BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

majid86
Review

fFrxl8Pu-I0

Sucks that the game is gonna be released in October in Europe because i enjoyed BlazBlue:Calamity Trigger

Esomark
I've been addicted to this one eversince I got it for my birthday. I think it's safe to say it is not just Guilty Gear's little brother anymore.

StyleTime
This game is addicting as hell and is one of the best fighting games out currently.

I wish Lamba wasn't nerfed as hard as she was though.

NemeBro
Blazblue is my favorite current fighting series, that and Guilty Gear.

Lamba is not that bad, while lacking the amazing long-range cheap sword gheyness Nu had, Lamba is arguably superior in close-range. Still not as strong as Nu though, but Lamba is nerfed compared to Nu for a reason. no expression

No End N Site
Makoto and Val are not worth my 7$! Jubei? I would buy the damn game twice. Please make that dude DLC, PLEEZ!! He is so damn cool.

StyleTime
Originally posted by NemeBro
Blazblue is my favorite current fighting series, that and Guilty Gear.

Lamba is not that bad, while lacking the amazing long-range cheap sword gheyness Nu had, Lamba is arguably superior in close-range. Still not as strong as Nu though, but Lamba is nerfed compared to Nu for a reason. no expression
I agree. She didn't get nerfed as badly as Rachel, but it was a noticeable decline.

Rachel and Nu have essentially been replaced with Bang and Litchi. If there is going to be a clearly defined top tier, I'd rather one of the characters I use be in it.

Have more sympathy for my plight. Now. uhuh
Originally posted by No End N Site
Makoto and Val are not worth my 7$! Jubei? I would buy the damn game twice. Please make that dude DLC, PLEEZ!! He is so damn cool.
Mu-12 is really fun to use, depending on your playstyle.

NemeBro
Originally posted by StyleTime
I agree. She didn't get nerfed as badly as Rachel, but it was a noticeable decline.

Rachel and Nu have essentially been replaced with Bang and Litchi. If there is going to be a clearly defined top tier, I'd rather one of the characters I use be in it.

Have more sympathy for my plight. Now. uhuh Oh yeah, Rachel was nerfed to an amazing degree.

I use Bang (main Hakumen though). Clearly the characters you use are just not as amazingly awesome.

Top-tier in the last game was a serious problem, for the simple fact that Nu, Rachel, and Arakune, the triumvirate inhabiting it, were broken compared to most of the cast. Not one character had anything but a "losing" match against the three, except Taokaka, who had a 5/5 split against Nu.

Nah, Nu was cheap, and Lamba is still good. Deal with it. estahuh

Esomark

Hell yeah, Jubei should have been playable! He's like the Kliff of BlazBlue.

I actually love playing Makoto. She's really fun and easy to master.
Her "ATATATATATATATA" reference in Planet Crusher is also gold.
And if that move was an actual feat instead of just a gameplay effect, she would probably solo nearly every other fighting game character.

Esomark

Yeah, Jubei is bad ass! He's like the Kliff Undersn of BlazBlue.

As for Makoto, I've enjoyed playing as her immensely. She's just real fun to use and easy to master. Her "ATATATATATA" reference in Planet Crusher is pure gold too. Now, if that technique was a true feat and not just a gameplay effect, she'd probably solo nearly every other fighting game character.

EDIT: Sorry for the similar posts. My internet connection has been screwing up and I didn't think it saved the first one.

NemeBro
Makoto makes a Tick reference.

SPOON!!!

Sol Valentine
I love this game.

Surprisingly Arakune is quite powerful.

StyleTime
Oh yeah, Rachel was nerfed to an amazing degree.

I use Bang (main Hakumen though). Clearly the characters you use are just not as amazingly awesome.

Top-tier in the last game was a serious problem, for the simple fact that Nu, Rachel, and Arakune, the triumvirate inhabiting it, were broken compared to most of the cast. Not one character had anything but a "losing" match against the three, except Taokaka, who had a 5/5 split against Nu.

Nah, Nu was cheap, and Lamba is still good. Deal with it. estahuh
Whenever I win with Rachel, I win by like...time out. She needs some work. Big time.

sad

Nah. Nu had 50/50 against Jin and Carl as well. Rachel had a 50/50 against Jin and Litchi. Arakune had a 50/50 against Carl. Don't get me wrong, the tops were definitely tops; however, they actually encountered some 50/50 and 55/45 matchups from a lot of the cast. Those aren't terribble odds.

I was venting a little when I said that; Lambda is obviously still competitively viable. To be honest, I'm having enough fun with this game that I may take this to the competitive level soon. It just gets disheartening when I get rocked by a Bang or Litchi.

I've been playing DAT ASS recently though.
Originally posted by Sol Valentine

Surprisingly Arakune is quite powerful.
Most definitely. He's moving up in the tiers without a doubt.

Fortunately for me, Lambda rapes him for free. big grin

NemeBro
Whenever I win with Rachel, I win by like...time out. She needs some work. Big time.

sad

Nah. Nu had 50/50 against Jin and Carl as well. Rachel had a 50/50 against Jin and Litchi. Arakune had a 50/50 against Carl. Don't get me wrong, the tops were definitely tops; however, they actually encountered some 50/50 and 55/45 matchups from a lot of the cast. Those aren't terribble odds.

I was venting a little when I said that; Lambda is obviously still competitively viable. To be honest, I'm having enough fun with this game that I may take this to the competitive level soon. It just gets disheartening when I get rocked by a Bang or Litchi.

Fortunately for me, Lambda rapes him for free. big grin I could never play with Rachel honestly. Ironic considering she is one of my favorite characters.

Not the tier list I saw. And in my honest opinion Carl only was signifigant in the tier lists due to the ****ing clap loop.

I have every full intention of taking this to the competitive level, of my peer group I along with a friend of mine are the best at it, and when I play online (Have to do it at a friend's house though) can take on and win against even the combofags.

It's all about Hakumen son.

RE: Blaxican
I thought this was the Street Fighter thread. But it's not, so I'm leaving.

AsbestosFlaygon
Good.
We don't want any of your SF shit in this thread, son.

Character of choice is still Hakumen for me.

StyleTime
Firstly, I am going to say "Screw Hakumen" to the guys in the thread who main him.

Secondly, I've heard news of a balance patch headed this way in a few months. I'm too lazy right now to find more info, so I'm asking if anyone else knows anything.

NemeBro
Firstly, I am going to say "Screw Hakumen" to the guys in the thread who main him.

Secondly, I've heard news of a balance patch headed this way in a few months. I'm too lazy right now to find more info, so I'm asking if anyone else knows anything. He was the bottom of the tiers last game along with Tager, and you played Nu. You have no right.

Hopefully it will make Rachel not suck total ass, don't play her, but ho mah cod they nerfed her.

Sol Valentine

sad

Fortunately for me, Lambda rapes him for free. big grin

Agreed, he's tricky but it works out pretty damn well in the end.

Oh, and screw Jin.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
Agreed, he's tricky but it works out pretty damn well in the end.

Oh, and screw Jin.

http://gallery.myff.org/gallery/856827/LOL_ICE_CAR_by_legendary117.jpg

Sol Valentine
Originally posted by FinalAnswer

TERRIBLE MEMORIES

NemeBro
Arakune is pretty easy to use IMO.

StyleTime
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
I cracked up at that.

NemeBro
I like to **** with noobs online, playing Jin and introducing myself as "Ice McCarson," before doing some srs bsns Ice Car for the win.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Esomark
Yeah, Jubei is bad ass! He's like the Kliff Undersn of BlazBlue.

We should make a petition!

SaTsuJiN
I cant for the life of me, seem to be able to get into this game

it just feels clunky and slow and unintuitive compared to aksys' other games.. am I just not understanding whats going on, or?

StyleTime
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I cant for the life of me, seem to be able to get into this game

it just feels clunky and slow and unintuitive compared to aksys' other games.. am I just not understanding whats going on, or?
I wondered how you felt about the game. I remember you being one of the few other fighting game fans here. Blaz Blue is slower overall than Guilty Gear if I'm not mistaken, so that may take some adjustment. I still sometimes forget to slow my input down when doing combos. It's annoying as hell when Lamba won't double jump after a j.5D in her standard juggle. It also might be the character you're using.

For the rest of you guys, I got some details on the balance patch from Dustloop. This information is from a location test, so it COULD change before the patch is released.

I am stepping out for bit right now, but I'll add some comments when I get back. I will say this though. They took notice of how bad Rachel is right now and she got some nice buffs in the patch. I am quite happy about that.

I put it in the form of a quote for readability.

First Loctest 9/9/10

:Ragna:

5D on grounded opponents no longer floats
3C is techable
5B>6A gattling is gone
Inferno Divider no longer has wall bounce
Belial edge doesn't bounce as high any more (can still follow up with a quick 5D)(?)

:Jin:

2C>5C gattling added (cannot re-input 2C)
B musou knocks down again

:Noel:

2C>5C gattling added (cannot re-input 2C)
j4D is damn fast. Crosses up on low height.
5D reduced invincibility frames

:Rachel:

Overall damage increased
5B>2B gattling added
6A activation speed increased
6B on counter slides
6B jump cancel possible on block
2C hit stop increased
5C>C now slides. Mid screen C lobelia>3D> Sword iris/BBL combos. In corner 5C>C>3C can be done for 2 loops.
j2C can be canceled into attacks on landing
Lobeilas come out even when hit
George has been changed (there's a frog gauge now)
Wind has longer recovery.
Tempest dahlia? what the heck is that?

:Tager:
Nothing known, something about his collider mechanics being revised

:Taokaka:

New jB, cat motion 2's animation for 2 hits
Old jB is now j2B
Taunt loop's been nerfed bad. it's now a joke.
Drives are more stiff(?), increased hit stop, more recovery.
Health increase

:Arakune:

Overall damage decreased
Guarded drive moves give less curse meter

:Litchi:

Can't cancel into 41236D.
More gattlings without staff
6A with staff must be RC otherwise no followups available
4D slides. follow up possible in corner
6D's level(?) decreased.
jC without staff is now techable

:Bang:

5B slower start up
2C slower start up
2B>5B gattling added. (cannot reinput 2B)
Heavenly phoenix thrust no longer wall bounces for both air and ground
3C is techable
Ashura slower start up, no more invincibility frames (?), has become a joke DD

:Carl:

2B>5B gattling added cannot re-input 2B)
Ada's gauge recovers slower
Untechable time on moves have changed, combos that work in v1.x does not work anymore

:Hakumen:

jD cannot be followed up
5D increased damage
Added Snowflake/dim light animation added to Yukikaze

:Lambda:

Blade summonings are slower
5DD activation slowed
5D is jump cancellable (not 5DD)
6A has faster start up (no chance to invincibility)
4D/4DD is jump cancellable, even on whiff
Gravity combos are easier
6B CH > 236C
Calamity Sword (632146D) has slower start up

:Tsubaki:

5D instantly gives 1 stock, but holding down D gives a slightly slower charge speed
2D starts out slow but the charge speed rapidly increases. More recovery
jD charge speed increased
5B more strong
2BB>5BB gattlings added (Cannot re-input 2BB)
236A start up time increased, higher proration
214A, B doesn't float opponent even when done by itself
623A on counter hit, untechable time decreased so cannot follow up
j236A has more startup, and can't be used in combos.
j236C has some lag when you land.
22D, whether charged or not, only knocks the opponent back (no wallbounce). From midscreen, you can combo with 236D. From the corner, you can just use normals
Cannot cancel into any move from throw, throw slides. mid screen do 236D to follow up, in corner can follow up with normal combos(?)
After air throw timing for follow up attacks more strict(?)

:Hazama:

Ouroboros start up and move speed slowed (although it really feel like there's no difference)
Ouroboros gauge takes longer to recover
5B level reduced. If 5B>3C is not inputted with the fastest timing it won't combo

:Mu:
None listed

:Makoto:

Parry cancel gone
5B faster start-up, can jump cancel even on block.

:Valkenhayn:

Drive name is Beowulf
"Step Character" - has reasonable range. Good at follow-ups while doing damage.
Cannot crouch/block in beast mode, does not automatically change direction (Must tap left/right)
5A, 2A - small punches
5B - kick
2B - low kick
6A - some kind of knee kick
6B - some kind of mid attack
5C - ridiculously long kick; reaches far
6C - flying kick; hits mid ; feet invincible; no disadvantages even on guard; crushing attack
2C - anti-air kick; fast startup; crushing attack
3C - knockdown kick
j.A, j.B - par for the course
j.C - downward kick; even Slayer would be surprised how good this is.
236A - called "Hell's Fang" - slight advantage on hit
236B - has B-follow-up; low rush
236C - "Upper"-type rush; hits mid
Beast A - low clawing motion
Beast B - stabs upward; head invincible
Beast j.A - clawing motion
Beast j.B - rages about in mid-air
Beast C - goes airborne quickly
Beast 236A, 236B - wolf charge; A moves horizontally, B moves diagonally upward
Beast 236D - command throw, 2300 damage
632146D - like Chipp's FujiyamaGeisha super; left defenseless if all hits are guarded
j.236236C - Chokkagata Dandy
214214214D - Astral Heat ; launches opponent, transforms,

Esomark
We should make a petition!

Hell yeah! Ragna did make a meta-reference regarding Jubei in Miss Litchi Reloaded but that's not enough.

Just looked up a clip of Valkenhayn's gameplay after seeing beast mode listed under him. Whoa, he turns into a wolf and crashes into his enemies Jon Talbain style!

StyleTime
Well, my hopes for Lambda turning back into Nu aren't totally crushed. I think it's BS that the swords/spike chaser speed was lowered, BUT I am quite happy now that Lambda's 4DD and 5D are jump cancellable. I doubt 4DD will remain cancellable on whiff, but I can dream.

NemeBro
Kind of like how not too much of Hakumen was changed, liked where he was before, and his standard counter getting an increase in damage is good news indeed.

Also **** you and your Nu loving bullshit Styletime. estahuh

NemeBro
In case anyone cares, gameplay for Valkenhayn is out.

sdO-mHC5Ncs

Really like his playstyle, also is a werewolf and stuff.

Man, I hate the chaarcter designs in this. I like some of them, like Noel's. Most of them just look to... generically Japanese exaggerated, I guess.

NemeBro
Like which ones?

It'd be easier for me to list all the people who's designs I like, tbh.

Noel
Hakumen
Ragna(kinda)
Hazama

Everyone else is just like "meh". I don't reeeaalyyy mind the monster-esque people like Arakune because he's like a creature thing, but, a lot of the human/humanoid designs are just too crazy or loli.

NemeBro
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

Noel
Hakumen
Ragna(kinda)
Hazama

Everyone else is just like "meh". I don't reeeaalyyy mind the monster-esque people like Arakune because he's like a creature thing, but, a lot of the human/humanoid designs are just too crazy or loli. Ragna is one of the designs I do not particularly care for. no expression

Not even BANG SHISHIGAMI?

You're clearly a bad person.

SaTsuJiN
In case anyone cares, gameplay for Valkenhayn is out.

sdO-mHC5Ncs

Really like his playstyle, also is a werewolf and stuff.

so.. talbain+slayer.. amirite

Zack Fair
So how bad are the changes for the first localization test? Is it as bad as SSF4's changes crippling certain chars at high level play?

NemeBro
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
so.. talbain+slayer.. amirite Pretty much yeah. no expression

StyleTime
Kind of like how not too much of Hakumen was changed, liked where he was before, and his standard counter getting an increase in damage is good news indeed.

Also **** you and your Nu loving bullshit Styletime. estahuh
I am suprised actually. Apart from Bang and Litchi, Hakumen like....rocks the rest of the cast. I'm surprised they didn't toss some nerfs his way. Instead, they SLOW DOWN LAMBDA'S SWORDS! WTF!?

She will return. I will be there with open arms. Then I will shoot swords through your TV.
Man, I hate the chaarcter designs in this. I like some of them, like Noel's. Most of them just look to... generically Japanese exaggerated, I guess.
I'm in it more for the gameplay mechanics. Aesthetics aren't much more than a bonus for me in fighting games; Arcana Heart is one of my favorites for crying out loud.

I can actually understand the position somewhat, so don't take that as a criticism. Your complaint is actually quite common. Still, series like BlazBlue/Guilty Gear/Arcana Heart and their ilk all get hated on in the West despite being fantastic games. sad

Lambda-11
Mu-12
Nu-13
Rachel

Everyone else, except Arakune, is just like "meh".
I couldn't help but notice you had a pretty big typo there. I fixed it though. All is well.
Originally posted by Zack Fair
So how bad are the changes for the first localization test? Is it as bad as SSF4's changes crippling certain chars at high level play?
It's hard to say if they are crippled just yet, but they've definitely targeted the top tier. To be honest, most people agree Jin and Lambda were probably the most balanced people in the cast. Some think everyone should just be nerfed or boosted to their level, and we'd be good.

Even still, THEY ****ING SLOW DOWN LAMBDA'S SWORDS! WTF!?

NemeBro
I am suprised actually. Apart from Bang and Litchi, Hakumen like....rocks the rest of the cast. I'm surprised they didn't toss some nerfs his way. Instead, they SLOW DOWN LAMBDA'S SWORDS! WTF!?

She will return. I will be there with open arms. Then I will shoot swords through your TV.

Aesthetics aren't much more than a bonus for me in fighting games, but your complaint is actually quite common. I can actually understand the position somewhat, so don't take that as a criticism. Still, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, Arcana Heart and their ilk all get hated on despite being fantastic games. sad

I'm in it more for the mechnics in the game. I'd play a stick figure fighting game provided the system was good and enjoyable.

I couldn't help but notice you had a pretty big typo there. I fixed it though. All is well.

It's hard to say if they are crippled just yet, but they've definitely targeted the top tier. To be honest, most people agree Jin and Lambda were probably the most balanced people in the cast. Some think everyone should just be nerfed or boosted to their level, and we'd be good.

Even still, THEY ****ING SLOW DOWN LAMBDA'S SWORDS! WTF!? Hakumen deserves to, after being bottom tier. That was some bullshit. estahuh

Well, given the true ending, Nu technically will return, she just will only be a shell of her former self, I for one hope she gets the Rachel treatment. 131

I was not aware that Guilty Gear in particular was hated on, Blazblue mebbe, but Guilty Gear?

Same, I prefer the gameplay of Blazblue and GG to other fighting games.

You got some kinda of fetish for the Murakumo units sir? 131

... Could not really blame you. no expression Also Rachel is one of my favorite characters, so meh.

Lol umad?

The sad part is that it took me like 5 minutes to figure out what you did.

StyleTime
Well, given the true ending, Nu technically will return, she just will only be a shell of her former self, I for one hope she gets the Rachel treatment. 131

I was not aware that Guilty Gear in particular was hated on, Blazblue mebbe, but Guilty Gear?

You got some kinda of fetish for the Murakumo units sir? 131

... Could not really blame you. no expression Also Rachel is one of my favorite characters, so meh.

uhuh

I meant that in the competitive sense. Tekken can pull 100+ players even in like.....backwater area tournaments. I usually see BlazBlue with 20 on a good day.

I really like the way they play.

Rachel is coolznite, in gameplay anyway.
The sad part is that it took me like 5 minutes to figure out what you did.
That is how good I am.

Here are some stats for Valkenhayn. He has rather low hp.

-Health - 10000
-Guard Primers - 4
-Moves that take Guard Primer - 6C, 236C, j.214B
-Fatal Counter - 6B, 6C
-Drive: Wehrwolf. Switches between human and wolf form. The Wolf Gauge drains while in wolf form and refills while in human form. Wolf form cannot be used if the Wolf Gauge is empty.

*Notes*
-doesn't dash, hops forward like Hakumen.
-good at Wolf mode follow-up combos
-cannot crouch or block in Wolf mode
-does not automatically turn around in Wolf mode - must hit left or right to change direction. Since he can't block, hitting back just keeps him moving while away from the opponent
-cannot throw, so he relies on command throw. May be unable to throw-reject as well.
-Moves done during wolf mode are marked with a

NemeBro
uhuh

I meant that in the competitive sense. Tekken can pull 100+ players even in like.....backwater area tournaments. I usually see BlazBlue with 20 on a good day.

I really like the way they play.

Rachel is coolznite, in gameplay anyway. Ah, I see. Yeah, mainstream and all that.

To be honest so do I, but I can admit Nu was cheap.

I suck total ass with Rachel honestly. no expression Both games.

StyleTime

StyleTime
I can't say I am pleased with whatever the **** they think they're doing with Lambda. She and Jin were considered equals on the tier list, yet Jin gets nothing but good stuff thrown his way. Lambda is just left out in the cold. Sexism maybe?

Gravity Seed losing full invincibility means she has no real reversal anymore. Calamity Sword requires heat.

It's like they sat around going "Lambda has a reversal with a 16 second cooldown? NERF DAT BIYATCH!"

W...T...F?

NemeBro
Hahahahahaha!

StyleTime
Ok so I kinda got lazy and totally missed the 3rd location test. Lambda actually got some nice buffs for once too.
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?10307-BBCS-LokeTest-3-Oct.-16th-2010-Discussion.

Anyway, here are the changes from the 4th location test. This is supposed to be the final test.
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?10350-BBCS2-Loketest-4-Oct.-23-Discussion-(NO-COMPLAINING)

Lambda gets it from behind yet again, but at least Mu got some buffs. I am worried about j2C being techable though.

It also seems like the entire cast now has at least one air unblockable attack now.

StyleTime
Well, looks like they opted for a fifth location test. I'll post the system changes here, but I can post specific characters if someone wants.
Originally posted by dustloop
System/Misc. Changes and Info:
* New mechanic: Corner Bound. Red effect appears when they hit the corner, they fall down like they got hit with a knockdown. Most interesting property is the untechable time buff, most of the moves that corner bounce are untechable in air.
* System announcer changed again evidently even worse w/r/t engrish.
* New opening theme (watch here)
* All characters' Counter Assaults have a gap added into them, making them hard to use.
* Instant Block: down to 2-3 frames less of recovery instead of 5.
* Meter increase penalty time increased, in other words, you get back meter much slower after you cause meter actions
* There is a single player mode called "Unlimited Wars", its pretty much the score attack mode but all your opponents are unlimited characters

This corner bound thing seems pretty big. Thoughts?

Also, I am worried about how strong Jin is going to be this time around. He's gotten buffed like mad.

No End N Site
Haz has got the "pimp limp"!

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/RizkiTheDreamer/Smooth-Hazama-Big.gif

C'mere *****!

StyleTime
hahahaha.

I never noticed that before with Hazama.

Oh yeah, and Hakumen has no confirmed corner bound moves. So **** you Nemebro.

NemeBro
Oh yeah, and Hakumen has no confirmed corner bound moves. So **** you Nemebro. estahuh

Cyner
Long time no see on this thread but I've been getting back into BBCS lately and after CS2 a lot of things changed. Anyone still play?

StyleTime
I fell out of the loop( haha "loop"wink a little bit ago, but I do plan to jump back onboard. I like this game.

Also, a Tsubaki player won SBO. mmm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.