Who is the most powerful character OUR world's militaries can defeat?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
And please describe how we would defeat this character.

Omega Vision
Jean Grey using chemical/biological weapons.

King Castle
hulk we gas him or just track him down and poison him in his human form or shoot him in the head,

bruce banner=Pu$$y

Starscream M
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Jean Grey using chemical/biological weapons. that would be tremendous collateral damage

plus it would be next to impossible to track her with her telepathy...she'd know exactly where to hide

Tron
Originally posted by King Castle
hulk we gas him or just track him down and poison him in his human form or shoot him in the head,

bruce banner=Pu$$y

Banner already tried shooting himself in the head. It didn't work. Anyone that tried it now would be better off putting the gun to their own head.

King Castle
banner knew what he was doing and it was just a reaction.. a sniper shot no forewarning would keep banner from instinctively turning into hulk for self preservation.

as i said already.

Banner=Pu$$y

Colossus-Big C
i think we have lasers that can burn thousand of times hotter than the core of the sun

Starscream M
banner knew what he was doing and it was just a reaction.. a sniper shot no forewarning would keep banner from instinctively turning into hulk for self preservation.

as i said already.

Banner=Pu$$y regardless, killing banner would not count as banner is not powerful at all...his alter ego is.

King Castle
you kill banner you kill the hulk. besides gasses work on hulk.. so a chopper with sleeping gas or any military grade stuff would still screw hulk up.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
i think we have lasers that can burn thousand of times hotter than the core of the sun
Not even close. There are probably lasers that can impart heat hundreds of times greater than the surface of the sun, but not thousands of times greater than the core of the sun.

Also the only lasers we have that are anywhere close to what would be needed to even tickle someone like Superman are the size of houses and guzzle shit loads of power.

Black bolt z
Bane...by shooting him.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Bane...by shooting him. really...bane? that's the most powerful you can think of? jeez

at least say batman

CosmicComet
Maybe Thing.

King Castle
killer croc by neighborhood kids with hockey sticks.. dont know who to charge at the end/ who is the predator and who is the victim

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Starscream M
really...bane? that's the most powerful you can think of? jeez

at least say batman I just named one.Not the most powerful.

Probably superman by convincing him we all hate him shifty

Starscream M
I just named one.Not the most powerful.

read the goddamn thread title will ya?

Black bolt z
read the goddamn thread title will ya? I did....go work out or something worm...err...master.

Starscream M
I did....go work out or something worm...err...master. AAAaaaaaaaaaaargggghh....your continued insolence infuriates me. I should've known better than to accept a school-grader as a minion!! mad

Black bolt z
AAAaaaaaaaaaaargggghh....your continued insolence infuriates me. I should've known better than to accept a school-grader as a minion!! mad
*spits at feet*

We could probably beat abosrbing man.Pretty much even if he abosrbs something like rock we can bomb him or open fire.

Badabing
AAAaaaaaaaaaaargggghh....your continued insolence infuriates me. I should've known better than to accept a school-grader as a minion!! mad laughing out loud

I could always ground him...mmm

I guess any character who couldn't live through a nuke, high tech weapons (lasers/particle weapons) or bio-chem weapons. We could beat bricks like Thing, Aqua Man, etc. Maybe a rookie GL. Characters on the level of Superman and Thor would be a problem due to their speed, strength and versatility. Thor could cause a worldwide EMP, floods, cataclysmic storms and outrun almost anything. Supes can bathe the planet in heat vision and use super speed to dismantle most defenses. I'm assuming there are no sneak attacks or attacks when people are in their human from/disguise.

King Castle
it be impossible for superman to hide in a civilian guise. this is the real, real world, glasses aint hiding sh$# nor is face recognition software that easily confused.

Omega Vision
it be impossible for superman to hide in a civilian guise. this is the real, real world, glasses aint hiding sh$# nor is face recognition software that easily confused.
It would be improbable to hide as Clark Kent. But not impossible to hide in a more thorough disguise.

Bentley
I beat Uncle Sam would be very weak in our universe.

King Castle
he turn canadian or mexican and fight for immigrants illegal or otherwise. cause he aint getting any patriotic power amp from the current society.

he might go mentally unstable and be a bum.

he loses due to BS hypocrisy of americans

Lord_Talron
it be impossible for superman to hide in a civilian guise. this is the real, real world, glasses aint hiding sh$# nor is face recognition software that easily confused. and what do we do when we discover his secret identity? run more?

King Castle
we plan and plot... red solar radiation steal a cup analyze his DNA try to find or create something that would attack his biology.

install red lights all cross the office building one late night..drylaugh

then kick his @$$ luther style

Lord_Talron
but superman always beats luthor 313

King Castle
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
but superman always beats luthor 313 b/c he does something stupid for an ego stroke.

its like Dr. evil and the son argument.

why dont you just kill him!! you got him, here i'll shoot him!

Dr. evil: that is not how its done..

But, you'll just put him in some stupid situation where he can escape.

Dr. evil: shut it! what?! shh.. huh.. shut it.

Tron

as i said already.

Banner=Pu$$y

You're basically just making an assumption here. You're argument may have been more viable BEFORE Banner was shown changing after taking a bullet to the head.

King Castle
anyways.......

Wonder woman i'm thinkin.

Stoic
I'd say the World as a whole fighting unit, would have trouble with Wonderman. my guess is, that anyone tougher than him should be nearly impossible for us to beat. The Hulk is probably too much, he'd most likely rule this world if he were an actual person. Radiation would make him stronger, like it did to him making him become Maestro, in some future scenario.

D_Dude1210
I can see us killing the Flash by poisoning his food and water waiting for him to be very hungry. big grin

Q99

Eh, if people don't have reason to suspect him, most really will probably think "guy who looks similar," not actually "Superman."

Nor do many people end up scanned by face recognition software databases.

Nobody above high meta. I'm thinking Iron Man is the limit here.

Tha C-Master
it be impossible for superman to hide in a civilian guise. this is the real, real world, glasses aint hiding sh$# nor is face recognition software that easily confused. Not necessarily. Ted Bundy got away for so long by being plain looking- yet attractive so people didn't pick him up right away. Superman is handsome but his looks are so "plain" that he might blend end decently for some time.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Not necessarily. Ted Bundy got away for so long by being plain looking- yet attractive so people didn't pick him up right away. Superman is handsome but his looks are so "plain" that he might blend end decently for some time. his looks are not plain...in real life, he would stick out like crazy

a 6'3 super well built guy with a model's face....that is gonna stick out like a sore thumb

Tha C-Master
his looks are not plain...in real life, he would stick out like crazy

a 6'3 super well built guy with a model's face....that is gonna stick out like a sore thumb It would be hard to say in real life, but if he looked something like the actors who portrayed him and he went to a remote area he might be able to.

Starscream M
It would be hard to say in real life, but if he looked something like the actors who portrayed him and he went to a remote area he might be able to. christopher reeves, tom welling, and brandon routh would all stick out

they're tall good looking men, a rarity...they would only blend in perhaps in a place full of models and actors. among ordinary folks, people would notice them.

Konton
anyways.......

Wonder woman i'm thinkin.

I think she zooms around the planet punching holes in the earth's crust and demolishes every major intelligence in the world with her sassy red boots and a little elbow grease.

Lunacyde
we plan and plot... red solar radiation steal a cup analyze his DNA try to find or create something that would attack his biology.

You do realize that we don't possess the technological capability to produce red sun radiation or Kryptonite which is a completely fictitious element. Also we have nothing that can engage someone as fast as Superman. We would never stand a chance.

FOOM
At least, IronMan... Remember that really hot Russian spy the Americans just sent back? She could give him the AIDS virus.

Lord_Talron
one word: natasha. wink

King Castle
Originally posted by Lunacyde
You do realize that we don't possess the technological capability to produce red sun radiation or Kryptonite which is a completely fictitious element. Also we have nothing that can engage someone as fast as Superman. We would never stand a chance. hmmm.. pretty sure some one needs to go back to school and study what red light really is....

pretty sure we are capable of creating red light radiation which the color in itself isnt the cause of the particular radiation.

Lunacyde
hmmm.. pretty sure some one needs to go back to school and study what red light really is....

pretty sure we are capable of creating red light radiation which the color in itself isnt the cause of the particular radiation.

You are the one who needs to go back to school. We do not have the capability to create Red Sun Radiation. Ordinary red light wouldn't work, it's radiation from a red sun, which we do not have the capability to produce. By all means prove me wrong.

Starscream M
You are the one who needs to go back to school. We do not have the capability to create Red Sun Radiation. Ordinary red light wouldn't work, it's radiation from a red sun, which we do not have the capability to produce. By all means prove me wrong. actually, according to the Epkyrotic Cosmological Theory and combining that with the laws of the Exclusion Principle, we can theoretically reproduce an oscillatory wave of Luxen particles that can replicate the transitory delta effects of red sunlight radiation

King Castle
red light is just traveling light traveling the furthest.

a red sun is still just producing light from a particular wavelength along with the same types of radiation.

yes, we humans can easily produce red light wavelength and even particular radiation.

sadly in comics superman is actually weaken more by the red light wavelength then anything else sense the radiation should be minuscule.

Omega Vision

Yeah because any old red light will do. Also even depowered Clark would lay your ass out.

Lunacyde
As far as I know red sun radiation is no different than yellow sun radiation, so the point is moot.

Tha C-Master
christopher reeves, tom welling, and brandon routh would all stick out

they're tall good looking men, a rarity...they would only blend in perhaps in a place full of models and actors. among ordinary folks, people would notice them. Not in an area where they are less known or their appearance is slightly altered. A lot of my fam don't know who that is. The bigger issue would be the fact that their face would be everywhere.

But hey if Osama Bin Laden can do it...

Colossus-Big C
Juggernaut
A high powered Sonic Attack would do the trick big grin

King Castle
it would be black ops units doing the @$$ kickin dont know why you try to bring me into it. even if it was just me i beat the snot out of nancy boy.

joint operation with russia ans usa they send in the spetsnaz

Omega Vision
Just because he's in the real world doesn't mean he's constrained by real world scientific laws. Otherwise it would defeat the purpose of the question.

Our military might be able to beat someone like Iron Man or Magneto if we manage to catch them offguard and get lucky. But people like Thor, Superman, or Wonder Woman won't even have to break a sweat to curbstomp the entire planet.

it would be black ops units doing the @$$ kickin dont know why you try to bring me into it. even if it was just me i beat the snot out of nancy boy.

joint operation with russia ans usa they send in the spetsnaz
He'd ****ing destroy you, don't act like you can take him on just because he loses his powers.

King Castle
no he wouldnt.

IRRFMrzTYpE superdur

amnesia

He'd ****ing destroy you, don't act like you can take him on just because he loses his powers.

Someone with decent MA skill could take DP superman.

Lunacyde
Originally posted by amnesia
Someone with decent MA skill could take DP superman.

Someone with decent "comic book" MA skill could take Superman, not someone with real life MA skill unless they are unbelievably good. Superman is actually an accomplished comic book H2H fighter trained by Batman.

ankur29

bruce banner=Pu$$y

if he existed in real life banner would be the smartest guy on the planet
don't think that would work unless he wanted to be caught

King Castle
u see banner running around with an i pod tech?

smarts dont equate to survival.

ankur29
u see banner running around with an i pod tech?

smarts dont equate to survival.

the things banner's been capable of doing would really trump anything the real military can come up with

King Castle
he would be stuck with real world tech and power source..

he aint making no shields with radio shack parts and lithium batteries.

Omega Vision
Someone with decent "comic book" MA skill could take Superman, not someone with real life MA skill unless they are unbelievably good. Superman is actually an accomplished comic book H2H fighter trained by Batman.
There's also the fact that Superman is 6'3" and built like a linebacker.
he would be stuck with real world tech and power source..

he aint making no shields with radio shack parts and lithium batteries.
Yeah he can. He retains his comic book ability to macguyver tech from scraps. Otherwise what's the point of this discussion because if real world rules applied he'd die from Gamma poisoining right off the bat.

ankur29
There's also the fact that Superman is 6'3" and built like a linebacker.

Yeah he can. He retains his comic book ability to macguyver tech from scraps. Otherwise what's the point of this discussion because if real world rules applied he'd die from Gamma poisoining right off the bat.

thumb up

King Castle
a 6'3' dude who holds back and doesnt kill or maim.. he would get his @$$ beat by the right mindset warrior fighters.

Lunacyde
He'll still put you down without killing or severely injuring you.

King Castle
this isnt about me so stop tryin to make it so especially with lack of knowledge about me.

the spetsnaz, black ops men would make short work of clark

jalek moye
About the whole killing Banner thing. His shields alone can take almost everything real life armies would trie. And he'd dismantle every missle, aircraft, satelite, and computer with a single button press.

He can also teleport, and cause massive scale damage with just his gun.

Lunacyde
this isnt about me so stop tryin to make it so especially with lack of knowledge about me.

Assuming he was depowered....BIG assumption.

King Castle
Originally posted by jalek moye
About the whole killing Banner thing. His shields alone can take almost everything real life armies would trie. And he'd dismantle every missle, aircraft, satelite, and computer with a single button press.

He can also teleport, and cause massive scale damage with just his gun. did his shield keep out air or was it permeable?

if it was permeable he is taken down with biological weapons and sleeping gas.

Omega Vision
a 6'3' dude who holds back and doesnt kill or maim.. he would get his @$$ beat by the right mindset warrior fighters.
This is the same piss poor logic I've seen used to argue that Hitgirl would beat Batman. Defeat need not require killing or maiming, especially when you know pressure points that can disable without causing a single drop of blood to fall like Superman can.

Honestly you have to be pretty arrogant to think that you could beat Superman up even if you stripped him of his powers.

You're right, it's foolish of me to assume you're not a 6'10", 350lb martial arts master. roll eyes (sarcastic)

amnesia
This is the same piss poor logic I've seen used to argue that Hitgirl would beat Batman. Defeat need not require killing or maiming, especially when you know pressure points that can disable without causing a single drop of blood to fall like Superman can.

Honestly you have to be pretty arrogant to think that you could beat Superman up even if you stripped him of his powers.

You're right, it's foolish of me to assume you're not a 6'10", 350lb martial arts master. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bruce Lee>DP superman

Omega Vision
Bruce Lee>DP superman
Perhaps. But then Bruce Lee>99.999999% of the human race.

Lunacyde
Bruce Lee>DP superman

Perhaps, but he is an upper level martial artist, as in one of the most famous of all time. Most martial artists you find won't be that high level.

King Castle
are you serious? bruce lee although trained in MA isnt the only fighter in the world who would have a shot at beating depowered Superman.

the list goes from guys who had no formal training to a random athlete Ma to professional fighters then combat vets..

superman in the real world depowered would have a serious problem fighting anyone with real combat skills who arent holding back not just bruce lee whom i like but i can differentiate between the myth and the man.

superman's height and weight can only get him so far in a fight and to say he can beat an aggressive fighter like military ops soldier if very disingenuous and it be the same for ppl who think bruce could do the same

amnesia
True. A regular human wouldn't last a second against the spetznaz.

janus77
Classic Dr. Strange, he'd have all the knowledge and amulets but his gods/demons would be back there in the comics.

I imagine he'd spend his days a frustrated Dr. Strange impersonator at Cosplay conventions.

Black bolt z
Chuck norris is our secret weapon against squirrel girl.

Lunacyde
are you serious? bruce lee although trained in MA isnt the only fighter in the world who would have a shot at beating depowered Superman.

the list goes from guys who had no formal training to a random athlete Ma to professional fighters then combat vets..

superman in the real world depowered would have a serious problem fighting anyone with real combat skills who arent holding back not just bruce lee whom i like but i can differentiate between the myth and the man.

superman's height and weight can only get him so far in a fight and to say he can beat an aggressive fighter like military ops soldier if very disingenuous and it be the same for ppl who think bruce could do the same

What don't you understand about Comic MA >Real Life MA? Superman is a top notch H2H combatant having been trained by some top class comic Martial Artists most notably Batman.

Omega Vision

Combat vets? Lol.

Bruce Lee could certainly beat a Spec Ops soldier in a straight up fight.

janus77
but could he beat Mr. T?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by janus77
but could he beat Mr. T?
I pity the fool who thinks that.

rotiart
Chuck norris is our secret weapon against squirrel girl.

Bruce lee >Squirrel girl > chuck Norris

BullwinkleMoose
Squirrel Girl > ALL

Our army could take down Nebula with the Infinity Gauntlet. We could just shoot her or use chemical/biological weapons

FOOM
Bruce Lee has always been highly over-rated and should not be treated as some martial arts guru.

janus77
spoken with the authority of a man with a close personal knowledge of Bruce and his skills...

I expect you have many tales to relate of you and Bruce sparring.

CosmicComet
Combat vets? Lol.

Bruce Lee could certainly beat a Spec Ops soldier in a straight up fight.

No the hell he wouldn't.

A Spetsnaz operant would destroy Bruce Lee. Bruce's grappling was weak, someone trained in combat Sambo like a Spetsnaz op probably was would destroy him.

edit: Nevermind, you said 'could'. Not would.

basilisk
red light is just traveling light traveling the furthest.

a red sun is still just producing light from a particular wavelength along with the same types of radiation.

yes, we humans can easily produce red light wavelength and even particular radiation.

sadly in comics superman is actually weaken more by the red light wavelength then anything else sense the radiation should be minuscule.

What if they lured him down into the red light district in Amsterdam, then the Dutch police would take him down after he is depowered.

Lord Paragon
Ha, considering the Strength of Superhumans is Marvel. Our military could take Jubilee maybe.

Anyone over her power level and we are boned.

To bad we don't have a real version of Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D.

Lord_Talron
im sure the military is more prepared than you think

Omega Vision
Yeah even granting the supernatural luck that some comics characters possess the military could handily defeat pretty much anyone Mid Meta and below. Though at High Meta things get dicey and once you get to Heralds the military is boned.

Warlord
not Flash

Tha C-Master
The Flash would win before this sentence was finished, reading or typing.

Yeah even granting the supernatural luck that some comics characters possess the military could handily defeat pretty much anyone Mid Meta and below. Though at High Meta things get dicey and once you get to Heralds the military is boned. Do you think we could nail Tony once or twice?

Starscream M
The Flash would win before this sentence was finished, reading or typing.
I think you overrate Flash's speed

Tha C-Master

You're right, it's foolish of me to assume you're not a 6'10", 350lb martial arts master. roll eyes (sarcastic) People seem to think that MA trumps all, Superman has plenty of fighting experience with and without powers.

FOOM
"spoken with the authority of a man with a close personal knowledge of Bruce and his skills...
I expect you have many tales to relate of you and Bruce sparring."

Feel free to enlighten us by sharing your many encounters with Bruce Lee which demonstrate why this movie star was the world's greatest martial artist, as so many have claimed.

Tron
Originally posted by CosmicComet
No the hell he wouldn't.

A Spetsnaz operant would destroy Bruce Lee. Bruce's grappling was weak, someone trained in combat Sambo like a Spetsnaz op probably was would destroy him.

edit: Nevermind, you said 'could'. Not would.

Perhaps not now, but he'd have a better chance against a spec-ops troop that was around during his time.

And yeah, his grappling wasn't that good, which was why he was training to correct that before his death.

I think you underrate his speed.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Tron

I think you underrate his speed. um no I don't. Flash cannot take out the entire world's military in under 10 seconds.

King Castle
just think how fast light travels and how long it take for it to circumvent the planet.

then at least double it if flash is criss crossing dismantling machinery.

realistically he shouldnt be able to. just my two cents.

Sr J-Bieb
Spectre

Tha C-Master
I think you overrate Flash's speed He has feats of him going and rescuing several hundred thousand people in under .00001 microseconds 1 and 2 people at a time, that's 13 trillion times lightspeed (crazy feat but he has crazier). I've already posted this several times; I don't know why you continue to ignore it anyways. Not to mention the time feats and other things he has done.

Starscream M
He has feats of him going and rescuing several hundred thousand people in under .00001 microseconds 1 and 2 people at a time that's like the highest of his high...also that would mean he travels at exponentially BEYOND lightspeed. I mean if you truly accept that as Flash's speed, then literally anytime he gets hit it is MONUMENTAL PIS.

taking Flash at his average showing, he is nowhere near that fast.

Tha C-Master
that's like the highest of his high...also that would mean he travels at exponentially BEYOND lightspeed. I mean if you truly accept that as Flash's speed, then literally anytime he gets hit it is MONUMENTAL PIS.

taking Flash at his average showing, he is nowhere near that fast. He has a handful of crazy feats just like that though. I never said it wasn't an insane feat, just that he did it. Flash in this scenario isn't holding back, it's stated in the rules. Flash is obviously a very powerful character who would be boring to read about unless he was fighting someone like Zoom. Also that feat wasn't a fight agaisnt a comic character, it would be more like Spider-Man lifting a tank, more of an "effort" thing.

Also he has gone at -1 speed and other things as such. Even if you half the aforementioned feat he went 1.25 quintillion times lightspeed. It's his crowning moment of awesome. Definitely enough to defeat the world.

Omega Vision
Not really. He can go FTL. Any character who can go even 1 percent of light speed would be untouchable by our military.

King Castle
1% wont outrun a nuke detonation.

Starscream M
Not really. He can go FTL. Any character who can go even 1 percent of light speed would be untouchable by our military. true...I never disagreed with that. Flash is untouchable by our military.

I said he overrated flash because he said flash would defeat the entire world's military in under 10 seconds. IMO Flash is not THAT fast...at least his average showings.

Sr J-Bieb
1% wont outrun a nuke detonation. You showed him.

Also, it probably would.

Omega Vision
Yeah, yeah it would.

1% of light speed is 6,706,166 miles per hour. At that speed you could run from the New York to Beijing in a fraction of a second.

Also you're assuming the military could even get a bead on said speedster in the first place so as to drop the nuke. Nuclear weapons take a shit load of time to deploy, even the ICBM based ones with all the protocol that goes into firing.

King Castle
like i said a nuke detonation not traveling time or arming.

when it explodes it releases energy which i would say travel above 1%
may not be potent past a certain lvl but by then flying side by side to a 1% flash it wouldnt have to be it would overtake him easy.

i never said they could get a bead on the flash.

Omega Vision
like i said a nuke detonation not traveling time or arming.

when it explodes it releases energy which i would say travel above 1%
may not be potent past a certain lvl but by then flying side by side to a 1% flash it wouldnt have to be it would overtake him easy.

i never said they could get a bead on the flash.
Do you have actual proof that the blast could grow fast enough to catch a speedster moving at that speed assuming he starts running at the instant of detonation?

In any case no one is going to nuke a speedster. That's like trying to kill a horsefly with a hand grenade.

Lunacyde

Yes, because we will just at the drop of a hat shoot off Nukes on our own planet, brilliant tactics....brilliant.

TheTyrant
Wonder Woman.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Wonder Woman.
No chance in hell.

The only weapons which could possibly give her pause (ICBMs) aren't accurate enough to hit a target that can move at FTL speeds.

Strictly speaking, no weapon we possess could threaten anyone approaching that level of speed. SR-71 Blackbirds aren't even hypersonic and just using speed they can evade virtually any weapon on Earth.

jalek moye
um no I don't. Flash cannot take out the entire world's military in under 10 seconds.

If he really wanted to, he could without any trouble at all i nthat amoutn of time.

Stunner2xx
This Thread is Awesome

Wolverine

Lunacyde
No chance in hell.

The only weapons which could possibly give her pause (ICBMs) aren't accurate enough to hit a target that can move at FTL speeds.

As big of a Wonder Woman fan as I am, I don't remember her ever going FTL. She is still too fast for anything our military has, but not FTL.

amnesia
Colossus

Omega Vision
As big of a Wonder Woman fan as I am, I don't remember her ever going FTL. She is still too fast for anything our military has, but not FTL.
She entered the speedforce. That takes FTL speed.

Lunacyde
She entered the speedforce. That takes FTL speed.

If you don't mind me asking, what story was that in?

Parmaniac
I would love to see us against Hydroman.

King Castle
he is referring to this..

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=362733&pagenumber=11

Starscream M

Strictly speaking, no weapon we possess could threaten anyone approaching that level of speed. thats not true

Omega Vision
thats not true
There are few weapons that can even pose a threat to an SR-71 Blackbird, which can't even go Mach 4.

Last I checked the speed of light was Mach 881000.

Lunacyde
thats not true

Explain.

Parmaniac
Last I checked the speed of light was Mach 881000. That's long ago light got old it's not what it used to be.

Starscream M
There are few weapons that can even pose a threat to an SR-71 Blackbird, which can't even go Mach 4.

Last I checked the speed of light was Mach 881000. I believe the military possesses prototype microwave beam weapons

also biological and chemical warfare might be a possibility

Omega Vision
I believe the military possesses prototype microwave beam weapons

also biological and chemical warfare might be a possibility
Microwave beam weapons stopped being pursued seriously by militaries after WWII. The thing that stopped the research from being a total waste was the accidental discovery of RADAR on the side.

Chemical and biological weapons are haphazard. It's possible you might get lucky and kill someone like Wonder Woman with them, but realistically you might as well just start firing off bioheads and nukes in random directions because no delivery method would reliably reach the target. That's assuming bioweapons and chemicals could even kill Wonder Woman.

King Castle
erm

micro wave weapons have bn made for crowd control... also their is an actual working weapon grade laser that can shoot a fighter plane.. also we have orbital nuke launch pad.

Starscream M
Microwave beam weapons stopped being pursued seriously by militaries after WWII. The thing that stopped the research from being a total waste was the accidental discovery of RADAR on the side.
Im pretty sure I read that even until pretty recently that microwave weapons were being pursued.

Omega Vision
erm

micro wave weapons have bn made for crowd control... also their is an actual working weapon grade laser that can shoot a fighter plane.. also we have orbital nuke launch pad.
I didn't mention them because they would be utterly useless against someone like Wonder Woman. The "death ray" type microwave weapon that the world's premier militaries searched for in the 1920s and 30s (Japan kept searching right up to the end of the Second World War) was envisioned as a weapon that could make people, buildings, and tanks burst into flames like the heat ray from War of the Worlds. The only useful thing that came from the research was RADAR.

Comparing the crowd control weapons to the death ray that the Japanese sought is like comparing the airborne laser to a laser pointer.

As for the Airborne laser the best it can do is to hit targets traveling at supersonic or maybe hypersonic speeds. And from what I understand it works by "cooking" the target until it explodes, it's not an instantaneous disintegration effect. Any Herald Leveler would take the things out of the sky before they even knew what hit them.

Also I don't think the Airborne laser is operational, IIRC the project was cancelled. It's never been used on a fighter plane in either case, it needs a steady trajectory (like an ascending missile) to aim, fighter jets are more erratic and harder to predict.

marwash22
Can i get some details, is this a straight up fight with the character and the military facing off, or is this the military hunting the character without the character knowing about the impending attack?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by marwash22
Can i get some details, is this a straight up fight with the character and the military facing off, or is this the military hunting the character without the character knowing about the impending attack?
I imagine it's the first one.

Starscream M
Can i get some details, is this a straight up fight with the character and the military facing off, or is this the military hunting the character without the character knowing about the impending attack? We know about the character and his impending arrival...we have about a month to coordinate an attack

marwash22
honestly, even with prep and knowledge of the character, we wouldn't stand an ice cubes chance in hell of stopping anyone in Superman's league.

I'd say Hulk.

amnesia
honestly, even with prep and knowledge of the character, we wouldn't stand an ice cubes chance in hell of stopping anyone in Superman's league.

I'd say Hulk.

a red flash light.

marwash22
a red flash light. laughing out loud

Can red-sun radiation be created IRL?

Lunacyde
laughing out loud

Can red-sun radiation be created IRL?

Technically on average it's no different than average yellow sun radiation....so the whole argument on whether we can produce it is flawed.

Omega Vision
IIRC red sunlight is just light from a cooler sun.

Also people seem to exaggerate the vulnerability to red sunlight. In Infinite Crisis Superman was able to plow through the core of a red sun and survive. So no, a red flashlight isn't going to do it even if it did mimic red sunlight.

I'd say Hulk.
His HF would be too much.

King Castle
he plowed right through it and it was acknowledged tha it weekend it. they went through it at phenomenal speeds..

its like saying fire doesnt burn b/c i can run my hand through a flame. retarded logic.

Just to repeat myself: Iron Man is the limit.

King Castle
richard franklin

Galan007
Regarding Superman's 'weakness' to red sun radiation:
http://img255.imageshack.us/i/16ie5.jpg/
http://img255.imageshack.us/i/17ni7.jpg/
http://img255.imageshack.us/i/18eh0.jpg/
http://img255.imageshack.us/i/19ot8.jpg/

What we have is Supes tanking concentrated blasts of red sun radiation from a Sun Eater, then surviving an explosion more powerful then a supernova immediately after... Call it a weakness if you want. *shrug*

Lunacyde
richard franklin

You mean Franklin Richards.

King Castle
where's the scans where luthor is kicking his @$$ under Red light?

anyways.....

Beast boy.

Lunacyde
Red and Yellow sunlight as seperate entities don't exist in real life, so no we cannot take Superman down that way. Don't be stupid, characters at Wonder Woman, Superman and Flash's level will not lose to our real life militaries.

Omega Vision
where's the scans where luthor is kicking his @$$ under Red light?

anyways.....

Beast boy.
You're probably thinking of Superman: Doomsday. And it was with the aid of a kryptonite gauntlet. And in a later scene Superman's clone bypassed it by simply locking the room and throwing it out of the building with Luthor in it, nearly killing him.

King Castle
hmm.. pretty sure lex use to have red light pistols handy back in the day.
mhmm
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/2694/10zk0.jpg

Lunacyde
Besides hitting someone with FTL reflexes with a pistol is completely ridiculous....even if light is the weapon in question.

Galan007
Originally posted by Galan007
Regarding Superman's 'weakness' to red sun radiation:
http://img255.imageshack.us/i/16ie5.jpg/
http://img255.imageshack.us/i/17ni7.jpg/
http://img255.imageshack.us/i/18eh0.jpg/
http://img255.imageshack.us/i/19ot8.jpg/

What we have is Supes tanking concentrated blasts of red sun radiation from a Sun Eater, then surviving an explosion more powerful then a supernova immediately after... Call it a weakness if you want. *shrug*

King Castle
yeh, i hear your inconsistent feat and hero worship..

reposting the same post is spam.

Lunacyde
The idea of using red sun radiation against Superman is faulty on 5 different levels. He would tear the entire worlds collective militaries apart IRL.

-Pr-
Red sun only works if you can cut Superman off from the sun. Our militaries can't do that.

King Castle
no nature does that for us... stick out tongue

cyborg gets beatin down and dismantled.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>