Storm versus Kisame

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RLAAMJR.
They start a kilometer apart in an open space

Who will win?

Endless Mike
Storm destroys any Naruto character effortlessly. Stop making threads like this.

Q99
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Storm destroys any Naruto character effortlessly. Stop making threads like this.

Except she really doesn't.

Do people just forget that Naruto ninja are super-strong, super-fast, and have a wide array of unique special powers?

Storm's great don't get me wrong, but she's had trouble with far weaker foes, and her attacks can be defended against.

Kisame specifically can protect against pretty much everything she can throw by diving underground or staying in a tidal wave of his own making.

wakkawakkawakka
Storm can manipulate Solar winds and cause random ass snow-storms. Then there's the whole rivalling Thor thing and whatnot.

Storm rapes via lightning/random-ass hurricane: and this comes from someone that has a bad habit of making spite threads.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Q99
Except she really doesn't.

Do people just forget that Naruto ninja are super-strong, super-fast, and have a wide array of unique special powers?

Storm's great don't get me wrong, but she's had trouble with far weaker foes, and her attacks can be defended against.

Kisame specifically can protect against pretty much everything she can throw by diving underground or staying in a tidal wave of his own making.
...Unless she summons all the electromagnetic power of the planet to fry said wave...no expression

Q99
Originally posted by XanatosForever
...Unless she summons all the electromagnetic power of the planet to fry said wave...no expression

How often does she do that (was it just a one-off thing), and perhaps more importantly, how long does it take to do so?

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Storm can manipulate Solar winds and cause random ass snow-storms. Then there's the whole rivalling Thor thing and whatnot.

Storm rapes via lightning/random-ass hurricane: and this comes from someone that has a bad habit of making spite threads.

I don't think either lightning or hurricane or a snow storm'd stop him though. Weather doesn't penetrate through water or stone nearly as well as it does air.

Also he'll have decoy-dopplegangers...

wakkawakkawakka
When Kisame can react to and dodge natural lightning, and I'm not talking about some crap like Kirin, then I'll drop this all together.

Randomly changing weather would make Kisame's water defense give way eventually and then there's the issue of hitting a target that can fly.

Kisame would stalemate Storm at best: I seriously doubt this BTW.

Q99
When Kisame can react to and dodge natural lightning, and I'm not talking about some crap like Kirin, then I'll drop this all together.

Even if Kisame can win in non-reaction based ways? It's not just a quickdraw, he's got, like, 20 superpowers.

He's got range, shouldn't be much of a problem.

And it doesn't really matter how randomly-changing the weather is, hurricanes and tornadoes aren't enough to stop his big mobile water jutsu, his under ground one even less so.

With going underground, he's safe from pretty much anything she throws, and can also make dopplegangers out of sight to distract her and then get her from behind or such.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Q99
Even if Kisame can win in non-reaction based ways? It's not just a quickdraw, he's got, like, 20 superpowers.

And a good 80% of those are water related, he'd practically be killing himself if he tried that water dome thing. Although I really don't like the lightning arugement so I'll drop that.

Originally posted by Q99
And it doesn't really matter how randomly-changing the weather is, hurricanes and tornadoes aren't enough to stop his big mobile water jutsu, his under ground one even less so.

With going underground, he's safe from pretty much anything she throws, and can also make dopplegangers out of sight to distract her and then get her from behind or such.

Tornadoes and snowstorms aren't to be underestimated. It would be nice if earthquakes were in her arsenal though.

Q99
And a good 80% of those are water related, he'd practically be killing himself if he tried that water dome thing. Although I really don't like the lightning arugement so I'll drop that.

Why'd he be killing himself? Sure, she can make tidal waves in storms and such, but by blowing it with wind, chakra-controlled water should be pretty hard for her to do stuff with.

They aren't, but Kisame is really tough. Consider the huge explosion punch Gai hit him with that didn't kill him, or that he had his torso ripped out and regenerated. Strengthwise he's pretty high too.

Kisame has enough charka to make water clones, send 10 of 'em below ground to move closer and wait for chances to strike, and make a giant tsunami with several more in them, while flinging normal water-shark projectiles at her through the air.

Or what about that huge super final attack he used against Gai, the huge water shark? It's long ranged, it's huge, and I don't think she could do anything to block it, just use it right off the bat.

Hm... though I guess she could fly *super* high. If she's within several hundred, or probably even a few thousand, feet of the ground, she's reachable with someone of his strength and power. Higher, and I doubt he could do anything.

That might be a stalemate though, a wide area storm stands a good chance at not killing someone like him.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Q99
Why'd he be killing himself? Sure, she can make tidal waves in storms and such, but by blowing it with wind, chakra-controlled water should be pretty hard for her to do stuff with.

Lightning bolt + Water isn't really a good combo. Then again if Storm's submerged she'd be killing herself too so...

Originally posted by Q99

Or what about that huge super final attack he used against Gai, the huge water shark? It's long ranged, it's huge, and I don't think she could do anything to block it, just use it right off the bat.

Storm could probably redirect the Tsunami or something I don't know.

Kisame's durability is being a little streched beyond limit IMO even though not instantly dying from Gai attack is a heck of a durability feat.

Snowstorms would disrupt his jutsus just a little don't you think, I mean he's a master of water jutsu and all but he isn't Halibel.

Q99
Lightning bolt + Water isn't really a good combo. Then again if Storm's submerged she'd be killing herself too so...

It depends on the volume of the water. Going through water takes energy and it spreads out, so if one is sufficiently submerged, you're going to be almost 100% safe from electricity attacks.

Also if the water's more conductive than you are, it'd just go around you instead of through you even if you were hit.

To deal with tsunamis she'd need to summon up masses of wind to try and push it away, I don't think she could control it directly.

What he's shown should deal with at least ambient harsh weather conditions in a hurricane, hundreds of mph winds and such solidly.

And he's got good regen, healing having his torso being ripped open by Killerbee.

No, anything remotely resembling a natural snow storm won't have much effect on large quantities of water. Take a look at the seas near the polls, as long as it keeps moving the water doesn't freeze rapidly even when faced with well below-freezing temperatures.

Storm can push things really darn cold with her powers, but not really cold enough to have much effect on his jutsu.

wakkawakkawakka
Wow! I'm actually convinced that this is a stalemate. Even though I still think Storm wins this with a couple of cyclones and blizzards, that's just me.

If Kisame's waterdome really is a mini-ocean instead of just a huge mass of water, then maybe a blizzards really wouldn't be the best option. Although her lightning would be a good escape tactic IMO if that's the case.

However they could also get boiled alive if enough lightning hits I think.

RLAAMJR.
Storm has a big advantage here cos she doesn't need to see to hit the target and can fly

RE: Blaxican
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4762/1074958-xmenworldsapart014_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4762/1074959-xmenworldsapart015_super.jpg

C'mon, guys. Stalemate? Storm wins every round... there's nothing Kisame can do to her.

RLAAMJR.
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4762/1074958-xmenworldsapart014_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4762/1074959-xmenworldsapart015_super.jpg

C'mon, guys. Stalemate? Storm wins every round... there's nothing Kisame can do to her.

Hmmmm.... Is there another way for Storm to win aside from lightning strike?

RE: Blaxican
She could suck the air out of him.

RLAAMJR.
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
She could suck the air out of him.

Does Kisame need to breathe?

NemeBro
I assume so.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by RLAAMJR.
Does Kisame need to breathe?

Why else would he have gills in his Shark-man form?

draxx_tOfU

Astner
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2420/32334sgtfqnarutov37c334.th.jpghttp://img25.imageshack.us/img25/2420/32334sgtfqnarutov37c334.th.jpghttp://img38.imageshack.us/img38/2420/32334sgtfqnarutov37c334.th.jpg

Endless Mike
What is that supposed to prove?

Astner
What is that supposed to prove?
That's it's not a good idea to apply inconsistencies.

Endless Mike
What inconsistency? Kakashi blocked chakra lightning, which doesn't move anywhere near as fast as real lightning, as explained by Zetsu.

Astner
What inconsistency? Kakashi blocked chakra lightning, which doesn't move anywhere near as fast as real lightning, as explained by Zetsu.
Could you please point out where Zetsu explains that chakra induced lightning is slower than regular lightning?

Because Kakashi explicitly stated that the chakra lightning turns into electric flow.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/1106/lightningo.gif

Nephthys
IIRC, Sasuke specifically says that real lightning is impossible to dodge in his world, no-one being fast enough. At least, he was certain that Itachi couldn't dodge it, and Itachi>Kakashi.

NemeBro
Kirin, which utilizes actual lightning, was explicitly stated to be faster.

Astner
Originally posted by NemeBro
Kirin, which utilizes actual lightning, was explicitly stated to be faster.
Care to provide me with evidence?

Nephthys
http://img05.tx.us.mangafox.com/store/manga/8/43-391.0/compressed/05.jpg
http://img14.tx.us.mangafox.com/store/manga/8/43-391.0/compressed/07.jpg

Astner
Originally posted by Nephthys
http://img05.tx.us.mangafox.com/store/manga/8/43-391.0/compressed/05.jpg
http://img14.tx.us.mangafox.com/store/manga/8/43-391.0/compressed/07.jpg
There's no specification of that it's faster than chakra lightning. Kakashi was the first to have dodged Kakuzu's lightning and it was because of the Sharingan. You also have to take the fact that Itachi was worn out at that point.

Lightning jutsu is the fastest element, and Kakashi confirms it's electricity created though chakra manipulation.

Nephthys
He specifies that Itachi can't dodge it becuase of of its sheer speed, not becuase he was exhausted. Nothing has ever been said about lightning jutsu that made it seem undodgeable, and iirc plant guy was watching Kakuzu's fight. Plus we can see how fast it is in the anime and its nowhere near as fast as regular lightning. And electricity doesn't = lightning.

KingD19
Killin is actual lightning though. He causes a storm and uses his chakra to essentially control it's point of impact.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.