Valentine's Day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fitch

BackFire349
stupid holiday. promotes loneliness and sorrow to all of those who dont have a significant other. plus who wants to read those lame hallmark cards.

finti
just like xmas

Fitch
in my country we didn't had Valentine's Day,but for 3 years we started celebrating it,as we try to "americanize" everything.So I really don't belive in it,but I puted for you guys who have such a day....

BackFire349
well the difference between xmas and valentines day is...while both are very commercialized and promote false values, xmas is at least a special day, jesus' birthday. valentines day is nothing.

legolas_luver
well i guess i can say HAPPY VALENTINES DAY for like friends but i normally wouldnt cos i know i wont get anything i sent out my first valentines card and found it hard what to write (plz dont laugh.............actually plz do proceed.) yesterday.
oh well valentines day is just an orandary day for me. sick

finti
dont belive in Jesus so for me xmas is like valentines day , a load of crap.
what is this day called in Romania, Vladtines day?

queeq
Lovely day for commerce.

finti
blood red hearts for Vlad

queeq
Which is another word for the leeches that want to empty your wallest in the name of love.

Ushgarak
I preferred it last year.

mah
was that when you got the pig?..or was that a birthday

Ushgarak
Well, what I got was the card, having been forcibly made to promise to ignore Valentine's and not get anything. She then sent me the card anyway so in anger and embarrassment I got the pig.

mah
'twas a nice pig too

Ushgarak
Certainly was.

Dim
I love Valentine's day. *gush gush*

queeq
I bet you do. Bet you got lots of money too.

Dim
Nope...I'm penniless. But that doesn't really matter because I'm not going to buy anything big for my Bfriend..and he's not going to buy anything big for me..

Tex
Many liberal women in America refuse to celebrate Valentines Day, cause they say its degrading to women or something.

So today they celebrate Vagina Day instead!

I wonder if Hallmark has started making cards?

Fitch
I bet it did.
anyway,to answer your question Finti,there is a traditional day in Romania with almost the same goal like Valentine's Day,called Dragobete.But since the ppl around here want to "think" like the americans,we started to forget our national traditions.

Raz
Happy Valentines!

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/mirror/feb2003/1/8/00010A29-9D0C-1E4C-9CC180BFB6FA0000.jpg

Tex
Yeah, I saw that on the web and posted it in the Political DF this morning.
A little smaller than yours.

Dont they look happy together?
I wonder which ones suppose to be the 'man'?wink

Ushgarak
What do Vagina day cards look like?

Odd to say it is degrading to women seeing all the shit men put up with on this day as well.

ms_saigon
Valentine's Day sucks even when you are in a relationship. There are all these expectations for a perfectly romantic day and it's all a crock. I don't want phony romance one day a year. I want the real thing all year long.

Tex
Hence Vagina Day.

Captain REX
The people next door are smooching each other to death...eck!

Anyway, boring holiday.

Tex
Not so boring seeing as you can watch people smooching each other to death!

You have to make best with these things Rex.big grin

Ushgarak
You can die from smooching!?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP!!!

Fitch
eek!

mah
each day you hear about something new that's unhealthysmile

Tex
Yeah, but you dont have to worry about this one Mahstick out tongue

mah
evil!

Tex

mah
that's just mean...you know, really, that's fugly and foul-minded madness.

Bad Boy
Guess how I spent my Valentines Day?

Met up with 3 of my friends, Daniel, Ruth and Tom.

Daniel and Ruth have just found out that they are pregnant, so there really ****ed up now. I was sober apart from the other 3, and so when the emotions when high Daniel punched Tom, making me step in and getting punched myself by Daniel.

He's then on the floor screaming that's he sorry. Then his mum pulls up in the car and start provoking him saying whats wrong. She finds out whats happens and starts shouting abuse to him. He goes ****ing crazy! Jumps on the car, smashing it to pieces.

Then he just breaks down. Tom goes home and I'm left looking after the two. Then I go home and cry my eyes out, they've ruined their lives!

Tex
Did you say somethin?
*yawn*
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

mah
why, you..!

Fitch
laughing out loud........oh,and sad for you BB.

mechmoggy
BB, thats just plain messed up dude. Hope things works out OK.

I wasn't here for Valentines as Mrs.MM and I nipped off to one of our favourite hotels for a meal, bed and breakfast. Its nice to have a treat now and again, and by doing this we both get to enjoy what would otherwise usually be a "ladies" day IMHO.

Anyhoo, back to reality this weekend as I've go to build all new fencing in my back garden. ****. sad

Catch 22
We had our Valentines day on Saturday because Mandy had to work on Friday night.

Dinner and a movie, which we both enjoyed.

finti
what the dinner or the movie

Catch 22
I'm 350lbs, what do you think. laughing out loud

finti
you dont wanna know evil face

Catch 22
stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.