Zoro vs Neji

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
Fight on an iron cage.

Pick the versions of Zoro and Neji that are less apart in power level.

NemeBro
That's almost impossible.

danteiscool
I don't really read OP, but even I know that the difference in power is vast.

Q99
Originally posted by danteiscool
I don't really read OP, but even I know that the difference in power is vast.

It's decreased over time, as Naruto's power has increased proportionally more as things go on in it's series than OP's has.

The best matchup here is probably Jonin Neji vs beginning Zoro. Jonin Neji's more dangerous than a lot of people Zoro fought in the East Blue (granted, Zoro won't start out stabbed or otherwise wounded in this fight...).

Early on, Zoro has a lot of strength but he can neither do shockwave attacks or slice through steel, so Neji's defense might actually be a major problem for him.

NemeBro
The gap has hardly "decreased" when there are One Piece characters who can take on the entirety of the NArutoverse by themselves.

amnesia
Originally posted by NemeBro
The gap has hardly "decreased" when there are One Piece characters who can take on the entirety of the NArutoverse by themselves.

So OP character do get a significant increase in power level?

Bentley
It these two particular characters I think Neji has got exactly one upgrade while Zoro has at least two minor upgrades -cutting steel and that nine-sword strike- and is going to get his first big one in a few weeks. Jonin Neji vs East-blue Zoro sounds about right.

NemeBro
Originally posted by amnesia
So OP character do get a significant increase in power level? They get stronger over time, as Oda has stated, but yes, they do.

The first major noticeable leap in power that was explicitly shown IMO was Crocodile's appearance, followed by Enel's.

amnesia
They get stronger over time, as Oda has stated, but yes, they do.

The first major noticeable leap in power that was explicitly shown IMO was Crocodile's appearance, followed by Enel's.

Does Luffy get increased power? Because stretching can only get you so far.

NemeBro
Originally posted by amnesia
Does Luffy get increased power? Because stretching can only get you so far. Yeah, by alot.

Luffy can do more than just stretch though, his physical abilities are explicitly superhuman.

Bentley
Luffy has learned two gears and he's become increasingly stronger and faster, specially after reaching Grandline.

Q99

I don't think any OP character could do that, at least not and be assured of success, what with all the hax abilities. Kizaru or Enel'd probably be the most likely to pull it off, but even someone like Whitebeard wouldn't be able to.

But anyway, I'm talking more general level than just the few top characters. The strength difference between the genin that made up 80% of the fighting pre-time skip, and the fighting we've seen recently (be it S-class, or just post-timeskip versions of prior characters), is huge. It represents a significant increase in stats across the board, speed, strength, and jutsu, Shippuden Naruto could beat starting Naruto with one hand tied behind his back and his eyes closed, and a Jonin like Neji could probably take the Rookie 9 as-of the chunin exams pretty easily. The Naruto characters started weak and became a lot stronger.

The gap between the Strawhat crew starting out and post-Skypiea crew is comparatively small, incremental increases. They got one sizable power up around Water 7, but not . Crocodile could be fought successfully right after they entered the Grand Line, and they've still not reached his level of power, just gotten closer to it. They're stronger, but they started strong to begin with and haven't gotten to the point where they could brush their old selves aside, so their power hasn't had the same proportional increase.

Drop current Naruto in OP and he's a badass. Not many pirates we've seen could stand up to him, only the really top pirates and navy people.

Drop early Naruto into OP, even early OP, and while he has an interesting ability, he's pretty weak.

He's one of the most increased of the crew, or at least the strong members.

Usopp and Nami get pretty big increases, but they started with almost nothing.

Also worth noting, Luffy does have superhuman strength.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Q99
I don't think any OP character could do that, at least not and be assured of success, what with all the hax abilities. Kizaru or Enel'd probably be the most likely to pull it off, but even someone like Whitebeard wouldn't be able to.

But anyway, I'm talking more general level than just the few top characters. The strength difference between the genin that made up 80% of the fighting pre-time skip, and the fighting we've seen recently (be it S-class, or just post-timeskip versions of prior characters), is huge. It represents a significant increase in stats across the board, speed, strength, and jutsu, Shippuden Naruto could beat starting Naruto with one hand tied behind his back and his eyes closed, and a Jonin like Neji could probably take the Rookie 9 as-of the chunin exams pretty easily. The Naruto characters started weak and became a lot stronger.

The gap between the Strawhat crew starting out and post-Skypiea crew is comparatively small, incremental increases. They got one sizable power up around Water 7, but not . Crocodile could be fought successfully right after they entered the Grand Line, and they've still not reached his level of power, just gotten closer to it. They're stronger, but they started strong to begin with and haven't gotten to the point where they could brush their old selves aside, so their power hasn't had the same proportional increase.

Drop current Naruto in OP and he's a badass. Not many pirates we've seen could stand up to him, only the really top pirates and navy people.

Drop early Naruto into OP, even early OP, and while he has an interesting ability, he's pretty weak. Enel could not be so much as harmed by most Naruto characters, and could one damn near any of them, and many of them at once. If he gets Maxim, lol. Whitebeard could pretty easily do it. He could destroy entire villages with a single attack in ways that make Pain look like child's-play, the hardest part would be walking to each separate village.

This is true.

This is not true. It is directly stated by Oda that with each arc, the crew gets progressively stronger. This is even brought up by Zoro, noting that without even realising it, they have each gotten stronger. Crocodile could be fought once his weakness was discovered, yes, but overall he is still noticeably above the crewmates individually, and he is arguably the weakest Shichibukai. Let's think of Boa Hancock, who was able to easily destroy Pacifista left and right, it took the crew working in tandem to take out one.

Luffy did the equivelant Sage Mode Naruto's best strength feat in the Arlong arc. He has only gotten stronger. Any Shichibukai would effortlessly dispatch him, even Arlong, based on his fight with Luffy, may give him trouble. Although it is hard to say now, since we do not know what Naruto's latest powerup entirely means. One Piece characters are also much faster than Naruto characters, considerably.

Bentley
High-end Naruto characters -those we've seen at least- are able to hang with some of the OP characters, it's a weird balance because Narutoverse has versatility in spades while OP tends to be more focused in certain aspects.

By looking at Crocodile's feats during the War arc, I'd say he may be able to hang with Moria and maybe with Hancock. I wouldn't put it past some of the high end OP characters to solo the Narutoverse if they have the right information about the opposition.

amnesia
How powerful is that Shanks guy? And when does he join for real real

NemeBro
Shanks still has yet to do much in terms of fighting.

His appearance was enough to end all the fighting at the Battle of MArinford though, so he is implied to be the shit.

Bentley
Shanks implied power is among the strongest pirates in the OP universe, he went one on one against WB and walked unscathed.

draxx_tOfU
I personally think that Rayleigh is stronger than Shanks, and Kizaru stalemated Rayleigh, and Marco stalemated Kizaru, yet Garp was able to pwn Marco even in phoenix form...

Garp is awesome!...

as for the topic, any version of Zoro destroys Neji...

Q99
Enel could not be so much as harmed by most Naruto characters, and could one damn near any of them, and many of them at once. If he gets Maxim, lol. Whitebeard could pretty easily do it. He could destroy entire villages with a single attack in ways that make Pain look like child's-play, the hardest part would be walking to each separate village.

I don't think any of Whitebeard's attacks did more damage than Pain's. The largest one was shaking up Marineford.

Let's also not forget genjutsu, soul removal, kamui, etc..

There's more to a fight than mass destruction.

I'm not saying they aren't getting stronger, just that difference isn't as huge.

How many times stronger do you think current Luffy is than starting his voyage? East Blue Luffy could still put up some fight IMO.

Now, compare to the difference between Zabuza saga Naruto and Sage Naruto (or heck, even non-sage Shippuden Naruto). 50 of him would be useless against Sage Naruto.

He's got a lot more than strength, his primary attack is rasenshuriken after all... and I think the Summon-tossing is more than the strength shown in the Arlong arc.

I think Sage Naruto'd pretty solidly beat Arlong.

What's the speed of OP characters? They're faster than part 1 Naruto characters, but I'm not sure if the same can be said of the higher speed Naruto ones, the difference doesn't look all that huge to me.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Q99
I don't think any of Whitebeard's attacks did more damage than Pain's. The largest one was shaking up Marineford.

Let's also not forget genjutsu, soul removal, kamui, etc..

There's more to a fight than mass destruction.

I'm not saying they aren't getting stronger, just that difference isn't as huge.

How many times stronger do you think current Luffy is than starting his voyage? East Blue Luffy could still put up some fight IMO.

Now, compare to the difference between Zabuza saga Naruto and Sage Naruto (or heck, even non-sage Shippuden Naruto). 50 of him would be useless against Sage Naruto.

He's got a lot more than strength, his primary attack is rasenshuriken after all... and I think the Summon-tossing is more than the strength shown in the Arlong arc.

I think Sage Naruto'd pretty solidly beat Arlong.

What's the speed of OP characters? They're faster than part 1 Naruto characters, but I'm not sure if the same can be said of the higher speed Naruto ones, the difference doesn't look all that huge to me. 1. Pain destroyed Konoha (Which is not that big), and made a small mountain with Chibaku Tensei. Whitebeard casually quaked Marineford and the sea beyond it, and could easily cause tidal waves by creating quakes on the bottom of the ocean that would have envoloped and destroyed much or all of Marineford, if not for Aokiji.

I was going to get a scan, but apparently M@ngaf0x is no longer hosting it. Ghey.

Genjutsu is so laughably useless in damn near all cases that do not involve a Sharingan, and you forget that certain sufficiently powerful characters, Whitebeard, Kuma, Enel, Kizaru, etc., are at the very least powerful enough to kill any Naruto character near them. Soul removal is only useable by one of Pain's bodies, and I guess the Gedo Maizo or however you spell it, which Pain would never get the chance to use and cannot use in his last seen form. As for Kamui, only Kakashi and Madara have abilities kind of like that, Kakashi would never get the chance to use it (What with Konoha being instantly obliterated), though Madara admittedly might be cheap enough to pull it off, though it is not foolproof as we have seen, and many OP characters could take him out before he could use it.

I know, only OP characters also have speed to their advantage, which allows them to use their destructive attacks before Naruto can truly implement their greater versatility, this combined with their relatively shitty durability means Narutoverse would be ****ed against some OP characters.

2. Much stronger. There is not even a comparison. Higher base physical stats, Gears, and Haki make current Luffy make East Blue Luffy look irrelevant. EB Luffy had trouble fighting Arlong, whereas current Luffy can at least hang with some of the higher tiers in OP now, although he is not as strong as he will be end of series, though there will probably be a time skip so he can master Haki, as you know. That is the main difference between Naruto and One Piece, the main cast of Naruto (Read: Naruto, Sasuke, and Kakashi, Sakura does not count) are pretty much at the top of the verse's tier overall, though with other contenders. The Strawhat crew does not begin to compare to the truly monstrous characters in OP, as the Marineford arc served to demonstrate.

3. I agree, mostly due to versatility, but again, Arlong would still put up a fight, due to similar physical stats.

4. Kalifa as I mentioned is calced to be like mach 9 I think, but even near the start of the manga, Luffy could intercept bullets by moving like a hundred or so meters, when marines were firing at Zoro and Coby from only 20 feet away. They were flintlocks admittedly, but that is the beginning of the manga.

Q99
And I'll note, those are actual earthquakes. Those on Marineford didn't instantly die. So it's a wide area effect, but less destruction within the area.

And more to the point, how many people have destructive power above that of Pain in OP? 3 or so?

Non-sharingan genjutsu by Itachi really did a number on Naruto even when he was using the anti-genjutsu technique.

It's often less worthwhile, but we generally see it used against people with very, very high genjutsu resistance.

Utterly unlike, say, Luffy, who's quite vulnerable to mental stuff.

That's true, I'm not saying that OP's super elite isn't still more powerful, I'm saying the gap is a lot smaller than it used to be.

Consider how many non-Logia OP characters can take a hit from Killerbee's oxtopus chakra blast or a high-tailed Kyuubi blast. I'm not sure if any of them have the durability to take it, and only a few have the power to block it.

If they happen to be right at Konoha, hardly a neutral circumstance. Not even the likes of Kizaru or Kuma would instantly destroy the village either. Heck, nor would Whitebeard, he'd wreck the place. That's really a feat only Enel with Maxim is going to be doing.

If it's a fight in a neutral battlefield, Kakashi has a good chance of getting a kamui shot against a powerful OP character via stealth.

draxx_tOfU
the difference between Pein and the heavy hitters in OP is that their attacks don't strain them as much or kill them, at all...

I'm pretty sure that they could also do their village busting attacks repeatedly before they even drop a sweat...

Deva Path: Shinra Tensei!
Konan: Stop pwning yourself Nagato!
Nagato: **coughs blood**

that is the downside of chakra, which applies to almost all Naruto characters, the more uber the jutsu, the more chakra it uses up...

on the other hand, WB upon reaching marineford created a sea quake so strong it produced a tsunami on either side of the island, each capable of swallowing the island whole if not for Aokiji, and that was only a warm-up...

Q99
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
the difference between Pein and the heavy hitters in OP is that their attacks don't strain them as much or kill them, at all...

Yea. Endurance, not scale, is probably the biggest difference between the two. Only the biju can even do a few repeat fires of their biggest attacks without being hurt.

If the two sides exchange attacks and they cancel each other out, that's bad for any Naruto nin. They need to be inflicting damage.

draxx_tOfU
Good point. But if we are to use the konoha crater as a measuring stick in terms of scope for a single attack, I agree with you that there are maybe 3 or 4 that could do it...

However, there are alot of OP characters that could produce the crater in say 2 or 3 hits and keep on going long after Nagato completely taxes himself out...

also, if both sides started attacking each other, from what we've seen, you can lump all the Naruto characters together and it would maybe take 10 or less OP characters to match the firepower the Naruto side would generate IMO...

Q99
Good point. But if we are to use the konoha crater as a measuring stick in terms of scope for a single attack, I agree with you that there are maybe 3 or 4 that could do it...

However, there are alot of OP characters that could produce the crater in say 2 or 3 hits and keep on going long after Nagato completely taxes himself out...

also, if both sides started attacking each other, from what we've seen, you can lump all the Naruto characters together and it would maybe take 10 or less OP characters to match the firepower the Naruto side would generate IMO...

However, there is more to fighting than throwing firepower to each other smile A Raikiri through the heart would still kill most OP characters, a rasenshuriken thrown from behind, Orochimaru's mile-long sword suddenly stabbing from underground...

Naruto does have the advantage in variety of powers per person and sneakiness of attacks after all.

draxx_tOfU

Q99

draxx_tOfU
Shiki can shape the earth however he wants or he could just levitate the whole area the shinobi side is standing on and bfr them for the easy win, considering the fact that he levitated a dozen islands and suspended them for 20 years...

if the big guns of OP actually care enough to attack...

the shinobi are disoriented as the earth is shaking(magnitude 7) and being frozen due to WB and Aokiji, while thousands of lasers, magma, island busting lightning, and some ship sized cannonballs are raining down simultaneously...

a slightly less overkill version yet overkill nonetheless would be Eustass amassing all kunais, shurikens, and katanas from the get go followed by the giants, some 30 pacifista's doing ursus shock from a distance, followed by Kuma and Magellan in demon poison form to take care of what's left...

it would be awesome if Sasuke got turned into a newkama by Ivankov or his sharingan rendered useless by Usopp via hotsauce to the eyes...

Q99
Even the big guns generally like to fight more individually smile The Admirals didn't just send huge waves of large-scale attacks against the White Beards, after all. Though it would be bad if the high-ups in OP did en mass.

Dealing with more individual fights is more manageable.

Back to this one, I think it's an actual fight. Neji has a way of knocking Zoro away from melee/blocking hits, and his own hits should slowly reduce Zoro's strength with internal damage.

draxx_tOfU

Q99

individual fights is indeed more manageable but it doesn't change the fact that a character/s let alone the whole of OP is/are capable of taking on the whole of Narutoverse in a standard forum fight...

They do have more high-level people and their high level is a bit higher. I don't think anyone is arguing that.

Break it up into smaller fights and things get a lot more interest.

Though... it would be funny if all the OP characters unleashed their strongest attacks at once and Minato used his time-space jutsu to mirror them all back and let them take themselves out smile

Note that we're using beginning Zoro who didn't demonstrate the shockwave techniques yet, it's quite awhile before he gets those.

And while he can take that kind of damage without dying, both took him out and then some. You don't need that level of attack to hurt him- a mere stab to the side caused injury that affected his performance, and Mr. 1 was able to cut him up pretty well.

Accumulated small wounds will do, even if it takes a lot of them to actually take him out.

draxx_tOfU
Minato redirected a single concentrated attack, very different from a shower of lasers, lightning, magma, and fire numbering in the thousands and scattered randomly...

I also doubt if he could absorb say, shockwaves, or prevent it even if he knew the tectonic origin...

beginning Zoro would be a hard fight, since he is still stronger, and more durable, not sure about speed...

anything above Arabasta Zoro rapes IMO...

NemeBro
Hm. This is beginning to cross over into tl;dr levels I see.

Originally posted by Q99
And I'll note, those are actual earthquakes. Those on Marineford didn't instantly die. So it's a wide area effect, but less destruction within the area.

And more to the point, how many people have destructive power above that of Pain in OP? 3 or so?

Non-sharingan genjutsu by Itachi really did a number on Naruto even when he was using the anti-genjutsu technique.

It's often less worthwhile, but we generally see it used against people with very, very high genjutsu resistance.

Utterly unlike, say, Luffy, who's quite vulnerable to mental stuff.

That's true, I'm not saying that OP's super elite isn't still more powerful, I'm saying the gap is a lot smaller than it used to be.

Consider how many non-Logia OP characters can take a hit from Killerbee's oxtopus chakra blast or a high-tailed Kyuubi blast. I'm not sure if any of them have the durability to take it, and only a few have the power to block it.

If they happen to be right at Konoha, hardly a neutral circumstance. Not even the likes of Kizaru or Kuma would instantly destroy the village either. Heck, nor would Whitebeard, he'd wreck the place. That's really a feat only Enel with Maxim is going to be doing.

If it's a fight in a neutral battlefield, Kakashi has a good chance of getting a kamui shot against a powerful OP character via stealth. 1. Pain's Shinra Tensei barely did shit to the village's inhabitants, truth be told, we can see a very good amount of people survived the attack. Also, Marineford is much larger than Konoha, not even counting the fact that it spread beyond Marineford.

Whitebeard, Enel, Blackbeard, Ace (Maybe), Akainu, Aokiji, Oz (Based on size), Oz Jr. (See before), that big ****er in Blackbeard's crew (Seriously, he could sit on Konoha), and that is all I can recall off the top of my head.

2. Itachi is one exception to that I would admit, he is probably the best Genjutsu user in Naruto.

I can't recall it working on someone who isn't a genin, Tsukiyomi discounted.

Luffy is, yeah, would admit that. But Luffy is also physically much more powerful and is faster than anyone in Naruto.

3. Not by alot, Naruto characters are severely lacking in speed and durability, compared to OP. In terms of destructive power, they have gotten closer, and individual Naruto characters are prolly more versatile on a whole.

Luffy has taken blasts from Usopp nearly that powerful. Franky survived the destruction of Vegnapunk's lab just fine, that explosion was gigantic, making the Kyuubi and Eight Tail's attacks look trivial. Oh, and the entire crew was able to survive El Thors from Enel, which vaporised city blocks. Jozu could take it, he took one of Mihawk's slashes unscathed, the same ones which cut that million ton iceberg in half. Magellan might be able to take it. Gecko Moria could take it. Kuma could take it, and then respond with an even moar powerful attack. Matter of fact, the entire crew got a good durability feat from Kuma, he pushed them all to different islands in the Grand Line, and they all survived. Oh, and Zoro would take it, but in a delightfully Zoro fashion would spit out a couple hundred gallons of blood afterwards. estahuh

4. Kuma could clap his hands and destroy large sections of the village at a time, and then warp around the village and continuously do it if he wanted to. Kizaru could not, in terms of pure power he is probably the weakest of the three Admirals, but he could wreck any Naruto character he hit, and is faster than every Naruto character, especially when one considers his Devil Fruit. Whitebeard could level the whole village effortlessly, and then handle the survivors pretty easily. Enel with Maxim would vaporise entire villages and more at once, hell, he could even destroy some of the countries.

He could, but he will probably die before-hand, and there are many OP characters who could one-shot him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.