Animal cruelty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Parmaniac
Just saw this on the news

http://www.wpix.com/wpix-girl-puppies-river,0,283891.story

unbelievable...

Now hundreds of people are trying to find out who that is.

Robtard
Guarantee you someone out there has or is masturbating to this.

Girls looks like she could be hot, too bad she's ****ed up in the head.

amnesia
I think i would break her legs and throw her off a bridge, seems like a suitable punishment.

Quiero Mota
I guess Sarajevo doesn't have any drop-boxes for unwanted pets/babies.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I guess Sarajevo doesn't have any drop-boxes for unwanted pets/babies. That's a joke right?

RE: Blaxican
****ed up. But whatever. It's not like puppies are an endangered species.

chomperx9
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
****ed up. But whatever. It's not like puppies are an endangered species. babies arent an endangered species as well. does that mean its ok to abuse them ?

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Parmaniac
That's a joke right?

Not really. Maybe she felt she had no where to turn them. And turning puppies loose in the woods is as good as a death sentence anyways.

Originally posted by chomperx9
babies arent an endangered species as well. does that mean its ok to abuse them ?

Do you think dogs give a shit about babies who get abused. smile

edit- But seriously, I'm not sure where you got the idea that I said it's okay to abuse puppies. Try not to say dumb things.

Parmaniac
Not really. Maybe she felt she had no where to turn them. And turning puppies loose in the woods is as good as a death sentence anyways. She was laughing in the vid and enjoying throwing the poor things, just look HOW she throws them. She could just gave them away or anything and even if she had to kill them there would definately better ways doing so.

Parmaniac
ut whatever. It's not like puppies are an endangered species.
Try not to say dumb things. Irony

Irony Do you know what "irony" is?

Bardock42
What were you trying to say about endangered species, blax?

BackFire
I read that members of 4chan have already pretty much figured out who this is and have been harassing the hell out of her. This was a couple of days ago, maybe something's changed.

Originally posted by Bardock42
What were you trying to say about endangered species, blax?

6 puppies being thrown into a river really doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. It's not like dogs are so rare that any fatalities threatens their population on the Earth. So, I don't really understand why people make a big deal about things like this. Sure, if I was walking down the street and saw some punk kids messing with a stray or something, I might tell them to **** off, or I might call the police, but I'm not going to go home afterwards and start crying manly tears or silently wish for all of the punk kids to be killed. "omg that girl should have her legs chopped off and thrown into a river! Ha!" Why? Did she really do anything of paramount importance?

Knee jerking of any kind is a pet peeve to me.

chomperx9
Do you think dogs give a shit about babies who get abused. smile

yes dogs jump on you and they respond when there is violent action going on. guessing youve never owned a dog.

listen to your own words

BackFire
6 puppies being thrown into a river really doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. It's not like dogs are so rare that any fatalities threatens their population on the Earth. So, I don't really understand why people make a big deal about things like this. Sure, if I was walking down the street and saw some punk kids messing with a stray or something, I might tell them to **** off, or I might call the police, but I'm not going to go home afterwards and start crying manly tears or silently wish for all of the punk kids to be killed. "omg that girl should have her legs chopped off and thrown into a river! Ha!" Why? Did she really do anything of paramount importance?

Extraordinarily poor reasoning there. You could say the same thing about a murderer. The scope isn't what's important, but the act itself. It shows cruelty and malice and probable insanity and so the girl must be found or else it stands to reason that she may hurt/kill more animals or eventually people.

Originally posted by BackFire
Extraordinarily poor reasoning there. You could say the same thing about a murderer.

In fact I do. I don't care when people die, unless I know them personally. There's almost 7 billion of us. I don't feel sadness or anger when some joe blow gets run over by a street car and it's shown on the news. Do you?

And, by the way, you're discussing morality with me right now. You know as well as I do that that's not a topic that "should" and "reasoning" have any place in.

That's poor reasoning. No one has any idea why she did it or what circumstances were behind her doing it. Throwing puppies in a river, in and of itself, is hardly a diagnostic of one's personality. Certainly not something that by itself is worthy of being killed or thrown off a cliff or some shit.

Robtard
Blax,

Seems like your argument is "since dogs aren't an endangered species, it's alright to kill/abuse them cruelly." Odd, that.

What's odd is that you would come to that conclusion at all, considering I specifically said that if I came across someone abusing an animal I might try to stop them. C'mon man. Don't make me repeat myself.

BackFire
In fact I do. I don't care when people die, unless I know them personally. There's almost 7 billion of us. I don't feel sadness or anger when some joe blow gets run over by a street car and it's shown on the news. Do you?

And, by the way, you're discussing morality with me right now. You know as well as I do that that's not a topic that "should" and "reasoning" have any place in.

What morality? You not caring has nothing to do with anything. Fact is, it's against the law what she did. You speaking as if it doesn't matter is irrelevant. It matters in the eye of the law.

And seeing puppies being killed in such a manner, or really in any manner, is going to cause a stir. Such should be expected, and it can be understood.

That's poor reasoning. No one has any idea why she did it or what circumstances were behind her doing it. Throwing puppies in a river, in and of itself, is hardly a diagnostic of one's personality. Certainly not something that by itself is worthy of being killed or thrown off a cliff or some shit.

I didn't say she should be killed, simply found, since she did -factually, break the law. You are attempting a very lazy straw man, there.

And I don't agree that this doesn't show that there is something off in the girls head. She's videotaping herself throwing puppies into a river. Is there a good reason to do this? Any plausible reason for doing something like this goes out the window by the simple fact that they decided to video tape themselves committing such a grim act. You don't video record yourself in such a manner when you're doing something that you feel is unpleasant.

The fact does remain that killing animals in your youth is often a sign of someone being mentally unstable and holding violent tendencies - all the more reason for her to be found.

What morality? You not caring has nothing to do with anything. Fact is, it's against the law what she did. You speaking as if it doesn't matter is irrelevant. It matters in the eye of the law.

Killing someone for throwing puppies in a river is against the law. And I really don't understand what law has to do with anything I've said so far. Stop moving the goal post. Where did I say it wasn't a legal crime to abuse animals? Point it out to me right now.

And someone thinking that such a stir being caused is stupid, is also expected, no? Since when was "That's just how it is" a meaningful response to anything?

I didn't say you did. Read what I am saying. Stop creating your own realities of what my posts are saying.

Really? According to what?

Ever? Really?

Could be. Often isn't enough, though. 'tis too ambiguous.

Robtard
One thing's for certain, never letting Blax watch my dog while on vacation.

Originally posted by Robtard
One thing's for certain, never letting Blax watch my dog while on vacation. I love dogs.

But yeah. I totally wouldn't dive in the way of a moving car if he runs into the middle of a street.

chomperx9
I love dogs.

But yeah. I totally wouldn't dive in the way of a moving car if he runs into the middle of a street. yeah but dogs are not an endangered species right ? so why not run them over

Robtard
I love dogs.

Hmm.

Originally posted by chomperx9
yeah but dogs are not an endangered species right ? so why not run them over Why not do anything?

Quiero Mota
Killing someone for throwing puppies in a river is against the law. And I really don't understand what law has to do with anything I've said so far. Stop moving the goal post. Where did I say it wasn't a legal crime to abuse animals? Point it out to me right now.

And someone thinking that such a stir being caused is stupid, is also expected, no? Since when was "That's just how it is" a meaningful response to anything?

I didn't say you did. Read what I am saying. Stop creating your own realities of what my posts are saying.

Ever? Really?

So are we discussing just the legality of the act, or the morality of her killing little puppy-dogs?

From a legal standpoint, yeah she's clearly in the wrong and still at large.

BackFire

You seem to be implying that I think it's okay for someone to kill her over this. I didn't. I simply point out that I'm speaking of illegalities because you seemed to think that I was speaking of morality, when I never did. You brought up morality, not me. I'm not interested in your morality.

Of course it's expected. Regardless it's perfectly reasonable for people to be upset over seeing such images. People like puppies, many feel towards puppies as they do towards children - that they are defenseless, sweet and wholesome, so if they see someone killing them they will react strongly to it.

So then why do you keep bringing it up in your responses to me? If you understand that I am not saying anything about causing her harm then you inherently admit that you are stating things that are irrelevant to what I have been saying, since your retort to me has now twice been about people killing her, when I never said anything having to do with causing the girl physical harm.

Logic. I'm still all ears for you or anyone to offer a plausible reason as to why someone would voluntarily video tape themselves killing puppies, and then put it on the internet, all the while hating what they are doing.

Ever? Really?

Yes. Why would someone? It makes no sense.

It is a known red flag and is enough to warrant speculation about her mental well-being.

Robtard
IIRC, many serial killers started with torturing/mutilating/killing animals before they moved up to humans.

So this chick might be another 6-pack of puppies away from drowning a child or senile senior; we can't have that.

Quiero Mota
That's right. All the famous ones did.

During sessions with the prison shrink, Jeffery Dahmer admitted that when he was 8 and 9, one of his favorite pasttimes was torturing mice and gophers with a lit match.

You seem to be implying that I think it's okay for someone to kill her over this. I didn't. I simply point out that I'm speaking of illegalities because you seemed to think that I was speaking of morality, when I never did. You brought up morality, not me. I'm not interested in your morality.

Let's get this straight right now.

You, engaged me.. I was not talking to you, but you felt the need to come in here and contest my points. Therefore, what you want to talk about, is irrelevant. Don't come in here and say that my statements are wrong, and then when I defend them you say you don't want to talk about it. That's like you stating in a post that 2+2=4, and then I come in and say that you're wrong, because it's actually the male sea horse who give birth. What the hell do sea horses have to do with 2+2 equaling four? By that same notion, what the hell does abusing animals being a crime have to do with me saying that I don't think that throwing puppies into a river is a huge deal and is worth condemning an individual as scum of the earth who's not worthy of living? That was the point that I made that you came in and said was wrong. So of course that's what I'm going to talk about.

And it's perfectly reasonable to think that people are overreacting. Okay good, life is full of opposing opinions. We agree on this.

Did she put it on the internet? Did she want it on the internet? Was she under the influence? Was she perhaps so coked out of her mind that doesn't even remember doing it? Did she think about it later and realize what a horrible thing she did and she now regrets it and cries herself to sleep every single night and considers herself to be sum of the earth? Did someone put her up to it? Pay her, maybe? Did she do it because she sucks and she thought it would be a funny thing to do and she has no regrets at all? Do you know the answer to any of these questions?

Speculate away. But as you know, in the end speculation is nothing more than speculation.

BackFire
Let's get this straight right now.

You, engaged me.. I was not talking to you, but you felt the need to come in here and contest my points. Therefore, what you want to talk about, is irrelevant. Don't come in here and say that my statements are wrong, and then when I defend them you say you don't want to talk about it. That's like you stating in a post that 2+2=4, and then I come in and say that you're wrong, because it's actually the male sea horse who give birth. What the hell do sea horses have to do with 2+2 equaling four? By that same notion, what the hell does abusing animals being a crime have to do with me saying that I don't think that throwing puppies into a river is a huge deal and is worth condemning an individual as scum of the earth who's not worthy of living? That was the point that I made that you came in and said was wrong. So of course that's what I'm going to talk about.

The point that you made, that I was rejecting based on its wrongness, was that because it isn't a world altering event, then people shouldn't get worked up. This was made clear by my initial post, when that's all I was referencing.

You specifically said you didn't understand why people are getting upset over this. And it was made more clear that you didn't understand by your fallacious attempt at trivializing something because it isn't causing a species to be wiped out.

Who engaged who is spectacularly irrelevant here. The points being made is all that matters. You made your points poorly, by arbitrarily stating that they aren't endangered species you innately implied that people shouldn't care. And then when several people called you out on said stupid point, you cowardly backtracked and said "well I didn't SAY that, now did I". Ignoring the implications of such a statement. It's a foolish and dimwitted point made very very poorly, which is why everyone's rejected it. And why you've danced around having to validate it, because you can't.

Did she put it on the internet? Did she want it on the internet? Was she under the influence? Was she perhaps so coked out of her mind that doesn't even remember doing it? Did she think about it later and realize what a horrible thing she did and she now regrets it and cries herself to sleep every single night and considers herself to be sum of the earth? Did someone put her up to it? Pay her, maybe? Did she do it because she sucks and she thought it would be a funny thing to do and she has no regrets at all? Do you know the answer to any of these questions?

Who else put it up on the internet? If she didn't want it on the internet then why did she allow it to be filmed in the first place. I see no evidence in the video of her being coked out of her mind. The most likely and logical scenario is that she is simply not right in the head, and that she had it recorded because she thought it would be cool.

Speculate away. But as you know, in the end speculation is nothing more than speculation.

Unless when it's based on a foundation prior knowledge, as this one is.

Quiero Mota
. The most likely and logical scenario is that she is simply not right in the head, and that she had it recorded because she thought it would be cool.

Uday Hussein (Saddam's oldest son) always video-taped it when he tortured someone, and then saved it later for his viewing pleasure. When US troops raided a presidential palace in 2003, they found an entire library of videos showing people being tortured.

So maybe this girl is of a similar mentality.

chomperx9
I love dogs.

But yeah. I totally wouldn't dive in the way of a moving car if he runs into the middle of a street. thats why they invented breaks

Robtard
That's right. All the famous ones did.

During sessions with the prison shrink, Jeffery Dahmer admitted that when he was 8 and 9, one of his favorite pasttimes was torturing mice and gophers with a lit match.

That's some ****ed up shit, yo.

The point that you made, that I was rejecting based on its wrongness, was that because it isn't a world altering event, then people shouldn't get worked up. This was made clear by my initial post, when that's all I was referencing.

In what way am I wrong in saying that people shouldn't get worked up over something relatively unimportant?

How is it fallacious?

You've failed horribly to even understand my point.

No I didn't. It's not my fault that you're failing miserably to understand what I'm saying. Perhaps this should be a lesson to you to simply address what has been stated, instead of trying to be some sort of super smart person who can read between the lines and shit. I don't care what you think I was implying, because you thought wrong.

I think it's funny that every time I ask you to provide "the point" in quote, you don't even do it. Do you even know what "this point" that I supposedly made, and am now supposedly back peddling from, is?

Also pretty funny that now you're not saying crap about the "legality" of it all, since you've been called out on that shit came out of nowhere. Feel free to quote the line from my posts implying that abusing animals isn't a crime, please. If you can't do that, apologize.

I don't need to validate words that are put in my mouth. Do yourself a favor and discuss what's been said, not what you think is being said. Assumptions make an ass out of you and you.

Do you think that everyone who records something wants it to be seen by everyone on the planet?

Ah, I apologize. I wasn't aware that I was talking to an expert in the field of identifying those under the influence.

Prove this.

Which you apparently have none of, considering you didn't answer half of the questions I asked, and the other half you gave "well I don't see any sign of", which doesn't really mean anything.

This is a waste of everybody's time.

Robtard
Google "correlation between animal abuse and serial killers"

This is but one of the many hits:

Ted Bundy, David Berkowitz and Jeffrey Dahmer have more in common than just being serial killers. These three murderers are also connected by the fact that each of them tortured and/or killed animals during their childhoods. "Researchers as well as FBI and other law enforcement agencies nationwide have linked animal cruelty to domestic violence, child abuse, serial killings and to the recent rash of killings by school age children", says Dr. Randall Lockwood (vice president of training and initiatives for the Humane Society of the United States.

Some children are cruel to and torture animals to impress their peers, but future serial killers usually torture animals purely for their own enjoyment. Animal abuse is a recognized sign of a mental disorder. If a child hurts animals it should be a red flag and immediate action should be taken. While there are many factors that contribute to someone becoming a serial killer, the one constant they share is animal abuse.

Jeffrey Dahmer showed an intense interest in dismembering animals as a child. As an adult he was charged with murdering and dismembering at least sixteen people. Dahmer is just one example of this. As a matter of fact, most people who are on death row for murder admit to abusing animals as children. A study done by North Eastern University and the Massachusetts SPCA found that people who abuse animals are five times more likely to abuse humans than people who do not. Albert Schweitzer said it best when the wrote that "Anyone who has accustomed himself to regard the life of any living creature as worthless is in danger of arriving also at the idea of worthless human lives". - end snip

Full Story

BackFire
In what way am I wrong in saying that people shouldn't get worked up over something relatively unimportant?

Because it ignores a person's innate emotional response to seeing something cruel and horrible. Simply because you don't deem this cruel or horrible doesn't mean it's unreasonable for others to. Seeing life taken is an unpleasant thing and people will react strongly to it.

How is it fallacious?

It is a foolish attempt at oversimplifying. By the logic you use you can say that pretty much anything that's ever happened isn't all that important, because we are still here and alive and the world hasn't ended.

You've failed horribly to even understand my point.

Then make your point properly next time. And don't whine when people take the logical implication of your statement and call you out on it.

No I didn't. It's not my fault that you're failing miserably to understand what I'm saying. Perhaps this should be a lesson to you to simply address what has been stated, instead of trying to be some sort of super smart person who can read between the lines and shit. I don't care what you think I was implying, because you thought wrong.

I think it's funny that every time I ask you to provide "the point" in quote, you don't even do it. Do you even know what "this point" that I supposedly made, and am now supposedly back peddling from, is?

Reading the blatant implication of a person's words isn't trying to be super smart. It's simply how communication is done. If you weren't implying that the act doesn't matter by pointing out that the world isn't lacking in the population of puppies, then what was the grand point that you were making?

Also pretty funny that now you're not saying crap about the "legality" of it all, since you've been called out on that shit came out of nowhere. Feel free to quote the line from my posts implying that abusing animals isn't a crime, please. If you can't do that, apologize.

Because I thought that segment of the argument was completed. On account of you not mentioning it in your last post.

I don't need to validate words that are put in my mouth. Do yourself a favor and discuss what's been said, not what you think is being said. Assumptions make an ass out of you and you.

I have done nothing but discuss what's been said. You said something that nearly everyone here has questioned, that's all I've been talking about. Ironically, it's you who attempted to portray me as saying that I thought it was acceptable for the girl to be killed or hurt as a response to her actions, despite the fact I never even mentioned her having anything done to her other than being found.

Do you think that everyone who records something wants it to be seen by everyone on the planet?

Why else put it on the internet? For people to see it.

Ah, I apologize. I wasn't aware that I was talking to an expert in the field of identifying those under the influence.

So then you have no evidence to support your theory that she consumed mass amounts of drugs and then decided to go out and kill puppies? Of course. After all, I did ask for plausible explanations as to why she would do it, and this isn't plausible.

Prove this.

1. She did it.

2. It was voluntary.

3. She filmed it.

4. She was smiling during the act.

5. She put it on the internet.

6. No other plausible alternative has been given with any supporting evidence.

Which you apparently have none of, considering you didn't answer half of the questions I asked, and the other half you gave "well I don't see any sign of", which doesn't really mean anything.

Saying that there is no evidence for something has plenty of meaning. It means that there is no evidence for it. And this matters when making a claim.

Besides Robtard provided plenty to show that killing animals is a red flag for possible violent tendencies. Quero has also stated factual references supporting this. This is a well known fact and has been well documented, information is freely available on the internet for you to look at if you were truly unaware that killing animals is a sign of mental instability. But if you want more, here:

http://www.pet-abuse.com/pages/abuse_connection.php

http://cats.about.com/cs/crueltyconnection/a/cruelty.htm

Also this is going to be my last response here as I agree with your previous post that this is pretty much a big waste of time. If you wish to have the final word be my guest, everything that is worth saying has already been said and we know where the other stands.

Bardock42

What I don't understand is the love with highly endangered species based on some "grander scheme". Because lets face it, whether there are 10 white tigers or none, makes no difference at all. It seems to me people think something really bad will happen when the last of a species dies, that's obviously not the case though.

If you like endangered species for some artistic diversity, fair enough. Which is not to say that we shouldn't try to preserve wildlife, though I don't think severely endangered species make the difference.

As for importance, if we are going into the "i only care if someone close to me dies" area, then we are awfully close of denying "importance" as a whole, aren't we? Why is anything important then? There are reasons why we condemn animal cruelty, in relation to human society, as well as in some, perhaps fictional, higher moral sense.

majid86
Just saw this on the news

http://www.wpix.com/wpix-girl-puppies-river,0,283891.story

unbelievable...

Now hundreds of people are trying to find out who that is.

What the f*ck?!

Im just speechless.

BackFire
Police have apparently found the girl in question.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/03/puppythrowing-suspect-cau_n_704994.html

The Nuul
They should tie up the girl and throw her in the river, her parents too.

jaden101

*Puts hand up*...

santeuil
It does make a difference. White tigers are worshipped or serve as an important part in the cultures of many peoples in Asia. We have always interacted with animals and they've become part of our religions, traditions, foods, etc. It seems to me the preservation of diverse life forms goes a little beyond an abstract sense of artistic diversity.

What I don't understand is the love with highly endangered species based on some "grander scheme". Because lets face it, whether there are 10 white tigers or none, makes no difference at all. It seems to me people think something really bad will happen when the last of a species dies, that's obviously not the case though.

If you like endangered species for some artistic diversity, fair enough. Which is not to say that we shouldn't try to preserve wildlife, though I don't think severely endangered species make the difference.

As for importance, if we are going into the "i only care if someone close to me dies" area, then we are awfully close of denying "importance" as a whole, aren't we? Why is anything important then? There are reasons why we condemn animal cruelty, in relation to human society, as well as in some, perhaps fictional, higher moral sense.

Nothing is universally important or not important, it varies from person to person, of course.The overarching concept of a species going extinct bothers me. Seeing some animals die in itself, doesn't really bother me. Happens too often for me to care. Animals are taped being killed day in and day out on Animal Planet; people hunt for sport, animals get run over in the street by the hundreds at the least every day across the globe. By that same token there's always some idiot who drinks and drives and dies in a car accident or someone who doesn't look both ways before crossing the street or they're old or they didn't watch their diet or they were in a gang or the plane they were on just happened to be the one with a loose screw on it, etc. Death as a whole doesn't bother me unless there are very specific circumstances behind it.

I'd agree that it isn't really that big a deal when species go extinct though. If we woke up tomorrow and there were no more white tigers, not much would change. At least not for me. It would bother me, but I could totally understand if someone thought that I was a fool for being bothered by it.

jaden101
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1309135/Claim-puppies-thrown-river-girl-found.html?ITO=1490

cdtm
I refuse to watch the video.

It's bad enough just thinking about it.

AthenasTrgrFngr
Originally posted by jaden101
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1309135/Claim-puppies-thrown-river-girl-found.html?ITO=1490 those are so not the same puppies! laughing out loud

i cant watch the video either. poor things sad

alex30
there is nothing too see what i can see their you say unbelievable and do not see on the news

Rogue Jedi
Every time I see a vid of some asshat beating a seal to death I want to kill.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Every time I see a vid of some asshat beating a seal to death I want to kill. How do you feel when you see like, whales, killing seals?

There's a video on the internet somewhere showing two whales actually playing catch with a seal before they eat it.

Rogue Jedi
How do you feel when you see like, whales, killing seals?

There's a video on the internet somewhere showing two whales actually playing catch with a seal before they eat it. Different, man. The same way I feel when a lion kills a gazelle.

Tha C-Master
I think he is talking more how a dolphin kills its own and plays soccer with it.
embarrasment

amnesia
How do you feel when you see like, whales, killing seals?

Feels good.

Bardock42

Girls looks like she could be hot, too bad she's ****ed up in the head.

Originally posted by Tha C-Master

embarrasment

So, apparently she's twelve.....interesting.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/10/06/bosnian-puppy-drowning-girl-to-avoid-punishment/

Omfg she's a terrible being and should be killed/beheaded/thrown into a never ending pit/tortured!

Bardock42
Omfg she's a terrible being and should be killed/beheaded/thrown into a never ending pit/tortured!

She should be made to see psychiatric help.

Those poor puppies. Maybe she should know how it feels to be drowned! Yeah!

Robtard
So, apparently she's twelve.....interesting.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/10/06/bosnian-puppy-drowning-girl-to-avoid-punishment/

She looked to be in her mid-late teens from what little was shown.

Why is 12 too young to be punished? Obviously not adult-punishment, but something is in order.

Bardock42
Those poor puppies. Maybe she should know how it feels to be drowned! Yeah!

I get it, you are pulling a Sym. No one actually said any of that though, I understand some people may say that (I feel like they mostly do when children are involved rather than animals) but no one here did, and we did explain why it is a problem that she did it, and the reasonable things that should happen a) if she's an adult as many may have assumed initially or b) now that it is known she is a child.

What's pulling a Sym?

inimalist
Why is 12 too young to be punished? Obviously not adult-punishment, but something is in order.

"something" should certainly be done, though for an individual obviously this troubled, I can't imagine that punishment is going to do anything other than make people feel good about justice and vengence.

Symmetric Chaos
What's pulling a Sym?

Pretending to seriously take a side you agree with while simultaneously pushing its implications to an extreme in order to mock it.

Or maybe it's some kind of sexual act.

Bardock42
What's pulling a Sym?

Exaggerating (or perhaps only sarcastically stating) the (perceived) points of a group of people. His favourite is libertarians as far as I can tell (who can be quite kook-y to be fair).

Robtard
Originally posted by inimalist
"something" should certainly be done, though for an individual obviously this troubled, I can't imagine that punishment is going to do anything other than make people feel good about justice and vengence.

She's 12, should break everything she cherishes; if that includes grandma and Justin Bieber, so be it.

inimalist
She's 12, should break everything she cherishes; if that includes grandma and Justin Bieber, so be it.

Warning: the next dog she kills might be yours!

rehab saves!

The Nuul
Well, this kid tried to beat up a roster but he lost.

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/wishiwaschicken.gif

The MISTER
She's obviously been raised by people who could probably care less about puppies or however this little girl behaves, one or the other. She does not fear punishment at all and still goes unpunished. I hope that she meets some positive influences that can teach her to appreciate her animals. There is no point in giving her a punishment if she believes that she just needs to hide what she does better in the future so she won't get the publics punishment.

PETA wastes valuable resources seeking to punish people who hurt animals and should instead seek to teach empathy to animals to as many children as they can.

PETA cares about all the animals except humans.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by The MISTER
She's obviously been raised by people who could probably care less about puppies or however this little girl behaves, one or the other. She does not fear punishment at all and still goes unpunished. I hope that she meets some positive influences that can teach her to appreciate her animals. There is no point in giving her a punishment if she believes that she just needs to hide what she does better in the future so she won't get the publics punishment.

PETA wastes valuable resources seeking to punish people who hurt animals and should instead seek to teach empathy to animals to as many children as they can.

PETA cares about all the animals except humans.

Great point. big grin

Liberator
Animal Liberation is Human Liberation

inimalist
lol

Exaggerating (or perhaps only sarcastically stating) the (perceived) points of a group of people. His favourite is libertarians as far as I can tell (who can be quite kook-y to be fair). Oh.

Yeah I guess that's what I was doing then.

Yeah, no one really said as much in this thread (sans Kris Blaze's comment about her being thrown off a brdieg), but that's the sentiment of a ridiculous number of people, at least off of this forum.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.