Ki-Adi-Mundi and Saesee Tinn VS Kit Fisto and Agen Kolar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bayhunter12
Battle takes place on Mustafar and anything goes.

Axle
Team 1

bayhunter12
I think team 2 takes this.

Pwned
Nah, team 1

Personally, I know nothing of Kit and Agen, other than that they are some of the best swordsmen in the jedi order, but so is Saesee, and Ki I have no clue what he can do

But Saesee and Mace took out a B3 Ultra battle droid, which is something to be proud of, and Ki, Ki got shot.

ares834
Team 2.
Kit Fisto is the best Jedi here able to defeat Grievous and block a couple of Sidious's attacks.

bayhunter12
Agreed. Fisto actually defeated Grevious who very nearly killed Mundi.

Pwned
that a>b>c

Seriously dude, while what your saying is true, that really doesnt work out well, that method

Lord Lucien
I'd usually agree but I'm having trouble this time. Grievous really whooped Mundi (and Shaak Ti, and others, and clone troopers). If Fisto did the same to him, then a gap in saber skill is pretty obvious.

truejedi
fisto was compared to Kenobi in Cestus deception with sabers. I have to go team 2.

Slash_KMC
Fisto didn't really beat Grievous.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Fisto didn't really beat Grievous.

The hell he didn't!!! He didn't kill him, but he clearly outclassed him, disarming one of his lightsabers (taking it for himself) and pushing him back the entire time until Grievous' cowardice came into to play once again. Grievous lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-t9GlT9qmk

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by truejedi
fisto was compared to Kenobi in Cestus deception with sabers. I have to go team 2.

Right on. Kenobi noticed how Fisto had to intentially slow himself down when they were sparring, and ackowledged his (Fisto's) superior swordsmanship.

truejedi
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
Right on. Kenobi noticed how Fisto had to intentially slow himself down when they were sparring, and ackowledged his (Fisto's) superior swordsmanship.

granted, this was in Cestus Deception. By ROTS Mace made it clear that Kenobi was a better swordsman.

Pwned
He did epicwtfpwn Grevious in sabers and, frankly, totally.

But there wasalso the fact that A) it was a childs show so the jedi (the GOOD guy) couldnt lose to the Seppie(the BAD guy)

And Fisto also utilized the Force to quiet himself down, and got around using the mist around Grevious so he couldnt see him.
From that fight alone, we cant say Fisto would beat Grevious in a straight up duel to the death. Without that mist to hide him, Fisto may well have been killed that day.

Slash_KMC
The hell he didn't!!! He didn't kill him, but he clearly outclassed him, disarming one of his lightsabers (taking it for himself) and pushing him back the entire time until Grievous' cowardice came into to play once again. Grievous lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-t9GlT9qmk

God, this entire scene has been taken way out of proportion.

He may have been better, but he didn't beat him. Yoda may have been better than Dooku, but he didn't beat him.

Anakin was pushing Obi-Wan back for the entire fight, yet you could prepare some good marshmellows on Anakin.

If you had seen the end you'd know that the magnaguards came to help Grievous and then Fisto ran away.

And lastly, yes, the new Clone Wars cartoons are made for kids who wouldn't like to see the god of smiling lose to anyone.

Jinsoku Takai

And lastly, yes, the new Clone Wars cartoons are made for kids who wouldn't like to see the god of smiling lose to anyone.

And WTF is wrong w/ the God of smiling? Hmm? Answer that one smart*ss.

Jinsoku Takai
God, this entire scene has been taken way out of proportion.

It has?

He didn't?

Soresu anyone? That's the basis for Obi-Wan's dueling style; giving ground, waiting for an opening. That isn't the case for GG during his duel with Fisto.

Yet he didn't object. He's a coward.

And once again, WTF is wrong with the God of smiling? Peace mo-fo!!!

Slash_KMC
It has?

Yes.

The novel gives the advantage to Yoda, but from seeing the scene alone (as in the case of Grievous and Fisto) you can't say that Dooku was beaten. He could've just ran away because clones were getting close.

Still, getting pushed away doesn't mean you got beaten. Besides, after seeing the scene again, you can't really say Grievous got pushed back the entire time... Unless you mean that one Force Push.

Why would he object and why would he chance dying? What you call cowardice may also be called intelligence. Odds of survival are higher when he doesn't tell the magnaguards to go away. Fisto is the one who actually ran away.

Kids wouldn't like to see him get hurt. Lucas tries to appeal the main audience and those are mainly kids.

Jinsoku Takai

The novel gives the advantage to Yoda, but from seeing the scene alone (as in the case of Grievous and Fisto) you can't say that Dooku was beaten. He could've just ran away because clones were getting close.

In the context of their duel, Yoda simply outclassed Dooku, plain and simple. There is no other way around it. Dooku was way out of his league, and it showed. In other words, Yoda beat him. The same scenerio was at play w/ GG and Kit Fisto, albeit to a lesser degree. GG was getting outclassed, then his MGs made their appearance. In the context of what happened, Fisto had the upper hand the entire time. He beat him.

Grievous was pushed back from :55 seconds of the video to 1:21 of the video. This accounts for their main series of exchanges. Take that for what you will.

First of all, Fisto retreated from a situation in which he was outnumbered 4-1. That's slightly different than what GG did. Remember, Grievous is the one who initiated the encounter, then let his MGs jump in to save his ass (which was taking a significant beatdown at the time). Grievous is a known coward, and has a history of running when things aren't going his way.

Slash_KMC
In the context of their duel, Yoda simply outclassed Dooku, plain and simple. There is no other way around it. Dooku was way out of his league, and it showed. In other words, Yoda beat him. The same scenerio was at play w/ GG and Kit Fisto, albeit to a lesser degree. GG was getting outclassed, then his MGs made their appearance. In the context of what happened, Fisto had the upper hand the entire time. He beat him.

Really, from this scene alone you decided that Yoda outclassed Dooku, plain and simple?

Lig40TzCZJQ

Where exactly did Yoda gain any kind of advantage? Please tell me.

Well, the way the camera moves, you can't say for sure that Grievous was being pushed back. So you can't be entirely objective about this fight. And subjective just doesn't cut it.

Yes, he let his MGs jump in, because why not? Had Fisto not been able to flee, he would've probably been killed. Had Grievous told his MGs to go away, his chances of survival would've decreased dramatically. Not every bad guy has to be overconfident.

truejedi
I think it is made pretty clearly by both the movie AND the novelization that Yoda owned Dooku. It is further confirmed in Dark Rendovous that Yoda owned Dooku.

Jinsoku Takai
I think it is made pretty clearly by both the movie AND the novelization that Yoda owned Dooku. It is further confirmed in Dark Rendovous that Yoda owned Dooku.

Right on! And it's apparent - to a far lesser degree - that Fisto was all over Grievous.

Slash_KMC

You completely missed the point by including anything other than the scene.

The novel gives the advantage to Yoda, but from seeing the scene alone (as in the case of Grievous and Fisto) you can't say that Dooku was beaten.

Really, from this scene alone you decided that Yoda outclassed Dooku, plain and simple?

Lig40TzCZJQ

Where exactly did Yoda gain any kind of advantage? Please tell me.

Again, where exactly did Yoda seem to have the upper hand here. Just disregard anything other than this scene.

Right on! And it's apparent - to a far lesser degree - that Fisto was all over Grievous.

Fisto didn't beat Grievous, I still stand by that.

truejedi
i see, but what is the point of discussing the movie alone if we have other material?

Slash_KMC
I was comparing the two scenes, just like you can't say that Yoda had beaten Dooku by just seeing the scene, you can't say that Fisto is automatically better than Grievous by just seeing the scene.

Grievous may have lost a lightsaber in the fight, but that doesn't mean he was beaten. Darth Maul had his double lightsaber cut in half by Obi-Wan, does that mean Obi-Wan is better? Vader got his shoulder hit by Luke, does that mean Luke is better?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.