Captain Commando vs Ryu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

majid86
Who takes it?

Esomark
This is a huge stomp in Captain Commando's favor. Just read the info right here http://www.arcadeflyers.com/?page=flyerdb&subpage=thumbs&id=182

Captain Commando is also an SF character, believe it or not.

Darkstorm Zero
Err, since when is CC a Street Fighter Character?

CosmicComet
His Marvel vs Capcom appearance (in which he was AWESOMELY overpowered) would be the closest to that statement.

I noticed that it says that the Ninja on Captain Commando's team has a sword that cuts at the atomic level. That's awesome. I wonder if CC can withstand it?

Esomark
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Err, since when is CC a Street Fighter Character?

Well, according to Capcom Database, CC takes place in a futuristic Metro City and Ginzu the Ninja is a succesor of the Bushin-ryu Ninpo.

Darkstorm Zero
The marvel vs series is non-canon though...

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Esomark
Well, according to Capcom Database, CC takes place in a futuristic Metro City and Ginzu the Ninja is a succesor of the Bushin-ryu Ninpo.

That's Guy's style right? Interesting...

Esomark
Yep, and with his atom splitting sword, he'd probably chop Guy into pieces. As for Captain Commando, I dunno.

The whole way things are played out in CC makes me think of how Savage Reign and Kizuna Encounter are chronologically the last in the Fatal Fury series but we only have a couple of hints to go on.
Jipang City is said to be the future South Town and the character Kim Sue-II is thought to be Kim Kaphwan's descendant. Also, the old man character, Chung Paifu, is joked to be an older Rock Howard mainly because he got his hat from "The Legendary Wolf" (Terry Bogard).

Acrosurge
Assuming that CC is strong for a human in comic book terms (able to lift at least 800 lbs), then he likely comes out as a class 20 in superhuman strength when enhanced by his Captain Gauntlet (which multiplies his strength by 48). Strangely enough, Ryu is likely not outclassed by that with strength feats like this in his repertoire (1:00-1:17):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECMkjRoqS4U

Of course, Ryu won't be hurting CC with fireballs, since the Cap's armor protects him from much, much more than Ryu can dish out. The fact that CC wears armor and Ryu does not gives CC the durability advantage.

Factor the Captain Corridor and Captain Cannon into the above, and Ryu is facing an uphill battle. Still, the fact that their physical strength and speed are roughly in the same ballpark, coupled with Ryu's greater fighting skill in general keeps this from becoming a stomp, IMO. I pick CC for the victor, though.

CosmicComet
Why do you think Ryu's fighting ability is better though?

I'd expect Captain to be much more advanced and knowledgeable seeing as he's in the future and should know what works and what doesn't.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Why do you think Ryu's fighting ability is better though?

I'd expect Captain to be much more advanced and knowledgeable seeing as he's in the future and should know what works and what doesn't. We've seen more instances of Ryu's skill, and it has been noted by other, powerful fighters. While CC beats a lot of people up, his skill hasn't been noted in the plot or his bio information in the same way as Ryu.

vavavoom
was just thinking about this bout not too long ago, would be cool to see cc in more fighting games. but going by what acrosurge said with cc's suit and strenght and all i'd say he might take it

Classic NES
CC armor can stand up too trillion degree's of heat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.