Universal Majestic Vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Majestic gets his blades of creation. Thor gets his hammer. Game on.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/308/475579-wildcats1p17_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/1772/95051-129656-thor_large.jpg

Warlord
Majestic

Prep-Man
How much?

Warlord
let's see.. he has the blades, the gauntlets/gloves are a power up too I guess so he takes a healthy majority. I think you should give Thor something too to even it up unless I'm wrong

Endless Mike
What do the blades do? I don't remember them.

dmills
Universal Majestic geared up with armor, gloves and his sword? Vs basic Thor? Now that is some butthole tearing assrape right there lol! Majestic 9/10. I'll give Mjolnir one win.

Prep-Man
Gloves?! the gloves didn't really do anything except help move a planet. From what i recall.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Endless Mike
What do the blades do? I don't remember them.

Can cut through anything. And I mean anything.

Warlord
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Gloves?! the gloves didn't really do anything except help move a planet. From what i recall.

no big deal huh... eek!

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Warlord
no big deal huh... eek!

The gloves helped the planet from not crumbling or destroying itself. Majestic did it with his OWN strength.

Warlord
so they provide powerful telekinisis....wink

"Id"
Yeah the gloves didn't do much, but help keep the planet's intact while Majestic rearranged the Solar System. I don't think they will help at all.

Not that it matters, OP only mentions his blades. Thor stands a poor chance with Majestic, and those blades. Even his mallet stands a fair chance of being sliced.

Warlord
Originally posted by "Id"
Even his mallet stands a fair chance of being sliced.

really? are they shown to cut through "indestructable" metal before?

Cubey
Universals are skyfather+

Majestic all day.

GL Kyle Rayner
Isn't Universal when he had the reality warping?

AsbestosFlaygon
Thor needs to go into Warrior Madness mode.

"Id"
really? are they shown to cut through "indestructable" metal before?

Moot point. His Mjolnir isn't indestructible to begin with. erm

Cubey
They were made from the Creation Engine and have cut through energy beings.

cdtm
Majestic gets his blades of creation. Thor gets his hammer. Game on.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/308/475579-wildcats1p17_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/1772/95051-129656-thor_large.jpg

Kind of unfair.

Regular Maj alone could give Thor a good fight, considering he had feats of resisting magic and is strong enough to punch THROUGH uber durable characters (Majestic did it to Spartan when he was amped up with Void, and clearly his physical equal.)

kgkg
Majestic

Rage.Of.Olympus
Is that a King Thor picture by chance are is it actually King Thor in this thread?

And can someone remind me what Majestic did as a Universal. I unfortunately can't remember any of his feats from that state. sad

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not that it matters, OP only mentions his blades. Thor stands a poor chance with Majestic, and those blades. Even his mallet stands a fair chance of being sliced.

The only time I ever recall something slicing Mjolnir was Perrikus' weapon because Jurgens wanted some "wow" factor. Nothing like it was done before. Fortunately, he had Odin reforge Mjolnir, making it stronger than ever IRCC so I don't think it would work again.

Adamantium, Uru, or enchanted weapons like the Blood Axe have failed to damage Mjolnir. IRCC, I think even the Black Knight's sword might have been blocked by Mjolnir. Not 100% sure though.

Anyways, I doubt we'd see Majestic's sword slicing Mjolnir in half but it most definitely has a better chance than most other weapons.

Prep-Man
Majestic still has all the universal powers. He never go rid of them. He was able to take on a being who could consume universes through power and trickery. Rearange the solar sytem and can warp reality.

With the swords, we have seen him affect TAO with the power of creations.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Majestic still has all the universal powers. He never go rid of them.

Really? I thought he lost them, saying he got over being one or something similar. Shame. He doesn't seem any more powerful to me currently. He should have just gotten rid of the powers. Makes him look less impressive.

He was able to take on a being who could consume universes through power and trickery. Rearange the solar sytem and can warp reality.

Are you talking about the Cosmic Negator? IRCC he tricked him by rearranging the Solar System as he couldn't fight it.

From his solo series? Impressive feat of power of course but it took some time and it doesn't mean he'd win here or anything. It just means he can operate on a planetary scale like other elite top tiers.

I think he did that twice. Once during the Big Chill with the God Spartan -Not sure if that's cannon- and a second time to create a new Sun. IRCC it took ancient rituals and other shit. Something not really doable in a battle like this. And not that applicable.

With the swords, we have seen him affect TAO with the power of creations.

When? Pretty sure Tao is a human who can warp reality. Unless he was in some special state etc.

Prep-Man
I don't recall him losing them, just not using them. He has a crap load of powers, but currently we only see him as a brick. More of a writer thing.

He was able to go toe to toe for a bit, but then used trickery, like I just said.

And the TAO thing was in the TAO arc.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't recall him losing them, just not using them. He has a crap load of powers, but currently we only see him as a brick. More of a writer thing.

He was able to go toe to toe for a bit, but then used trickery, like I just said.

And the TAO thing was in the TAO arc.

I thought it would be similar to an overally power upgrade. He doesn't seem any more powerful at all to me from what I can tell. It's more than likely already forgotten. A crap load of powers? I don't recall us ever seeing how powerful he became as a Universal.

Again, are you talking about the Cosmic Negator? I'm nearly a 100% he couldn't do shit to it and had to resort to rearranging the Solar System.

A little bit more specific?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I thought it would be similar to an overally power upgrade. He doesn't seem any more powerful at all to me from what I can tell. It's more than likely already forgotten. A crap load of powers? I don't recall us ever seeing how powerful he became as a Universal.

Again, are you talking about the Cosmic Negator? I'm nearly a 100% he couldn't do shit to it and had to resort to rearranging the Solar System.

A little bit more specific?

He's had some energy manipulating powers in Image, TP, and basic brick power set. This was before being a universal.

I'm talking about TAO. Majestic was one of the only ones to affect him. And this was due to his swords. ID posted the scans in another thread.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He's had some energy manipulating powers in Image, TP, and basic brick power set. This was before being a universal.

I'm talking about TAO. Majestic was one of the only ones to affect him. And this was due to his swords. ID posted the scans in another thread.

I know he can manipulate energy to some extent. His usually a flying brick, but he can project energy even from his hands. I'm not really sure what being a Universal even did to Majestic. At least I can't remember.

Yes TAO. Tactically Augmented Organism IRCC. I'm pretty sure that his a purely physical being, not that much above human level as I recall. His greatest weapon back in the day was his intelligence. He once completely mind f*cked Fuji I believe.

Prep-Man
TAO absorbed those 3 beings who had the creation of life or something. One being Void.

Majestic was also one of the 3 to help create a universe, I believe.

And I agree, Majestic's greatest weapon is his mind. He also has TP and TK abilities.

Rage.Of.Olympus
TAO absorbed those 3 beings who had the creation of life or something. One being Void.

Majestic was also one of the 3 to help create a universe, I believe.

And I agree, Majestic's greatest weapon is his mind. He also has TP and TK abilities.

During World's End right? I didn't read all of it but from what I saw from earlier on in the series and his fight with Spartan, he was a reality warper and still had a physical form/body. Not sure how damaging him proves he can damage Mjolnir.

The Big Chill right? That was along with Spartan when he went God mode and some ancient Virus. There were the last beings in the Universe. I think that's some alternate future one shot and not really applicable seeing the help he had.

I was talking about Tao. I've never seen Majestic using telepathy. Being what he is, he should have some raw psychic power but I can't recall him using it offensively. I think he used Telekinesis once to move 3 bags of money but that's it.

Prep-Man
He was powered by creation and brushed off the rest of the Wildcats. So his durability was a bit above normal. Unless he used his reality warping powers on those attacks. The point is, is that the sword can affect powerful energies and is said to cut through anything. Thor's hammer has been affected before.

Also, Majestic also has shown matter manipulation. Small feats, but he has them.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He was powered by creation and brushed off the rest of the Wildcats. So his durability was a bit above normal. Unless he used his reality warping powers on those attacks. The point is, is that the sword can affect powerful energies and is said to cut through anything. Thor's hammer has been affected before.

Also, Majestic also has shown matter manipulation. Small feats, but he has them.

I'm pretty sure Tao was a standard reality warper. I.e. he had a human form but in terms of power, he was really up there. He'd have to have a serious upgrade in that category so that you could use it as evidence the blades can harm Mjolnir. He wasn't like Korvac from what I saw. I.e. once he powered up nothing besides someone on his level could harm him.

Powerful energies? Like I said, I'm pretty sure Tao had a physical body and wasn't an energy being. Pretty sure that's been said about Wolverine's claws as well (Skrang would know) The Ebony Blade too and I think Mjolnir has stopped an attack from it.

Only once with a bladed weapon. And that isn't even applicable anymore as Odin gave Mjolnir an upgrade.

Never seen that. If he has, I highly doubt it was on a level that would make it a game changer.

Prep-Man
If he had a human form, how was he able to withstand WC's attacks? Also, he withstood Majestic's blades. It did cause him some pain, though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If he had a human form, how was he able to withstand WC's attacks? Also, he withstood Majestic's blades. It did cause him some pain, though.

Again, like I said, from what I saw he was the standard reality warper. Human form with great power. Could he amp his abilities? Sure. If he was amping his abilities at the time Majestic did what he did, it's a good feat.

But I haven't read as I told you, so I wouldn't know.

erm Then what was the point of bringing it up and acting as if it was undeniable proof of the blades being able to damage Mjolnir.

What issue did this happen in? So I can read it for myself and end this discussion.

Prep-Man
Uhh, I'm not really claiming that Majestic could cut through Thor's hammer. It's just a possibility.

Rage.Of.Olympus
no expression

So this was.....pointless then?

Prep-Man
no

Rage.Of.Olympus
You suck.

And Thor would beat the living shit out of Majestic.

Prep-Man
I'm not hellbent either way. And I knew you would vote for Thor. Everyone does.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm not hellbent either way. And I knew you would vote for Thor. Everyone does.

mhmm

There was chance I would have voted for Majestic. I'm not biased when it comes to Thor. I just truly realize how powerful he is.

Question: Is this King Thor or Classic Thor?

Prep-Man
Let's be honest. There was no chance. laughing out loud

Warlord
Moot point. His Mjolnir isn't indestructible to begin with. erm

I don't remember it being destroyed by physical contact with another weapon before.

All the times it was destroyed it was due to vast magical/cosmic forces.

Prep-Man
I don't remember it being destroyed by physical contact with another weapon before.

Yes, but people forget is that the swords are more than just physical weapons, from what I gather. It's crafted from the engines of creation or something.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Let's be honest. There was no chance. laughing out loud

schmoll

There was!

Prep-Man
That Metron sig isn't fooling me! laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
msn-oh

Drats, you're on to me!

Warlord
Yes, but people forget is that the swords are more than just physical weapons, from what I gather. It's crafted from the engines of creation or something.

I know the concept. I don't say it's impossible I just asked if they have done something like that to a seemingly indestructable weapon

Prep-Man
It would be interesting to see, indeed. The swords are indestructible as well. Just depends on who writes it, I guess.

Cubey
You suck.

And Thor would beat the living shit out of Majestic.

lolwut. God Majestic would own Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Cubey
lolwut. God Majestic would own Thor.

1) Not truly serious.
2) Why do you think so? What has God Majestic done so far?
3) Apparently Majestic has kept the power up continuity wise. Making this "Universal" upgrade a fair bit less impressive in my eyes. He doesn't seem to be any more powerful. Maybe the entire "Guardian of Life" was a status thing.

Prep-Man
He's less impressive, because he doesn't use those powers. If he did, he would be the same.

Rage.Of.Olympus
What powers are those? I personally don't remember us getting a list or anything of what he was capable off now.

I guess you could argue it's akin to a Super Saiyan thing. The Majestic we see now is his human/base form and he can power up but I'm not sure you'd have any evidence to back up that theory.

Mindset
mhmm

There was chance I would have voted for Majestic. I'm not biased when it comes to Thor. I just truly realize how powerful he is.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Kitsukaru/ryoma.png

Prep-Man
Rage is trying to play me. I won't let him get to me. sad

Cubey
1) Not truly serious.
2) Why do you think so? What has God Majestic done so far?
3) Apparently Majestic has kept the power up continuity wise. Making this "Universal" upgrade a fair bit less impressive in my eyes. He doesn't seem to be any more powerful. Maybe the entire "Guardian of Life" was a status thing.

He didn't keep the powers. I thought he lost them when he left the Universals...

And Majestic has done thing of at least Thor's calibre. What really made me side with Majestic was the Creation Engine swords. And his showings in the last few issues of his solo series and the Big Chill issues. He was shown as a cosmic God in both those occasions.

"Id"

Moot point again. The last explanation as to why it broke apart, was because it struck something as hard as itself in the form of Bor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, durability wise, that wasn't a big highlight for Mjolnir. It's struck everything from Adamantium, to Captain America's shield, to Celestial armor, to Galactus, etc. and hasn't so match as chipped. So durability wise, Bor has to be pretty damn ridiculous.

Still, I'm hesitant to think that's enough evidence to come to the conclusion the Blades can slice through Mjolnir. Just because something is equally as durable, doesn't mean it can damage Mjolnir. For example, when Masterson and Dargo fought, two Mjolnir's struck each other, unleashing a force not seen since the Big Bang, and the shockwave was felt across all realities. Mjolnir was fine.

He didn't keep the powers. I thought he lost them when he left the Universals...

And Majestic has done thing of at least Thor's calibre. What really made me side with Majestic was the Creation Engine swords. And his showings in the last few issues of his solo series and the Big Chill issues. He was shown as a cosmic God in both those occasions.

So did I, but according to Prep Man, he kept them. Making them much less impressive.

I'm not arguing Majestic isn't on Thor's level or something. They'd definitely be big help but aren't an automatic win or anything. Thor's fought plenty of beings equipped with bladed weapons. Even enchanted bladed weapons. Granted none of them were as fast as Majestic.

The Big Chill was a sort of "The End" type deal by Moore as I understand. It's been a while so I'll ask, does anything in particular come to mind? Not that they would be applicable here but I'm simply curious.

The last few issues of his solo series he was a Cosmic God? Which volume? And what did he do in particular?

Cubey
So did I, but according to Prep Man, he kept them. Making them much less impressive.

I'm not arguing Majestic isn't on Thor's level or something. They'd definitely be big help but aren't an automatic win or anything. Thor's fought plenty of beings equipped with bladed weapons. Even enchanted bladed weapons. Granted none of them were as fast as Majestic.

The Big Chill was a sort of "The End" type deal by Moore as I understand. It's been a while so I'll ask, does anything in particular come to mind? Not that they would be applicable here but I'm simply curious.

The last few issues of his solo series he was a Cosmic God? Which volume? And what did he do in particular?

Well, I'm not sure how he could keep them, when you can only have them if you're a High Lord, which he no longer is.

Have any of the enchanted blades that have clashed with Mjolnir been forged from a universe busting gear? Because that's what the Creation Engine is.

Well, he created a sun during the Big Chill. By the end, he was 1/4th the power used to restart the universe. He also fought TAO who absorbed massively powerful beings and is a reality warper (but not during BC)

The last few issues of his first solo was when he became a Universal. They were all pretty much skyfather type beings, and he gained power on their level becoming the guardian of life across the universe.

And then you have the insane prep use, intelligence (which he displayed against the Cosmic Negator), and shit like that.

So if you take into account his craziest feats, God Majestic is to Majestic what RKT is to Thor.

"Id"

amnesia
Majestic 10/10 thumb down

W/O sword 5/5 but the sword is way to dangerous.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Well, I'm not sure how he could keep them, when you can only have them if you're a High Lord, which he no longer is.

Dunno. I thought he had gotten over being one, but apparently he kept the upgrade.

Have any of the enchanted blades that have clashed with Mjolnir been forged from a universe busting gear? Because that's what the Creation Engine is.

I can't think of anything. But Mjolnir has faced forces that are Universal in scale. This is a decent example:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ShatterCosmos1.jpg
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ShatterCosmos2.jpg

The energy generated by that attack was going to be used by Zarrako to collapse an infinite number of time lines into one:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CollapseTimelines1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CollapseTimelines2.jpg

Thor himself has tapped into a reactor powerful enough to nullify the entire Universe, attempting to control the energy. He didn't last long before the stress forced him to let go of the forces, but still a neat showing.

Well, he created a sun during the Big Chill. By the end, he was 1/4th the power used to restart the universe. He also fought TAO who absorbed massively powerful beings and is a reality warper (but not during BC)

I don't remember that personally. But he did create a Sun during his solo series using ancient rituals and so on. Not really applicable in a battle but neat nonetheless.

I don't remember the specifics but was he stated to be 1/4 of the power? Because as I recall, Spartan had involved into something beyond a God and was probably beyond Majestic. He was also involved in the feat.

At World's End right? What issue? It's from the WildCATS series I'm guessing. Prep Man never answered me unfortunately. I want to see this fight for myself. I'd be surprised if Majestic did anything noticeable and I still haven't heard of it.

The last few issues of his first solo was when he became a Universal. They were all pretty much skyfather type beings, and he gained power on their level becoming the guardian of life across the universe.

Did he -or even they- do anything ? I personally don't remember anything notable. We don't have any previous references or feats from Majestic's father to even get a rough idea.

And then you have the insane prep use, intelligence (which he displayed against the Cosmic Negator), and shit like that.

Unfortunately he doesn't have prep here.

So if you take into account his craziest feats, God Majestic is to Majestic what RKT is to Thor.

Maybe. I'll have to re-read his solos series before I could say for sure.

Prep-Man
Majestic doesn't need prep, though. He has created devices in nano seconds. Thor wouldn't know what hit him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Majestic doesn't need prep, though. He has created devices in nano seconds. Thor wouldn't know what hit him.

He has. But only when his had equipment available or access to his lab that is. At least from what I've seen.

He can fly away to get equipment and come back but that might be self battle field removal. And if you think Majestic could do that during an in progress battle, I guess it's only fair to assume Thor can summon down his equipment.

Cubey
Dunno. I thought he had gotten over being one, but apparently he kept the upgrade.

Well I've never seen any proof of this.

That definitely is a great feat. Maybe the CE swords wont be able to do anything to Mjolnir, but he could still harm Thor himself.

He also turned the sun into a binary star (if that's not already what you're talking about) and yeah, he needed to create it at the moment the universe would end in order to bring about a new universe.

No that's true, he was never explicitly stated to be 1/4, and yeah Spartan had grown massively powerful by that time.. but if it helps, he was still the second strongest person, and the universe could not have been recreated without him.

Though it probably isn't a quantifiable feat now that I think about it.

Yep it was during World's End. By this time, TAO had absorbed Void, Providence and Max Faraday's power. Majestic came and subdued him the CE swords.

You should note that at this point, TAO was powerful enough to manipulate the Hollow Realm and wipe Spartan clean of his powers.

Another great feat is Majestic holding his own vs Void-amped Atom, and Void-amped Spartan.

No, which is on of the reasons I hate using God Majestic in battles. Way too ambiguous, reminds me of featless Superman-Prime 1M.

I know.. just showing why Majestic need no be underestimated.

Do it.

Prep-Man
According to this, Majestic didn't lose his powers.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Well I've never seen any proof of this.

I'm going off my memory mostly. Prep Man is who made this claim in particular. Ask him for a reference.

That definitely is a great feat. Maybe the CE swords wont be able to do anything to Mjolnir, but he could still harm Thor himself.

They should and would. But being able to cut Thor isn't an automatic win. He has a history of facing opponents with bladed weapons. Of course, few if any have been as fast as Majestros.

He also turned the sun into a binary star (if that's not already what you're talking about) and yeah, he needed to create it at the moment the universe would end in order to bring about a new universe.

The one I'm talking about was when he had to rearrange the Solar System because of the Cosmic Negator. I recall the mention of a Binary Star so I'm probably talking about that feat.

No that's true, he was never explicitly stated to be 1/4, and yeah Spartan had grown massively powerful by that time.. but if it helps, he was still the second strongest person, and the universe could not have been recreated without him.

Though it probably isn't a quantifiable feat now that I think about it.

Well, either way, the Big Chill is more of a possible future type of thing. It wouldn't matter here.

Yep it was during World's End. By this time, TAO had absorbed Void, Providence and Max Faraday's power. Majestic came and subdued him the CE swords.

You should note that at this point, TAO was powerful enough to manipulate the Hollow Realm and wipe Spartan clean of his powers.

Another great feat is Majestic holding his own vs Void-amped Atom, and Void-amped Spartan.

From the sound of it, it's impressive, but I'd have to read it for myself to judge accurately.

Atom as in Captain Atom? Atom didn't seem noticeably more powerful to me. Not at the time of the fight at least. He had more of a potential power build up going on as I recall. I did think that was a bit of a low showing personally. According to Atom Superman might have the strength edge on Majestros. I'm not sure I'd agree with that.

I don't remember the Spartan one personally.

No, which is on of the reasons I hate using God Majestic in battles. Way too ambiguous, reminds me of featless Superman-Prime 1M.

Well, that's a problem now, isn't it?

I know.. just showing why Majestic need no be underestimated.

It's been a while since I've re-read most of his appearances but Majestic is still one of my favorite characters. I won't be underestimating him.

Do it.

Heh, sounds like your egging me on to do something dirty. youpi

Cubey
According to this, Majestic didn't lose his powers.

Wikipedia? confused

They should and would. But being able to cut Thor isn't an automatic win. He has a history of facing opponents with bladed weapons. Of course, few if any have been as fast as Majestros.

There'd obviously be a lot more to the fight than just cutting/smashing each other lol. First off who has the better feats in the basic stats (strength, speed, durability etc) and then factor in other shit.

Yep same feat.

Yeah..

Yes, Captain Atom. I wouldn't say a low feat really. Cap utterly incinerated Apollo, Midnighter, and Jenny Quantum. Majestic was putting the hurt on him. Only later was Atom able to hold his own, and this was a Majestic who was holding himself back the entire time.

The Spartan fight was in the respect thread. Spartan ended up winning very barely by throwing him into some furnace type thing, but before that Majestic was fighting off the entire Spartan race + Void Spartan.

Which is why I'm using other feats by normal Majestic.

evil face

Prep-Man
Wikipedia? confused

There'd obviously be a lot more to the fight than just cutting/smashing each other lol. First off who has the better feats in the basic stats (strength, speed, durability etc) and then factor in other shit.

Yep same feat.

Yeah..

Yes, Captain Atom. I wouldn't say a low feat really. Cap utterly incinerated Apollo, Midnighter, and Jenny Quantum. Majestic was putting the hurt on him. Only later was Atom able to hold his own, and this was a Majestic who was holding himself back the entire time.

The Spartan fight was in the respect thread. Spartan ended up winning very barely by throwing him into some furnace type thing, but before that Majestic was fighting off the entire Spartan race + Void Spartan.

evil face

Nah, Comicvine. Is that place worse?

Cubey
They have a lot of fanboys. There information can be "that's pretty much it" to "**** no".

I'd say it's a leap of faith to base your argument off that.

Rage.Of.Olympus

From what I've seen, Thor's high end feats in strength and durability are above those of Majestic, but that's expected with a character as high end as Thor with such a long run. I'd say the two are more or less equal in strength. I think Majestic might be slightly harder to hurt -he doesn't always come off as invulnerable as Superman to me- but I wouldn't be surprised if Thor can take more punishment before going down. I'd say durability would be more or less equal -at least on average- with these two.

Incinerated? In their first fight? Don't remember that. Still, Apollo is a bit of pansy and Midnighter's badass aura can only take him so far. I wasn't ever sure where to rank Jenny.

As I recall, Captain Atom thought it was Superman but it turned out to be Majestros. He then knocks him around with 3 hits. Atom says enough and brings him to his knees. He then hammers Majestros deep underground.

I'd call it a low showing. Especially since he called Majestic not quite Superman strong. I guess he held back to some extent but I doubt it would be noticeably more than Atom.

I'll check it out later. I'm too lazy now. stick out tongue

To be fair, you haven't really given any feats that would change much in this battle outside of maybe the TAO reference (Haven't read that one yet) Just saying.

Prep-Man
Majestic wasn't really phased by those blows, though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Pretty sure Majestic was on his knees from that blast so he was affected to some degree. We don't see how he reacts to the hammering though.

cdtm
Really? I thought he lost them, saying he got over being one or something similar. Shame. He doesn't seem any more powerful to me currently. He should have just gotten rid of the powers. Makes him look less impressive.

Are you talking about the Cosmic Negator? IRCC he tricked him by rearranging the Solar System as he couldn't fight it.

From his solo series? Impressive feat of power of course but it took some time and it doesn't mean he'd win here or anything. It just means he can operate on a planetary scale like other elite top tiers.

Shoving around planets and inventing tech like the gloves, plus devices to mask the universes rearranging are impressive for sure.

But I was especially impressed with how he casually transformed the composition of Jupiter with his laser vision. It looked like he actually transformed it into a solid state planet...

That should at least be up there with creating a sun.

Prep-Man
Pretty sure Majestic was on his knees from that blast so he was affected to some degree. We don't see how he reacts to the hammering though.

Yeah, but he wasn't in pain or anything. He later punked CA in the same arc.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He wasn't in agony, but that definitely hurt him. At least it stunned him for a moment.

IRCC, he out-flew Atom and caught his punch, telling him wanted to help him. A cool scene, but I'd have preferred a beat down.

Originally posted by cdtm
Shoving around planets and inventing tech like the gloves, plus devices to mask the universes rearranging are impressive for sure.

But I was especially impressed with how he casually transformed the composition of Jupiter with his laser vision. It looked like he actually transformed it into a solid state planet...

That should at least be up there with creating a sun.

I said they were an impressive showing of power in the same post you quoted did I not?

And the Universes rearranging? What are you referring to?

He might have.

Maybe.

cdtm
Oh, and about Majestic vs Captain Atom:

Captain Atom had a shard of The Void within him. It unquestionably had an effect on his power level, so we can't really judge any of the CA vs Wildstorm fights as if it was standard CA.

cdtm
I said they were an impressive showing of power in the same post you quoted did I not?

He might have.

Maybe.

Sorry, I meant to say he invented devices to mask the solar systems rearrangements.

And considering the sheer size of Jupiter and the kind of energy required to transform it's composition, and the fact Majestic easily did this (It looked like he did it instantly too), that's high herald level stuff imo.

I can't see Superman doing the same with his heat vision.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Sorry, I meant to say he invented devices to mask the solar systems rearrangements.

And considering the sheer size of Jupiter and the kind of energy required to transform it's composition, and the fact Majestic easily did this (It looked like he did it instantly too), that's high herald level stuff imo.

I can't see Superman doing the same with his heat vision.

I thought you might have meant that.

I think Majestros is a high herald.

Same here.

Oh, and about Majestic vs Captain Atom:

Captain Atom had a shard of The Void within him. It unquestionably had an effect on his power level, so we can't really judge any of the CA vs Wildstorm fights as if it was standard CA.

Really? I thought his powers didn't start fluctuating until later on. When they got on the carrier I believe. But it's been too long for me to comment with certainty.

Prep-Man
He wasn't in agony, but that definitely hurt him. At least it stunned him for a moment.

IRCC, he out-flew Atom and caught his punch, telling him wanted to help him. A cool scene, but I'd have preferred a beat down.

He might have.

Maybe.

Nothing worth noting, though. It didn't really phase him.

And on top of that, CA has had some really impressive showings throughout his history, so...

cdtm

Really? I thought his powers didn't start fluctuating until later on. When they got on the carrier I believe. But it's been too long for me to comment with certainty.

Well, since all we know is the shard affected his powers, it's hard to say with certainty that they didn't have an effect from the start...

But a piece of Void amped Spartan up to Majestics level, so it's a safe bet Cap was at least somewhat amped since getting it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nothing worth noting, though. It didn't really phase him.

And on top of that, CA has had some really impressive showings throughout his history, so...

He was on his knees. It phased him.

Originally posted by Lucid Lui
1. http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/3815/captainatomarmageddon01pg164ob1.jpg
2. http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/988/captainatomarmageddon01pg198lz.jpg
3. http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/1312/captainatomarmageddon01pg202no.jpg

Not necessarily bad, but it's nothing to brag about.

True, but on average I'd say Captain Atom is usually a mid herald to low high herald character.

Well, since all we know is the shard affected his powers, it's hard to say with certainty that they didn't have an effect from the start...

But a piece of Void amped Spartan up to Majestics level, so it's a safe bet Cap was at least somewhat amped since getting it.

I guess that's fair. I just don't remember Captain Atom noting any increase in power or anything. He didn't even know of the shard until the Authority revealed it I believe.

Cubey
Actually, since we have no feats for Majestic's amped form, I can actually see where you're from Rage.

My gut still tells me Majestic wins, but I get your p.o.v too.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Actually, since we have no feats for Majestic's amped form, I can actually see where you're from Rage.

My gut still tells me Majestic wins, but I get your p.o.v too.

I like you know. You can be my cubey.

Prep-Man
He was on his knees. It phased him.

Not necessarily bad, but it's nothing to brag about.

True, but on average I'd say Captain Atom is usually a mid herald to low high herald character.

I guess that's fair. I just don't remember Captain Atom noting any increase in power or anything. He didn't even know of the shard until the Authority revealed it I believe.

But the point is that it didn't really do much. A couple panels later, Majestic caught him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
But the point is that it didn't really do much. A couple panels later, Majestic caught him.

Oh really? You were arguing that the blast didn't phase him. My stance was the opposite. It clearly did.

I'm not debating that the attack took him out -clearly it didn't- but it sure as hell phased him. The blast stunned him for a few moments.

Panels? I'm pretty sure Majestic caught up to him half way through the next issue.

cdtm

Nothing was really hurting him, though.

Maul and Apollo were pretty viscously pounding on him, and he was having fully coherent thoughts and didn't seem to take any injury. Caps tough, but he was never that tough.

Hell, Hawk as Monarch kicked his ass at the end of Armageddon: The Alien Agenda.

Prep-Man
It hardly caused him pain. He wasn't even fighting back. We see Majestic come in and swoop in on CA, then Majestic takes a point blank blast from CA and then he punches him down the concrete. Next page or so, we see CA trying to fly away, but Majestic comes right back. Just a brief fight, Nothing to note.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It hardly caused him pain. He wasn't even fighting back. We see Majestic come in and swoop in on CA, then Majestic takes a point blank blast from CA and then he punches him down the concrete. Next page or so, we see CA trying to fly away, but Majestic comes right back. Just a brief fight, Nothing to note.

He wasn't fighting back precisely because it caused him pain. I don't see how anyone can read that scene and logical argue he wasn't phased. He was affected to the point he was stunned. It's not a horrible showing as Atom had a power up to an unknown degree at the time -Atom is powerful in his own right- so I don't see the problem.

You didn't need to describe their fight to me. I just posted the scans.

Next page? I believe that the scene where Majestic outraces Atom happens in the next issue.

Prep-Man
He says it right here. A scan you didn't post.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/Red_Atom/Captain%20Atom/Cap%20scans/captainatomarmageddon2119ab.jpg

Nothing worth noting.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He says it right here. A scan you didn't post.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/Red_Atom/Captain%20Atom/Cap%20scans/captainatomarmageddon2119ab.jpg

Nothing worth noting.

He says what right there? That's his not there to fight Adam? I described that scene a page ago:
I don't see how it changes anything.

You keep saying that like it proves something. I'm not debating that the scene had some large importance or value. I'm debating your claim that Majestic was not phased by Atom's attack. He clearly was.

Prep-Man
It wasn't a very important scene. Atom is a top tier and Majestic took his blows like a champ.

When Atom was gearing up for an attack, Majestic easily stopped it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It wasn't a very important scene. Atom is a top tier and Majestic took his blows like a champ.

When Atom was gearing up for an attack, Majestic easily stopped it.

You don't seem to understand what I'm saying. I'm not debating the importance of the scene. I'm not even debating their entire fight. My main problem is your claim that he wasn't phased by Atom's attack. He was on his knees and stunned. He was hurt. Do you understand?

Prep-Man
Yeah, but I don't agree. Do you understand?

Cubey
I like you know. You can be my cubey.

Alright Happy Dance

"Id"
You also have to factor in, that version of Captain Atom had a power bump.

Prep-Man
So, he had an amp and Majestic still took it like a champ? In the scene I posted, Majestic easily stopped a blast from Atom. Maybe this was a SERIOUS Majestic working here.

"Id"
Yeah.

That was the ongoing theme in that series, his energies levels skyrocketed by the conflicting energies presented by the Voids shard.

cdtm
You also have to factor in, that version of Captain Atom had a power bump.

Already mentioned that.

I'll give Maj his due at tossing Atom around and stopping his attacks, but I don't think he could've knocked him out. Not the way Cap kept tanking attacks from everyone.

The power bump also may explain why Captain Atom thought Majestic was weaker then Superman, because he certainly didn't look weaker against Eradicator.

(To be honest, I'm tempted to disregard the series altogether though.. The Authority scaring people, I can see. But Majestic? The people loved him! They cheered when he returned in his solo series. I also thought Majestics characterization was off.. I mean, tossing Captain Atom at the Washington Monument just to get his attention isn't really something I can see him doing. He's not the Eradicator..)

Rage.Of.Olympus
I remember noting that this series wasn't particularly kind when it came to Majestic once I was done reading it.

Yeah, but I don't agree. Do you understand?

Of course I understand. I've pointed out your stance more than once. I just think it's illogical.

Yeah.

That was the ongoing theme in that series, his energies levels skyrocketed by the conflicting energies presented by the Voids shard.

Issue number?

I don't want to flip through the entire series for simply one scene.

Prep-Man
Already mentioned that.

I'll give Maj his due at tossing Atom around and stopping his attacks, but I don't think he could've knocked him out. Not the way Cap kept tanking attacks from everyone.

The power bump also may explain why Captain Atom thought Majestic was weaker then Superman, because he certainly didn't look weaker against Eradicator.

(To be honest, I'm tempted to disregard the series altogether though.. The Authority scaring people, I can see. But Majestic? The people loved him! They cheered when he returned in his solo series. I also thought Majestics characterization was off.. I mean, tossing Captain Atom at the Washington Monument just to get his attention isn't really something I can see him doing. He's not the Eradicator..)

Yeah, Maj punked Eradicator. Even insulting DC's heroes to Superman. eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.