Iron Man vs Superman with a twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
The twist: IM discovers how to recreate the properties of Caps shield, and makes it into armor.

Who wins?

Johnny Sorrow
After Tony turns into the invincible tank, how will he hit Superman?

amnesia
lol, stalemate or superman BFR

Black bolt z
Superman can still win with ease.He can just turn IM's suit into a pressure cooker.

Stoic
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Superman can still win with ease.He can just turn IM's suit into a pressure cooker.

That wouldn't work.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
After Tony turns into the invincible tank, how will he hit Superman? the same way that solomon grundry lobo hercules heman and every other no speed characters have tagged him.
were do people get this notion that "how will he hit superman" when all kinds of slow people has roll eyes (sarcastic)

Harbinger
Supes wins.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Stoic
That wouldn't work. Why not?Vibranium doesn't conduct heat.

carver9
How can anyone without matter manipulating abilities beat Tony in a suit like this?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by carver9
How can anyone without matter manipulating abilities beat Tony in a suit like this? By roasting tony inside the suit?

carver9
Why not?Vibranium doesn't conduct heat.

Yes it does. It absorbs it. Cap arm would have been burnt to dust by now if it wasnt for his shield absorbing heat. Hell, Cap shield has absorbed a nova blast from Flame on... a continuous nova shot from Firelord... heat vision from Gladiator... etc...

chomperx9
what ever happened to superman speedblitzing ?

carver9
By roasting tony inside the suit?

Hes not roasting anything... Vibranium absorbs ALL energy and impacts.

Stoic
Why not?Vibranium doesn't conduct heat.

Exactly my point.

Black bolt z
Yes it does. It absorbs it. Cap arm would have been burnt to dust by now if it wasnt for his shield absorbing heat. Hell, Cap shield has absorbed a nova blast from Flame on... a continuous nova shot from Firelord... heat vision from Gladiator... etc... Sorry I meant it does.But does it absorb it all?

Colossus-Big C
theres absolutly no way superman wins here sans BFR

carver9
Sorry I meant it does.But does it absorb it all?

Yes and this has been proven countless of times. Superman isnt melting or doing anything heat wise to Tony in this suit. If that shield can take direct hits from Surfer and block blast from Thanos, heat vision is the less of Vibranium worries.

And PLEASE do not say strength is breaking it.

carver9
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
theres absolutly no way superman wins here sans BFR

And this is why I give Superman the majority in this scenerio... he is faster than Ironman and would land the first throw which would toss Ironman miles.

chomperx9
Yes and this has been proven countless of times. Superman isnt melting or doing anything heat wise to Tony in this suit. If that shield can take direct hits from Surfer and block blast from Thanos, heat vision is the less of Vibranium worries.

And PLEASE do not say strength is breaking it. supermans strength could tear off the armor. not break it but still pull each part off individually

carver9
Originally posted by chomperx9
supermans strength could tear off the armor. not break it but still pull each part off individually

Now I agree with this but I was under the notion that he was compacted well in that suit... Vibranium from head to toe but if not... this is another way for him to win.

Black bolt z
supermans strength could tear off the armor. not break it but still pull each part off individually Don't think it works like that.If it did it would happen more often.

Stoic
Sorry I meant it does.But does it absorb it all?

Yep, his shield has taken more than Supes has in his tank. Notice how pleased he was touch the shield, and how he would have been incinerated by Krona's blast had he not been holding the shield (ref JLA/Avengers). And no can't bend it either, he noticed how strong it was, and in a test of durability between Supermans neck vs the Shield wielded by Tyrant, Superman would lose his head. Hey Wonder Woamans tiar nearly cut his head off, I'm sure that the shield would be able to do the same.

chomperx9
Now I agree with this but I was under the notion that he was compacted well in that suit... Vibranium from head to toe but if not... this is another way for him to win. if its attached on to his body 100% then thats a bigger problem for stark cause then if superman is trying to remove a leg piece of the armor starks leg is going along with it.

carver9
if its attached on to his body 100% then thats a bigger problem for stark cause then if superman is trying to remove a leg piece of the armor starks leg is going along with it.

No its not... show me Cap shield breaking by just physical strength.

Black bolt z
Punching is out of the question because the shield would just absorb the vibrations.

Colossus-Big C
vibranium can ta

-Pr-
Yep, his shield has taken more than Supes has in his tank. Notice how pleased he was touch the shield, and how he would have been incinerated by Krona's blast had he not been holding the shield (ref JLA/Avengers). And no can't bend it either, he noticed how strong it was, and in a test of durability between Supermans neck vs the Shield wielded by Tyrant, Superman would lose his head. Hey Wonder Woamans tiar nearly cut his head off, I'm sure that the shield would be able to do the same.

the tiara was magically empowered. not the same thing.

meh, stalemate. he can't hurt tony, and tony can wail on him all day and not hurt him.

chomperx9
No its not... show me Cap shield breaking by just physical strength. i didnt say anything about the armor breaking. I said it could be pulled off with supes strength

Stoic
if its attached on to his body 100% then thats a bigger problem for stark cause then if superman is trying to remove a leg piece of the armor starks leg is going along with it.

If the joints aren't bonded together with the same materials as the plate armor that is. If they are Superman could be resisted in his attempts to pry apart a very strong compound.

Iron-man let's not forget would more than likely be able to hit far harder than normal in a suit of similar design. It possible that Supes could be knocked for a loop, he'd most likely win by somehow driving Tony into the center of a planet, but he's not going to be walking in there punching pieces of the armor off. On board computer targetting would also be one of Tony's weapons against Superman giving him reaction times greater than Batman or Captain America, Superman would get tagged a few times. This would not be a stomp.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-

meh, stalemate. he can't hurt tony, and tony can wail on him all day and not hurt him.

I agree with this but I still think that Superman is fast enough to BFR him for a 10/10.

Stoic

Superman was cut by a being just as durable as himself (Doomsday) DD isn't magical.

carver9
Superman was cut by a being just as durable as himself (Doomsday) DD isn't magical.

Despero also cut him across the face with his claws. confused

Sorry PR.

-Pr-

Despero also cut him across the face with his claws. confused

Sorry PR.

they both have strength Tony doesn't, even with his armour upgrade.

chomperx9
If the joints aren't bonded together with the same materials as the plate armor that is. If they are Superman could be resisted in his attempts to pry apart a very strong compound.

Iron-man let's not forget would more than likely be able to hit far harder than normal in a suit of similar design. It possible that Supes could be knocked for a loop, he'd most likely win by somehow driving Tony into the center of a planet, but he's not going to be walking in there punching pieces of the armor off. On board computer targetting would also be one of Tony's weapons against Superman giving him a reactions than Batman or Captain America, Superman would get tagged a few times. This would not be a stomp. Superman would react faster than stark checking out the status on the computer

carver9

I agree...

Stoic

My point was a comparison of durability, and I was saying that in a test of durability between Superman's neck vs the Shield wielded by Tyrant, Superman would lose his head.I then said that if Wonder Woman's tiara nearly cut his head off, I'm sure that the shield would be able to do the same. While in Tyrants hands, because if Superman could resist being hit by the shield in Tyrant's hands to no effect, surely the shield would break. One of them would, I just know that it wouldn't be the shield, based on panel evidence.

-Pr-
My point was a comparison of durability, and I was saying that in a test of durability between Superman's neck vs the Shield wielded by Tyrant, Superman would lose his head.I then said that if Wonder Woman's tiara nearly cut his head off, I'm sure that the shield would be able to do the same. While in Tyrants hands, because if Superman could resist being hit by the shield in Tyrant's hands to no effect, surely the shield would break. One of them would, I just know that it wouldn't be the shield, based on panel evidence.

That's down to their strength, though, not their durability. If Tony threw the shield at Kal's neck, it would most likely just bounce off.

chomperx9
yeah stark maybe more durable in this armor suit but it doesnt make him stronger

Colossus-Big C
That's down to their strength, though, not their durability. If Tony threw the shield at Kal's neck, it would most likely just bounce off. hasnt cap with just peak human strength been able to give uber guys pause by hitting them with the shield?

Stoic

Tony once flattened the Hulk in one hit, forgot the issue but it was the Deodata, Incredible Hulk era. He could have loads of strength, he won't win the fight, but Superman stomping him out as soon as the fight starts won't happen.

No it wouldn't just bounce off, it would knock him through a building... to no effect, but he wouldn't just stand there and tank it like the Classic Juggernaut types would..

cdtm

Equus didn't seem so strong, considering Val Armorr kicked through his limbs, and he still managed to cut Superman.

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
Equus didn't seem so strong, considering Val Armorr kicked through his limbs, and he still managed to cut Superman.

Angel bones... his claws was magical. confused

Lord Feron
Can superman kind os swing Ironman around like a crazy centrifuge and **** up stark inside?

Or supes takes Iron for a crazy loopy ride and IM gets dizzy and passes out?

the ninjak
What if Tony used his Archilles Needle. But made it for Kryptonian DNA.

Let those nanos fly and stab Supes to death with a dagger and projectiles made out of vampire teeth. thumb up

Alot of vampires running around these days in Marvel. Perfect .

tideoftime
As stated by others: Superman, via BFR and Speed, or after a *very* dragged out fight, where Tony, himself, succumbs to fatigue. IM can get a win or two via his version of the Batkick (the above mentioned Achilles Needle, attuned to Kryptonian DNA, or a Red-Solar simulator/plasma blaster, or similar Bat-ass-ery...)

carver9
Originally posted by tideoftime
As stated by others: Superman, via BFR and Speed, or after a *very* dragged out fight, where Tony, himself, succumbs to fatigue. IM can get a win or two via his version of the Batkick (the above mentioned Achilles Needle, attuned to Kryptonian DNA, or a Red-Solar simulator/plasma blaster, or similar Bat-ass-ery...)

And if the Jla/Avengers crossover is as cannon as people say it is then Ironman could pull some wins via repulsor ray. Ironman almost KOED Superman with a blast but again, that is if people consider that cannon.

tideoftime
And if the Jla/Avengers crossover is as cannon as people say it is then Ironman could pull some wins via repulsor ray. Ironman almost KOED Superman with a blast but again, that is if people consider that cannon.

Six of one, half dozen of the other...

Still, that was a general case of PIS, by and large: Supes has stood up to much greater energy emissions than that. But still, that goes along the lines of Tony "Bat-Kicking" with a "whatsumwhojum energy attack - thingy, that somehow makes for a win".

Rage.Of.Olympus
True, Iron Man's repulsors did do a number on Superman, but Clark had just fought Thor. He could barely speak at that point. He was incredibly worn down. The most repulsors have ever managed to do to Thor is knock him back a bit.

I don't doubt Clark can take 50 repulsor blasts and remain unharmed. Let him take some hits from a being as strong as Thor before hand however, and you can knock him out with even an exploding Gas Station. dur313

-Pr-
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
hasnt cap with just peak human strength been able to give uber guys pause by hitting them with the shield?

tony doesn't have cap's jobber aura.

Tony once flattened the Hulk in one hit, forgot the issue but it was the Deodata, Incredible Hulk era. He could have loads of strength, he won't win the fight, but Superman stomping him out as soon as the fight starts won't happen.

No it wouldn't just bounce off, it would knock him through a building... to no effect, but he wouldn't just stand there and tank it like the Classic Juggernaut types would..

i never said Superman would stomp.

He could tank it if he braced for it.

Originally posted by cdtm

equus was in the couple of hundred ton range easily. besides, his durability and strength don't have to match, he was able to beat a superman robot in combat.

val is just able to do crazy shit like that.

don't be silly.

h1a8
Superman can bfr him. I don't see Superman damaging the suit, unless its joints can be disconnected.

Plus the suit doesn't have infinite power. Superman could just keep flash freezing it or burying it beneath many tons of steel or ground until Tony is out of energy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.