Star Trek tv Series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

messy
Hey - hope im posting this in the right area,

I never got into Star Trek was always more a Star Wars fan, but I saw the 2009 Movie and thought it was awesome so i want to check out a couple of the Star Trek series.

I have seen there's like 5 or 6 different series like the original, Next Generation, Deep space 9, voyager and enterprise.

Are these series all linked in some way .. meaning i should start with the original series? If not, which of the series would people recommend is start with??

Cheers,

-messy

Robtard
-The Original Series is set in the 23rd century. (aired in the 60's)

-Star Trek: The Next Generation is set in the 24th century, or about 80 years after Captain Kirk and TO.S (aired 80's-90's)

-Deep Space Nine is set in the 24th century and it's in tune with the 2nd or 3rd season of ST:TNG, going onward. (aired in the 90's)

-Star Trek: Voyager is set in the 24th century; it takes place in the Delta Quadrant (far away from Earth) and it's in tune with the 4th or 5th season of ST:TNG. (aired 90's-00's)

-Star Trek: Enterprise takes place in the 22nd century. Before TOS. (aired 00's)

The three 24th century shows have links and crossovers in some fashion, though they're independent shows, ie you could watch one and not the other two and be fine. Personally, I'd do TNG, DS9 and then Voyager in that order, as they aired on TV.

Starting with Enterprise wouldn't be bad idea either from a time-line perspective. TOS you cold skip all together, though I do love them for being so cheesy.

jennifermoss
I have heard a lot from my friends about Star Trek TV Series but haven't watch it.

Admiral Akbar
I would recommend what Robtard recommended as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.