Personal Ranking System. Rank your heralds.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
The existing power level tier system seems to be based on consensus garnered from a large sample size of posters and their belief of overall power levels of individual characters.

However, I believe that the current power level tier system doesn't allow one to compare characters seen in the same tier. For the very reason that perceptions of character's power levels within the same power tier tend to be highly subjective to the opinion of the individual. The generalized nature of the tier ranking system allow for characters to be ranked with as little personal bias as possible.

I think we all have perceptions on how our characters should really be weighed with regards to how they stand up to other characters within the same tier. And that this can be expressed by making a ranking system that is more in depth in quantifying and comparing power levels.

Thus I bring you: Personal Ranking Systems!!!

This is how it works:

Power level rankings of characters range from 1-100 (topping up at high herald). The tier they are in tend to have 10 levels within it and the higher the number, the higher up they are in perceived power levels based on your opinion.

Tiers/Ranking Number.

Normal Human - 1-10
Street Leveler (Low) - 11-20
Street Leveler (Mid) - 21-30
Street Leveler (High) - 31-40
Meta (Low) - 41-50
Meta (Mid) - 51-60
Meta (High) - 61-70
Herald (Low) - 71-80
Herald (Mid) - 81-90
Herald (High) - 91-100

This also acts as as survey of sorts as I think we can also help in updating the perceived power levels of the characters as they grow/weaken in power.

DISCLAIMER: This is NOT an appeal to the mods to change the existing power level tier. The one that exist is perfect for what it's needed to be. This is just a little survey to establish opinions of power levels based on individual perceptions.

D_Dude1210
Rank the ff. Heralds based on the above system!

Silver Surfer
Superman
Thor
Black Adam
Beta Ray Bill
Gladiator
Nova Prime
Quasar
Captain Marvel
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern (Hal)

My Rankings:

Silver Surfer - High Herald (100)
Superman - High Herald (95)
Thor - High Herald (97)
Black Adam - Mid Herald (88)
Beta Ray Bill - Mid Herald (88)
Gladiator - Mid Herald (89)
Nova Prime - Mid Herald (85)
Quasar - Mid Herald (89)
Captain Marvel - Mid Herald (85)
Wonder Woman - Mid Herald (84)
Green Lantern (Hal) - High Herald (97)

Badabing
Reopened.

Badabing
Bump.

Warlord
undecided mod?

Juntai
wrong section

Q99
Lesse... Surfer- 100, yea, a given.

WW's generally consider a high herald so you rate her too low.

And the Marvels... Billy's one of the strongest mid-heralds, right near the edge.

Also, what's with the big gap between Thor and BRB? 9? They're very close.

Warlord
Generally I think most people (not in these forums in particular) consider Marvel to be above Diana

Q99
Originally posted by Warlord
Generally I think most people (not in these forums in particular) consider Marvel to be above Diana

Yea, but the feats speak of something around equality in direct combat (plus twice the lasso has de-shazamed him), and she's got more versatility.

Kingdom Come put the emphasis on CM as the one who could hold off Superman for several years, but back in the day that was WW's job, and Sacrifice showed she's still up for it. People tend to forget her rogue's gallery has multiple Trans-types in it too.

Personally I'd be temped to put CM in High too, considering how often he does stalemate high heralds.

Badabing
Originally posted by Warlord
undecided mod? D_Dude PMed me and explained the intention of the thread.

amnesia
Surfer (100)
Thor (98)
Superman (96)

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by D_Dude1210

Silver Surfer
Superman
Thor
Black Adam
Beta Ray Bill
Gladiator
Nova Prime
Quasar
Captain Marvel
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern (Hal)

My Rankings:

Silver Surfer - High Herald (100)
Superman - High Herald (95)
Thor - High Herald (97)
Black Adam - Mid Herald (88)
Nova Prime - Mid Herald (85)
Quasar - Mid Herald (89)
Captain Marvel - Mid Herald (85)
Wonder Woman - Mid Herald (84)

superman 95
black adam 88?
captain marvel 85?
erm erm erm

dmills
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
superman 95
black adam 88?
captain marvel 85?
erm erm erm Can't believe I agree with you but yeah, what's the rational behind that?

mykke
I think the main problem with ranking them this way is, there will be big gaps between high heralds and mid, ppl will assume that because BRB is mid herald(thus in 80s on this ranking) he is WAY WAY less powerful than thor (high 90s)

I believe it would work better having mid herald end at 95 since all high heralds will all be around 96 - 100. Just my opinion of course.

Following your system
Silver Surfer - High Herald(100)
Superman - High Herald (97)
Thor - High Herald (98)
Black Adam - Mid Herald (89)
Nova Prime - Mid Herald (86)
Quasar - Mid Herald (89)
Captain Marvel - Mid Herald (90)
Wonder Woman - Mid Herald (90)

Way i believe looks better less confusing powerwise(mid 81 - 95)

Silver Surfer - High Herald(100)
Superman - High Herald (97)
Thor - High Herald (98)
Black Adam - Mid Herald (94)
Beta Ray Bill - Mid Herald (93)
Gladiator - Mid Herald (94)
Nova Prime - Mid Herald (91)
Quasar - Mid Herald (94)
Captain Marvel - Mid Herald (95)
Wonder Woman - Mid Herald (95)

D_Dude1210
superman 95
black adam 88?
captain marvel 85?
erm erm erm

It's subjective rankings. :P ur welcome to put ur own rankings in. big grin

h1a8
Originally posted by D_Dude1210

Herald (Low) - 71-80
Herald (Mid) - 81-90
Herald (High) - 91-100

Silver Surfer=95 (98 in one on one and 92 in obscure fights)
Superman=94.5(98 in one on one and 91 in obscure fights)
Thor=93 (88 in one on one, and 98 in obscure battles)
Black Adam=93 (95 in one on one and 84 in obscure battles)
Beta Ray Bill=93 (Same as Thor)
Gladiator=80-99(based off confidence)
Nova Prime?
Quasar?
Captain Marvel=92 (1 less than BA b/c holds back more)
Wonder Woman=93 (99 in one on one and 87 in obscure fights)
Green Lantern (Hal)=98 (PC feats are counted)

*obscure fights are fights against space fleets, groups, strange large creatures, etc.

D_Dude1210
superman 95
black adam 88?
captain marvel 85?
erm erm erm

Also, always saw Superman as more powerful than the Marvels and always saw BA as more powerful/effective as he holds back a lot less. :-)

Also, while I see BRB and Thor as peers, Thor beats out BRB by being far more versatile with his powers as well as being slightly more powerful in brute force.

h1a8: Surfer is actually FAR more effective againstspace fleets, groups and strange large creatures than he is in one on ones. Kinda what makes him so high up in the high herald tier.

Colossus-Big C
Silver Surfer 100
Thor 98
Superman 94
Black Adam 94
Captain Marvel 94
Gladiator 95 at peak confidence
Hyperion 85
King Hyperion 100
Wonder Woman 85
Achillies 83
Ares 70
Hercules 80
PC Captiain Marvel 100
PC Black Adam 99
PC Superman 98

dmills
Also, is this looking at characters at their best without PIS/CIS or just on average? This makes a huge difference as I can't see say, Supes for example being 9 points ahead of Black Adam on average.

amnesia
Disregard that, Thor (250)

Colossus-Big C
^classic thor has actually operated at and above those levels

dmills
Again, are we talking on average, or non CIS\PIS high showings? Because I just can't see the justification of Supes so high over BA, and CM.

Warlord
Originally posted by Badabing
D_Dude PMed me and explained the intention of the thread.

cool

Warlord
To me values represent raw power and the perfect 100 is Dr Strange and Dr Fate

soo let's see:

Silver Surfer - 95
Superman - 93
Thor - 95
Black Adam - 94
Beta Ray Bill - 92
Gladiator - 92
Nova Prime - 90
Quasar - 92
Captain Marvel - 94
Wonder Woman - 90
Green Lantern (Hal) - 92

OMG I consider them all being top tiers...
Well yeah, power wise they all are

TheLordofMurder
IMHO Thor should be 100+ as he (especially if he's pulling out his major abilities) operates at levels (in certain area's) that are beyond that of even high heralds like the Surfer and Hal...

Case in point; what high herald can even come close to what Thor can unleash on an opponent with the Anti-Force or the God Blast? What high herald can even come close to matching Thors strength when he's in full Warriors Madness mode?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by dmills
Again, are we talking on average, or non CIS\PIS high showings? Because I just can't see the justification of Supes so high over BA, and CM. i think there going by average for some and high showings for some confused

TheLordofMurder
If going by average, then the consensus rating (so far at any rate) of 95-98 seems about right for Thor...

But he is capable of pulling out the big guns and amping himself (under his own power) to levels above 100...

Gecko4lif
Thor is beyond high heralds you damn russain judges

dmills
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
IMHO Thor should be 100+ as he (especially if he's pulling out his major abilities) operates at levels (in certain area's) that are beyond that of even high heralds like the Surfer and Hal...

Case in point; what high herald can even come close to what Thor can unleash on an opponent with the Anti-Force or the God Blast? What high herald can even come close to matching Thors strength when he's in full Warriors Madness mode? Call me crazy but I somewhat agree with this. We can't ignore B&T where he was soloing mid and high heralds. I'd say he was at or damn close to trans.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.