Hans/Simon Gruber versus Colonel Stuart/Thomas Gabriel...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
The Gruber brothers (Die Hard 1 and 3) are the kings of international terrorism.

Colonel Stuart and Thomas Gabriel (Die Hard 2 and Live Free or Die Hard) decide to join forces to take down the Gruber brothers organization and take their place.

It's an all out war for undisputed power. They all have access to all their men/weaponry/gear/intelligence from their respective movies.

Who reigns supreme?

Rogue Jedi
First one to post "McClane solos" sucks chocolate salty prison balls.

McNasty996
Team 2 because Gabriel can hack all the other teams
finances and send military jets after them

Rogue Jedi
Hmm, good point. But Hans and Simon seem the cash type. Bearer bonds and shit.

As far as hacking goes, Theo from DH1 seemed every bit as competent as Gabriel. If he had access to the gear Gabriel did, he could probably do the same.

To make it fair, let's say the battle takes place in modern times and that Theo can do at least some of the things Gabriel can. Or at least be able to defend against them.

Darth Martin
As much as we all love Hans Gruber, Thomas Gabriel is on a completely different level than all of these guys.

Rogue Jedi
Well, look at it this way....Hans and Simon know what Gabriel can do, so certainly they'd take proactive measures to ensure their safety, don't you think? And having Theo along definitely doesn't hurt them.

Shit, I just noticed that I failed to say that they know all about each other, they have detailed files. Apologies.

Kaibs
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Hmm, good point. But Hans and Simon seem the cash type. Bearer bonds and shit.

As far as hacking goes, Theo from DH1 seemed every bit as competent as Gabriel. If he had access to the gear Gabriel did, he could probably do the same.

To make it fair, let's say the battle takes place in modern times and that Theo can do at least some of the things Gabriel can. Or at least be able to defend against them.

Your last paragraph is utter shit. Theo couldn't do 1/8 the shit Gabriel can and would do. Not to mention you seem to be underestimating the Col severely. Considering he was still in the Army in Die Hard 2, he has access to well the ****ing army. Which is way more qualified and trained than Hans terrorist pansies. Although I will forever love Die Hard 1 the most.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kaibs
Your last paragraph is utter shit. Theo couldn't do 1/8 the shit Gabriel can and would do. Not to mention you seem to be underestimating the Col severely. Considering he was still in the Army in Die Hard 2, he has access to well the ****ing army. Which is way more qualified and trained than Hans terrorist pansies. Although I will forever love Die Hard 1 the most.

Gabriel was the shit, no doubt there, but his biggest weapon was the element of surprise. The Grubers, knowing what he can do, will certainly take proactive measures to defend themselves.

And no, Stuart had access only to his henchmen and the men Amos led. He didn't have "the ****ing army." roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kaibs
The Gruber brothers (Die Hard 1 and 3) are the kings of international terrorism.

Colonel Stuart and Thomas Gabriel (Die Hard 2 and Live Free or Die Hard) decide to join forces to take down the Gruber brothers organization and take their place.

It's an all out war for undisputed power. They all have access to all their men/weaponry/gear/intelligence from their respective movies.

Who reigns supreme?

First of all. You post this. Then you change it up once you see clearly team 2 stomps. Then you try to say the Grubers which arent even on the same LEVEL of Thomas Gabriel now apparently are.

Now you're trying to state that the Col's men were merely henchmen when they weren't not to mention he also has the Major helping him, and a General. Yeah man they're henchman alright.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kaibs
First of all. You post this. Then you change it up once you see clearly team 2 stomps. Then you try to say the Grubers which arent even on the same LEVEL of Thomas Gabriel now apparently are.

Now you're trying to state that the Col's men were merely henchmen when they weren't not to mention he also has the Major helping him, and a General. Yeah man they're henchman alright.

From the MVF rules:

7) When the thread starter makes a new thread, it is very important to cement the conditions of the scenario in the first few posts. This is to avoid confusion and frustration among the other posters. It will not be acceptable for the thread starter to randomly change the conditions of the thread at random intervals. Once the settings/weapons/gear/handicaps/abilities/etc have been cemented in the first few posts of the thread, that is how they will stay. Therefore, be very sure and for certain of how you want your thread to be constructed.

And what did I change? All I said was that they all have extensive knowledge of each other.

Kaibs
See that's the thing. You are never certain that's how you want things until you're trumped. Then you switch things up bc you get trumped in the first few posts then it's okay for you to switch things up. Which is abusing this rule imo. But yep, your thread, butcher it as you will.

Rogue Jedi
Every thread I start the participants have knowledge of each other. Don't believe me? pm DDM, he'll confirm it. Don't like the thread? GTFO.

Darth Martin
I say this again. Gabriel is a league or two above all of these guys. However little the opponents know of his powers makes little relevance. This guy showed that he could hack into fighter jets and get them to help him, along with alter stop lights, etc.

Rogue Jedi
Again, the element of surprise was his greatest weapon. He wasn't much of a fighter either. Not that makes a difference, you're right.

OK, let's consider the OP scenario one, Team Gabriel pwns.

Scenario two: Same as one, but Team Gruber has Farrell, That Wizard guy, and Jeff Goldblum from ID4.

Rogue Jedi
One thing that Simon/Hans and Stuart/Gabriel all had in common was stupidity.

Hans: He had McClane, he ahd him, dead as dickens, but he decided to talk to him and shit.

Stuart: Idiot decided to walk out and engage Mac h2h on the wing of the airplane. He had a pistol, yes, the wing was fully fueled, but all he had to do was walk over and put one in Mac's head.

Simon: Toying with Mac was his downfall.

Gabriel: He had a gun at Mac's head, decided to talk to him.

It seems the downfall of every good villian is the tendency to converse with the hero.

McNasty996
I'll still go with team 2. Team 1 may have hackers to
but gabriel originally had 5 other hackers working for
to who were just decent enought to crack military
hardware and in this scenario it would favor him the most
because now virtually everything is done via technology

Robtard

Who reigns supreme?

McClane solos.

Kaibs
Originally posted by Robtard
McClane solos.

Good game no re.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by McNasty996
I'll still go with team 2. Team 1 may have hackers to
but gabriel originally had 5 other hackers working for
to who were just decent enought to crack military
hardware and in this scenario it would favor him the most
because now virtually everything is done via technology Yeah, but those guys, how good were they if they didn't have Gabriel telling them what to do?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.