War vs. Kratos [Twist]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sol Valentine
http://www.kaboommagazine.com/userfiles/darksiders-9%281%29.jpg

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/kotaku/2008/06/kratos_sciv.jpg

The two aspects of War, instead of simply going toe to toe in the battlefield, must instead survive each other's respective worlds.

Will War be able to stop Zeus? Will Kratos be enough to take down Uriel?

CosmicComet
Never played Darksiders, but I have to ask, would War have to go through opponents from all of Kratos' games or just God of War 3?

I don't think War is fast enough to deal with the likes of Atropos, Lahkesis, Charon, Hermes and Zeus. But I could be wrong.

Sol Valentine
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Never played Darksiders, but I have to ask, would War have to go through opponents from all of Kratos' games or just God of War 3?

I don't think War is fast enough to deal with the likes of Atropos, Lahkesis, Charon, Hermes and Zeus. But I could be wrong.

Just GOW3, it'd be spite to have War fight through three games and Kratos through one.

XMr. WinterX
War looks more badass but then again...ppl here wanna put Kratos on top tier

BloodRawEngine
Originally posted by XMr. WinterX

No, War looks like the inbred bastard child of the Lich King and a Helghast with the recessive genes of Marcus Fenix injected into him prior to birth from the womb of Gohma in which the mixed sperm cells of that aforementioned characters was inserted in a poor-man's Les Enfants Terribles.

Seriously, Yahtzee said it right with his review, but it's been common knowledge for a long time.

NemeBro
"It's like someone started drawing him and NEVER ****ING STOPPED!"

BloodRawEngine
But on topic, isn't Darksiders regarded to be on an entirely different tier from series like GoW and such? Or was I misinformed?

NemeBro
If by entirely different tier, you mean a ****ton weaker.

Demonic Phoenix

Kratos isn't top tier on KMC, or anywhere close to top tier for that matter. no expression
Hell, characters that would shit-stomp Kratos aren't top tier.

Also, Kratos's face and his facial expressions look more badass than War's design.

~ War doesn't get past the first Leviathan. I can say that much with certainty.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

Also, Kratos's face and his facial expressions look more badass than War's design.

I disagree. Kratos' design looks like the lead singer from Disturbed fell in a vat of glue and is pissed about it. erm Lame incarnate.

BloodRawEngine
Originally posted by LLLLLink
I disagree. Kratos' design looks like the lead singer from Disturbed fell in a vat of glue and is pissed about it. erm Lame incarnate.

Wrongest of wrongs.

http://i1041.photobucket.com/albums/b420/orangecouso/Kratos-2.jpg

It's best for one to not try pointing fingers when your favorite character's attire is on consistency, three inches short of a mumu and most closely associated with the likes of Peter Pan by haters.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
Wrongest of wrongs.

http://i1041.photobucket.com/albums/b420/orangecouso/Kratos-2.jpg

It's best for one to not try pointing fingers when your favorite character's attire is on consistency, three inches short of a mumu and most closely associated with the likes of Peter Pan by haters.

I'm sorry, there was too much salt on that response to make it worth anything. shifty

Nice too see it struck a nerve, though.

Demonic Phoenix

Kratos makes badass faces. kratos_rage
Link makes rape faces. link-rape

BloodRawEngine
I'm sorry, there was too much salt on that response to make it worth anything. shifty

Nice too see it struck a nerve, though.

I'll pretend that I wished I didn't get that. Just sayin', any design can suck when you want it to.

If I had one of my GoW fan nerves struck by someone, then I'd let him know by taking one arm, shoving it up his ass, the other one down his throat, and making them play bongos with his stomach. You can take my word for it.

Mr. Toad
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w201/mfc402/gay.jpg

biscuits

CosmicComet
wut

Phanteros
LOL **** Wut?

ESB -1138
Look it doesn't matter who looks cooler and what looks good. What matters is...

http://joeydevilla.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2004/12/chewbacca.jpg

...this is Chewbacca. Now why am I talking about Chewbacca on a War vs Kratos thread? It don't make no sense. So when you're thinking about which one succeeds, ask yourself; does it make sense?

XanatosForever
Originally posted by ESB -1138

...this is Chewbacca. Now why am I talking about Chewbacca on a War vs Kratos thread? It don't make no sense. So when you're thinking about which one succeeds, ask yourself; does it make sense?

THE CHEWBACCA DEFENSE?! FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- gay_rage

Kratos makes badass faces. kratos_rage
Link makes rape faces. link-rape

Nice

Aww...now I wanna make a Kratos/Dark Kahn custom. sad

XMr. WinterX
Kratos isn't top tier on KMC, or anywhere close to top tier for that matter. no expression
Hell, characters that would shit-stomp Kratos aren't top tier.

~ War doesn't get past the first Leviathan. I can say that much with certainty.

than what characters here on the Games vs Forums are top tier? confused

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by ESB -1138

You make more sense than you believe. War and Kratos. Take out the K and O and you can spell Star War. Coincidence?

NemeBro
than what characters here on the Games vs Forums are top tier? confused The most powerful verse on here that gets commonly used is probably Darkstalkers.

There are more powerful series than that though.

Demonic Phoenix
than what characters here on the Games vs Forums are top tier? confused

Well, we don't have tiers here per se, but IMO, these characters could be in the top tier, depending on how the tiers are constructed, and who is in them.

King of All Cosmos (who can casually destroy all the stars when drunk)

Pyron (Larger than the Milky Way I believe)

Norzdomu

Palkia & Dialga (Control Time & Space in their universe)

Arceus (Created Palkia & Dialga, and is supposed to be more powerful than those two)

Dark Kahn (despite his gayness, he is very powerful. He also has the powers of Darkseid, who can pimpslap Superman without breaking a sweat)

KOS-MOS @Full Power

At the very least, characters like these are leagues beyond Kratos, even if they are or are not top tier (on which I'm not too sure about).

Originally posted by XanatosForever

Nice

Aww...now I wanna make a Kratos/Dark Kahn custom. sad

Kratos is too badass for such gayness. kratos_rage

FinalAnswer
You forgot Minato Arisato

Demonic Phoenix
He's SMALL-TIEM.

NemeBro
Noz should not be in that list.

Neither should KOS-MOS.

Sin_Volvagia

KOS-MOS @Full Power

Wilhelm, all 4 Testaments, and full-power chaos are all above full power KOS-MOS.

The WoW dragons (Nozdormu for example) and those overpowered Mario/Sonic villains should be on that list.

NemeBro
Xenogears/Xenosaga, and Shin Megami Tensei are the most powerful videogame verses I know of.

Another powerful videogame verse which is never used is Disgaea.

XMr. WinterX
what about Bowser? i looked at some cutscenes lately and he creates galaxies and what not

NemeBro
With prep.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
Noz should not be in that list.

Neither should KOS-MOS.

Noz and KOS-MOS are still above Kratos, which was kind of the main point of the list.

But fair enough, I did not know much about KOS-MOS, or Nozdormu. I just knew that they were really powerful, which is why I put them on the list.

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Wilhelm, all 4 Testaments, and full-power chaos are all above full power KOS-MOS.

The WoW dragons (Nozdormu for example) and those overpowered Mario/Sonic villains should be on that list.

Right, Dark Gaia, Solaris and such. I forgot about those, just like I forgot about Minato Arisato.

~ We should really try making a tier list. >__>

NemeBro
FinalAnswer overrates Minato.

XMr. WinterX
so what if in future games of GOW they put Kratos up against Norse Gods? And if the creators make it happen make him go up against the Hindu Gods?

Demonic Phoenix
MK's One Being could be on that list too.

EDIT: Just how powerful is Minato?

NemeBro
MK's One Being could be on that list too.

EDIT: Just how powerful is Minato? Not really elaborated on, he has not many feats, but he has some cheap ability which allowed him to beat some personification of death.

I only know what I do because FinalAnswer never shuts up about him.

FinalAnswer
EDIT: Just how powerful is Minato?

Minato was stated by an infallible being to be able to wield "The power of the universe itself" and that "Nothing is outside the realm of possibility for him now", all via the omnipotent power of friendship.

link-rape

LLLLLink
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine

Uh-huh. no expression

DP, your list pains me, minus Pyron.

NemeBro
DP, your list pains me, minus Pyron. Why?

LLLLLink
Cuz I said so.

But seriously, it's the pokemon. Yes, they are fjeaefmwiecmsirgablakin strong; but anything that can be beaten and enslaved by a child with some aprikorn balls highlights a serious flaw in their uberness.

iChaos
Xenogears/Xenosaga, and Shin Megami Tensei are the most powerful videogame verses I know of.

Another powerful videogame verse which is never used is Disgaea.

Would you say that they're powerful enough to rival the Marvel (or DC) universe?

FinalAnswer
Lol no.

MooCowofJustice
Cuz I said so.

But seriously, it's the pokemon. Yes, they are fjeaefmwiecmsirgablakin strong; but anything that can be beaten and enslaved by a child with some aprikorn balls highlights a serious flaw in their uberness.

I've been bothering you less, but you're still an idiot.

Get some canon that says they were captured, punk.

Phanteros
Originally posted by iChaos
Would you say that they're powerful enough to rival the Marvel (or DC) universe? Not even close there are other universes that can stomp them like Tenchi and Image.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I've been bothering you less, but you're still an idiot.

Get some canon that says they were captured, punk.

Screw off, fatty. Apparently, all it takes is a little concrete during a beatdown for man to kill god.

822xj88MqWI

For man to even be able to shake his puny fist at something that created the universe is retarded.

MooCowofJustice
You realize, of course, that Arceus had given up a large portion of his power in the form of the Jewel of Life? In fact, that's the only reason he was even capable of being harmed by those attacks.

It changed a total wasteland into a paradise when used by a human.

Good job.

Demonic Phoenix
Uh-huh. no expression

DP, your list pains me, minus Pyron.

My main point with the list was to inform Mr.Winter of characters that would stomp Kratos and are leagues above him.

Someone like Norzdomu apparently does not deserve to be top tier according to NemeBro (not that I would doubt him, as he likely knows more about WoW than I do). Yet Noz can still shitstomp Kratos, or Link, or Kain, or Dante, or all of them together.

Also, while Pokemon can be captured, Dialga and Palkia still are masters of Time & Space in the Poke-verse. Make a thread where the Universal Pokemon Achilles Heel cannot be used, and either of those two would solo certain VG verses.

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Minato was stated by an infallible being to be able to wield "The power of the universe itself" and that "Nothing is outside the realm of possibility for him now", all via the omnipotent power of friendship.

link-rape

Friendship is over-rated.

estahuh

NemeBro
Originally posted by iChaos
Would you say that they're powerful enough to rival the Marvel (or DC) universe? Not even close.

Some verses I would consider "top-tier" would be:

Xenogears/Xenosaga
Shin Megami Tensei
Disgaea/Nippon Ichiverse
Darkstalkers
Warcraft (I guess? I don't really know that much about it other than debates with it)

Those are just five off the top of my head.

FinalAnswer
.hack

NemeBro
Any of the verses I named would rape .Hack. estahuh

LLLLLink
Warcraft is top tier? Too many "I'm almost uber except for the ass-kicking I got from someone I should be able to pawn" type characters to be considered top tier in my eyes. Maybe a few dudes make the cut, but I wouldn't say the verse as a whole.
Perhaps the whole idea that a universe is top tier is stupid. It's easier to just stick to characters.

As for Arceus; stupid god is stupid.

MooCowofJustice
Warcraft is top tier? Too many "I'm almost uber except for the ass-kicking I got from someone I should be able to pawn" type characters to be considered top tier in my eyes.

As for Arceus; stupid god is stupid.

Do you realize that Ganon fits this description?

Or, PIS is PIS. Of course it isn't really stupid so much as it is a huge part of the plot. Considering he put his trust in humans and gave portions of his power away

LLLLLink
Not biting, but nice try.

MooCowofJustice
I wasn't baiting you. I was pointing out something that I believe you failed to realize.

LLLLLink
Don't worry, you are mistaken. And I don't think that you thought through your comparison thoroughly enough.

If it makes you feel any better, I still think Mewtwo is cool.

MooCowofJustice
Care to point out where my comparison fails that isn't totally irrelevant?

Don't really care what you think about Pokemon. Does it really always have to be about you?

LLLLLink
No. Pointless endeavor is pointless.

>Mfw you think I care about anyone but myself.

NemeBro
Warcraft is top tier? Too many "I'm almost uber except for the ass-kicking I got from someone I should be able to pawn" type characters to be considered top tier in my eyes. Maybe a few dudes make the cut, but I wouldn't say the verse as a whole.
Perhaps the whole idea that a universe is top tier is stupid. It's easier to just stick to characters. Now that I think about it Warcraft should not be included.

The Titan Pantheon are the strongest beings in Warcraft, and they are nothing compared to the upper echelons of the verses I named.

FinalAnswer
Any of the verses I named would rape .Hack. estahuh

.hack had two OOOs

NemeBro
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
.hack had two OOOs That in of itself is a contradiction.

FinalAnswer
That in of itself is a contradiction.

Dun care, officially canon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.