New Back To The Future Games

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/09/new-back-to-the-future-games-nab-original-film-talent/

§P0oONY
Point and click Back to the Future... I like... hmm

MadMel
Epic Sauce!!

That is all. stick out tongue

FistOfThe North
hm. not bad.

i'll be watching this closely.

jinXed by JaNx
Sounds great but who the hell wants to play a point and click Back to the Future?

§P0oONY

FistOfThe North
i hope they don't make it gostbusteresque cause that game sucked. yeah we get the nostalgia thing, fine, but just because we loved the movies doesn't mean we'll take whatever you throw at us thinking it won't matter cause we love the movies.

over years past batman learned it's lesson in the form of low sales and harsh criticism across the board with their video games. they learned and made arkham asylum. back to the future makers, please follow suit. the series as a game has so much potential.

RE: Blaxican
I can't for the life of me think of what would be involved in the game. There's nothing I can think of within the BttF movies that I think would work well in a game.

Kazenji
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
i hope they don't make it gostbusteresque cause that game sucked. .

Maybe for you..

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I can't for the life of me think of what would be involved in the game. There's nothing I can think of within the BttF movies that I think would work well in a game.

Possibly time travel??

after all they did use that in Day Of The Tentacle.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
i hope they don't make it gostbusteresque cause that game sucked. yeah we get the nostalgia thing, fine, but just because we loved the movies doesn't mean we'll take whatever you throw at us thinking it won't matter cause we love the movies.

over years past batman learned it's lesson in the form of low sales and harsh criticism across the board with their video games. they learned and made arkham asylum. back to the future makers, please follow suit. the series as a game has so much potential.

You're insane. Ghostbusters was a great game. Unless you're talking about the old ones.

I don't know what the gameplay will be like in this game but making a point and click wouldn't make any sense to me. The movies were action adventures. Point and click games suck...,that's why they rarely make them anymore roll eyes (sarcastic)

MadMel
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Point and click games suck...,that's why they rarely make them anymore roll eyes (sarcastic)
Horsesh*t! stick out tongue

Point and click games are still some of the best games around.
Moneky Island
King's quest
Myst
etc.
All fantastic series' which I would place above any CallofHaloGears rubbish. erm

And contrary to your belief, they still make plenty of them.

jinXed by JaNx
Aren't those all old games? stick out tongue

and no, Point and click games shouldn't even be considered games. They are like, interactive books.

Either way, the Point and click genre is a very very small niche. Why would you take a widely popular movie and combine it with a very small niche? That just doesn't make sense.

MadMel
That's how it used to work.
You take a popular movie franchise, say, Indiana Jones, and turn it into a point and click game. stick out tongue

'Interactive book' can be used to describe any game. erm

Kazenji
Point and click genre use to be just as big as FPS back in the day

but its still around the gameplay system thats used in those games (ignoring the episodic stuff) in other games.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by MadMel
That's how it used to work.
You take a popular movie franchise, say, Indiana Jones, and turn it into a point and click game. stick out tongue

'Interactive book' can be used to describe any game. erm

exactly! The only people who remember those games are the small group of people that actually enjoy point and click games.

I wouldn't describe Modern Warfare as an interactive book stick out tongue

XanatosForever
Every game is a point and click adventure. It's just the pointing and clicking mechanisms have changed over the years. Honestly, people.

§P0oONY
ScummVM drool

Point and Click adventure games rule.

MadMel
LOOM FTW!

If you people don't know what I'm talking about you aren't point and click adventure fans at all. schmoll

Kazenji
I know of it but have'nt played it.

MadMel
Good enough I guess.
jk. wink
Its been re-released on steam if you're interested.
It's quite possibly my favourite game of all time - The very first computer game I played. smile

Kazenji
As part of a promotion for the games

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/09/yep-an-ewok-in-a-delorean/

Kazenji
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/10/get-the-first-episode-of-back-to-the-future-free/

Kazenji
Debut trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-back-to-the/708066

Phoenix3068
Wow, tripple post much?

Dark Exile
Ah, the "Old-School" adventure game returns. I guess there are so many haters out there because these sort of games have story, most gamers today can't handle it. Cant wait for their Jurassic Park game too.

MadMel
I agree. There's just no room in the head of the average FPS fanboy to appreciate an old school p&c adventure. stick out tongue
All they want to do is blow sh*t up - again- in the latest 'Generic Shooter no. 5,000,000.'

I'm quite looking forward to this. big grin

Kazenji
Originally posted by Phoenix3068
Wow, tripple post much?

Not my problem if people don't wish to post...

itsjustaar
as far as i'm concerned - ANYTHING is better than LJN's movie-to-games conversions. the flying birds, running hamburgers, and blue-haired punk rocker Biff Tannens floating in the sky no matter what era one was in - in the original parts II/III game.

Kazenji
LJN?

jinXed by JaNx
well, at least LJN games werent point and click

Kazenji
Now i now what LJN is its the curse of death, as the Angry Video Game Nerd said ""At the end of the rainbow there's never any gold to be found, only crap,"

and nothing wrong with point and click.

jinXed by JaNx
yes there is, Point and Click games are a boring and dying breed. I look at Point and click games as lazy cheap alternatives for developers that don't know how to properly make a a fully interactive game. P/C games are interactive books, not games. Sorry, i just really loathe them.

Kazenji
Has'nt got anything to do with the fact that you have to actually use your brain to think?

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Kazenji
Has'nt got anything to do with the fact that you have to actually use your brain to think?

Maybe embarrasment

no, I just think they're incredibly boring and monotonous. I enjoy puzzle games but not ones that move at a snails pace. The biggest issue i have with them is the fact that i feel as though i have no control in what happens. I'm simply pointing and clicking until i trigger the right pattern. Of course all games have predetermined paths that you must follow but the best one's make you feel as though you're influencing the path you choose.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.