Storm versus Temari

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RLAAMJR.
They start a kilometer apart

Who will win?

RE: Blaxican
Storm, imo. 1 km apart gives her a crazy reach advantage.

KingD19
Doesn't Temari use wind attacks? Which means Storm can do whatever she wants with them?

Hmm, dunno. It isn't just wind; the wind is created (or at least shaped and directed) from chakra. So I don't know if Storm could control it.

Creshosk
Trying to bypass the rules are we.? sly

KingD19
From what I've seen....once she unleashes an attack, it's no longer under her control. But I forgot most of what she did except swing around a big ass fan...so I could be wrong.

Wei Phoenix
Storm wins.

Demonic Phoenix
If it's Marvel Storm, she rapes.

Lightning is all that is needed.

NemeBro
Storm rapes Temari, as delightfully sexily as possible.

Q99
Originally posted by KingD19
Doesn't Temari use wind attacks? Which means Storm can do whatever she wants with them?

She uses wind/pressure blasts of very high power, I don't think Storm's automatically immune to those (that is, she could cancel them out with air of her own, but will have to spend effort to actively defend).

Temari's best option might be to rush in and go melee, she'd finish Storm quickly if she got up close.

But like the others have said, the range gives Storm a major advantage and she'd have to not-get-hit-by-lightning while closing. Which is possible but difficult.

Demonic Phoenix
Temari hasn't shown anything close to Lightning level reactions I think.

The only one who has is Itachi, but that could be attributed to his Sharingan.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

The only one who has is Itachi No.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
No.

Itachi reacted to Kirin, technically speaking.

draxx_tOfU
Ororo fries Temari's brain with lightning just by looking at her...

**Rutog would be proud of me**

Q99
Temari hasn't shown anything close to Lightning level reactions I think.

The only one who has is Itachi, but that could be attributed to his Sharingan.

You don't need to be faster than the lightning, just the aim of the person firing it.

Ninja can temporarily disappear from sight with their speed, after all.

NemeBro
Itachi reacted to Kirin, technically speaking. He reacted to Sasuke's firing of Kirin, not Kirin itself.

Q99
He reacted to Sasuke's firing of Kirin, not Kirin itself.

Yes, very much so.

Demonic Phoenix
He reacted to Sasuke's firing of Kirin, not Kirin itself.

He was looking at the sky, not Sasuke or his hand. He didn't form Susano'o until after Kirin was fired off.

At least, that's how the anime shows it, while the manga is slightly less...clear. Still, Itachi seems to be looking at the sky, not Sasuke's hand.

Originally posted by Q99
You don't need to be faster than the lightning, just the aim of the person firing it.

Ninja can temporarily disappear from sight with their speed, after all.

Yeah, I doubt Temari would be able to see Storm's line of fire when she's firing off a Lightning bolt from hundreds of meters away. Storm can also fly, and I am not able to remember if Temari can fly, but she likely cannot.

Q99

Yeah, I doubt Temari would be able to see Storm's line of fire when she's firing off a Lightning bolt from hundreds of meters away.

She doesn't need to see exactly where Storm's aiming either. She just needs to shunshin around enough or otherwise move unpredictably enough that Storm doesn't have a good bead on her. Briefly disappearing from sight every few moments is a great way not to get hit.

No, but she can leap several hundred feet in the air like most ninja, and has strong ranged attacks.

NemeBro
Storm has reactions to dodge Cyclop's lightspeed blasts.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Q99
She doesn't need to see exactly where Storm's aiming either. She just needs to shunshin around enough or otherwise move unpredictably enough that Storm doesn't have a good bead on her. Briefly disappearing from sight every few moments is a great way not to get hit.

No, but she can leap several hundred feet in the air like most ninja, and has strong ranged attacks.

Not her style though. Her style consists of sending attacks towards her opponents, not dodging around the arena.
Besides, Lightning travels exponentially faster than anyone in the Naruto-verse does. If Storm's aim is true and she doesn't telegraph, Temari's down the second she stops running.

~ What's Temari's range? Without the Kamatari? With it, I'd say it's about a few hundred meters.

Storm has reactions to dodge Cyclop's lightspeed blasts.

She has casually reacted to lightning bolts though. 313

They're very fast in RL. (No, much greater than 60,000 m/s)

Endless Mike
ROFLMAO

Storm is an Alpha level mutant who could control the weather over the whole world. She could even open a tornado inside of Temari's spine. She solos Narutoverse effortlessly.

RLAAMJR.
I think Temari still needs to breathe in order to live.

Storm can stop temari from breathing. Just like what she did in X-Men Worlds Apart.

Q99
Not her style though. Her style consists of sending attacks towards her opponents, not dodging around the arena.

We mostly see her when she's already fairly close and often in a position of superiority though, and if there's a threat she definitely can dodge around.

Lightning's speed is fairly much irrevelant to dodge difficulty. If she's being a fairly fast unpredictable target, then Storm's aim is much less likely to be true.

I would think in the same general area, just with a lot less zone of effect.

KingD19
Just so everybody here knows, RLAAMJR is the ultimate Storm fanboy....nobody can beat Storm in his opinion.

Ridley_Prime
Storm fanboyism on KMC? Unheard of!

Anyone remember 2damnloud?

NemeBro
To be fair I am pretty sure Storm can in fact stop Temari from breathing.

TheAuraAngel
To be fair I am pretty sure Storm can in fact stop Temari from breathing.

And then she'll take mercy on her defeated opponent and revive her with mouth to mouth.313

RLAAMJR.
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
And then she'll take mercy on her defeated opponent and revive her with mouth to mouth.313

nice one.",)

I don't think Temari can dodge a lightning strike too.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Storm fanboyism on KMC? Unheard of!

Anyone remember 2damnloud?

Because saying Storm can solo a universe of weak ninjas is the same as saying that she's greater than Magneto, Thanos, Superman, Phoenix, etc.

Notice I didn't say "Storm drops the galactic core on Temari" roll eyes (sarcastic)

NemeBro
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Because saying Storm can solo a universe of weak ninjas is the same as saying that she's greater than Magneto, Thanos, Superman, Phoenix, etc.

Notice I didn't say "Storm drops the galactic core on Temari" roll eyes (sarcastic) You will also notice that Ridley was not commenting on your post, in fact no one did, nor did Ridley post his opinion on the outcome on this fight.

You're dropping the ball man.

Q99

Heh, Storm soloing Naruto.

The Naruto ninja regularly get pretty strongly underestimated. There's plenty that'd have no problem with Storm.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Q99
Heh, Storm soloing Naruto.

The Naruto ninja regularly get pretty strongly underestimated. There's plenty that'd have no problem with Storm.

She's an Alpha level mutant that could wipe out the surface of the earth with hurricanes if she wanted to.

Q99
She's an Alpha level mutant that could wipe out the surface of the earth with hurricanes if she wanted to.

She's also fragile and has at best somewhat enhanced reaction times, plenty of ninja could take her out in a fight easily and could get to her even if there's a hurricane going on.

Raw destructive power doesn't always equal winning fights. If Temari uses body flicker constantly enough, she even stands a pretty darn good chance in this one.

RLAAMJR.
Originally posted by Q99
She's also fragile and has at best somewhat enhanced reaction times, plenty of ninja could take her out in a fight easily and could get to her even if there's a hurricane going on.

Raw destructive power doesn't always equal winning fights. If Temari uses body flicker constantly enough, she even stands a pretty darn good chance in this one.

Hmmmm... Storm flies faster than most naruto characters. Even Itachi isn't as fast as lightning which explain why he wasn't able to dodge Sasuke's kirin.

Storm , going berserk can take out all oxygen in a short time.

I believe more now that Storm will win against temari

KingD19
Originally posted by RLAAMJR.
Hmmmm... Storm flies faster than most naruto characters. Even Itachi isn't as fast as lightning which explain why he wasn't able to dodge Sasuke's kirin.

Storm , going berserk can take out all oxygen in a short time.

I believe more now that Storm will win against temari

Her flight speed has never been recorded, but since she flies by gliding on the wind, it can't be more than a few hundred mph. She might actually be slower than I'm giving her credit for.

Ninja go from village to village in hours casually. During combat they often become blurs...meaning they're really moving too fast to be seen, but we the viewers have to be able to see something.

And Itachi could have dodge Kirin, but there's no reason to dodge when you've got Susanoo and you want to lose the fight.

Kirin itself actually takes a while to prepare, which is why we've only seen Sasuke use it once. If he wanted, Itachi could've killed him befor ethe move was even halfway complete, but like I said, he let Sasuke win.

Q99
Originally posted by RLAAMJR.

Who cares about being faster than lightning? One only needs to be fast enough that they won't be hit, and that's the speed of Storm's aim, not the speed of lightning.

Speedwise, like KingD19, she's probably not more than a few hundred MPH. Much less maneuverable too.

Someone like Minato or Madara or Yugito Nii (anyone with a chakra blast, really) or Orochimaru could handle her fairly casually.

So she's going to be flying away at full speed and sucking oxygen at the same time? I doubt it.

She can remove air from an area, but a ninja can remove themselves from an area quickly too, as well as attack quickly.

About the only of Storm's attacks that can be done while fleeing is just making highly destructive weather in the area, and that's unlikely to kill a ninja, especially a strong air-user like Temari.

If she's not fleeing and instead focusing on attack, Storm can do a lot more like throw lightning with a chance of hitting and remove air, but then she has to do it before the ninja uses their attacks to win.

If this is Temari, then Storm's going to have to spend effort summoning winds strong enough to stop those slicing air blades, and with the summoned-weasel from two sources no less, so that'll take a lot of concentration away from attacking. It's who takes out the other one first.

Temari can be taken out or take her out. Some other ninja would have much more certain odds.

amnesia
why isn't this closed?

Endless Mike
You're an idiot. Storm has reacted to actual lightning, which makes her reaction times at least hundreds of times the speed of sound.

Q99
And she's also missed hitting fast targets before.

wakkawakkawakka
This is definitely a rape even if you do give Temari benefit of the doubt.

Q99
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
This is definitely a rape even if you do give Temari benefit of the doubt.

No, no it's really not.

Storm is not Bullseye with lightning that hits every time and can do a dozen major weather things at once.

wakkawakkawakka
Okay I'll admit to overhyping Storn in the Kisame thread, I still think she wins, but what's Temari going to do?

C'mon it's Temari! That right there should state why I think Storm rapes.

Q99
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Okay I'll admit to overhyping Storn in the Kisame thread, I still think she wins, but what's Temari going to do?

C'mon it's Temari! That right there should state why I think Storm rapes.

Let's say.... make five shadow clones so she can attack from different angles.

All procede to move erratically at high speed towards Ororo with body flickers, making hits difficult.

All of them will also throw cutting-wind attacks. This will make her have to spend effort on defense.

And, in not a very long time at all, one or more of them will reach Storm for melee.

Storms winds, while strong, I don't think are ever cutting-level focused (or at least not "cut down a forest" level focused), they're more like high level real storms. She will have to spend significant energy to defend against them, and if she's being hit by several from different angles they might even get through and cause damage. Especially as Temari(s) get closer.

If both fought like she does in the comics, she'd lose. If she fought more optimally, forum-style, Storm'll win a lot more, but of course Temari will also be making more optimal use of her powers under those circumstances too. Like throw in another 30 insubstantial clones in addition to the physical ones.

NemeBro
Temari has never actually used a shadow clone.

Fun fact.

AthenasTrgrFngr
it wouldn't make sense for her to i dont think, kage bunshin's a forbidden technique

she can make regular bunshins

storm murders her by the way

Q99
Only the mass-shadow clone version is forbidden, the normal version that only makes a few is fine.

If she fights like she normally does in the comics, Ororo probably loses.

Temari has never actually used a shadow clone.

Fun fact.

Yea, but every jonin has access to some sort of physical clone. Either shadow or sand or water or so on.

The insubstantial ones at the least are one of the universal jutsu, so even if we don't assume she can make physical ones, there's no way she can't make dozens of insubstantial ones.

NemeBro
Actually only Gaara has ever used a Sand Clone, no other Sand ninja has used clones at all.

=D

Q99
Actually only Gaara has ever used a Sand Clone, no other Sand ninja has used clones at all.

=D

Yea, we don't know what kinds they'd use, but solid clones are fairly universal to high-level ninja, and insubstantial clones even more-so.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, we don't know what kinds they'd use, but solid clones are fairly universal to high-level ninja, and insubstantial clones even more-so.

Even giving her access to basis Jonin skills Storm still rapes her.

Did I mention that it's "Temari"?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4762/1074958-xmenworldsapart014_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4762/1074959-xmenworldsapart015_super.jpg

Yes, Storm wins 10/10. Why? ... because she's in Africa in those scans. no expression

Letum Lettow
The ****** rapes the white girl.

Q99
I must admit Storm seems to be quite a bit more powerful than I was thinking).

Though she still is going to need correct targeting (not easy on a high-speed dodging target with decoys) and still has human frailty.

NemeBro
Storm has above human reactions, Mike says lightning, and Mike generally knows what he is talking about.

It's admittedly stupid that she could react that fast, but meh, comics and shit.

Originally posted by Q99
I must admit Storm seems to be quite a bit more powerful than I was thinking).

Though she still is going to need correct targeting (not easy on a high-speed dodging target with decoys) and still has human frailty.

She bullseyed an advanced high-tech jet fighter that was flying through the atmosphere on the other side of the planet... using just her mind.

Q99
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
She bullseyed an advanced high-tech jet fighter that was flying through the atmosphere on the other side of the planet... using just her mind.

Yes, a target moving in a strait line at consistent speed and not using decoys.

Which isn't to say it's not massively impressive, but it's not quite the same situation.

Storm takes the majority but I think the sand ninja does get the odd fluke.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Q99
Yes, a target moving in a strait line at consistent speed and not using decoys. You forgot to mention moving at a considerably faster speed.

Also, other side of the planet. no expression

Q99
You forgot to mention moving at a considerably faster speed.

So? If something's moving at a consistent speed, then all a higher speed does is mean you have to lead more and you can take your time doing it. It's a much easier challenge than an erratic target, I'm sure most normal people at the controls of a laser satellite could do so regularly with a little practice.

Also, lightning's even naturally attracted to large aircraft.

Yes, very impressive smile But it doesn't necessarily make hitting a close target easier.

A much better example would be, say, hitting Wolverine while he's leaping through the air, or someone doing mid-air acrobatics, or Quicksilver.

Letum Lettow
So Q, how it is, fun-wise, debating on a board with such lax standards compared to your other stomping ground?

what is this i dont even

RLAAMJR.
Here's another one:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4762/1086978-lightningfromclearsky.jpg

NemeBro
On an unrelated note Black Panther is a ****** and Reginald Hudlin deserves to die.

Q99
RLAAMJR- Not a dodging/evasive target.

Originally posted by Letum Lettow
So Q, how it is, fun-wise, debating on a board with such lax standards compared to your other stomping ground?

It takes some getting used to smile

But I do like debating so it's still fun.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Q99
And she's also missed hitting fast targets before.

As if that negates her feats roll eyes (sarcastic)

Temari would not even be able to get near her when she has a category 5 or higher hurricane around her, and she could create a tornado inside of Temari's skull (yes, she can do that).

Q99
How long does it take her to whip up a class 5?

As if that negates her feats roll eyes (sarcastic)

It doesn't, I'm just saying it's a different type of feat.

Like if I asked for someone to post an example of the most precise thing Superman had done with his heat vision and they gave me a scan of him going wide-angle full blast. It wouldn't show precision at all.

What I'm getting from these examples is that Storm probably hasn't shown the level of targeting needed for a precise strike (which I initially thought she'd need), but'll win simply on raw area destruction instead.

Letum Lettow
I'm betting on Storm. It isn't even about the lightning, its about the fact that Storm has shown Kage-level power on occasion, Temari is powerful, but not that powerful.

NemeBro
If Storm can open a tornado in your skull then she certainly has the precision to take out Temari.

RLAAMJR.
If Storm can open a tornado in your skull then she certainly has the precision to take out Temari.

I've heard that Storm gave Iceman some Stomach pains. Not sure if it was true.

But then again, Storm has shown the ability to control air finely that she won't allow you to breathe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.