Omega Mutants vs. JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Apocalypse
Magneto
Vulcan
Iceman
Nate Grey

Vs.

Superman
WW
MM
Flash
Captain Marvel

Who wins?

dmills
Magneto ain't omega

Lord_Talron
stop putting flash in these threads, he solos

Originally posted by Lord_Talron
stop putting flash in these threads, he solos nope, they have nate grey.

Originally posted by dmills
Magneto ain't omega of that list only iceman and grey have been confimred as omegas

The Nuul
Apocalypse is def not a OM.

Originally posted by 753
of that list only iceman and grey have been confimred as omegas

Lunacyde
Originally posted by 753
nope, they have nate grey.

You are kidding right? How does a telepath/telekinetic fight someone who's normal operating speed is faster than the speed of thought?

Mindset
Originally posted by Lunacyde
You are kidding right? How does a telepath/telekinetic fight someone who's normal operating speed is faster than the speed of thought? Speed of thought is not constant in comics.

It has been shown to be slower than light, instantaneous, and speeds in between.

Also, his genetic twin was able to fight someone who moved at lightspeeds. He may have as well, I can't remember.

Lord_Talron
flash's topspeeds are probably > surfers'

Mindset
And if they are?

Originally posted by Lunacyde
You are kidding right? How does a telepath/telekinetic fight someone who's normal operating speed is faster than the speed of thought? Faster than the speed of thought of regular humans sure, might not be faster than SNG's speed of thought. Cable did fine fighting the SS at superspeeds.

Anyway, he's not really tangible as his body is made of a quasi-solid weird 'matter' he made out of psionic energy himself. He can interact with physical objects or just let them pass trhough him. He is a precog, can teleport and can step outside of the timeline itself to reenter at will.

I think this might go either way.

"Id"

the ninjak
5 Omegas would beat these 5 JLA.

Just not this team of mutants.

Decimus

Decimus
^*indestructible*

Originally posted by Decimus
prove shaman can operate his thought on the level of superman or flash. JLA wins u need the likes of mad Jim jaspers or some mutant who is basically "indestrible" to begin with. lol no

SNG is a psionic energy being who is intangible by default and impervious to mundane physical harm. he is a precog, can step out of the timeline and reenter it at will. he can teleport, has TK shields and AoE attacks. he can beat flash

MJJ would simply rape the whole JLA

KingD19
Apocalypse and Magneto are both Alphas. Alphas at the top of that tier absolutely, but still Alpha's nonetheless. The rest are Omega though.

And the mutants win.

other than omega, which is official, the rest of the classifications are nonsense and were never defined in the comics. mags might be an omega, but since he was never confirmed as such, we cant claim that he is.

KingD19
They were defined. I'm pretty sure Apocalypse has spoken of the classifcation system at least once, and Jubilee did a report that Emma hated and Cylcops commented on the accuracy of.

Originally posted by KingD19
They were defined. I'm pretty sure Apocalypse has spoken of the classifcation system at least once, and Jubilee did a report that Emma hated and Cylcops commented on the accuracy of. in the AoA alpha mutants were mentioned as the strongest, but werent defined. jubilee's "system" was about looks and whether a mutant can deactivate his powers or if they're always activated, nbot really about power level. besides, her guesses arent really recognized as classes, unlike omega level

KingD19
I know Omega was the only one with a clear power level(or lack thereof), but the others were defined at least to an extent, that's my point.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by 753
of that list only iceman and grey have been confimred as omegas

my assumption was that the op (with lack of description) meant that the five mutants were all at omega levels in this fight

KingD19
I think the starter just assumed them all to be Omegas. And if all of them were....that's just bad for the JLA.

Oh and Vulcan is somewhere between Omega...and beyond Omega after losing the powers of Sway, Darwin, and Petra.

Decimus
Originally posted by 753
lol no

SNG is a psionic energy being who is intangible by default and impervious to mundane physical harm. he is a precog, can step out of the timeline and reenter it at will. he can teleport, has TK shields and AoE attacks. he can beat flash

MJJ would simply rape the whole JLA
He isn't intangible by default and no he isn't a being of pure energy yet at least. He may be faster than most but his speed is no where near comparable to Supes or Flash. Let's say Nate can actually think faster than superman or flash - do u really think he can react as fast as them even with precog which cannot help because he has never shown to _react FTL. Plus surfer is not as fast as the superman and flash but he has durability that is far beyond SNG which would not be able to take blows to mount a proper defense with out to shields raised and that was never specified by the originator of this tread. I'm out I'll come back to your response later I expect it to be smug as per usual. _

He isn't intangible by default and no he isn't a being of pure energy yet at least. He may be faster than most but his speed is no where near comparable to Supes or Flash. Let's say Nate can actually think faster than superman or flash - do u really think he can react as fast as them even with precog which cannot help because he has never shown to _react FTL. Plus surfer is not as fast as the superman and flash but he has durability that is far beyond SNG which would not be able to take blows to mount a proper defense with out to shields raised and that was never specified by the originator of this tread. I'm out I'll come back to your response later I expect it to be smug as per usual. _ yes he is intangible by default and made of energy. even if that fauz matter body he made to interact with the world is desintegrated, he will survive as an incorporeal psionic being, which he has already done: after desintegrating his body, he simply mindraped and possessed norman osbourne. it's all in dark x-men.

furthermore, he doesnt have to think faster than flash or sm, he knows the future in advance and can leave the timeline to come back to a moment and place he desires.

this combiantion of factors are already enough to counter the blitz. it's funny because you are the smug one and ignorant of the character too.

Decimus
I'm not ignorant of the character see that's the problem u are ignorant of what biochemistry and physics are at play buddy. The character SNG is an uber mutant with inferior durability and speed but is extremely powerful nonetheless. How could Nate possibly know the future if he is place instantly in neutral zone plus even hypothetically if he attempts to slip out of the time stream somehow since his thoughts are obviously simply so much faster that supes and flash to u... Hey can't flash follow him and vibrate his hand right through him or just hit him with one imp. Last time I checked Nate can also be ko'ed without being killed I mean he is far from infallible & unbeatable. _The speed of thought amongst psychics is just so inconsistent when up against FTL speed. If he is destroyed for some time that will still count as a loss. _Nate and the rest of his team loses- true story dude.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Apocalypse
Magneto
Vulcan
Iceman
Nate Grey

Vs.

Superman
WW
MM
Flash
Captain Marvel

Who wins?
apoc and magneto are not omega level mutants. Also I dont believe vulcan is either. He was believed to be on becuase darwin morphed with him. However I dont recall him ever being stated as omega level being after that.

I'm not ignorant of the character see that's the problem u are ignorant of what biochemistry and physics are at play buddy. The character SNG is an uber mutant with inferior durability and speed but is extremely powerful nonetheless. How could Nate possibly know the future if he is place instantly in neutral zone plus even hypothetically if he attempts to slip out of the time stream somehow since his thoughts are obviously simply so much faster that supes and flash to u... Hey can't flash follow him and vibrate his hand right through him or just hit him with one imp. Last time I checked Nate can also be ko'ed without being killed I mean he is far from infallible & unbeatable. _The speed of thought amongst psychics is just so inconsistent when up against FTL speed. If he is destroyed for some time that will still count as a loss. _Nate and the rest of his team loses- true story dude. enlighten me on the biochemistry and physics at play here please. SNG didnt even have a body until he amde one.

I never claimed he thinks faster than they do, you made that up, nice strawman. I said he can counter the blitz through a variety of ways and that we cannot truly precise how fast they think in comparison to him.

indeed, he is not infallible. a lot of charatcer can defeat him, the safest aveneus of attack would be magic, high energy manipulation, reality warping (even very low level would do) or an even more powerfull telepath. direct physical attacks are much less effective.

some of their more exotic attacks might secure them the win, but I wouldnt give either of them a majority against him.

flash can run between dimension so he might be able to follow him, although timetravelling is a bit trickier. vibrating might accomplish something, but the IMP is unlikley to yeld results.

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
apoc and magneto are not omega level mutants. Also I dont believe vulcan is either. He was believed to be on becuase darwin morphed with him. However I dont recall him ever being stated as omega level being after that. hes omega. when darwin was merged to him he was stated to be beyond omega

Mindset
I'm not ignorant of the character see that's the problem u are ignorant of what biochemistry and physics are at play buddy. laughing out loud

carver9
The mutants wins and if anyone of the mutants is omega level it should be Magneto based off of talent and power alone.

"Id"
Originally posted by 753
hes omega. when darwin was merged to him he was stated to be beyond omega

That the writer admitted he fu@ked up. There is nothing higher than being classified Omega. Not unless the mutants digivolve to the ultimate level.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by 753
hes omega. when darwin was merged to him he was stated to be beyond omega
I dont think so. Only time he was stated as Omega officially was the first issue he was in to my knowledge. They thought it was Proffessor x, but it was a trap set by vulcan. Vulcan said he was beyond omega, but that far from official thats just he bragging.

Originally posted by carver9
The mutants wins and if anyone of the mutants is omega level it should be Magneto based off of talent and power alone. omega is about potential, not power level. SNG is still stronger than him I'd wager

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by carver9
The mutants wins and if anyone of the mutants is omega level it should be Magneto based off of talent and power alone.
except he been confirmed as alpha. He is not omega in the least.

I dont think so. Only time he was stated as Omega officially was the first issue he was in to my knowledge. They thought it was Proffessor x, but it was a trap set by vulcan. Vulcan said he was beyond omega, but that far from official thats just he bragging. IIRC emma said: omega level at least. still, I dont think his status was lowered after darwin was separated from him. wwhat ifs treat him as omega too, I know theyre noto canon, just giving an indication of writer mentality

Originally posted by "Id"
That the writer admitted he fu@ked up. There is nothing higher than being classified Omega. Not unless the mutants digivolve to the ultimate level. yeah, omega is just limitless potential, but it made sense, considering darwin was in there too.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by 753
IIRC emma said: omega level at least. still, I dont think his status was lowered after darwin was separated from him. wwhat ifs treat him as omega too, I know theyre noto canon, just giving an indication of writer mentality
She may have, I dont remember everything, it been a while since I read the arc.

That is true, I not sure if it was lowered. However dident he drop in power?

What if there both treated as omega? is that what you mean? Thats interesting. Then while they were merged then be beyond simply omega. Though I not sure darwin is omega (he should be, but I remember there was a thread were it was being argued he wasent)

"Id"

She may have, I dont remember everything, it been a while since I read the arc.

That is true, I not sure if it was lowered. However dident he drop in power?

What if there both treated as omega? is that what you mean? Thats interesting. Then while they were merged then be beyond simply omega. Though I not sure darwin is omega (he should be, but I remember there was a thread were it was being argued he wasent) yeah I think they're both omega, in fact, darwin is for sure, people kept refering to him that way. vulcan did drop down in power after the split, but it think he was omega to begin with.

current darwin just kicked the shit out of hella, the death godess.

Decimus
Originally posted by 753
enlighten me on the biochemistry and physics at play here please. SNG didnt even have a body until he amde one.

I never claimed he thinks faster than they do, you made that up, nice strawman. I said he can counter the blitz through a variety of ways and that we cannot truly precise how fast they think in comparison to him.

indeed, he is not infallible. a lot of charatcer can defeat him, the safest aveneus of attack would be magic, high energy manipulation, reality warping (even very low level would do) or an even more powerfull telepath. direct physical attacks are much less effective.

some of their more exotic attacks might secure them the win, but I wouldnt give either of them a majority against him.

flash can run between dimension so he might be able to follow him, although timetravelling is a bit trickier. vibrating might accomplish something, but the IMP is unlikley to yeld results.
Sure I will enlighten u but hey u mind answering me can Nate not be KOed and be incapicitated that way like I wrote in my previous post. Since obviously fists that cannot be perceived by Nate cannot possibly damage him. So u believe SNG with Iceman which is what this comes to can beat the JLA team listed. My argument is strong and valid u should know that.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by 753
yeah I think they're both omega, in fact, darwin is for sure, people kept refering to him that way. vulcan did drop down in power after the split, but it think he was omega to begin with.

current darwin just kicked the shit out of hella, the death godess.
Yea I figured darwin was omega.

I don't think vulcan is omega to be honest. The summer brothers have this kinda equality about them. I really think he just an alpha like his brothers. He just a powerful alpha.

Decimus
Flash can't time travel smh-just by going FTL u time travel.

Sure I will enlighten u but hey u mind answering me can Nate not be KOed and be incapicitated that way like I wrote in my previous post. Since obviously fists that cannot be perceived by Nate cannot possibly damage him. So u believe SNG with Iceman which is what this comes to can beat the JLA team listed. My argument is strong and valid u should know that. like I said, vibrating to atempt to disperse his energy, speedsteal and such exotic attacks might KO/disperse/incapacitate him. Still, I dont think either SM or flash can get majorities from him on their own.

this fight could go either way.
if you go back to my first post, I was arguing flash cant solo the mutants because SNG can counter the blitz. Iceman can also survive it on his own.

Now, the JLA certainly has the speed advantage, so if they blitz right off the bat that would take almost everyone in team mutant out instantly. but considering they fight in charatcer, this is less likely. magneto and vulcan will have time to raise force-fields.

below SNG, magneto and vulcan are the biggest threats btw, not iceman. even poccy would do better than iceman.

TricksterPriest
Apocalypse
Magneto
Vulcan
Iceman
Nate Grey

Vs.

Superman
WW
MM
Flash
Captain Marvel

This looks like another mismatch. And yes, Flash could indeed solo. MM is a stronger TP than Xman. None of them can face Superman or Marvel straight up. Iceman might have to be BFRed, or tied down with the lasso, but he's no threat.

I can't see any scenario where the omegas actually win. They're just outclassed. sad

Mindset
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Apocalypse
Magneto
Vulcan
Iceman
Nate Grey

Vs.

Superman
WW
MM
Flash
Captain Marvel

This looks like another mismatch. And yes, Flash could indeed solo. MM is a stronger TP than Xman. None of them can face Superman or Marvel straight up. Iceman might have to be BFRed, or tied down with the lasso, but he's no threat.

I can't see any scenario where the omegas actually win. They're just outclassed. sad http://i55.tinypic.com/174jnk.gif

inimalist
Originally posted by 753
he can beat flash

considering with CIS flash rarely uses his top speed to blitz enemies, it is an even greater stomp for mr. Grey

inimalist
Flash can't time travel smh-just by going FTL u time travel.

ummmm, not in comics....

iceman24567
Yea I figured darwin was omega.

I don't think vulcan is omega to be honest. The summer brothers have this kinda equality about them. I really think he just an alpha like his brothers. He just a powerful alpha. Well Vulcans ability to manipulate just about all forms of energy is suppose to be why hes omega which I dont agree with either

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by iceman24567
Well Vulcans ability to manipulate just about all forms of energy is suppose to be why hes omega which I dont agree with either
Yea which makes little sense why that make him omega. His brother has pretty much unlimited power source but is still very much alpha.

Does anyone actaully have scans of vulcan being stated as omega level mutant? and i mean just vulcan.

inimalist
u are ignorant of what biochemistry and physics are at play buddy.

I facepalmed that for you 753

Decimus
So if Nate Grey is knocked unconscious what would happen- not killed. Knocked out would probably be easier. Plus it was my understanding that the characters fight to their max potential without CIS if CIS is ON then I'm sorry and admit the omega team has a much better chance of winning. Again in character means that the team that has a majority of heroes on it would hold back more and this is spite in favor of the omegas team due to Nate having time. Again time is the factor since how the teams perceive it and act accordingly are different. If the omega team has time to not be overcome with the speed disparity then they have the advantage due to Nates power set.

Juk3n
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

This looks like another mismatch. MM is a stronger TP than Xman. just outclassed. sad

comicvine insane

Decimus
Originally posted by inimalist
I facepalmed that for you 753

Literally the flash and superman can live at the very least days of time in one sec and that's being nice. Light travels one foot per nano sec and both superman and flash can exceed this at will when they want to. First of all Flash doesn't seem to build lactic acid and if he does it is not noticeable since the speed force negates friction from the equation so work basically becomes viewed as negligible to in relation to him so it seems he can do what he does theoretically indefinitely. There is no m(v); v > c, m = ∞ to worry about when it comes to the Flash unless he wants it applied i.e. imp. _Superman while affected by friction still does compete with the Flash to some extent which shows how ridiculous his molecular density and cellular shielding is. He either has something equivalent to mitochondria that works in either the upper dimensions or on a level that is going towards strings. These are the two most likely possibilities considering Clarke's non need for anything really other that G V class radiation. _This is by far the most fascinating thing that allows him to store energy and continuously absorb more and more radiation and convert it into compounds similar to ATP that his body can use to readily gain incredible speed and strength in times of extreme physical or mental stress. _It also has been speculated that he warps or controls gravitons to fly and negate mass (also tactilekinesis to avoid objects collapsing under there own weight) that he has transferred to him via things like lets say a planet. Tanking the friction would also lighten part of what is involved in a lifting,punching and speed feats. _In relative terms for his size superman is on par with a relatively small singularity but his destructive output in bursts over time seems to exceed even that. Superman definitely has connections to string theory (the higher dimension control of various attributes) as well as some and inferential info tying into M theory. Which makes sense because the Kryptonians were extremely advanced and _they would either genetically augment themselves or use their tech to maximize their survival of a possible universal end. Superman is a prime example of that convoluted science at play in his very being. Things that are currently found were actually found long ago and placed into the kryptonian species before their untimely demise. The Flash defies physics and Superman is beyond even a moderate understanding of all conventional physics and biochemistry but we can still generate a picture that is more accurate than not when comparing characters nevertheless. Superman doesn't have the speed force so he should actually turn into a black hole before ever reaching light speed due to his energy being converted into mass. (Yet it doesn't happen) Then u have Nate Grey trying to tie Planck time or length in his power set when he is not the product of an extremely advanced (at least class II) civilization just AoA Sinister is just funny. Anyway I digress if Nate has time he can win but he won't if the opposing team is in to win without holding back.

Mindset
tl;dr

Flash can't time travel smh-just by going FTL u time travel. lol, not in comics (or real life) flash and SS move ftl all the time and dont end up in the future or the past. and it is obvious that rravelling to another universe/timeline is harder than visiting another dimension. how many times has flash time-travelled on his own btw?

Decimus
I activate facepalm with people making caricatures of other people who actually know something.

I facepalmed that for you 753 thanks big grin

inimalist
Literally the flash and superman can live at the very least days of time in one sec and that's being nice. Light travels one foot per nano sec and both superman and flash can exceed this at will when they want to. First of all Flash doesn't seem to build lactic acid and if he does it is not noticeable since the speed force negates friction from the equation so work basically becomes viewed as negligible to in relation to him so it seems he can do what he does theoretically indefinitely. There is no m(v); v > c, m = ∞ to worry about when it comes to the Flash unless he wants it applied i.e. imp. _Superman while affected by friction still does compete with the Flash to some extent which shows how ridiculous his molecular density and cellular shielding is. He either has something equivalent to mitochondria that works in either the upper dimensions or on a level that is going towards strings. These are the two most likely possibilities considering Clarke's non need for anything really other that G V class radiation. _This is by far the most fascinating thing that allows him to store energy and continuously absorb more and more radiation and convert it into compounds similar to ATP that his body can use to readily gain incredible speed and strength in times of extreme physical or mental stress. _It also has been speculated that he warps or controls gravitons to fly and negate mass (also tactilekinesis to avoid objects collapsing under there own weight) that he has transferred to him via things like lets say a planet. Tanking the friction would also lighten part of what is involved in a lifting,punching and speed feats. _In relative terms for his size superman is on par with a relatively small singularity but his destructive output in bursts over time seems to exceed even that. Superman definitely has connections to string theory (the higher dimension control of various attributes) as well as some and inferential info tying into M theory. Which makes sense because the Kryptonians were extremely advanced and _they would either genetically augment themselves or use their tech to maximize their survival of a possible universal end. Superman is a prime example of that convoluted science at play in his very being. Things that are currently found were actually found long ago and placed into the kryptonian species before their untimely demise. The Flash defies physics and Superman is beyond even a moderate understanding of all conventional physics and biochemistry but we can still generate a picture that is more accurate than not when comparing characters nevertheless. Superman doesn't have the speed force so he should actually turn into a black hole before ever reaching light speed due to his energy being converted into mass. (Yet it doesn't happen) Then u have Nate Grey trying to tie Planck time or length in his power set when he is not the product of an extremely advanced (at least class II) civilization just AoA Sinister is just funny. Anyway I digress if Nate has time he can win but he won't if the opposing team is in to win without holding back.

radiation also doesn't give you spider powers...

/the more you know

I activate facepalm with people making caricatures of other people who actually know something.

yes, this is good

you should BZ 753 about biology big grin

Decimus
Originally posted by 753
lol, not in comics (or real life) flash and SS move ftl all the time and dont end up in the future or the past. and it is obvious that rravelling to another universe/timeline is harder than visiting another dimension. how many times has flash time-travelled on his own btw?

Well u have a point but there are a couple things id like to point out. When surfer or anybody travels light years in a few minutes or less than a day they are time traveling _but writers either don't know or care enough for them to weave their stories around this concept or they don't know the implications of the concept. So whenever FTL travel is involved it is PIS when no time travel takes place. That what happens because consistency is the ultimate measuring stick so FTL is diluted for the story's sake. I don't believe concepts like faster than light travel would be introduced without the thought being taken to it's logical conclusion even by semi-competent writers. As for real life what ever rules cannot be broken can be bent. FTL travel will be possible it just is a question of imagination and creativity as well as time.

Decimus
radiation also doesn't give you spider powers...

/the more you know

yes, this is good

you should BZ 753 about biology big grin [/

I much rather with physics since I majored in astro physics

TricksterPriest
I know for a fact that Flashes can travel using the cosmic treadmill. And I think Barry has been able to do it on his own, and so has Wally when he outran the Black Flash.

Yeah, I hear where you are coming from. It doesn't make sense. But it's a price we pay for reading comics. Sometimes you just have to ignore the plot holes. srug

Uriel005
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
flash's topspeeds are probably > surfers' no if and or but about it depending on the flash. Anyone with speedforce barrier break has far better combat speed.

dude, seriously...

1. look at the size of that post

2. all comic book charatcers violate physics (hulk and wolverine have regenerated from skeletons in seconds, that's mass conservation for you) and atempting to tie them to real world physics is completely futile. writers and most readers dont give a **** because comics are fantasy. you're going on a speculative rampage to make sense out of their powersets. just accept them.

3. the flash does not produce lactic acid, but the lack of atriction would not make acid lactic production irrelevant as contracting his muscles to move his own mass arround would already produce it and so they could lock up because of it just the same. his stamina would not become infinite because of a lack of atriction either - incidentally his stamina is infinite because the speedforce sustains him - but most importantly, none of this real world crap matters, because comics aren't about reality

4. you are making too much shit up to explain their powers. SM's powers are an accident. kryptonians living under their red sun and dying like morons for ingnoring jor-el didnt even know they'd gain superpowers if exposed to yellow sunlight. SM is not the product of an imaginary eugenics program to create super beings. there was no such program

5. lol at their class 2 civilization tech vs mr sinister because:

a) mutants were created by the genetic engineering of the celestials (you know, the space gods to whom kryptonians are microbes) to become abstratc level beings. MS just realized the power an offspring of the summers and grey bloodlines would have and then collected their genetic material and grew the brat in a vat. he didn't engineer him.

b) the most powerfull mutants like the scarlet witch are reality warpers that can destroy and recreate the entire omniverse with a thought. wrap some physics arround that.

KingD19
Burn.

TricksterPriest
Regarding Superman's powers: his heart is basically a nuclear reactor that uses sunlight or basically starlight itself, as a catalyst to supply him with energy.

And Sinister gets way too much credit for his genetic engineering. As stated, Nate Grey was a result of his observing the power of two bloodlines and crossing them. He got his start on genetics thanks to the High Evolutionary. And later, via Apocalypse. Whose technology he stole after trying to kill Apoc with a techno-organic virus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.