Dragonball general

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

amnesia
Making it because i have to.

GT sucks BBZ

Black bolt z
Originally posted by amnesia
Making it because i have to.

GT sucks BBZ No it doesn't.HAve you even watched it?

And what specifically about it sucks?

amnesia
Besides being ever more retarded than Toriyama's original work?

Black bolt z
Besides being ever more retarded than Toriyama's original work? Like I asked before exactly how?

amnesia
Well first there is that whole Goku being a kid again thing...

Also, Pan

MooCowofJustice
Didn't Toriyama not write GT anyway?

amnesia
Toriyama didn't write GT. All he did was green light it.

And Vegeta mustache, wat? Vegeta is the only likeable character in DB

carver9
Well first there is that whole Goku being a kid again thing...

Also, Pan

I agree, they depowered Goku but I did like pan... stick out tongue

GT was ALRIGHT but it wasnt close to DBZ or regular Dragonball.

amnesia
I disliked DBZ (sort of liked the original DB though) GT took away the few good things from both.

carver9
I disliked DBZ (sort of liked the original DB though) GT took away the few good things from both.

Now I see no reason for you to dislike DBZ...That show was a BEAST and it has some of the best fight scenes ever created.

amnesia
The same reason i love Thor. I love dialogue. That's why i think the original Dragon ball, it was more dialogue driven.

Bentley
Dragonball is meant to be fun, my problem with it is that after the Freeza saga things start to repeat themselves too often and feel stale, suddenly most of the creativity that defined the first half of the manga was pretty much gone, which is a shame because it was one of its biggest pros.

I truly believe that One Piece is a spiritual bearer of what Dragonball was all about at its peak.

amnesia
Originally posted by Bentley
Dragonball is meant to be fun, my problem with it is that after the Freeza saga things start to repeat themselves too often and feel stale, suddenly most of the creativity that defined the first half of the manga was pretty much gone, which is a shame because it was one of its biggest pros.

I truly believe that One Piece is a spiritual bearer of what Dragonball was all about at its peak.

Silly villains?

King Kandy
GT is no worse than Z in my opinion. The villains were more interesting in GT, at least (let's face it, Cell/Buu were less than inspired).

Etna

I agree with this all the way.
Akira Toriyama didn't even like how DragonBall Z had become.

I really didn't like GT and couldn't finish the whole thing because of how crappy it was. I really hated how they butchered Goten, then not using Gohan. Bra (Vegatas Daughter) was a complete waste of an idea, and So was Pan.
They didn't bother to 'try' and give us some kind of Female Super Saiyan. I'm not gonna call the show sexist or anything because of its lack of female fighters, but it would of been nice to see one.

I'm gonna say it now, I loved DBZ. It was one of earliest animes that I really liked. I loved Goku, and everyone in his family. I loved Piccolo, i loved Vegeta and I liked Freeza.

But its probably the most ugh-ugh simple minded animes I have ever seen. So I would never call it the best, or even a 'High-Quality Anime'.
I can give out a good list of actual high quality anime. But this show is about power levels, several super forms, and solving ALL your problems with brute force.
Some people may say Piccolo was very smart and all that. But its more like everyone else has just...low IQ leveled

Villains just "Come Back To life" instantly. It was so boring and cliche. Buu and Cell are shit villains because they kept coming back life, like crappy murder movie villains.

Try reading this shows original form. The Manga
The DBZ, is probably the manga with the least amount of words. You can read each volume in about 15 minutes sadly.

I don't even wanna talk about how shitty most DBZ/GT Movies are. They make me scream at the TV and demand 1 hr of my life back.

MooCowofJustice
Toriyama didn't write GT. All he did was green light it.

And Vegeta mustache, wat? Vegeta is the only likeable character in DB

This is an opinion. As is what I'm about to say.

Goku is way better than Vegeta.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Etna
But its probably the most ugh-ugh simple minded animes I have ever seen. So I would never call it the best, or even a 'High-Quality Anime'. The current state of shounen manga and anime has DBZ to thank. DBZ is the archetype shounen manga, and before Cell and Buu saga, you know, when Toriyama cared, it was one of the best-written mangas ever.

TheAuraAngel
When I was little, DBZ was the best thing that ever happened to a kid. New episodes everyday it seemed. Easily my favorite show from when I was younger. And I didn't think the later seasons were THAT bad. Better than GT at least. glare

MooCowofJustice
I liked Dragonball the best. It had the most Master Roshi.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by King Kandy
GT is no worse than Z in my opinion. The villains were more interesting in GT, at least (let's face it, Cell/Buu were less than inspired).
Nah. Even Buu was way better than Baby, Super 17, the stupid shadow dragons, or any villain GT had to offer.

Also, hi Etna.

Bentley
Personally I liked the Four-stars, but just because it was the last honorable character in the whole freaking series.

Ridley_Prime
You mean Nuova Shenron? Oh yeah, he was exceptional.

Creshosk
Originally posted by carver9
Now I see no reason for you to dislike DBZ...That show was a BEAST and it has some of the best fight scenes ever created. I liked the Janemba fight, he was thinking with portals before thinking with portals was cool.

StyleTime
This was one of my favorite shows as a kid. I liked the Android/Cell Sagas in particular.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
You mean Nuova Shenron? Oh yeah, he was exceptional.

He was awesome, but he had a ghey face at the same time.

Ridley_Prime
Yep, like Pikkon, but you get used to it after awhile.

amnesia
I didn't see until recently. Methinks it's the nostalgia that kicks in.

King Kandy
Nah. Even Buu was way better than Baby, Super 17, the stupid shadow dragons, or any villain GT had to offer.

Also, hi Etna.
Baby was a great villain. He had a tie to the past that gave him a tangible motivation, he had unique powers (he possessed people, in contrast to the usual 'i'm just going to beat you up' approach villains have), he did well in achieving his goals. Outside of a bad name, I don't see anything wrong with him.

Yeah, I agree Super 17 was stupid.

Shadow Dragons were great! It was fitting that at the end of the dragon ball series, the enemies would basically be the dragon itself, though in a different form.

amnesia

DB is a prototype one piece at best imo.

TheAuraAngel
Baby was a great villain. He had a tie to the past that gave him a tangible motivation, he had unique powers (he possessed people, in contrast to the usual 'i'm just going to beat you up' approach villains have), he did well in achieving his goals. Outside of a bad name, I don't see anything wrong with him.

Shadow Dragons were great! It was fitting that at the end of the dragon ball series, the enemies would basically be the dragon itself, though in a different form.

Baby himself wasn't so bad so much as it was the plot around the first season of GT always agitated me. I just picture Baby as a much less awesome Buu. But for what it was worth, they did okay with him. Can't remember much about him except he took over everybody.

Pointless villain was pointless. Kinda irks me how Goku starts killing everyone in GT, even though he didn't kill that many in DBZ that I can recall.

They did redeem most of GT. The dragons were at least different and it was interesting to see which wishes created which dragon. Though 3 things did annoy me: 1) Cool as he was, it was quite convenient that 4 stars Dragon just happened to be the only good one. Always struck me as annoying despite the character. 2) Gogeta needs to go die. 3) Goku pulls a Spirit Bomb so far out of his ass that I can't believe his little kid arms can reach that far.

Demonic Phoenix
Yep, like Pikkon, but you get used to it after awhile.

Pikkon was annoying. stick out tongue

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
2) Gogeta needs to go die.

Nahh. His Super Saiyan form is the best fusion form to appear in the entire DB universe.

Now his SS4 form, that needed to die. It was worse than the ridiculous pile of garbage that was Vegito.

King Kandy
Vegitto was awesome. Especially in candy form.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Nahh. His Super Saiyan form is the best fusion form to appear in the entire DB universe.

Now his SS4 form, that needed to die. It was worse than the ridiculous pile of garbage that was Vegito.

Well I was referring to his SS4 form. Forgot about the movie. And I go easy on Vegito. He at least had a purpose for dicking around. Gogeta on the other hand just pissed me off.

Demonic Phoenix
Well I was referring to his SS4 form. Forgot about the movie. And I go easy on Vegito. He at least had a purpose for dicking around. Gogeta on the other hand just pissed me off.

Meh, it's arguable that Gogeta was dicking around in order to goad Shenron into attacking him with the Minus Energy Ball so that Gogeta could use its power to restore the world. So yeah, Gogeta also might have had a purpose for dicking around instead of just finishing off Shenron in an instant. He's like Vegito in that regard.

Of course, the writers had to have Goku pull off the final attack, so they had the fusion wear out instead of giving Gogeta a chance to get serious and finishing Shenron off as easily as he did Janemba.

Still means that SS4 Gogeta & Vegito were as annoying as f*** and shouldn't have existed.

Ridley_Prime

I suppose the Shadow Dragons were fitting when you put it that way, but still. A lot of them were just silly or stupid. Haze Shenron, Rage Shenron, and Naturon Shenron in particular. Eis Shenron I didn't like at all. He was the typical deceitful guy who Goku shouldn't have fallen for. Oceanus Shenron was all right at first, but got old pretty quick. Syn/Omega Shenron was rather lame. Nuova Shenron was the coolest one.

Baby himself wasn't so bad so much as it was the plot around the first season of GT always agitated me.
I thought General Rilldo was cool, but something better could've come out of him. Other than that, the first season was boring.

Agreed on the rest.

Demonic Phoenix
Syn/Omega Shenron was ghey, but he looked badass. Meanwhile, Nuova Shenron was badass, but he looked ghey. mmm

TheAuraAngel
Meh, it's arguable that Gogeta was dicking around in order to goad Shenron into attacking him with the Minus Energy Ball so that Gogeta could use its power to restore the world. So yeah, Gogeta also might have had a purpose for dicking around instead of just finishing off Shenron in an instant. He's like Vegito in that regard.

Of course, the writers had to have Goku pull off the final attack, so they had the fusion wear out instead of giving Gogeta a chance to get serious and finishing Shenron off as easily as he did Janemba.

Still means that SS4 Gogeta & Vegito were as annoying as f*** and shouldn't have existed.

I can't remember that. laughing

GT is just so forgettable to me. And its been a while. And no, I'm not doubting you. But yeah, if he did do that, then he is like Vegito...to an extent.

That just pissed me off. Where the hell did he get enough energy for a Spirit Bomb that packs enough power to kill a guy that could effortlessly smack around 2 SS4 characters?

Vegito was going to exist the moment the prospect of fusion came up. And I didn't mind him that much. To each their own I suppose.

King Kandy
One thing they should have done different, instead of Majuub, Uub + Buu should have made a good version of Kid Buu. That would have been cool.

Vegito had the luxury of dicking around because his fusion wasn't going to wear out, and he could keep it up all day.

Demonic Phoenix
I can't remember that. laughing

GT is just so forgettable to me. And its been a while. And no, I'm not doubting you. But yeah, if he did do that, then he is like Vegito...to an extent.

That just pissed me off. Where the hell did he get enough energy for a Spirit Bomb that packs enough power to kill a guy that could effortlessly smack around 2 SS4 characters?

Vegito was going to exist the moment the prospect of fusion came up. And I didn't mind him that much. To each their own I suppose.

6efbMwjt1S4(lol @ him describing it as one of the best fights in Dragon Ball) He removes the negative energy surrounding the Earth using Omega's attack, and then immediately tries to destroy Omega Shenron (after explaining what he did of course).

I understand the feeling; most of GT, if not all of it, was crap. Still, the one thing I like about GT is that we got a Saiyan form that was above that ridiculous SS3 form (ossum theme music aside).

He got energy from the entire Universe apparently. The attack pissed me off too, for a number of reasons. The Spirit Bomb used against Buu was alright, but then they used the same plot device (except with more power) for Shenron, which makes it even worse.

Yeah, I get you. It's just that I just find it a little hypocritical when people bash SS4 Gogeta due to his goofiness, and say that Vegito was alright, even though he was almost as goofy as SS4 Gogeta.

NemeBro
The best villain in Dragonball (Z) is still Freeza.

TheAuraAngel
6efbMwjt1S4(lol @ him describing it as one of the best fights in Dragon Ball) He removes the negative energy surrounding the Earth using Omega's attack, and then immediately tries to destroy Omega Shenron (after explaining what he did of course).

I understand the feeling; most of GT, if not all of it, was crap. Still, the one thing I like about GT is that we got a Saiyan form that was above that ridiculous SS3 form (ossum theme music aside).

He got energy from the entire Universe apparently. The attack pissed me off too, for a number of reasons. The Spirit Bomb used against Buu was alright, but then they used the same plot device (except with more power) for Shenron, which makes it even worse.

Yeah, I get you. It's just that I just find it a little hypocritical when people bash SS4 Gogeta due to his goofiness, and say that Vegito was alright, even though he was almost as goofy as SS4 Gogeta.

GT logic= Kick your evil ball to make it good. Uggh...

I prefer 2 to all of them. I love the first transformation to 3 though and how insane it was the Goku was shaking the planet. Was very funny.

Well him using it on Vegeta and Frieza made sense because it was the cool move at the time. Kid Buu made less sense but at least Vegeta was doing it as part of a plan, which is always nice to see in DBZ. With Omega Shenron, it literally came out of nowhere.

Well, I remember Gogeta using an attack and it turned out to be confetti or something. I think that was Gogeta anyway. And that overshadows Vegito's goofiness I think.

Originally posted by NemeBro

Of course.

King Kandy

The thing was, Gogeta goofing around was foolish. If he didn't wrap things up quickly, he'd lose his only chance to do so. Vegito had all the time in the world to fool around with Buu, and actually didn't want to destroy him. It had a purpose.

Ridley_Prime
On that same token, his brother was the best movie villain.

Bentley
On that same token, his brother was the best movie villain.

What about Garlic Jr biscuits?

Demonic Phoenix
The thing was, Gogeta goofing around was foolish. If he didn't wrap things up quickly, he'd lose his only chance to do so. Vegito had all the time in the world to fool around with Buu, and actually didn't want to destroy him. It had a purpose.
They believed they had 30 minutes, not 10/15 minutes. 30 minutes was more than enough to wrap things up, that much is certain.

Also, like I said before, it's arguable that Gogeta fooling around had a purpose as well. After all, once he removes the Negative energy around Earth using Shenron's attack, he immediately attempts to destroy Shenron; which would imply that getting Shenron to pull off his Minus Energy Ball was Gogeta's purpose for fooling around.

GT logic= Kick your evil ball to make it good. Uggh...

I prefer 2 to all of them. I love the first transformation to 3 though and how insane it was the Goku was shaking the planet. Was very funny.

Well him using it on Vegeta and Frieza made sense because it was the cool move at the time. Kid Buu made less sense but at least Vegeta was doing it as part of a plan, which is always nice to see in DBZ. With Omega Shenron, it literally came out of nowhere.

Well, I remember Gogeta using an attack and it turned out to be confetti or something. I think that was Gogeta anyway. And that overshadows Vegito's goofiness I think.

Agreed. 2 was the best transformation IMO, as it had the electricity aura and was generally awesome.
It should have been reserved for Gohan though. He was the one that made the most of it. Goku hardly used it, and it got overshadowed by SS3. Vegeta made more use of it, but meh, I liked his ASS form (stick out tongue

Yeah, it was SS4 Gogeta who did the Confetti thing. I agree that he was more goofy than Vegito, but it wasn't by much. Neither were serious, and they were making corny jokes. facepalm2
To SS4 Gogeta's credit, he was able to accomplish his initial purpose much faster than Vegito did 313

NemeBro
On that same token, his brother was the best movie villain. Nah.

Freeza is, in "Bardock: Father of Goku." 131

Also the best movie.

Oh and I like Broly. Cannot help it. no expression

TheAuraAngel
Agreed. 2 was the best transformation IMO, as it had the electricity aura and was generally awesome.
It should have been reserved for Gohan though. He was the one that made the most of it. Goku hardly used it, and it got overshadowed by SS3. Vegeta made more use of it, but meh, I liked his ASS form (stick out tongue

Yeah, it was SS4 Gogeta who did the Confetti thing. I agree that he was more goofy than Vegito, but it wasn't by much. Neither were serious, and they were making corny jokes. facepalm2
To SS4 Gogeta's credit, he was able to accomplish his initial purpose much faster than Vegito did 313

Teen Gohan was awesome looking back on him. And yeah, I didn't see the point of Goku and Vegeta using it. They could establish them as better fighters but with Gohan having a higher power level. And 3....it kinda just showed up. And yeah, Vegeta had a nice ASS form. Until Perfect Cell kicked his ASS form though, lame.

Confetti>all.
And Gogeta's objective was a lot simpler. Beat him up until he throws a big enough energy blast. Vegito was waiting for Buu to make a leap in logic and try and absorb him. The latter is clearly the harder go to achieve. stick out tongue

amnesia
Mods please correct title error smile

Black bolt z
Rildo had a cool personality and was a cool character but they just made him too much like majin buu.

Ridley_Prime
Nah.

Freeza is, in "Bardock: Father of Goku." 131

Also the best movie.

Oh and I like Broly. Cannot help it. no expression
I meant movie-exclusive villains of course. But yeah, Bardock was the best DBZ movie.

NemeBro
I'd like to point out that the first Broly movie had the best soundtrack of any DBZ movie.

Pantera **** yeah!

Demonic Phoenix
Teen Gohan was awesome looking back on him. And yeah, I didn't see the point of Goku and Vegeta using it. They could establish them as better fighters but with Gohan having a higher power level. And 3....it kinda just showed up. And yeah, Vegeta had a nice ASS form. Until Perfect Cell kicked his ASS form though, lame.

Confetti>all.
And Gogeta's objective was a lot simpler. Beat him up until he throws a big enough energy blast. Vegito was waiting for Buu to make a leap in logic and try and absorb him. The latter is clearly the harder go to achieve. stick out tongue

Confetti from the most powerful being in the DB-verse. Shenron's lucky he had absorbed the dragon balls, otherwise, he'd be KO'd. 313
Bah, Buu was absorbing people left and right. Vegito was kicking his ass while fooling around so that Buu's only option would be to absorb him. Not too hard for anyone, provided they had the power.
Now, making someone use a specific energy attack with specific properties, that's much harder. stick out tongue

Black bolt z
^ laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.