The Lone Wanderer (Fallout 3) vs The Hero of Tamriel (Oblivion)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darkstorm Zero
The Hero of Tamriel, vs The Lone Wanderer.

Both have maximum stats, all spells/perks, and your choice of weapons, armour, equipment and items.

This allte takes place in the West Weald, West of Corrol, at the foot of the Jerral Mountains.

They are out to kill, no holds barred, because the loser will not only die, but the losers world will cease to exist, as per the will of Sithis!

Best of 10 rounds, the winner of more than 5 victories wins the match.

Oh, and they don't start in line-of-sight of eachother

Nephthys
Alien blaster to the head one-shot kill.

Darkstorm Zero
Shield spells...

besides, this ain't a quickdraw match.

FinalAnswer
Spam nukes

/thread

Darkstorm Zero
Would he even know where to aim? Invisibility and Chameleon are pretty cheap ways to get through a forested area unseen, and spamming even MIRV Fatman shots seems more like a waste...

Meh I can easily turn the tables and say, Maximum Fingers of the Mountain lightning blast would hit the Lone Wanderer before he has a chance to pull the trigger...

Booya!

Nemesis X
Even while using Chameleon, you don't think Lone Wanderer's VATS will have an automatic lock on him? In Operation Anchorage, I believe I was able to get a lock on the communists even when they wore their stealth suits. I couldn't exactly shoot them in VATS while they were invisible but their location was exposed.

FinalAnswer
Yeah.

VATS utterly destroys The Hero

Darkstorm Zero
Yeah, but those stealth suits wer not %100 stealth (Looked at their stats, I think they only provide, at best 75%, as much as a stealth boy).

A 100% chameleon plus sneak mastery is as good as anything even Solid Snake could conjur up.

Morridini
Lone Wandered don't have to see him in order to kill him, just nuke the entire area.

Darkstorm Zero
Like I said, a waste of ammo, and potentially disasterous when faced with a person who can shoot equally deadly elemental blasts of magic.

Maximum Lightning or Fire spells will doom the Wanderer if he acts without caution and poise.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Yeah, but those stealth suits wer not %100 stealth (Looked at their stats, I think they only provide, at best 75%, as much as a stealth boy).

A 100% chameleon plus sneak mastery is as good as anything even Solid Snake could conjur up.

Does the percentage even matter since those stealth suits still made those commies very difficult to see? They looked about as invisible as someone using Chameleon it would seem.

Nah. Before the HoT can successfully perform a sneak attack, Lone Wanderer swaps into his stealth suit and disappears. While wondering where he's at, the HoT unexpectedly gets a Gauss Rifle round to the face.

Darkstorm Zero
100% chameleon is complete invisibility... I tested it, and I tested it on NPCs as well. The stealth suits still give off "shimmers" like Predator cloaking does. Oh, and BTW, Life Detect renders Wanderer's stealth useless :P

Nemesis X
100% chameleon is complete invisibility... I tested it, and I tested it on NPCs as well. The stealth suits still give off "shimmers" like Predator cloaking does. Oh, and BTW, Life Detect renders Wanderer's stealth useless :P

Okay so stealth is out of the question for Wanderer but still, what makes you think his VATS won't detect the HoT when he uses Chameleon?

Darkstorm Zero
Because it's never picked up anything that well hidden before... look, They are in a forest setting, seeing anything in that kind of terrain is bad enough (Especially in the Wanderer's case, since the entirety of the wasteland, Minus Oasis, in which no combat was performed) was a radioactively blasted desert and cityscape). But then you add in a person you can't see in the least, who has haxx magical capabilities, enchanted armour and weapons, and can see you like you had lit a flare in a cave...

Yes, it's true, Wanderer has by far the superior weapons and tech edge, and I'd assume power armour could fend off arrows and maybe the occasional stab from a knife or shortsword... but anything enchanted would ruin his day... I would give the wanderer perhaps 3 out of 10 wins right now, since i've been able to counter most arguments exept for perhaps a blind MIRV fatman spam. and even thats iffy since HoT can spam AOE destruction spells just as crazily, and with enough Welkind stones/Sorcery potions...

FinalAnswer
Because it's never picked up anything that well hidden before... look, They are in a forest setting, seeing anything in that kind of terrain is bad enough (Especially in the Wanderer's case, since the entirety of the wasteland, Minus Oasis, in which no combat was performed) was a radioactively blasted desert and cityscape). But then you add in a person you can't see in the least, who has haxx magical capabilities, enchanted armour and weapons, and can see you like you had lit a flare in a cave...

Yes, it's true, Wanderer has by far the superior weapons and tech edge, and I'd assume power armour could fend off arrows and maybe the occasional stab from a knife or shortsword... but anything enchanted would ruin his day... I would give the wanderer perhaps 3 out of 10 wins right now, since i've been able to counter most arguments exept for perhaps a blind MIRV fatman spam. and even thats iffy since HoT can spam AOE destruction spells just as crazily, and with enough Welkind stones/Sorcery potions...

If you give Wanderer all his stuff, he gets an alien ship capable of blowing up a good portion of Canada.

Also, glorious Hellfire armor ftw.

Though really. A MIRV spam would destroy the Hero.

Darkstorm Zero
The ship can't be used to do that in-game tho stick out tongue

Seriously, a 100 damage 100 ft for 2 minutes destruction spell does the job as effectively as the MIRV.... And yes, I tested it, a fireball spell made to those specs is absolutely enormous.

CosmicComet
Magic over science, all day long.

Burning thought
Not sure about the rules of this thread but Midas magic spells in Oblivion would trash the lone wanderer. chameleon, 100 damage protection/reflection spells, nuclear explosion of magic at the tip of your finger etc.

But yeh, normal Oblivion character would likely still take this, true invisability+finger of the mountain or firestorm would be as dangerous to LW as a fatboy barrage would be to him.

Also dont forget, Oblivion characters can have remote manipulation or higher levels of TK. Just fling the fanboy bombs back....

Nemesis X

Never picked up anything that well hidden before? The VATS system detected invisible people. I don't give a crap if they were 75% invisible. When I took their suit, I played ring around the rosy with Super Mutants and Mercs no expression

iChaos
Couldn't the Lone Wanderer just use the perk where, when his health gets low, he explodes?

Nephthys
Nuke barrage ends the HOT and imo Power/Tesla armour would probably protect against most damage spells. Damage protection shouldn't be allowed, real-life doesn't have damage percentages, thats just a gameplay feature.

Finger of the mountain is ridiclously costly in terms of mana. He'll only be able to use it once and while he's gulping down a potion/wtevr the Wanderer nukes his ass.

LLLLLink
Hero of Tamriel without a second thought. HOT shits on anything in the Fallout 3 verse, including Liberty Prime. I mean, c'mon. The guy can run 50+ mph. He can jump over full grown trees. Invisibility and invincibility. The only question is "how creative does the Lone Wanderer want to die"?

CosmicComet
The Nerevarine shits over both of them though.

You could become supremely broken in Morrowind.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by CosmicComet
The Nerevarine shits over both of them though.

You could become supremely broken in Morrowind.

Yeah, that's true. Levitate to the moon. no expression

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Hero of Tamriel without a second thought. HOT shits on anything in the Fallout 3 verse, including Liberty Prime. I mean, c'mon. The guy can run 50+ mph. He can jump over full grown trees. Invisibility and invincibility. The only question is "how creative does the Lone Wanderer want to die"?

Aliens >

LLLLLink
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Aliens >

Car wreck > Aliens

CosmicComet
Aliens >

A lot things >

NemeBro
The Hero of Tamriel has taken on Daedric Princes and lived to tell the tale.

Seriously, **** a mini-nuke, Wabbajack ends fight immediately if he wants it.

Cyner
Doesn't the Hero of Tamriel become Sheogorath? I think the fight was over before the thread started.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Cyner
Doesn't the Hero of Tamriel become Sheogorath? I think the fight was over before the thread started.

Well... a substitute, he's still not a true Daedric Prince, since he's not an eternal. He only got that position because he broke Jyggalag's curse for him.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Never picked up anything that well hidden before? The VATS system detected invisible people. I don't give a crap if they were 75% invisible. When I took their suit, I played ring around the rosy with Super Mutants and Mercs no expression

First, Like I said, they where not completely invisible. Second, you only get 1 Chinese Stealth Suit in all of Fallout 3, and that was with Operation Anchorage. Third, read the stats on the Stealth Suit, it's no more potent than a Stealth Boy, which you still have to be in sneaking mode to utilise. Fourth, Super Mutants, with the exeption of Fawkes where mentally defficient to the point that Savage Hulk looked like a genius... and as for the mercs, you talking about Raiders or Black Talon? Come see me when you can do it around Enclave or Death Claws and we'll talk, their stealth detection is much better.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Nuke barrage ends the HOT and imo Power/Tesla armour would probably protect against most damage spells. Damage protection shouldn't be allowed, real-life doesn't have damage percentages, thats just a gameplay feature.

Yes, but that doesn't stop the fact that HoT has shield spells, and damage reflectors, and damage absorbtion spells.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Finger of the mountain is ridiclously costly in terms of mana. He'll only be able to use it once and while he's gulping down a potion/wtevr the Wanderer nukes his ass.

HoT will only need that one shot to fry right past even Tesla defences... Life detect + AOE Fingers of the Mountain can win the day for HoT.

iChaos
Couldn't he just take a stealthboy?

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by iChaos
Couldn't he just take a stealthboy?

He canm but it won't change anything. Life Detect lights him up reguardless.

§P0oONY
VATS + Alien Blaster + Experimental MIRV + Stealth Boy + Power Armour + Brotherhood of Steel as backup + Followers = Win.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by NemeBro
The Hero of Tamriel has taken on Daedric Princes and lived to tell the tale.

Seriously, **** a mini-nuke, Wabbajack ends fight immediately if he wants it.

Wabbajack only affects animals erm

Yeah, that's true. Levitate to the moon. no expression

Levitating to the moon? You sure you aren't sneaking any modding in here?

I'll get right on it but I don't think I can record any footage for I have Fallout 3 on 360 and not PC so if you're gonna say "you're lying", it's just gonna be a waste of time for me. Btw yes, I snuck around both Raiders and Talons.

Anyways, The Hero of Tamriel shows that with most of his spells, he raises his hand up to conjure them. Who's to say Lone Wanderer can't just use VATS and shoot the arms off before that happens?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Wabbajack only affects animals erm

Levitating to the moon? You sure you aren't sneaking any modding in here?

I'll get right on it but I don't think I can record any footage for I have Fallout 3 on 360 and not PC so if you're gonna say "you're lying", it's just gonna be a waste of time for me. Btw yes, I snuck around both Raiders and Talons.

Anyways, The Hero of Tamriel shows that with most of his spells, he raises his hand up to conjure them. Who's to say Lone Wanderer can't just use VATS and shoot the arms off before that happens? Wabbajack only works on animals? haermm you've clearly never used it to it's greatest potential...

Nemesis X
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Wabbajack only works on animals? haermm you've clearly never used it to it's greatest potential...

Hey, I tried the Wabbajack on people but nothing happened and sure it turns Dagon into a blob but that's only a bug the developers say.

§P0oONY
The way I see it, even if the HoT gets the first shot, there is nothing they can do that'll take down the LW at once. Soon as the LW knows where the HoT is... 4 shots of the Alien Blaster in VATS... Bye bye.

iChaos
He canm but it won't change anything. Life Detect lights him up reguardless.

Wouldn't it increase his stealth stat?

LLLLLink
Staff of Banishment ftw. Also, the fact that HOT can train himself to savagely beat a ghost or spirit with his bare hands is so full of win.

Phanteros
Champion wins this with a ignition spell.

LLLLLink
gay_rageDamn the OP. From now on, the Champion of Cyrodiil (CoC, if you must) will be replacing the "Hero of Tamriel" (HoT). We already have an "HoT" and that's the Hero of Time.

NemeBro
No but seriously, your gameplay bullshit can eat my ass.

Champion of Cyrodill or whatever the hell you wanna call him has fought Daedric Princes and moar, he is the most powaful being in Cyrodill, lesser mages can delete you from existence.

CosmicComet
Champion wins via gameplay elements or lore.

In the former he's just too damn versatile. The latter, well its just duh.

§P0oONY
gay_rageDamn the OP. From now on, the Champion of Cyrodiil (CoC, if you must) will be replacing the "Hero of Tamriel" (HoT). We already have an "HoT" and that's the Hero of Time. You'd have to be a ****ing retard to think we were talking about Link though.

I_Cheat_U_LOSE
Can't the HoT use the staff of corruption to make a evil clone of the Lone Wander with all the equips? Also the HoT can also retreat into the Shivering Isle where he gets invincibility with Sheo's spell. Not sure if damage reflect will reflect damage done by the LW back at him.

Still even with these tricks the HoT can use, the LW has VATS, can spam Stimpaks unlike potions, has better ranged weapons, and has better weaponry overall. Therefore LW most likely wins, HoT wins only in "what if" scenarios.

However, if you allow both characters to have the console available and/or mods, the HoT wins since "createfullactorcopy" exist in the Oblivion console while it does not in the fallout 3 console. The HoT can just make infinite copies of the LW until the LW dies to the copies.
Also the Hilarity and Playable Sheogowrath mods basically makes the HoT invincible and give the HoT instant script kill spells. Essentially, the HoT can just use the "Kill Everyone" spell in the Playable Sheo mod to cause the LW to die without even noticing the LW.

iChaos
Ah, but the Lone Wanderer could delete the HoT.

Darkstorm Zero
No, no mods or console cheats thanks... Official Expansions and official DLC are cool, but mods? no... just no...

I_Cheat_U_LOSE
Originally posted by iChaos
Ah, but the Lone Wanderer could delete the HoT.

they can both delete each other:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_console_commands http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Console

see command disable

I_Cheat_U_LOSE
No, no mods or console cheats thanks... Official Expansions and official DLC are cool, but mods? no... just no...

I tend to have a tendency to use mods and console commands to cheat. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out judging by my username.

However, removing mods and console cheating out of the picture.

Advantages of LW
LW can keep spamming stimpaks for HP,while HoT can only use 3 potions before a cooldown period
LW has VATS
LW has passive perks (mysterious stranger)
LW has more ranged weapons
LW has powerful AoE weapons (grenades and mini nukes)
LW defense caps at 85% damage reduction
LW can repair weapons in and out of combat
LW ammo and meds cost 0 weight

Advantages of HoT
HoT can create poisons
HoT has 100% chameleon
HoT has magic scrolls
HoT has poison apple
HoT has enchanted weapons
HoT has summoning spells
HoT has Sheo's invincibility spell (only in SI)
HoT has Mehrunes Razor
HoT defense caps at 85% damage reduction
HoT has damage reflect, spell absorption, spell reflect
HoT has elemental magic, LW has no resistances to elements except fire
HoT can repair weapons only outside of combat and with only 1 repair hammer
HoT heals on wait

Since damage reflect only applies to melee attacks, I am going to assume HoT > LW melee weapons only. However, damage reflect doesn't apply to bows&arrows and I am going to assume bullets will function like arrows against the HoT. LW has no access to spells so spell absorption and spell reflect do nothing.

The LW biggest advantages are the ability to use Stimpaks and Meds at split second speed until he/she is fully healed while the HoT can only use 3 potions before hitting a cooldown time. This requires the HoT to defeat LW only with a OHKO method (Mehrunes Razor or Poison Apple). Although the HoT might have infinite scrolls he/she needs to take time to cast/use the scroll and cannot use scrolls at split second speed like how the LW can use Stimpaks and Meds.

Also the LW can hold nearly infinite ammo, Stimpaks and drugs since they take no weight in his/her inventory. While for the HoT potions, scrolls, and Weynard Stones have a weight thus the HoT doesn't have access to infinite healing items.

Another strength of the LW and weakness of the HoT is the LW can repair weapons at any time, while the HoT can only repair outside of combat.

Essentially the HoT wins in "what if" scenarios: Mehrunes Razor, Poison Apple, inside Shriving Isles. While LW has the overall advantage. Overall advantage > "What if".

LLLLLink
Above post is garbage, I'm afraid. CoC can become completely immune to all offensive damage, magic or physical. Take this scenario for example:

Breton: 50% nullify magic
Mundane Ring: 50% nullify magic; 35%(?) reflect magic
Chest, Head, Arms, Legs, Feet, remaining two accessories: Shield/Reflect damage

No cheats required. This is one of many setups. I believe NemeBro has a Nord version.

Also, I'd wager that CoC's spells travel just as far of a distance as any gun from Fallout 3.

Here's how the fight goes down:

-LW uses Mini Nuke!
-CoC uses Telekenesis!
-Mini Nuke hits LW for fatal damage!
-LW died!

§P0oONY
LW Uses Mini Nuke in VATS
HoT can't use telekinesis due to VATS essentially stopping time.
Mini Nuke hits HoT for fatal damage
HoT died.

NemeBro
Only if we go by your gameplay garbage, the CoC can be completely immune to all damage, and in fact reflect damage back to the LW.

Darkstorm Zero
VATS doesn't stop time. It slows down LW's perception of time to create better reaction speeds, but it does not actually stop time.

§P0oONY
VATS doesn't stop time. It slows down LW's perception of time to create better reaction speeds, but it does not actually stop time. Speeding a person's self up to a speed where the opponent can't react is as good as stopping time.

Darkstorm Zero

I_Cheat_U_LOSE
Above post is garbage, I'm afraid. CoC can become completely immune to all offensive damage, magic or physical. Take this scenario for example:

Breton: 50% nullify magic
Mundane Ring: 50% nullify magic; 35%(?) reflect magic
Chest, Head, Arms, Legs, Feet, remaining two accessories: Shield/Reflect damage

No cheats required. This is one of many setups. I believe NemeBro has a Nord version.

Also, I'd wager that CoC's spells travel just as far of a distance as any gun from Fallout 3.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Only if we go by your gameplay garbage, the CoC can be completely immune to all damage, and in fact reflect damage back to the LW.

Reflect damage only applies to melee damage, it does not apply to range weapons (ie bows & arrows)
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Reflect_Damage

Without cheats or mods this is the most powerful the Oblivion PC can get:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:End_Game_Optimizing

Spells cast in Oblivion aren't as instantaneous as bullets in Fallout 3, only touch spells are but your target has to be up close.

If you wanted to critique my post, you should have mentioned that I left out the part on the LW having to reload after the gun runs out of ammo. The LW does not have a gun with infinite ammo that means once he/she runs out the LW needs to reload despite carrying nigh infinite bullets, HoT can then put on 100% chameleon run up and cast paralyze. Once the LW is paralyzed, the HoT can equip Mehrunes Razor and keep slashing and recasting paralyze until Mehrunes Razor gives the HoT the OHKO. If the HoT runs out of mana while casting paralyze then just use a welkynd stone.

I also forgot to mention the LW has exploding pants, which is also a OHKO. However, since the HoT stealth is superior to the LW there's a very slim chance exploding pants will work.

After factoring in the reloading handicap
LW has a 57% chance of victory
Oblivion Hero has a 43% chance of victory

I am a much bigger fan of Oblivion than Fallout, however I am not letting fandom affect my judgment.

FinalAnswer
No, seriously.

The Lone Wanderer blows up Cyrodil with his alien mothership.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by I_Cheat_U_LOSE
Reflect damage only applies to melee damage, it does not apply to range weapons (ie bows & arrows)
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Reflect_Damage

Without cheats or mods this is the most powerful the Oblivion PC can get:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:End_Game_Optimizing

Spells cast in Oblivion aren't as instantaneous as bullets in Fallout 3, only touch spells are but your target has to be up close.

If you wanted to critique my post, you should have mentioned that I left out the part on the LW having to reload after the gun runs out of ammo. The LW does not have a gun with infinite ammo that means once he/she runs out the LW needs to reload despite carrying nigh infinite bullets, HoT can then put on 100% chameleon run up and cast paralyze. Once the LW is paralyzed, the HoT can equip Mehrunes Razor and keep slashing and recasting paralyze until Mehrunes Razor gives the HoT the OHKO. If the HoT runs out of mana while casting paralyze then just use a welkynd stone.

I also forgot to mention the LW has exploding pants, which is also a OHKO. However, since the HoT stealth is superior to the LW there's a very slim chance exploding pants will work.

After factoring in the reloading handicap
LW has a 57% chance of victory
Oblivion Hero has a 43% chance of victory

I am a much bigger fan of Oblivion than Fallout, however I am not letting fandom affect my judgment.

My set gives 100% to Nullify Magic and 100% to Shield amongst other things. Also, I like how we are ignoring spells. thumb up

Seriously, Champion stomps.

FinalAnswer
Nah.

Laser >

LLLLLink
I could swear that wasn't the case when I was owning the Enclave, FA.
MAGICKZ IZ BETTAR! YOU UP SHUT NAO.

FinalAnswer
No thx.

Alien Death Ray capable of destroying a good portion of Canada >

NemeBro
Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Not in this case but whatever.

LLLLLink
No thx.

You're using a "Death Star" argument, you realize?

Darkstorm Zero
No thx.

Like I said, you can't use the Death Ray in game to target anything, It's not like the Satelite Missiles from Broken Steel, it had no effect on the game at all....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.