of whatever zone she was in and the narration talked about how she was simply the perfect person for the job because she had such an affinity for manipulating the environment the chaos wave was going through. It should be noted that she didn't really "hold it back" but slowed it down to Phoenix could stitch the rift they traveled through to save the team.

psy_blade
Both are powerful enough to beat a lot of the most powerful heroes in both Marvel and DC single handed. But between these 2 powerhouses, Meggan wins. Aside from her basic powers, she can also turn into inanimate objects like water or air. She can also turn into beings that don't really exist like a real dragon. She can also manipulate the things around her like making a hole through a wall (also like transmutation but not at Sersi's level). Meggan can also turn into Sersi herself and copy her exact powers. I won't be surprised if Meggan can turn into a phoenix avatar. If there is one real Omega level mutant, it should be Meggan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.