As a Republican, I can say that Obama doesn't deserve most of the hate he receives.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Watching FOX News and Glenn Beck stir up the shitstorm after shitstorm (such as with this whole mosque business)--and seeing how my fellow countrymen fall for it time and time again--makes me fear for America's future.

Seriously. Obama hasn't really done anything that bad as a president. People blaming him for the oil spill are just as retarded as the morons blaming Bush for Hurricane Katrina.

The Nuul
Obama didnt do shit for that oil spill, he can blame all he wants but HE/American Gov. still doesnt do shit.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Originally posted by The Nuul
Obama didnt do shit for that oil spill, he can blame all he wants but HE/American Gov. still doesnt do shit.
Goddamnit.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Quite.

chomperx9
I dont blame Obama for the oil spill but i still dont aprove of his performance so far as president. and anyone who is against the new immigration law isnt going to get my vote. Maybe i would have some more respect for him if he didnt try so hard at making himself look like he is some miracle for our nation and saying all the things he waid he was gonna do.

He made himself look more like a celebrity and a huge actor at the begining thats why he didnt get my vote. I knew he was to good to be true to begin with.

majid86
Ditto

inimalist
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
Watching FOX News and Glenn Beck stir up the shitstorm after shitstorm (such as with this whole mosque business)--and seeing how my fellow countrymen fall for it time and time again--makes me fear for America's future.

Seriously. Obama hasn't really done anything that bad as a president. People blaming him for the oil spill are just as retarded as the morons blaming Bush for Hurricane Katrina.

this gives me optimism for the possibility of a strong conservative movement focused on individual liberty and practical decision making.

the remainder of the thread ruins this.....

(we can still believe he is a Muslim terrorist from Kenya who conspires with radical black supremacist preachers to turn America into a communist sharia abiding state, ya?)

whats obamas current popularity at?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by 753
whats obamas current popularity at?

Gallup puts it at ~45%, ten percent below average.

Quiero Mota

People blaming him for the oil spill are just as retarded as the morons blaming Bush for Hurricane Katrina.

They're blaming him for his response to the oil spill.

Obviously he didn't cause it himself.

King Kandy
What response was he supposed to make? Him taking "strong action" isn't suddenly going to make BP stop the leak faster. It's going as fast as technology will allow.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by King Kandy
What response was he supposed to make? Him taking "strong action" isn't suddenly going to make BP stop the leak faster. It's going as fast as technology will allow.

He pretended the leak never happened until Day 51, when he finally addressed it. And with every visit he made to the Gulf, he made sure there were cameras present. He had his yes-men put a podium infront of the ocean as he gave a speech to appear more invlolved, he would then make a perfunctory sympathy-appearance at a local restaurant, and once the cameras shut off, he hopped on his plane. I mean, c'mon.

His attitude during the whole thing was "sucks for you" to all the poor saps who live there. But his delayed response to the situation will come back to haunt him in two years. That's why his approval is around 43 or so.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
He pretended the leak never happened until Day 51, when he finally addressed it. And with every visit he made to the Gulf, he made sure there were cameras present. He had his yes-men put a podium infront of the ocean as he gave a speech to appear more invlolved, he would then make a perfunctory sympathy-appearance at a local restaurant, and once the cameras shut off, he hopped on his plane. I mean, c'mon.

His attitude during the whole thing was "sucks for you" to all the poor saps who live there. But his delayed response to the situation will come back to haunt him in two years. That's why his approval is around 43 or so.
Maybe this bothered you but I prefer substance over talk. There was no tangible action he could take at that point that would make any difference. Why would we need to hear him talk and talk and talk about how his hearts go out to Louisiana when in reality it is out of his hands. Personally, I would rather he spends his time on things in his domain.

Quiero Mota
Louisiana (one of the 50 states) is in his domain. And I also prefer action, as does everyone else who's criticizing him over it.

But then again, nothing but talk has become his trademark.

King Kandy
I'm curious what actual, tangible thing you expected him to do to stop the oil spill. Swim down there and close it with his hands? The technology that could be applied, was being applied. He did what he could. Anything else that you think he "should" have done would have been talk.

Quiero Mota
I'm curious what actual, tangible thing you expected him to do to stop the oil spill. Swim down there and close it with his hands? The technology that could be applied, was being applied. He did what he could. Anything else that you think he "should" have done would have been talk.

Him personally? Nothing. I know that presidents aren't superheroes with magic wands, but was twiddling his thumbs for 50 days better? He said "plug the damn hole" at a press conference on Day 51. The very day it happened is when he should have been giving orders and been on top of it, with the afflicted area under a microscope.

Presidents don't physically do anything themselves, anymore than the GM of a hotel scrubs toilets in the lobby bathroom. What they do is give orders, supervise and ensure that everything goes according to plan. If something goes haywire in your place of business, you don't wait 50 days before taking care of it, and all the while kicking back in your lofty towers hoping that someone will eventually do it.

King Kandy
BP was attempting to deal with it from the first day that it happened and swore up and down that they had backup measures that could solve it. When Obama "took action", that action was to have BP attempt to fix it. Something they already were doing. Any action he could take was severally limited at best.

BackFire
But he's a Muslim who was born in Kenya.

dadudemon
Maybe this bothered you but I prefer substance over talk. There was no tangible action he could take at that point that would make any difference. Why would we need to hear him talk and talk and talk about how his hearts go out to Louisiana when in reality it is out of his hands. Personally, I would rather he spends his time on things in his domain.

This.

I wrote a diatribe on facebook about this when someone posted an anti-Obama video.

I'll copy and paste that in here, if I can find it.

Bicnarok
Obama is just as Puppet like Bush, but can talk better and is cooler.
http://www.doobybrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/bush-obama.jpg

ADarksideJedi
I think he does.

If he had mobilized public resources to shut the oil spill down, such as the military, would it have gone any faster?

King Kandy
BP was better equipped to deal with it than the US government was.

Robtard
Originally posted by 753
If he had mobilized public resources to shut the oil spill down, such as the military, would it have gone any faster?

Probably not, but if he had brought the military in, the right-wingers who stomped him for "doing nothing", would have cried that Obama is abusing his power and using illegal military force.

It's a lose-lose situation for him, as Katrina was for the Bush Admin.

King Kandy
Everything is a lose lose situation for Obama. I saw O'Reilly criticizing him for poor body language once.

dadudemon
BP was better equipped to deal with it than the US government was.

Yeah, that was bascially the jist of my diatribe...

brb.

Originally posted by Robtard
Probably not, but if he had brought the military in, the right-wingers who stomped him for "doing nothing", would have cried that Obama is abusing his power and using illegal military force.

It's a lose-lose situation for him, as Katrina was for the Bush Admin. Is it illegal to use them in national emergencies and disasters?

Robtard
Originally posted by 753
Is it illegal to use them in national emergencies and disasters?

No, shouldn't be. Not sure about needing approval from Congress either, as it's not a war situation.

But the point was, no matter what he did, there's some people he can never satisfy.

chomperx9
Originally posted by BackFire
But he's a Muslim who was born in Kenya. They said awhile back they found his Birth Certificate and he was born in the US. still dont know if its legit or not. why hide it all this time.

King Castle
b/c its no ones business and if he werent born in the U.S it be easy enough to find out as a fake certificate would not be enough to sway ppl with other actual legitimate evidence,,

how far has conspiracy nuts gotten that now the biggest conspiracy isnt aliens, or government cover ups but a birth certificate

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by chomperx9
They said awhile back they found his Birth Certificate and he was born in the US. still dont know if its legit or not. why hide it all this time.

They didn't hide it. Anybody who wanted to could have just checked the registry in Hawaii.

chomperx9
Originally posted by King Castle
b/c its no ones business You have to show it 1st before getting elected as president so yes it is others business as well. and wouldnt you want to know if the person your voting for was born in the states or not ?

chomperx9
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
They didn't hide it. Anybody who wanted to could have just checked the registry in Hawaii. why wait all this time ?

BackFire
They said awhile back they found his Birth Certificate and he was born in the US. still dont know if its legit or not. why hide it all this time.

It's legit. It's been available since before he ran for president, no one hid it, simply the people (I.E. Racists) who believed he was born elsewhere didn't care and ignored the proof and doctored up their own birth certificate of his and put it online.

There was also mention in the local Hawaiian news paper announcing his birth the day he was born.

Stupid people believe stupid things. More proof right here.

RE: Blaxican
All this time for what? It was never hidden.

King Castle
You have to show it 1st before getting elected as president so yes it is others business as well. and wouldnt you want to know if the person your voting for was born in the states or not ? to be honest the born in the usa is xenophobic attitude for a land which is populated by immigrants of all nation and believe in equality.

also no one is hiding it do you really want him to walk with it 24/7?

chomperx9
It's legit. It's been available since before he ran for president, no one hid it, simply the people (I.E. Racists) who believed he was born elsewhere didn't care and ignored the proof and doctored up their own birth certificate of his and put it online.

There was also mention in the local Hawaiian news paper announcing his birth the day he was born.

Stupid people believe stupid things. More proof right here. I herd some rumors as well of people saying that his mother said he was born in Kenya.

Robtard
I herd some rumors as well of people saying that his mother said he was born in Kenya.

What's more likely?

A) He was born in Hawaii, the BC is real and the local birth announcement is real

B) Obama is a Kenyan born Muslim and there is a huge conspiracy in the US government from both parties to cover this up and lie to everyone about it so he could run for President

King Kandy
why wait all this time ?
Nobody waited... it was freely available at all times. You just don't accept it.

King Castle
i pick option 2 as the mostly likely reason it is all a conglomerate conspiracy to put a black man into office as a puppet.

easy enough to silence the millions of ppl that might derail the plans

chomperx9
Nobody waited... it was freely available at all times. You just don't accept it. maybe im just curious why he is so bothered over the rumors of him being born in kenya. if it was not true he would not be bothered about it.

Where did he say he was bothered?

And, even if he was, why would that be a bad thing? I'd pretty upset if a bunch of idiots went around spreading rumors about me being an illegal or gay or something. No one likes it when people accuse them of things that are not true. erm

Stop reach Chomper.

Robtard
maybe im just curious why he is so bothered over the rumors of him being born in kenya. if it was not true he would not be bothered about it.

Besides doing what he was supposed to do during the vetting process, ie prove his eligibility, how was he "bothered"?

King Castle
how is he bothered he has chosen to ignore it repeatedly plus his workers have addressed the issue and also have told him to dispel the issue it isnt like he is hiding it it is all political response.

how would you like it if ppl called you names for a yr or two?

he has handled it quite maturely

chomperx9
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Where did he say he was bothered?

And, even if he was, why would that be a bad thing? I'd pretty upset if a bunch of idiots went around spreading rumors about me being an illegal or gay or something. No one likes it when people accuse them of things that are not true. erm

Stop reach Chomper. guessing you voted for obama as well. Excuses Excuses

chomperx9
Besides doing what he was supposed to do during the vetting process, ie prove his eligibility, how was he "bothered"? guessing yahoo isnt your homepage and dont read the politics on there every now and then

Robtard
guessing yahoo isnt your homepage and dont read the politics on there every now and then

No, Yahoo isn't.

Care to post some of these "Obama is bothered" stories?

chomperx9
Originally posted by King Castle
how is he bothered he has chosen to ignore it repeatedly plus his workers have addressed the issue and also have told him to dispel the issue it isnt like he is hiding it it is all political response.

how would you like it if ppl called you names for a yr or two?

he has handled it quite maturely Bush got called abunch of names and he dealt with it. Infact there is still some SNL skits every now and then about him. and everyone let it slide by including him. one negative post about obama on how he is doing everyone has to make an excuse for him.

Robtard
Bush got called abunch of names and he dealt with it. Infact there is still some SNL skits every now and then about him. and everyone let it slide by including him. one negative post about obama on how he is doing everyone has to make an excuse for him.

Lol, dude. You go from Bush being called names, to Obama being criticised on his Presidential performance (which is fine) and everyone (who is everyone?) making excuses, when a second ago you were talking about whether Obama was Kenyan or not.

What's your exact beef with Obama, his Presidential performance, his supposed Kenyan birth or both?

chomperx9

What's your exact beef with Obama, his Presidential performance, his supposed Kenyan birth or both? Not impressed with his performance and dont agree to him not supporting the immigration law. sorry if that bothers you

wanted to see others responses on that

BackFire
I herd some rumors as well of people saying that his mother said he was born in Kenya.

I heard rumors that Bush was behind 9/11.

King Kandy
maybe im just curious why he is so bothered over the rumors of him being born in kenya. if it was not true he would not be bothered about it.
When was he ever bothered? I don't recall him ever so much as mentioning the birther controversy, ever. You're just projecting what you want to believe onto him.

King Castle
nah it was confirmed that bush was passed out in his office coked out of his mind while his double gave a reading class.

bush also was given a pilot test and it was discovered he didnt retain the knowledge to fly a plane due to the drugs so he wasnt in the plane nor did he parachute out.

chomperx9
When was he ever bothered? I don't recall him ever so much as mentioning the birther controversy, ever. You're just projecting what you want to believe onto him. it was on yahoo's page months ago and just recently there is a story about him responding to the citizens calling him a muslim.

not protecting anything. if im convinced certain details about him then i stick to it unless i hear a bigger story regarding the subject then i might turn it around.

King Kandy
it was on yahoo's page months ago and just recently there is a story about him responding to the citizens calling him a muslim.

not protecting anything. if im convinced certain details about him then i stick to it unless i hear a bigger story regarding the subject then i might turn it around.
Yes, people from his administration responded, by pointing out his birth certificate. That should have settled it. It seems to me you base your politics on nothing more than vague conceptions and biases that lack actual basis in factual reality, instead you just conveniently "remember" things that suit your argument (though strangely enough, actual evidence is never produced).

You basically are saying that you think he is Kenyan, based on... nothing. You actually haven't brought up any reason at all, except that you've heard other people say so.

chomperx9
Yes, people from his administration responded, by pointing out his birth certificate. That should have settled it. It seems to me you base your politics on nothing more than vague conceptions and biases that lack actual basis in factual reality, instead you just conveniently "remember" things that suit your argument (though strangely enough, actual evidence is never produced).

You basically are saying that you think he is Kenyan, based on... nothing. You actually haven't brought up any reason at all, except that you've heard other people say so. when did i say he is from kenya. I only posted what im Hearing from others saying that his mother said he was originally from kenya. and some are Saying its BS like you and the rest of the obama supporters.

Honestly i dont know which side to believe. and I can Careless anymore where he is from to be honest. I focus more on his Performance as presidency. Nationality does not change performance so even if he is from kenya that doesnt mean he sucks as president. only thing that makes a president suck is their performance.

I know you have it in your head that im some racist and im all against obama and look for any reason to bash him right ?
well your wrong

Id rather see my president suceed than fail but if he isnt doing a good job im not gonna make excuses for him no matter what color or gender he or she is.

BackFire
It did settle it with anyone who has a IQ higher than that of a toilet.

chomperx9
It did settle it with anyone who has a IQ higher than that of a toilet. what are you implying ?

King Kandy
when did i say he is from kenya. I only posted what im Hearing from others saying that his mother said he was originally from kenya. and some are Saying its BS like you and the rest of the obama supporters.

Honestly i dont know which side to believe. and I can Careless anymore where he is from to be honest. I focus more on his Performance as presidency. Nationality does not change performance so even if he is from kenya that doesnt mean he sucks as president. only thing that makes a president suck is their performance.

I know you have it in your head that im some racist and im all against obama and look for any reason to bash him right ?
well your wrong

Id rather see my president suceed than fail but if he isnt doing a good job im not gonna make excuses for him no matter what color or gender he or she is.
Cool, now what is it about his performance that you dislike so much? If your only complaint is his stance on immigration, then... well, that's just stupid.

Robtard
what are you implying ?

That people who believe Obama is Kenyan despite the evidence to the contrary are no smarter than a toilet.

I think that's what BF was saying.

BackFire
I'm implying that anyone who thinks he's Kenyan and Muslim is stupid.

Lord Lucien
I'm implying that anyone who thinks he's Kenyan and Muslim is stupid. But he approved a mosque to be built right on top of the World Trade Center crater! He's not only a bona fide Muslim, he's an anti-American Holocaust denier.

majid86
LOL

BTW didn't Obama have a large percentage of the Jewish American votes during the 2008 election?
I remember the day when he got elected, my black friends were partying like hell all night long.

ADarksideJedi
It is very that people even voted for him when we are suppose to be againist arab people and yet people vote for someone like him who has an arab name.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
It is very that people even voted for him when we are suppose to be againist arab people and yet people vote for someone like him who has an arab name.

Why should we care what his name is? When did America go to war with all the arabs in the world?

ADarksideJedi
He might be part arab and most of the people we are fighting are arab so how does that make sence?Even his name is close to the guy we are looking for.

Symmetric Chaos
He might be part arab and most of the people we are fighting are arab so how does that make sence?

No, he isn't. And who cares anyway? I don't believe we stopped electing white people to office during the Cold War just because we were mostly at war with white people.

Even his name is close to the guy we are looking for.

You think Obama is actually Osama bin Laden in disguise?

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Don't argue with Jackie. She has admitted that the has a learning disability. She's just one more in the ranks of the goddamn Reagan Republicans whoring our nation to corporations.

Member.
He might be part arab and most of the people we are fighting are arab so how does that make sence?Even his name is close to the guy we are looking for.

Obama is similar to Osama? That HAS to mean something!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Lucien
And Hitler has six letters... and so does Gandhi... GASP!

King Kandy
Don't argue with Jackie. She has admitted that the has a learning disability. She's just one more in the ranks of the goddamn Reagan Republicans whoring our nation to corporations.
That's ironic since you're a republican.

Robtard

Pretty sure he's too young to be a Reagan-Bush era Republican, who according to Norman Arbuthnot, were the glorious Republicans and true Americans.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Eisenhower-Nixon Republican. Not a Reagan zombie.

King Kandy
Eisenhower-Nixon Republican. Not a Reagan zombie.
Well given that Eisenhower and Nixon are dead, who are you voting for nowadays who is not a "goddamn reagan republican"?

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Well given that Eisenhower and Nixon are dead, who are you voting for nowadays who is not a "goddamn reagan republican"?
Ron Paul.

King Kandy
Ron Paul.
So you aren't a corporatist, just an idiot.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
You mad 'cause Black Jesus is a corporate puppet?

crylaugh

You deserved that one though, Kandy. C'mon man. Liberals are supposed to be really nice and docile. You're makin us look bad.

King Kandy
lol, i'd rather have him than Ron Paul. Though to be honest, I would prefer to vote for people way to the left of Obama. But that doesn't happen in this country.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
But that doesn't happen in this country.
Probably because liberalism is a mental disorder. But you know who I'd vote for in a heartbeat if he weren't also retarded? David Duke. That mother****er's policies are spot on. Watch this sly bastard speak. Too bad he has to ruin it by being a KKKfag.

Lord Lucien
How 'bout Mr. Lincoln Rockwell? That suave motherf*cker looks awesome smoking a pipe.

King Kandy
Probably because liberalism is a mental disorder. But you know who I'd vote for in a heartbeat if he weren't also retarded? David Duke. That mother****er's policies are spot on. Watch this sly bastard speak. Too bad he has to ruin it by being a KKKfag.
His policies sound worse than Ron Paul's and that is saying something.

I would have rather voted for John Edwards than Obama, truth be told.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
How 'bout Mr. Lincoln Rockwell? That suave motherf*cker looks awesome smoking a pipe.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_cIdKb8fftY0/SQee-98G5rI/AAAAAAAABcg/HUHTmEiiW9E/s400/george_lincoln_rockwell.jpg

ADarksideJedi
It does not matter I just think it is funny!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.