Ozymandias versus John Preston...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
For you, Dominic heartbeat (and remember, it's all in good fun)

Ozymandias is the king of the sense offenders. John Preston has been assigned to apprehend/kill him. John Preston finds out where Ozy's Antarctic lair is and flies there to apprehend/kill him.

Preston enters the lair and sees Ozy at his desk, doing whatever. Ozy looks up, nods, and stands up.

Preston "I was sent to kill you, but if you come along quietly, we can avoid that."

Ozymandias "**** you, I'm gay."

The fight is on. Ozymandias is wearing his armor and is gay. Preston has his twin pistols. Preston has no idea on what Ozy can do (his feats/capabilities), vice versa for Ozy, he has no idea what Gun Kata is.

Basically they know nothing of each other. To Ozy, Preston is just a cop. To Preston, Ozy is just a gay sense offender.

Robtard
How far are they apart?

Rogue Jedi
Hmm.....Let's say twenty feet, and Ozy has all kinds of pillars and shit to use as cover. Let's say the pillars line the area in a circle and are all tenish feet apart.

Robtard
That is a very odd room, even for a gay uber-genius.

Rogue Jedi
Help me out then, *****.

Robtard
Use the room where Ozymandias fought fat-boy and the midget?

Use another place in Watchmen?

Use the final room where Preston fought. Say Preston walks in on Ozymandias corn-holing Father to death over that desk?

Your thread, chief.

edit: Also, I believe Ozymandias would be too in control of himself to lash out with a "**** you!"

Rogue Jedi
Ok.

Scenario one: Use the room where Ozymandias fought fat-boy and the midget.

Scenario two: The final room where Preston fought. Preston walks in on Ozymandias corn-holing Father to death over that desk. In this scenario, Ozy hasn't came yet, so he is still at full strength, and he gets to put his tool away.

Robtard
I think Veidt would get tagged and dropped before he closed in on #1, considering the distance. Though the body armor is a factor.

With his speed advantage and using the desk, chair or Father's corpse as a thrown weapon, I think he could close the shorter distance and kick Preston through the doors and hallway in #2.

Rogue Jedi
Well, you gotta remember they know nothing of each other. If Ozy does the bullet catching and playing dead act, he might fool Preston.

What are the specs on his armor?

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Well, you gotta remember they know nothing of each other. If Ozy does the bullet catching and playing dead act, he might fool Preston.

What are the specs on his armor?

That's a factor, playing possum.

No idea. If it's as tough as his glove, it can stop bullets. In the graphic novel, fool did it bare-handed.

Rogue Jedi
Never mind, Preston aint gonna fall for the banana in the tailpipe trick.

dadudemon
How DARE you make my two fanboy characters fight, John. How. Dare. You!!!

Preston wins, with ease, though, as he has two fully automatic pistols. Ozy can dodge a single bullet after it was fired; Preston can dodge many bullets, after they are fired.

Speed goes to Preston, with ease.

Since Preston has two fully automatic weapons and is a dead-eye shot when he's looking (polygraph room vs. hallway: Preston took out everyone in that polygraph room, without missing, beacuse he was looking. In the hallway, it missed, several times, but wasn't looking, at times), this is an easy victory.

Ozy is still smarter, by far.

Rogue Jedi
I'm with Rob on this one. Ozy could easily pull a YuLaw and use dude as a shield.

dadudemon
Scenario two: The final room where Preston fought. Preston walks in on Ozymandias corn-holing Father to death over that desk. In this scenario, Ozy hasn't came yet, so he is still at full strength, and he gets to put his tool away.

Just saw this...

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Oh man...

That's so absurdly funny.

I can't believe...

Oh boy. laughing

Rogue Jedi
Thank the Robtard.

KingD19
I'm with Rob on this one. Ozy could easily pull a YuLaw and use dude as a shield.

Well, unless he holds his body directly in front of his...then he's getting hit.

Rogue Jedi
Uh huh?

KingD19
Uh huh?

What I mean is, unless Ozy can somehow get him up and position him so that his body is completely covered by the dead guys body, like his arms are covered by the dead guys arms...he's getting hit.

Rogue Jedi
Or he could throw the body at Preston, close the gap as Preston dodges, and then begin cornholing Preston.

KingD19
Or he could throw the body at Preston, close the gap as Preston dodges, and then begin cornholing Preston.

Preston could duck or dodge, and still be shooting as he does so. Or he could just dive clean over the body, and do his bullet time thingy.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, and is aim will be just as efficient roll eyes (sarcastic) Lotsa places to hide in Ozy's lair, lotsa cover. If Ozy gets behind them, Preston is ****ed.

Darth Martin
I'm sorry but how is Preston supposed to hit Veidt. His armor is clearly bulletproof(his glove stopped a bullet at point blank range) and Veidt is clearly capable of evading bullets. As soon as Veidt closes the distance Preston(who is impressive himself in martial arts) is ****ed.

KingD19
Did Preston use armor piercing rounds, or were they standard? Haven't seen the movie in years.

And he can just wait him out....Ozy might be able to catch a bullet from a girl whose never shot a gun before...but Preston is different. He's a man...who has shot a gun before.

Rogue Jedi
Standard rounds. I dunno. Cop killers!!!

Darth Martin
Don't really see how experience makes a difference of whether or not he can catch a bullet. He caught it at point blank range. If Veidt can deal with bullets from point blank range-15 feet onscreen then I'm sure any more distance is a cakewalk for him. None of which is any good for Preston.

Robtard
He also watched Silke pull the trigger, that clearly helped his timing. He's no Beast or Zohan, if that's what you're implying.

Rogue Jedi
Ozy's gay.

BruceSkywalker
Preston goes down hard here

Rogue Jedi
I think so.

RE: Blaxican
Originally posted by Robtard
Use the room where Ozymandias fought fat-boy and the midget?

Use another place in Watchmen?

Use the final room where Preston fought. Say Preston walks in on Ozymandias corn-holing Father to death over that desk?

Your thread, chief.

edit: Also, I believe Ozymandias would be too in control of himself to lash out with a "**** you!"

What the hell is wrong with you?!

Rogue Jedi
haermm

Robtard
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
What the hell is wrong with you?!

You're black.

Rogue Jedi
aaahahahahhaa

dadudemon
Well, it's obvious that no one here has ever shot anyone: those bullets would go right through the body like it was butter.

There's really nothing Veidt can do to stop those bullets from killing him.

Vedit may be fast enough and smart enough to catch ONE bullet, but not tons and tons of bullets.

He has many portions of his body uncovered and ready to be shot. Preston is a dead-eye shot, even when he isn't looking. This is hardly a contest, at all. I think this was intened to be a good match-up but it is spite in favor of Preston. In fact, Veidt against anyone like Preston (Agent Zero, Violet, Wesley Gibson, etc) is a spite thread.

Veidt is only good against people with pistols that are not superhuman with guns: McClane, Riggs, etc.

Veidt is completely ****ed if the bullets Preston used were armor piercing rounds: highly likely since he tore right through he fully suited military that were equipped to take on "insurgents" that were equipped with fully automatic assault rifles.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
Well, it's obvious that no one here has ever shot anyone: those bullets would go right through the body like it was butter.

There's really nothing Veidt can do to stop those bullets from killing him.

Vedit may be fast enough and smart enough to catch ONE bullet, but not tons and tons of bullets.

He has many portions of his body uncovered and ready to be shot. Preston is a dead-eye shot, even when he isn't looking. This is hardly a contest, at all. I think this was intened to be a good match-up but it is spite in favor of Preston. In fact, Veidt against anyone like Preston (Agent Zero, Violet, Wesley Gibson, etc) is a spite thread.

Veidt is only good against people with pistols that are not superhuman with guns: McClane, Riggs, etc.

Veidt is completely ****ed if the bullets Preston used were armor piercing rounds: highly likely since he tore right through he fully suited military that were equipped to take on "insurgents" that were equipped with fully automatic assault rifles.

John Prestons pistols are 9mm, dude. Learn your calibers.

The rest of your post is poopoo.

Robtard

gPrfOmgELVo

Rogue Jedi
gPrfOmgELVo Mhm, but it is never stated in Equilibrium that he uses armor piercing rounds wink

Aaaaahahahahahhaahhaaa big grin

Robtard
Mhm, but it is never stated in Equilibrium that he uses armor piercing rounds wink

Aaaaahahahahahhaahhaaa big grin

I was just showing that 9mm and armor piercing in a hand-gun are possible, so just accpet I wiped my poop covered penis across your lower lip, son. But yes, it isn't stated in the film.

If we look back at some clips, it does look like the fascist-police are wearing body-armor though. It'd need further investigation.

Rogue Jedi
I was just showing that 9mm and armor piercing in a hand-gun are possible. But yes, it isn't stated.

If we look back at some clips, it does look like the fascist-police are wearing body-armor though. It'd need further investigation.

They could be wearing ten layers of clone trooper armor, bottom line is that Preston is never shown using armor piercing rounds. Neither is HG. Preston uses plain old fashioned 9mm rounds.

Robtard
They could be wearing ten layers of clone trooper armor, bottom line is that Preston is never shown using armor piercing rounds. Neither is HG. Preston uses plain old fashioned 9mm rounds.

Whats more plausible?

A) Military-like police from the future wearing what looks like body-armor but it's useless and just for show

B) It is in fact what it looks like, body-armor and Preston uses AP rounds to increase his lethality

KingD19
Whats more plausible?

A) Military-like police from the future wearing what looks like body-armor but it's useless and just for show

B) It is in fact what it looks like, body-armor and Preston uses AP rounds to increase his lethality

B right?

Rogue Jedi
Whats more plausible?

I'm gonna go with C. C being the fact that you are trying in vain to give Preston a weapon he was never shown using.

kZzQ9BF_mKE

All I see are a buncha idiots wearing trenchcoats.

Robtard
I'm gonna go with C. C being the fact that you are trying in vain to give Preston a weapon he was never shown using.

All I see are a buncha idiots wearing trenchcoats.

I was referring to the hallway scene, the guys that were guarding the Father.

Like I said in the first post, it'd need further investigation; if I'm wrong in what those cats were wearing, sure. Just 9mm.

Edit: I looked, can't see any body-armor clearly. So standard 9mm.

Rogue Jedi
I was referring to the hallway scene, the guys that were guarding the Father.

Like I said in the first post, it'd need further investigation; if I'm wrong in what those cats were wearing, sure. Just 9mm.

Coupla questions:

Was Preston ever shown loading his weapons with armor piercing rounds?

Was it ever said that Preston uses armor piercing rounds?

Answer those questions and you'll have the answer to the question of whether or not Preston uses armor piercing rounds.

Robtard
Coupla questions:

Was Preston ever shown loading his weapons with armor piercing rounds?

Was it ever said that Preston uses armor piercing rounds?

Answer those questions and you'll have the answer to the question of whether or not Preston uses armor piercing rounds.

I was posing the idea based on what his guns shot through; if he happened to shoot through body-armor, then it's logical to assume he has AP rounds, ass-hat.

But as I just said above, I was wrong with what the guys in the hallway were wearing.

Rogue Jedi
I was posing the idea based on what his guns shot through; if he happened to shoot through body-armor, then it's logical to assume he has AP rounds, ass-hat.

But as I just said above, I was wrong with what the guys in the hallway were wearing.

"Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggs!!!! Cop killers!!!!"

dadudemon

The rest of your post is poopoo.

So you think that stating the caliber of the bullets changes EVERYTHING in the my post?

laughing laughing laughing

Learn your calibers:

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/9mm%20vs%2045.htm

Looks at the deer pictures: the 9MM rounds completely penetrated the deer, going right through the thicket portion of the animal. In case you were wondering: a deer has a thicket hide than a human (significantly) and it has to also go through the thick fur. Both of those slow the bullet down, considerably, and yet, the 9MM round goes right through?

What did we learn from this? A 9mm round has a penetration depth of 12-14" in ballistics gel and most shots will go right through a human like they were butter. The exception is if it hits a dense bone such as the femur.

Of course, this is really a moot point because we had to give Veidt extra protection against someone that will destroy him, anyway. This means that you knew Preston would win.

BTW, the guns Preston used. Guess what they were:

Beretta 92Fs.

Guess what catridges they shoot? .40 and 9mm. Guess what? A .40 has better penetration power than a 9mm.

Double edit - Get this, some 9mm rounds have huge penetration capability: and that's the non-armor piercing rounds.

In other words, learn your calibers before you tell other sto learn theirs: it will keep you from looking like an ignorant pontificator (the worst kind of pontificator, btw.)

Whats more plausible?

Correct. More likely, a military force form the future guarding against a known 9mm round user, is wearing body armor. Even if they weren't, they are covered head to toe with quite a bit of leather and clothes: that can greatly assist in keeping the bullets off of them.

What really hurts RJ's case is the hall scene: some of hte bullets travel right through the troops and into the walls, making it obvious that they are either Armor piercing rounds or they aren't wearing enough to stop the bullets form doing what I said they would do: travel right through a dead body. erm

dadudemon
Well, I just noticed something: those biker cops are not cops: they are Clerics.

You can't see it very well in the shitty youtube videos. You need a high quality vid to see that they are wearing the "grayish" suits that the clerics wear.

So why did Preston miss one of the Clerics? Oh, that's right: cause he was using Gun Kata against preston. hahahahahaha pwned. They are all clerics, like I said they were. Preston is just absurdly better than everyone else.

Rogue Jedi
So you think that stating the caliber of the bullets changes EVERYTHING in the my post?

laughing laughing laughing

Learn your calibers:

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/9mm%20vs%2045.htm
Let's see, Preston's pistol is an M9. The penetrating power really depends on the grain of the bullet. When I said "learn your calibers", I meant learn the different types of bullets per caliber. It's obvious that you are assuming that Preston is using super duper hollowpoint hydrashock cop killers.

9mm>>>penetration.
.45>>>>stopping power.

Neat!!

And what extra protection is this?

Most google links say they are M9's, some say 92f's. Shall we settle for Beretta 9mm's?

Grains, dude, grains.

More speculating? K.

Rogue Jedi
Well, I just noticed something: those biker cops are not cops: they are Clerics.

You can't see it very well in the shitty youtube videos. You need a high quality vid to see that they are wearing the "grayish" suits that the clerics wear.

So why did Preston miss one of the Clerics? Oh, that's right: cause he was using Gun Kata against preston. hahahahahaha pwned. They are all clerics, like I said they were. Preston is just absurdly better than everyone else. They most certainly were not clerics. Clerics are gonna sit there like dolts and watch as Preston blows hem away?

And the dude that ran, that was gun kata? haermm THAT was him running for his life.

They were cops, dude, that's all.

Rogue Jedi
Here, check it:

MW5ab4UKaG0

Look at all the cover Ozy has. With his bullet dodging speed, there's no way in hell Preston tags him before he:

A: Reaches cover

B: Takes cover behind the desk (see the OP)

Once A or B happens, Preston is screwed. Ozy caught a bullet FFS.

Robtard

So why did Preston miss one of the Clerics? Oh, that's right: cause he was using Gun Kata against preston. hahahahahaha pwned. They are all clerics, like I said they were. Preston is just absurdly better than everyone else.

This was implied in the practice sword fight between Preston and Brandt, even though Preston lost due to being out of whack from coming off the Prozium and having to deal with emotions for the first time.

Also of note, their are different levels within the Cleric circle, as Preston states he's a "Cleric of the highest order" a couple times in the film.

Rogue Jedi
This was implied in the practice sword fight between Preston and Brandt, even though Preston lost due to being out of whack from coming off the Prozium and having to deal with emotions for the first time. I always thought Preston was holding back on purpose.

dadudemon
Let's see, Preston's pistol is an M9. The penetrating power really depends on the grain of the bullet. When I said "learn your calibers", I meant learn the different types of bullets per caliber. It's obvious that you are assuming that Preston is using super duper hollowpoint hydrashock cop killers.

9mm>>>penetration.
.45>>>>stopping power.

Neat!!

And what extra protection is this?

Most google links say they are M9's, some say 92f's. Shall we settle for Beretta 9mm's?

Grains, dude, grains.

More speculating? K.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0238380/trivia?tr0742299

"The pistols used by the Grammaton Clerics are Beretta 92Fs (not Beretta M93Rs, as some believe) converted to automatic-fire. Many other modifications were made, including changing the disassembly lever into a fire mode selector, lengthening the barrel and adding a compensator to the barrel. The occasional Tetragrammaton Cross shaped muzzle flashes were computer animated."

Then end.

And, no, I'm only assuming that they are regular ol' 9mm rounds with the possibility that they are APRs.

So, instead of admitting your were not only wrong, but you were wrong about telling me to learn my shit, you just reply with a "neat." erm You really can't admit you were wrong?

No, we will settle for 92Fs because that was what was used. The end.

How about admitting fault? That'd be a nice change.

While you speculate to a less probable gimpy outcome to suit your fanboyism, we'll be over here, speculating at the most probable outcomes, k? It will work out: trust me.

They most certainly were not clerics. Clerics are gonna sit there like dolts and watch as Preston blows hem away?

And the dude that ran, that was gun kata? haermm THAT was him running for his life.

They were cops, dude, that's all.

No, they were clerics. Stop gimping to fit your fanboyism. You're now ignoring what was seen on screen.

And, yes, it was gun kata. smile Preston ran to avoid gunfire, why can't other clerics? erm

Rogue Jedi
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0238380/trivia?tr0742299

"The pistols used by the Grammaton Clerics are Beretta 92Fs (not Beretta M93Rs, as some believe) converted to automatic-fire. Many other modifications were made, including changing the disassembly lever into a fire mode selector, lengthening the barrel and adding a compensator to the barrel. The occasional Tetragrammaton Cross shaped muzzle flashes were computer animated."

Then end.

And, no, I'm only assuming that they are regular ol' 9mm rounds with the possibility that they are APRs.

So, instead of admitting your were not only wrong, but you were wrong about telling me to learn my shit, you just reply with a "neat." erm You really can't admit you were wrong?

No, we will settle for 92Fs because that was what was used. The end.

How about admitting fault? That'd be a nice change.

While you speculate to a less probable gimpy outcome to suit your fanboyism, we'll be over here, speculating at the most probable outcomes, k? It will work out: trust me.

So you posted a link that says they are 92F's. Look at many of the others that say M9 roll eyes (sarcastic)

Since you say you are assuming Preston is using plain old fashioned 9mm rounds, we finally agree on something.

Funny, you calling me a fanboy.

Robtard
I always thought Preston was holding back on purpose.

No, the new emotions were ****ing with his mojo.

Rogue Jedi

No, they were clerics. Stop gimping to fit your fanboyism. You're now ignoring what was seen on screen.

And, yes, it was gun kata. smile Preston ran to avoid gunfire, why can't other clerics? erm
No, Preston danced around like John Travolta. That was gun kata.

The guys in the trench coats? They either stood there like morons, or ran for their lives like cockroaches when the light is switched on.

Cops, not clerics.

Rogue Jedi
No, the new emotions were ****ing with his mojo. Silly me, I forgot that part, where he said to himself "Oh man this is all new."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.