Ghost Rider's Pennance stare vs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
answer yes or no to which of these characters you think the pennance stare would work on.

Superman
Wonder Woman
Cylops with his most advanced visor
Green Lantern
Galactus
Juggernaut
WWH
Phoenix
Lobo
Thor
Silver Surfer

KingD19
It would definitely work on a lot of them...seeing as how they've all hurt or killed people....it just might not have the desired effect, like when he tried it on Deadpool.

Colossus-Big C
everyone except pheonix juggernaut and lobo

Flyattractor
Superman
WW
GL
Thor
SS
Nominal.
They are "good guys" so I would think the affect would probably be nominal at best.
Cause they already have guilt.
Juggy? Has he really done anything that bad?
I mean the doof seems to show up on super hero teams every other month now.
WWH. Now that could be interesting.
Which Phoenix? The Elemental. Probably be in the same boat as Galactus.
A force of nature and all that.
Jean Grey falls in to the same catergory as the other heros.
LOBO.
Of all on that list HE is probably the only one TRULY deserving of it.
If it worked. HE would probably explode and take what ever planet HE was on with HIM.
But HE is a sick twisted ****.
HE might be on of the few that could get off on it.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Superman
WW
GL
Thor
SS
Nominal.
They are "good guys" so I would think the affect would probably be nominal at best.
LOBO.
If it worked. HE would probably explode and take what ever planet HE was on with HIM.
HE might be on of the few that could get off on it. dont think you understood the question. its not a matter of who is innocent through out their entire life its a question on if the stare would work on those characters with their strengths, or any type of protection they would have over it.

Flyattractor
Their physical strength shouldn't even factor into it.
I put it down to a level of morality,and state of mental stability.
If you go out and do bad things,and arent' remorseful, the more the PS will have an affect on you.
It is made to work against "Evil People" but the PS has its downfalls.
Like how it dosen't really work on crazy people. Fanatics,or Drug Addicts that are high.
If Supes for instance decided to just fry Lex's nuts of with HV just because he hates the guy.
The PS would work on him cause Supes aint any of the above mentioned.
Same would go for all the others.
Cause as far as I know.
None of them have any magical defences to call on.

Superman
WW
GL
Thor
SS
Nominal.
LOBO.
HE might be on of the few that could get off on it. juggernaut murdered hundreds of peasants to prove his powerhunger and ruthlessness to cytorrak. this was a retcon of his origin of course, but I believe it is still canon

chomperx9
Originally posted by 753
juggernaut murdered hundreds of peasants to prove his powerhunger and ruthlessness to cytorrak. this was a retcon of his origin of course, but I believe it is still canon lobo has done some killing as well

Flyattractor
Originally posted by 753
juggernaut murdered hundreds of peasants to prove his powerhunger and ruthlessness to cytorrak. this was a retcon of his origin of course, but I believe it is still canon Then PS would turn him into a pile of Juggy Goo.
Orginally posted by Chomperx9
lobo has done some killing as well
See my prementioned statemen about mentalness,and planets blowing up.

Cause LOBO makes Juggy look like a quadrapoligic Kindergarner. Happy Dance

chomperx9
Then PS would turn him into a pile of Juggy Goo.

See my prementioned statemen about mentalness,and planets blowing up.

Cause LOBO makes Juggy look like a quadrapoligic Kindergarner. Happy Dance the crystal protects juggy from telepath but not sure if it would protect him from Riders PS

Flyattractor
I thought it was the helmet that protected him?
And is PS "telepathy"?

chomperx9
I thought it was the helmet that protected him?
And is PS "telepathy"? his helmet protects him from telepathy as well but the cyrstal is supposed to protect him from anything messing around in his head as well.

and don think PS is considered Telepathy. if your thinking i thought it was then no i was just curious of the crystal would protect him from such a thing. like would the cyrstal protect juggy from Saurons stare. thats a little different than telepathy as well.

chomperx9
Originally posted by chomperx9
answer yes or no to which of these characters you think the pennance stare would work on.

Superman
Wonder Woman
Cylops with his most advanced visor
Green Lantern
Galactus
Juggernaut
WWH
Phoenix
Lobo
Thor
Silver Surfer Thanos and Darkseid have been added to the list

Cubey
Dont think it'll work on Darkseid. We've seen the Spectre try to kill Darkseid and just be denied straight-up... He didn't mess with his soul but considering the similarity between their soul-based powers... might not work.

And I dont think it'll work on Juggernaut (protected by Cuttorak), Phoenix, or Galactus either.

Uriel005
Juggy has protection i think cytorrak ain't gonna let no other demon abilities take down his champion in such a cheezy fashion.

KingD19
Originally posted by chomperx9
his helmet protects him from telepathy as well but the cyrstal is supposed to protect him from anything messing around in his head as well.

and don think PS is considered Telepathy. if your thinking i thought it was then no i was just curious of the crystal would protect him from such a thing. like would the cyrstal protect juggy from Saurons stare. thats a little different than telepathy as well.

No....the crystal doesn't protect him from telepathy.....it's the only thing it doesn't protect him from. If it did, they wouldn't go through the trouble of ripping his helmet off and blasting him with telepathy every time they fight him.

Sauron's stare might work....but it wouldn't be more than a temporary setback. I mean, he got flayed to a glowing skeleton and it didn't slow him down.

AsbestosFlaygon
Everyone sans Lobo, since he doesn't have a soul.

chomperx9
Originally posted by KingD19
No....the crystal doesn't protect him from telepathy.....it's the only thing it doesn't protect him from. If it did, they wouldn't go through the trouble of ripping his helmet off and blasting him with telepathy every time they fight him.

Sauron's stare might work....but it wouldn't be more than a temporary setback. I mean, he got flayed to a glowing skeleton and it didn't slow him down. I made GR vs Saron thread one time but got closed. I asked what do you think would happen if GR and Sauron were to stare at eachother right in the eyes at the same time. what would happen to either one ?

KingD19
Do Sauron's powers work on an agent of Heaven/Hell? One of the most powerful at that?

I know the Penance Stare would work on Sauron...he's done some pretty nasty stuff.

chomperx9
Originally posted by KingD19
Do Sauron's powers work on an agent of Heaven/Hell? One of the most powerful at that?

I know the Penance Stare would work on Sauron...he's done some pretty nasty stuff. GRs would work for sure but Curious if Saurons would work. and i dont remember hearing any limits to his control stare.

KingD19
I never heard any limits either...but the chances of a mutates powers working on one of the most powerful spirits of vengeance, in either heaven or hell is a bit slim.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.