Kratos vs Dante (with a twist)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CosmicComet
No weapons. At all. They are limited to close quarters combat.

Fight takes place in a coliseum with a force field over it so escape is impossible.

iChaos
Which Dante?

CosmicComet
DMC 4 I guess. Unless you think DMC 2 would be noticeably better.

iChaos
I meant which Dante as in Dante's Inferno's Dante or Devil May Cry's Dante, but DMC2 Dante, I guess. Anyway, Kratos takes it, I guess.

CosmicComet
Ah...I didn't even think of the other one.

Demonic Phoenix
I chuckled at the which Dante convo.

~ Kratos wins.
Dante can only evade Kratos' grasp for so long, and Dante will tire out long before Kratos does...assuming he doesn't try to go in for a punch/kick when the match begins, in which case, Kratos could win in a few seconds.

CosmicComet
If you had to categorize Dante's fighting style, what would you say it is?

I guess Kratos' style is pankration...sort of?

Demonic Phoenix
Dante draws from a couple of styles I guess.

Charlotte Debial (a user here on KMC, and a hardcore Dante/DMC fan) stated that he utilizes Jeet Kune Do; some of his moves are obviously inspired by Street Fighter Ansatsuken moves.

~ Kratos doesn't utilize Pankration throws afaik. He's more of a rip to shreds kind of guy, or if that doesn't work, he focuses on systematically disabling/weakening his opponent by going for the limbs or inflicting wounds.

danteiscool
Dante does have some skill in mixed martial arts, at least that's the way some of his moves that he uses when using beowulf or gilgamesh appear to be. for the most part though, he's pretty much just... well not unpredictable, but he can get pretty inventive with some of his moves.

I doubt Dante would go down within the first few seconds of the fight. DMC3 Dante was 19 years old and he could lift around 40 tons and could take building busting attacks. in fact all of the attacks he took through out DMC3 were capable of bringing down buildings and DMC2 Dante is leagues beyond DMC3 Dante so if he does end up losing, Kratos is in for a fight.

Dante is also faster too and has quite a lot of stamina so there is a chance that he could win this.

CosmicComet
Jeet Kune Do focuses on every range though. Grappling included. Dante lacks a grappling game.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by danteiscool
Dante does have some skill in mixed martial arts, at least that's the way some of his moves that he uses when using beowulf or gilgamesh appear to be. for the most part though, he's pretty much just... well not unpredictable, but he can get pretty inventive with some of his moves.

I doubt Dante would go down within the first few seconds of the fight. DMC3 Dante was 19 years old and he could lift around 40 tons and could take building busting attacks. in fact all of the attacks he took through out DMC3 were capable of bringing down buildings and DMC2 Dante is leagues beyond DMC3 Dante so if he does end up losing, Kratos is in for a fight.

Dante is also faster too and has quite a lot of stamina so there is a chance that he could win this.

Depends on how Dante goes about it. His best chance is to rain in as many hits as he can, from all possible angles.

Without Gilgamesh/Beowulf and DT, Dante's striking power won't be as high as dudes like Zeus and Hercules. Kratos has actually taken punches from those two, and they've not even slowed him down in the slightest.

See, Dante is extremely fast, no doubt. Problem is, that Kratos actually can react to him, and likely follow his movements as well. So, if Dante actually goes in for a hit/kick the second the fight starts, and Kratos blocks his attack (and grabs him), Dante will either be hit much harder than he has ever been in his life, or he'll get ripped in half.

~ Not one attack made against Dante in DMC3 was Building busting level. Beowulf's punch only made a small crater in the floor.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Jeet Kune Do focuses on every range though. Grappling included. Dante lacks a grappling game.

I guess the striking portion of Jeet Kune Do then? I'm not very knowledgeable on Jeet Kune Do. You'll have to ask CD.

EDIT: Copypasta from the Dante Respect thread by Charlotte. I remembered it incorrectly.

"His Royal Guard stance and the philosophy behind it (redirection of energy, using the enemy's attacks against them) is likely a demonic adaptation of the Aikido style of martial arts. Most significantly, when fighting with Beowulf's Gauntlets and Greaves, Dante's stance and techniques seem to be a personalized Jeet Kune Do fighting system, with influences from western boxing in the straight punches and uppercuts, while the ax and side kicks appear to be Taekwondo. Vergil uses an identical stance and shares some of Dante's moves when equipping Beowulf, and seems eager to fight Dante with the gauntlets only a few minutes after acquiring them; thus, one can hypothesize that if Dante was taught Jeet Kune Do, it was done so alongside his older brother, who modified his own style with a emphasis on aerial kicks rather than Dante's preference for punches."

CosmicComet
I got to Aikido then immediately stopped reading.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/2333/seagalshoot.gif

Demonic Phoenix
Most significantly, when fighting with Beowulf's Gauntlets and Greaves, Dante's stance and techniques seem to be a personalized Jeet Kune Do fighting system, with influences from western boxing in the straight punches and uppercuts, while the ax and side kicks appear to be Taekwondo. Vergil uses an identical stance and shares some of Dante's moves when equipping Beowulf, and seems eager to fight Dante with the gauntlets only a few minutes after acquiring them; thus, one can hypothesize that if Dante was taught Jeet Kune Do, it was done so alongside his older brother, who modified his own style with a emphasis on aerial kicks rather than Dante's preference for punches.

I_Cheat_U_LOSE
Kratos grappling is superior to Dante's striking
Kratos can kill and dismember with his grappling, while Dante can only inflict HP damage with his striking.

Demonic Phoenix
With their stats equalized, I see this becoming more of a match.

What say ye CC?

BloodRawEngine
Dante's advantage here is speed, but I'm not about to say he can dish out half of a tenth of a thousanth the amount of raw impact power as the likes of Cronos.

If all h2h feats are into account, Dante's best ones are only done with amps, and while Kratos too has two different weapons that amp his strikes, his bare hands have some more ground than what I can recall from Dante's; in DMC3, he punched a statue to let off some steam after waking up from his fight with Vergil, and the top broke apart after a couple seconds, though the statue itself was tiny compared to the Flame of Olympus' chamber, which began to collapse during Kratos and Zeus' first fight in GoWIII, not to necessarily say that they were the ones bringing it about, but if that were the case or anything close to the case, then it could be considered viable, but even if not, Kratos delivering so many body blows to Zeus that his final haymaker caused the pillar to crumble is still accountable.

While I say that Kratos winning within the first few seconds may or may not be a reach depending on the timeframe for Dante (who supposedley reached his peak circa DMC4-DMC2), I really see no possibility of Dante killing Kratos with only hand-to-hand. In all, I'd say while speed is, again, Dante's main advantage here, if Kratos grabs hold of him, then that'll be all she wrote.

I assume we're not counting any gloves or amps whatsoever in even the slightest liberty beyond their barehands whatsoever. Cuz give them their best ones and Kratos would shit-stomp nine ways till Sunday based on who he killed.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Ah...I didn't even think of the other one.

Mostly cuz either one in this thread would rape that Dante.

CosmicComet
Yes no Nemean Cestus,Gauntlet of Zeus, Ifrit or Gilgamesh.

Dante CAN use his desperation devil trigger form and Kratos CAN use power of hope, but they are still limited to hand to hand.

wakkawakkawakka
How does the power of Hope help? Sure it let Kratos beat down Zeus' incarnation of Fear, but beating a god to death with his bare hands is something that he had already done without hope.

Not sure how Dante would fare off against a guy that matched Hercules and Zeus in brute force as well as resisted being crushed by Atlas.

CosmicComet
He crushed Poseidon with his bare hands.

Yet he could not kill Zeus with even the Blade of the Olympus.

Zeus is far above Poseidon.

CosmicComet
Bump

NemeBro
Obviously, Kratos has the vast advantage in physical strength, no need to explain.

Dante can move quicker than Kratos sure, but in a H2H fight that doesn't really matter quite as much, Kratos has showings that prove he can react to Dante's physical assault.

As for Kratos' fighting style which was brought up, eh. It's hard to place, since most foes Kratos places he can literally just tear to pieces. His only real physical fight was against Zeus, but from what I remember his strikes resembled boxing to me, and he has shown to implement counter-throws to Hermes' strikes, and stuff, so Pankration is probably the safest bet.

BloodRawEngine
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
How does the power of Hope help? Sure it let Kratos beat down Zeus' incarnation of Fear, but beating a god to death with his bare hands is something that he had already done without hope.

Not sure how Dante would fare off against a guy that matched Hercules and Zeus in brute force as well as resisted being crushed by Atlas.

Technically no. In the case with Poseidon, he was already on the verge of death by the time Kratos finished him off, Hades had his soul ripped out by his own weapons (that, and he continued to fight without much trouble even after Kratos tore off two giant chunks of his flesh). Helios, like Poseidon, was already weakened enough prior, and Hermes was kind of a pushover in the first place. With Hera, yes, Kratos snapped her neck like a twig just by squeezing it, but I think it was implied that the deteriorating earth kinda played into her struggle to keep her garden and what not alive, thus when she died, so did all plant life. And Hephaestus had already long since fallen from grace so he was little more than what you saw.

As previously said, Zeus is of course far above all the other Gods and Titans, thus the fact that Kratos amped by Hope's power was able to kill him bare-handed speaks more for what it'd be capable of against anyone below Zeus, which is the vast majority of the series characters if not the entirety. It was even stated that Hope was the most powerful force in the world within the series, beyond even the Flame of Olympus, which was stated to kill anyone who touches it, man or God. By powerscaling, the most powerful forces in the series are Hope, the Flame of Olympus, and the Blade of Olympus, more than likely in that order. A primed Kratos has two of these three things, and in this thread, is possibly allowed one (which happens to be the most powerful).

CosmicComet
Poseidon wasn't on the verge of death though. He was battered and bloody but could still very much function, hell he even fights back against kratos if you don't press any buttons.

It's not like Poseidon's injuries made his bones and skin any less tough. He was just bleeding a fair bit.

If a 100% healthy Poseidon stood there and let Kratos dish out the damage, Kratos would still be able to kill Poseidon with his bare hands.

Keep in mind how big a feat that is since Poseidon is able to fly at above mach 1, head first into a multi-million ton titan's chest and come out fine. Yet unamped punches from Kratos can hurt him (or hell even Zeus as seen in the first part of their fight in GoW3).

More proof is that olympian stone is strong enough to support Gaia's weight and tank a large boulder being thrown at it by a Titan, yet Kratos can demolish a large pillar made of the stuff just by punching Zeus into it.

thereciever
kratos can whip the crap out of dante he will make him his ***** idk why people are putting little poorshins of techniques in kratos put this way have kratos with all of of his techniques and dante will be gone thats why users are not putting most of his techniques because kratos will demolish dante.

voldra
dante is mixed and VERY creative. and will kill kratos in an interesting way.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by voldra
dante is mixed and VERY creative. and will kill kratos in an interesting way. Except he can't hang with Kratos' reaction time, bypass his durability, or handle his strength. haermm

BloodRain
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Except he can't hang with Kratos' reaction time, bypass his durability, or handle his strength. haermm
Ohh but he can.. just well.. not so much without weapons. Weaponless combat throws the ball into Kratos' field.

On that fighting style thing I'd have to go with JKD too. Both his moves and the main style his body actor trained in.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.