Colossus Or The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
which would you rather be

1. Comic World
2. Real World
3. If both were repeatidly bashed toghther by hulk who would last longer

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/75653-87931-colossus_super.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/35895/914360-thing_color.jpg

Bentley
I think Colossus has more powers -not needing to breath, magic resistance and being malleable in steel form-, so he should be considered better when it comes to that.

...It just make Thing much more awesome at being better than Piotr, so Thing on both.

Mshinu
Done before.

Being trapped in a body which looks like a pile of dinosaur poo still sucks.

mrpress
Originally posted by Mshinu
Done before.

Being trapped in a body which looks like a pile of dinosaur poo still sucks.

I don't know if you'd be trapped. Hasn't it been established many times in the past that the main reason that Ben can't turn human again is because he has a bunch of blocks in his subconscious. Not sure if that's the case now, though.

As long as you're pretty neurosis free, you shouldn't have a problem.

big grin

mrpress
Oh and BTW, I'd want to be the Thing in the comic world (or better yet, Ultimate Thing). and just for the record, I'd find a way to take the Hulk down. smile

In the real world, it's a toss up. Both of them would probably make most real world bad guys sh*t a brick.

As for the third scenario also a toss up. The most likely end would be a mixed up pile of rocks and scrap metal.

CosmicComet
Piotr for all 3.

Omega Vision
Colossus takes all three of them.

Øhåkæh
Thing takes all 3. He got a strong will, dangerous hand-to-hand combat skills, and is also very strong and VERY intelligent. Colossus's tiny advantage in strenght won't make a difference here, and besides, Thing more than makes up for it with his enormous advantage in durability.

Omega Vision

Øhåkæh
Originally posted by Omega Vision
He's also ugly and incapable of transforming back at will. I'm not an incredibly vain person but I'm vain enough that I'd much rather be Colossus than Thing.

Colossus is also trained in h/h, perhaps more so than Thing. Also where do you get that Thing has an enormous durability advantage?

Colossus is not more trained in H2H than Thing is, and definetely not better in it; ever heard of Krav Maga? Well, I can assure you that Thing has...

Thing has taken hits from Hulk, lots of them, Colossus has never resisted such force.

Starscream M
He's also ugly
that's your opinion. i honestly don't find thing ugly. also, you are superficial.

Omega Vision

Starscream M
And you're blind. oh wow...so suddenly beauty is objective?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Starscream M
oh wow...so suddenly beauty is objective?
No. I'm sure Thing is like a male model to a hypothetical race of Golems. But by human standards he's grotesque. And those are the standards we use. Thing more than anyone thinks he's ugly, sometimes he's even portrayed with an inferiority complex due to this.

Starscream M
No. I'm sure Thing is like a male model to a hypothetical race of Golems. But by human standards he's grotesque. And those are the standards we use. he's not human...you shouldn't use human standards

I think of him as an animal...creature. you're right, by human standards, he's unattractive, but by animal standards, he's not.

edit: even by human standards, he isn't grotesque.

Øhåkæh
And you're blind.

It's not like Thing is a master of Krav Maga. Colossus has also taken hits from the Hulk and took hits from Gladiator as well. They're about even when it comes to durability.

The great thing about Krav Maga is, that even when you're not a master of it, you're still a master of general non-Krav Maga combat. You feel me? Colossus never had THAT big of a reputation for his fighting skills.

Oh, and look at the difference in how well Thing and Colossus took the hits from Hulk. Thing is obviously the more durable of them.

Omega Vision
he's not human...you shouldn't use human standards

I think of him as an animal...creature. you're right, by human standards, he's unattractive, but by animal standards, he's not.

edit: even by human standards, he isn't grotesque.
He is a human. A human mutate.

Why would we use animal standards? Please explain that leap in logic.

He's a rock monster, how isn't that grotesque?

Starscream M
He is a human. A human mutate.

Why would we use animal standards? Please explain that leap in logic.

He's a rock monster, how isn't that grotesque?

We use animal standards because he clearly is not human in physical attributes...he was created by radiation/

He isn't grotesque because little kids love him. The chick from exorcist or swamp thing are grotesque...thing is cute.

Omega Vision
We use animal standards because he clearly is not human in physical attributes...he was created by radiation/

He isn't grotesque because little kids love him. The chick from exorcist or swamp thing are grotesque...thing is cute.
So we use Animal standards of beauty for Johnny, Sue, and Reed as well? They were exposed to the same radiation.

What exactly are "animal standards" anyway? Last I checked animals are by no means homogeneous, they don't even all share bilateral symmetry.

Thing can be drawn to look "cute" but when drawn photo-realistically (or rendered with CGI as in the movie) he's downright monstrous.

Starscream M
So we use Animal standards of beauty for Johnny, Sue, and Reed as well? They were exposed to the same radiation.

What exactly are "animal standards" anyway? Last I checked animals are by no means homogeneous, they don't even all share bilateral symmetry.

Thing can be drawn to look "cute" but when drawn photo-realistically (or rendered with CGI as in the movie) he's downright monstrous. I use animal just to mean non-human

jonny, sue and reed all look human...thing doesn't. jeez.

show a pic of thing (realistic or not) to a kid...I'll bet you they will not say 'eeeew' whereas if you show them a pic of swampthing or grundy they will. thing is not grotesque by any means.

The Nuul
1. Comic World: Colossus, better fighter, more durable, better agility and I could always turn back to Human form.

2. Real World: Colossus would be nearly unstoppable and can turn back to Human form.

3. If both were repeatidly bashed toghther by hulk who would last longer: Colossus, better dur and proven by feats.

Badabing
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
which would you rather be

1. Comic World
2. Real World
3. If both were repeatidly bashed toghther by hulk who would last longer

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/75653-87931-colossus_super.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/35895/914360-thing_color.jpg 1. Thing. Being part of the FF has more perks imo. Plus Thing gets more attention than Colossus.

2. Colossus, no contest. He can look human when he wants.

3. Tie. They both are in pain.

He's also ugly He is adorable, you vile hater.

iceman24567
LOL

jalek moye

Colossus-Big C

Omega Vision
I use animal just to mean non-human

jonny, sue and reed all look human...thing doesn't. jeez.

show a pic of thing (realistic or not) to a kid...I'll bet you they will not say 'eeeew' whereas if you show them a pic of swampthing or grundy they will. thing is not grotesque by any means.
Why are you using non-human standards of beauty in the first place? There's no point in arguing that Thing isn't ugly when he very clearly is. That's why he has a blind girlfriend.

Okay? And? Your argument that Thing being mutated by radiation (when the same happened to the other three) somehow excuses him from being judged by human aesthetic values is utter crap.

Grundy actually is less monstrous than Thing. They're both ugly but Grundy can actually pass for a very large, very pale, ugly human. Thing can't say the same because he has orange rock for skin.

Mshinu

laughing laughing laughing

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Mshinu
laughing laughing laughing http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/crying.gif

Starscream M

Grundy actually is less monstrous than Thing. They're both ugly but Grundy can actually pass for a very large, very pale, ugly human. Thing can't say the same because he has orange rock for skin. if you think grundy is better looking than thing, you have extremely poor or odd taste

Mshinu
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/crying.gif

http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/PatHead.gif

CosmicComet
Why would you call Thing 'grotesque'? Is that really an accurate word to use for him?

Would you call a rock grotesque looking?

Well maybe if it was rolled in shit or something... laughing out loud

It doesn't even register to me that Thing is supposed to be a human on visuals alone, just a rock creature. No one's going to be saying 'ewww' while looking upon Ben.

King Castle
http://chocolatebydeath.com/blog/wp-content/plugins/SmoothGallery-2.0/images/collection-old/thing.jpg

http://wardriver.thasauce.net/artistsImages/grundy-286.jpg

Omega Vision
if you think grundy is better looking than thing, you have extremely poor or odd taste
I never used the words "better looking". I said that Grundy was more human than Thing, which isn't up for argument. Grundy has skin and hair, Thing doesn't.
Originally posted by King Castle
http://chocolatebydeath.com/blog/wp-content/plugins/SmoothGallery-2.0/images/collection-old/thing.jpg

http://wardriver.thasauce.net/artistsImages/grundy-286.jpg
Grundy, large and in charge. I wished that version of Grundy had stayed longer, he was so much cooler than the dumb brick version of the character.

Starscream M
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Why would you call Thing 'grotesque'? Is that really an accurate word to use for him?

Would you call a rock grotesque looking?

Well maybe if it was rolled in shit or something... laughing out loud

It doesn't even register to me that Thing is supposed to be a human on visuals alone, just a rock creature. No one's going to be saying 'ewww' while looking upon Ben. omega vision has weird sensibility

Mshinu
Striking similarity..

http://www.chickyog.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/angry-mccain.jpg

and

http://joeshusterawards.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/dale-eaglesham-fantastic-four-573-the-thing-variant.jpg

KingD19

snoopdogg
Wasn't Thing a world champion pro-wrestler?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Wasn't Thing a world champion pro-wrestler?
Yes he was. People are vastly down playing his skill here. He also was not simply in the "army a few years". He was in the special forces and trained h2h combat expert. Also a golden gloves boxing champ, if not mistaken.

CosmicComet
How would pro wrestling help him? Seriously.

Omega Vision
Would skill even matter though? The way I understand it this thread is like transplanting your brain into their bodies so you probably wouldn't inherit fighting skill either way.

srankmissingnin
Thing wasn't spec ops, he was a fighter pilot in the air force...

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Thing wasn't spec ops, he was a fighter pilot in the air force...
No he was also in special forces. He just also was an expert fighter pilot.

The air force also has special forces.

Colossus-Big C
Colossus beat up Ordo who is the champion fighter of his galaxy..

snoopdogg
Colossus beat up Ordo who is the champion fighter of his galaxy.. Wasn't Ordo that short goofy looking f*cker from He-Man?

srankmissingnin
Wasn't Ordo that short goofy looking f*cker from He-Man?

Orko?

Dum Dum Dugan
Orko?
isent that the guy with the crazy extending head?

KingD19
Wasn't Ordo that short goofy looking f*cker from He-Man?

Ordo was the alien who kidnapped Colossus, brought him back to life, and tortured him for a few years. Remember when he tried to leave Earth, and Colossus threw Wolverine into near orbit and into Ord's ship?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan

Ram-Man?

Dum Dum Dugan
Ram-Man?
oh yea thats what his name was.

so was orko the weapons master?

KingD19

Orko's the blue guy with no face or legs...He Man's little wizard sidekick, you're thinking of Mecha-Neck.

Weapons Master was Man-at-Arms...Tela's dad and Prince Adam's teacher.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by KingD19
Orko's the blue guy with no face or legs...He Man's little wizard sidekick, you're thinking of Mecha-Neck.

oh yea that goofy as wizard. I just got he-man season 1 and 2.

Dum Dum Dugan

oh yea.dam I am bad with names.

snoopdogg
Ordo was the alien who kidnapped Colossus, brought him back to life, and tortured him for a few years. Remember when he tried to leave Earth, and Colossus threw Wolverine into near orbit and into Ord's ship? I think he meant Ord not Ordo. I thought Ordo was from He-Man but he must be named Orko.

KingD19
The original or the 2003 version? I like the newer one because it has JLU levels of destruction.

KingD19
I think he meant Ord not Ordo. I thought Ordo was from He-Man but he must be named Orko.

Now he's got me messin the names up, lol. I blame him though...because if I blamed myself, I'd be wrong...and that can't be right. cool

Dum Dum Dugan
The original or the 2003 version? I like the newer one because it has JLU levels of destruction.
2003 version. Yea the animation seems pretty good, I love the tiger when he all decked out he-man style.

snoopdogg
The original or the 2003 version? I like the newer one because it has JLU levels of destruction. I grew up with the originals in the mid 80's. There is no other He-Man imo. I might have to dust of the DVD's and watch them again.

CosmicComet
Old He-Man was teh ghey. Newer one was a damn cool show at times.

Dum Dum Dugan
Thunder cats was my shit. Though nothing beat TMNT.

Badabing
Ram-Man? vin

KingD19
They're coming out with a new Thundercats...and even a Gargoyles movie.

And I was born in 89, so I had to backtrack to watch the original He-Man and G1 Transformers. Love the shows to this day, but like I said, I like the new one for the smashing of shit. It's like JLU in sci-fi, futuristic/medieval times...with loin clothes and people tossing mountains.

CosmicComet
TMNT was good, but overrated. The newer one from 2003-2008 had a better story, more action, and far superior animation. The only thing it lacked was the original's theme music.

KingD19
Yeah, 2000 era TMNT was my favorite...it was darker, like the original comic. The original cartoon was aimed at kids, the newer one wasn't....and then they came out with fast forward and back to the sewer, which kinda mixed the edginess of the 2003-2005 version, with the playful kiddyness of the original.

Mindship
The problem with me being the Thing is that the Thing would then have my personality instead of Jack Kirby's. Also, if I'm made of organic steel, I'm that much closer to looking like my sig.

CosmicComet
For real. In the newer one we got to see Leo decapitate Shredder. That was awesome.

srankmissingnin
Gargoyles > Everything

KingD19
Keith David FTW

snoopdogg
G1 Transformers>>>everything.

Dum Dum Dugan
TMNT>Thunder cats>Gargoyles>>>>GI Transformers

CosmicComet
Voltron > all that shiz.

srankmissingnin
I'm sorry but Gargoyles is the best cartoon ever made, it's a scientifically proven fact. You can all go about the rest of your day mourning the beating of your inferior cartoons at the hands of Goliath... that is all. cool

Dum Dum Dugan
Voltron > all that shiz.
toshay I had forgotten about them.

Dum Dum Dugan
David the Gnome>voltron

Dum Dum Dugan
I'm sorry but Gargoyles is the best cartoon ever made, it's a scientifically proven fact. You can all go about the rest of your day mourning the beating of your inferior cartoons at the hands of Goliath... that is all. cool
**** goliath he wasent even the coolest gargoyle. Brookline, and bronx so much better.

CosmicComet
Sorry, I just had a revelation.

375ENQbru8s

Dum Dum Dugan
lol

KingD19
**** goliath he wasent even the coolest gargoyle

What? He was the only one given a name at first...he was the strongest Gargoyle on the series. Good tactician, and he was the only Gargoyle to get a human....he wins.

I will admit some of the other gargoyles looked cooler, like the japanese ones and the ones in venezuela/guatamala.

Dum Dum Dugan
Sorry, I just had a revelation.

375ENQbru8s

can't compare to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJx8-DGgbiM

Spire
Duganhammer just owned this thread.

snoopdogg
U5VW7MuIZS0

snoopdogg
HdGR54Sd8NQ

srankmissingnin
What? He was the only one given a name at first...he was the strongest Gargoyle on the series. Good tactician, and he was the only Gargoyle to get a human....he wins.

I will admit some of the other gargoyles looked cooler, like the japanese ones and the ones in venezuela/guatamala.

Plus... he kind looked like David Boreanazzzzzzazzzzzzzzzzz

snoopdogg
I used to watch this sh!t also, man I'm old. I was one of the only kids in town who had cable at the time.

BMu7WvM_zik

CosmicComet
djhsu7WmAz4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.