Iran vs. Israel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

YoBro
Realistically, who will win when the war breaks out? Israel has proven to be very powerful, however, Hezbollah was a major challenger to Israel in the 2006 Lebanon war, and Hezbollah is just a little Iran-financied guerilla group... There should be powers in Iran FAR above those of Hezbollah. Will Israel win?

majid86
Israel will win IMO

YoBro
Maybe. Israel got the superior technology, but Iran is evolving rapidly, and Hezbollah was just a small demonstration of their power.

majid86
Israel has nukes and are willing to use them even on their own soil

YoBro
Originally posted by majid86
Israel has nukes and are willing to use them even on their own soil

USA will not let Israel use nukes, I'm pretty sure of that. I imagine Israel fighting Iran head-on, Iran being assisted by nearby countries, Israel losing, USA interfering, Israel being saved, but both Israel and Iran being left in a state of chaos.

Kaibs
If you honestly think the United States would do nothing while Israel loses if Iran is assisted by nearby countries you're out of your mind. The UN would also not allow such things.

majid86
ditto

YoBro
I said USA WOULD interfere, actually. However, Israel won't be able to handle Iran alone, seeing as Iran is very powerful and got immediate backup from surrounding countries, and also Hezbollah, an old foe of Israel.

However, I hope Israel will win.

Kaibs
You obviously didn't read what I said carefully. I was implying that the United States wouldn't even let Israel be in trouble before they helped. I never said you said they wouldn't interfere.

YoBro
Originally posted by Kaibs
You obviously didn't read what I said carefully. I was implying that the United States wouldn't even let Israel be in trouble before they helped. I never said you said they wouldn't interfere.

Well, US didn't do much when Israel was struggling with Hezbollah.

mindbomb
dealing with hezbollah is very diffrent than a war with another country
if iran declared war on israel the us would be at war the following day

inimalist
in terms of military power, Iran is not very powerful at all, and no, Egypt wouldn't help them, Lebanon wouldn't help them, turkey wouldn't help them... Syria might, and I don't know enough about Jordan.

even then, none of those nations pose a conventional military threat to Israel. so long as Israel didn't try to occupy Iran, there would be a conclusive victory in weeks, due to Israeli air supremacy alone.

Kaibs
Originally posted by YoBro
Well, US didn't do much when Israel was struggling with Hezbollah.

Although the United States is struggling economically we're still the military power. Those countries you think would help Iran would get slaughtered by the US and they know it. They wouldn't be helping anyone, and like someone already said I don't know how you think Iran is some insane power because they're not. They're still far away from even getting a nuke.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by inimalist
so long as Israel didn't try to occupy Iran,

Aha! Hit the nail on the head.

Except, Israel won't invade Iran, USA will... catastrophe in the making.

Parmaniac
in terms of military power, Iran is not very powerful at all, and no, Egypt wouldn't help them, Lebanon wouldn't help them, turkey wouldn't help them... Syria might, and I don't know enough about Jordan.

Let me help you out smile
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jordan
even then, none of those nations pose a conventional military threat to Israel. so long as Israel didn't try to occupy Iran, there would be a conclusive victory in weeks, due to Israeli air supremacy alone. This

Robtard
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Aha! Hit the nail on the head.

Except, Israel won't invade Iran, USA will... catastrophe in the making.

Iran's not being invaded. Bombed, maybe. Not invaded.

Kaibs
Not even bombed. SF and Delta will take care of things most likely where the media won't know. Which I am not entirely opposed to doing anyway. My brother is going to Iran soon since he's in SF although its a bit annoying.

King Kandy
Hezbollah was difficult to defeat because it was a guerilla army, and on it's home turf. If Iran invades Israel straight up, there will be no contest at all.

YoBro
Originally posted by King Kandy
Hezbollah was difficult to defeat because it was a guerilla army, and on it's home turf. If Iran invades Israel straight up, there will be no contest at all.

I guess you're right. What else to expect from the legendary King Kandy? smile

amnesia
I don't care. Let them kill each other.

Bicnarok

Originally posted by Kaibs
If you honestly think the United States would do nothing while Israel loses if Iran is assisted by nearby countries you're out of your mind. The UN would also not allow such things. It has and it would again.

You high?

Anyway, conflict could potentially spread to the region, but it's not that likely. They'll just trade missile attacks. If it does spread to the region and let's say turkey and egypt got at it with israel, USA won't take them on either.

santeuil
Originally posted by 753
It has and it would again.

You high?

Anyway, conflict could potentially spread to the region, but it's not that likely. They'll just trade missile attacks. If it does spread to the region and let's say turkey and egypt got at it with israel, USA won't take them on either.
When was the last time Israel was losing a war and the US didn't support them?

Bardock42
Originally posted by santeuil
When was the last time Israel was losing a war and the US didn't support them?

The last time Israel was losing a war was about 2000 years ago. The US didn't support them on account of not existing.

When was the last time Israel was losing a war and the US didn't support them? USA has never actually sent troops to fight in the israeli wars, their support is financial and political.

The UN as a whole would not intervene on Israel's behalf. The wsc is unlikely to get anything out on the matter, other than calls for peace and an end to hostilities.

lil bitchiness

King Kandy

amnesia
Originally posted by King Kandy
I once knew a guy IRL who honestly believed that.

Wiping Jerusalem from the map is reasonable to say the least.

roughrider
Originally posted by amnesia
Wiping Jerusalem from the map is reasonable to say the least.

Christians, Jews & Muslims have been fighting over Jerusalem for thousands of years now. Have some natural calamity claim it and turn it into a legend - become the next Atlantis. Then maybe we can live together better.

Parmaniac
It would be funny if a natural desaster would complete erase jerusalem from the map.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Parmaniac
It would be funny if a natural desaster would complete erase jerusalem from the map.

Funny? Don't you think ****ed up and twisted?

roughrider
Originally posted by Bardock42
Funny? Don't you think ****ed up and twisted?

No. God is due to get involved again - people are forgetting the judgment days of the Great Flood and Sodom & Gomorrah. I think that part of the world is so poisoned by hate, maybe no one should live there.

Bardock42
Originally posted by roughrider
No. God is due to get involved again - people are forgetting the judgment days of the Great Flood and Sodom & Gomorrah. I think that part of the world is so poisoned by hate, maybe no one should live there.

Lol, you joking?

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Israel will win because America strong. Not that I like Israel, of course, but it's better that they win than ****ing Iran.

Parmaniac
Funny? Don't you think ****ed up and twisted? "Funny" in the way that a "higher force" just takes away the land from everyone after they kept fighting for it for a long long time.

Robtard
Hate all you want on Israel, but it'll be one of the safest places when the Zombie Apocalypse happens.

roughrider
Lol, you joking?

Just thinking out loud, as I look at the news reports about the 'second' round of peace talks going on between Israel and the Palestinians.
Second round? What the f**k? Second what - second century?

amnesia
Originally posted by Robtard
Hate all you want on Israel, but it'll be one of the safest places when the Zombie Apocalypse happens.

It's just a matter of time!

Parmaniac
Hate all you want on Israel, but it'll be one of the safest places when the Zombie Apocalypse happens. What if the Zombie Apocalypse starts in Israel?

Robtard
What if the Zombie Apocalypse starts in Israel?

Will start in China. /fact

roughrider
Will start in China. /fact

Then we're screwed. No one on the Korean front lines in the 1950's will forget Chinese wave infantry storming in. Now imagine it's zombie infantry... evil face

Robtard
Originally posted by roughrider
Then we're screwed. No one on the Korean front lines in the 1950's will forget Chinese wave infantry storming in. Now imagine it's zombie infantry... evil face

Chinese will use nukes on themselves once an area gets to infested.

Hate all you want on Israel, but it'll be one of the safest places when the Zombie Apocalypse happens. Why is that?

Robtard
Originally posted by 753
Why is that?

They've got the mean to withdraw within themselves quickly, build barriers, most citizens have military training and when your back's to an ocean and you can't run, you fight tooth and nail.

Zombie horde doesn't have a chance against those wacky Jews.

They've got the mean to withdraw within themselves quickly, build barriers, most citizens have military training and when your back's to an ocean and you can't run, you fight tooth and nail.

Zombie horde doesn't have a chance against those wacky Jews. What if it's zombie jesus coming back for revenge?

RocasAtoll

Zombie horde doesn't have a chance against those wacky Jews.
But you have to watch out for the Jewish Civil War that will inevitably happen. It's safer to go to Cuba.

Parmaniac
About what kind of Zombies are we talking here? Classic Zombies (Undead) or the new infected ones that can run?

Robtard
The jewtremist won't be a problem for the IDF, sure they'll be bloodshed, but that's second-nature in Israel.

True, but it's filled with Cubans.

Robtard
About what kind of Zombies are we talking here? Classic Zombies (Undead) or the new infected ones that can run?

Undead or course. That infected runners shit is pure BS.

amnesia
Agreed, they are ****ing corpses

RocasAtoll
The jewtremist won't be a problem for the IDF, sure they'll be bloodshed, but that's second-nature in Israel.

True, but it's filled with Cubans.
Touche. The rest of the Caribbean islands aren't a problem. No Jew Terrorists. Or Cubans.

Lord Lucien
They've got the mean to withdraw within themselves quickly, build barriers, most citizens have military training and when your back's to an ocean and you can't run, you fight tooth and nail. Wouldn't Switzerland also be kinda safe? All that military training and mountain view.

Robtard
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Wouldn't Switzerland also be kinda safe? All that military training and mountain view.

Hmmm, the Plateau and the cold would help, as zombies can't easily traverse rocky/mountainous areas and they easily freeze. But there would be German, Italian, French and Austrian zombies potentially coming from most angles. Land-locked also means there's no option for a last ditch boat escape.

All in all, I'd say it'd be a decent to good place to make a stand, especially if you're prepared for the cold and have some survival knowledge.

Kaibs
I dunno. If you're busy fighting zombies you want to eliminate as many adding elements as possible. I'd probably choose to fight them in a place like Japan or something. The Japs at least have robots you could use to help you.

Lord Lucien
True, but Japanese Zombies are awful. Second or third worst next to Nazi Zombies and Rage Zombies.

amnesia
Japan got gundams, it would ruin the fun.

Lord Lucien
Strike Zombie, launching!

majid86
Let them kill each other.

Kaibs
Killing Nazi zombies would be the ultimate fun though. The Jap zombies you gotta just be smart around you know? Set your robots up accordingly and take sniper positions you'll be fine. Plus the food you'll have to survive on is healthy too. So it works out pretty good.

santeuil
Originally posted by 753
USA has never actually sent troops to fight in the israeli wars, their support is financial and political.

The UN as a whole would not intervene on Israel's behalf. The wsc is unlikely to get anything out on the matter, other than calls for peace and an end to hostilities.
so, never?

so, never? If by support you mean the usual allowance, than yes, they'll suport it. I was replying to the claim that the USA would intervene militarilly in Israel's behalf in case it attacks Iran on its own and the situation goes south. It probably won't.

Omega Vision
The only time that American troops ever directly supported Israel was in the Persian Gulf War when American Patriot missiles were deployed to defend Israel from Saddam's Scuds because it was felt that if Israel itself acted against them it might erode the already shaky alliance between Arab nations and America if Israel got involved. It was A-okay if a bunch of Arabs joined America in ousting the hated Saddam from Kuwait but another thing entirely to fight alongside Israel against another Arab nation.

America won't start a war with Iran or aid Israel in a war against Iran, at least not until Afghanistan and Iraq are secured which could take another 10 years. Because right now American troops are spread too thin as it is.

lil bitchiness
Assuming that Ahmedinajad is wanting to have nuclear weapons as a final step from nuclear energy, his actions are not that crazy at all. In fact, I'd argue I would be doing the same thing were I in his shoes.

If we put ourselves in Iran's position, wherever they look, they see American forces. They are surrounded by them. And history tells that where there are American troops there is war - if there isn't one going on, there will be.

NATO in Afghanistan, coalition in Iraq, in Kuwait, in Oman, UAE, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Turkey...

And knowing that Bush Administration sat there in the White house and UN and lied to their people and the world to go to war with Iraq over nothing, it is no wonder that such makes Iran nervous.

If America goes to war with Iran, there won't be anyone else going in with it except Israel and it will spell the end of America.
I doubt the Chinese and the Russians would be too upset...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.