'Toy Story 3' Reaches $1 Billion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
On Friday, Toy Story 3 officially became the seventh movie ever to reach $1 billion at the worldwide box office. By Sunday, the animated sequel's total rose to $1.012 billion, moving past The Dark Knight to rank sixth on the all-time chart. Domestically, Toy Story 3 ranks ninth with $405.7 million, and, on the foreign-only front, it has climbed to 12th place with $606.4 million.

Toy Story 3 stands as the first animated

MildPossession
It would have been more impressive if it wasn't 3D, 3D hikes the ticket price up... and the majority I expect saw it in 3D.

Robtard
Yup, it's $3.50 more per ticket in my area for 3-D, which in my opinion makes movies shittier.

Part of Avatar's financial suggest is likely the same.

MildPossession

Robtard

Darth Martin
Wow.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by MildPossession
It would have been more impressive if it wasn't 3D, 3D hikes the ticket price up... and the majority I expect saw it in 3D.

Yeah, but that shouldn't make the feat any less impressive. It's still earned that grossing.

§P0oONY

The Nuul
Originally posted by MildPossession

I know eh, its kinda cheating in a way IMO. There should be two box offices, one with this 3D gimick and one without.

jennifermoss
Oh really,Toy Story 3 movie reaches $1 billion.I can expect this movie to reach at the top and hit in the box office as this is one of my favorite comedy movie.It makes me laugh whole-heartedly whenever i am watching this amazing movie anytime.

the ninjak
Good more money for Marvel stuff.

jinXed by JaNx
lol

Pezmerga
How is 3-D cheating? People still decided to pay the money to see it. /shrug. Its a minor nitpick imo. What about inflation? That would more of an advantage to box office sales rankings then 3-D ticket prices.

jimeshten

Mr. Rhythmic
3-D prices or not, Pixar deserves that $1 billion.

Dave_97
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
3-D prices or not, Pixar deserves that $1 billion. This,

is correct.

MildPossession
Why has someone used my post as part of theirs...

Dave_97
because we love you.

MildPossession
Yeah but you are from toyland, so I don't mind.

ADarksideJedi
When is it coming out on Dvd?I am so ready to rent it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.