Favorite, type specific, fights

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

menokokoro
I have come up with 5 types of fights. I am curious to see your favorite fights for each category...hopefully I will think of my own soon embarrasment

1. Pure skill. Pretty much, either, both people are just really good, or one of them is vastly superior in skill.
2. Determination...pretty self explanatory.
3. Luck.
4. Team work.
5. Raw Power.

Have at it, I will get mine soon.

menokokoro
I think I should add one more...
6. Overall bad assness.

FinalAnswer
Father Anderson vs Alucard

In all of them.

Ban Mido
Originally posted by menokokoro
I have come up with 5 types of fights. I am curious to see your favorite fights for each category...hopefully I will think of my own soon embarrasment

1. Pure skill. Pretty much, either, both people are just really good, or one of them is vastly superior in skill.
3. Luck.
4. Team work.
5. Raw Power.

1. First fight that comes to mind is from The Breaker, where Shiwoon fights Somoon-Joo-Nim and even though he just literally keeps getting beaten bloody he continues to rise and even freaks Somoon-Joo-Nim out who's on a whole different level of skill as he looks upon Shiwoon and is shocked he's even conscious. I could see where this could fall into 2 too ^_^

I'll think of some more later :3

Edit: Gah all the ones I keep thinking of are coming from The Breaker XD...

Q99

3. Luck.
4. Team work.
5. Raw Power.

I love a great high skill fight, where both sides are trying stuff that obviously could win and is very clever, it's just the other side is good enough to avoid, cancel, or counter it anyway.

menokokoro
1. Van Fanel vs Dilandau Albatou (and a few friends) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke26vKmBMZw hurray for german dub!
2. Luffy vs Lucci http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ura00yjkJG8
3. Ichigo vs Ulquiorra http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L891ErV-UL4
4. I can't think of a good teamwork fight....
5. Shinji vs ....that one Angel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGNV0DZc8xY
6. Mugen vs Umanosuke http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGm8aOzeeHs

Q99
Also, showing off planning done mid-fight is usually very interesting.

Negima has some nice fight scenes.

Ban Mido

3. Luck.
4. Team work.
5. Raw Power.

3. In Psyren where they beat Third Star Commander Uranus no expression. He had them beat and was freezing everything yet they got lucky -_-.

4. no idea :/...

5. Psyren again where Grana fought Miroku and was manipulating the Sunlight into beams and like throwing massive tidal waves while Miroku summoned the Sephiroth tree and was like wrecking everywhere else and was regenerating from the lives the tree took even when he was roasted from the Sun XDDD. It was just an epic power struggle

6. Still thinking.

Ban Mido
Originally posted by Ban Mido
3. In Psyren where they beat Third Star Commander Uranus no expression. He had them beat and was freezing everything yet they got lucky -_-.

4. no idea :/...

5. Psyren again where Grana fought Miroku and was manipulating the Sunlight into beams and like throwing massive tidal waves while Miroku summoned the Sephiroth tree and was like wrecking everywhere else and was regenerating from the lives the tree took even when he was roasted from the Sun XDDD. It was just an epic power struggle

6. Still thinking. Meh Correction

for 5 I would have to say Yusuke vs Sensui when he was taken over by Raizen

and then for 6. I'd say Yomi vs Yusuke or Kenshin vs Saito ....Gah sorry for all the posts just the more I think of it a ton come to mind :/. I'm going silent now haha.

TheAuraAngel
Well I'm not a big anime guy, usually only watching the ones you'd expect. But I've tried to narrow it down to one anime per type. Here goes nothing:

1. Jackie Chun vs Goku: Barring the Ape incident and Roshi sorta cheap shotting Goku at the end due to his shorter legs, I love this fight. It kinda shows how much better DB fights are the DBZ fights, even if they aren't doing as much crazy stuff. It was close and entertaining. If I could remember more fights from Dragon Ball, this one might change but I remember this one the most and I suppose it just left an impression. All I can say.

2. Luffy vs Crocodile: I stopped reading One Piece after this(I was clearly out of my mind) but it didn't change the fact that it was awesome. Luffy absolutely, refused to die! Crocidle basically leaves him ****ed 2 times, and Luffy keeps coming back for more. I need read the rest of One Piece. It was sooo good.....

3. A tie. Near vs Light, and Yami vs Noah. The first one comes into play because I like Near. I really do. And I dislike Light. So when Near put him in his place, I liked it. But that doesn't change the fact the Near got so ****ing lucky in those last few chapters. laughing

As for the second one....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quRscpyrM5w
Look at 5:32 to 5:42. Listen at 6:09. And now go to 8:03 and watch the rest to see dueling at its finest.

4. A Naruto fight actually. Sasori vs Chiyo and Sakura: I don't know why, but I like this fight a lot. Chiyo and Sakura have not known each other long but they recognize the need for each other because their opponent is stronger than them separately. I like how Chiyo gives Sakura some respect in the fight, whereas Kakashi would likely have told her to GTFO. It was a nice fight, not much more to add. Usopp and Chopper get an honorable mention though when they fought the Mr. 4 team. Was cool.

5. The Clone Wars....in Pokemon. I'm of course referring to Clones vs the Originals, and Mew vs Mewtwo. Would have been cool if Mewtow had let the Pokemon fight normally instead of blocking their powers but, hey, what can you do? The other Pokemon made up the raw part(Pikachu in particular took quite a beating) and the Mew duo made up the power part. The world was still in a raging storm at the time so it was very epic.

6. I'm torn but I have to give it to Gohan vs Cell. I can't help it. Gohan was my favorite and to see him become the biggest badass in the series at the time was so awesome to me. Cell is cool too and one of my favorite villains from DBZ. And the final Kamehameha battle was just awesome, especially with Gohan using only one arm. It was badass to me as a kid and it is now.

draxx_tOfU
1. Heero Yuy vs Zechs
2. Luffy vs Rob Lucci
3. Kurama vs Shigure
4. Shohoku high vs Ryonan high
5. What Ban Mido said, Yusuke/Raizen vs Sensui
6. Alucard vs Luke Valentine/ Tubalcain Alhambara

Endless Mike
Cosmic type fights. Always loved them for some reason.

menokokoro
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
2. Luffy vs Crocodile: I stopped reading One Piece after this(I was clearly out of my mind) but it didn't change the fact that it was awesome. Luffy absolutely, refused to die! Crocidle basically leaves him ****ed 2 times, and Luffy keeps coming back for more. I need read the rest of One Piece. It was sooo good..... yes, yes you do. the fight i mentioned....but forget the name whistle is by far my favorite so far, and you got a LOOONG way until there lol.

Kento
1. Pure skill. - Elle vs Gau from Shadow Skill movie.

2. Determination. - Lee vs Gaara

4. Team work. - Recca and Tokiya vs Uruha Oto from Flame of Recca

5. Raw Power. - Chouji vs Jirobu

danteiscool
1. Negi vs Jack Rakan. sure the fight became a power battle at the end, but for the most part, they were relying on skill to try and take each other down, especially Negi who was coming up with all kinds of moves to beat Rakan.

2. Goku vs Broly. once again, it may not look like it, but you have to have determination to continue fighting Broly after having the crap pummeled out of you for about 98% of the fight.

3. Ichigo vs Ulqiuorra. Ichigo was very lucky to end up in a 2nd hollow mask form otherwise he would've been dead.

4. Negi and Kotarou. they have a good sense of teamwork even though it doesn't really shine through often (that I can remember right now anyway).

5. Baki vs Oliva. Baki may have relied on skill to try and take him down at first while Oliva relied on raw strength, but at the end they had a head on fist fight where they didn't even try to dodge or block the other's attacks.

6. any fight with Alucard in it. sure the enemy dies horribly, but it shows you how badass Alucard is. and I'd also that Broly's fight with Goku was badass as Broly demonstrated his incredible power while Goku took the beating and still won. that's awesome.

Bentley
I need to watch Luffy vs Lucci in anime.

wakkawakkawakka
Let me try this:

1. Afro vs Jino(the first thing that came to mind)
2. Luffy vs Enel
3. Sasuke vs Itachi
4. Sera/Pip vs Captain(even though Pip is her familiar it all I could think of)
5. Not really sure on this one
6. Alucard vs Rip van Winkle

Esomark
1. Dark Schneider vs. Fallen Uriel.
2. Jotaro Kujo vs. Dio Brando (On both sides, they were both determined to kill one another)
3. Jubei Kibagami vs. Tessai (More to do with one but if it wasn't for Kagero's poisen weakening Tessai's body, Jubei was lucky)
4. Taikobo and his team at the time (Nataku, Raishinshi, Kou Tenka, Kou Hiko, Yozen, and Buchiki) against the Maka Yonsho from Hoshin Engi.
5. Evangelion Unit-01 against Sachiel when it first went berserk.
6. Yusuke vs. Younger Toguro.

menokokoro
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka

3. Sasuke vs Itachi
just because itachi was going easy on him...though he was also injured, and we still don't know why. DANGIT!

Kero_Co
Whichever one Hunter xHunter falls under o_0

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.