DBZ: Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BloodRawEngine
This may or may not have been known for a while, but it seems that with the release of DBZ Raging Blast II, there will also be a DVD of the remade OVA. For those who haven't heard of it, Plan To Eraticate the Saiyans is an OVA from a while back that never actually got relesed outside of Japan. It was about thirty to fourty-five minutes long and the story centered around Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Trunks, and Piccolo on a mission from King Kai to discover the cause of all plant-life suddenly dying on Earth. I'll save the nitty-gritty for when it hits the stores.

I personally acutally liked the original OVA (a fair bit more than even some of the movies), and I think it's pretty cool they're finally giving it a rehaul for a wider audience.

amnesia
I know how to eradicate the saiyans, don't buy shitty DBZ OVA's.

King Kandy
It wasn't bad. It wasn't great. So I don't care.

Bentley
I recall those videos, they were rather unimpressive. One of the things that made DBZ ovas stagnate is that they never dared to do something new, both storywise and design wise. Even Bebi saga handled the Plant storyline better.

Endless Mike
It wasn't technically an OVA, people just call it that

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
This may or may not have been known for a while, but it seems that with the release of DBZ Raging Blast II, there will also be a DVD of the remade OVA. For those who haven't heard of it, Plan To Eraticate the Saiyans is an OVA from a while back that never actually got relesed outside of Japan. It was about thirty to fourty-five minutes long and the story centered around Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Trunks, and Piccolo on a mission from King Kai to discover the cause of all plant-life suddenly dying on Earth. I'll save the nitty-gritty for when it hits the stores.

I personally acutally liked the original OVA (a fair bit more than even some of the movies), and I think it's pretty cool they're finally giving it a rehaul for a wider audience.

It was mediocre. The new opponents were extremely forgettable, and the most interesting part of the movie (the resurrected classic villains, all of which were some of my all time favorites) was disappointing as all returning character scenes.

Esomark
I thought the only OVAs were this one and the anniversary one, with the rest being full-length movies. Did I miss something?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.