Bush Planning Pre-emptive Strike Against Norway....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Afrohunk
The Bush administration announced today it will seek congressional approval and United Nations backing for a pre-emptive attack on Norway. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld told reporters the CIA has learned that Norway has been stockpiling a weapon of mass destruction, a mysterious substance called "lutefisk."

"As we understand it, Norway has been preparing this material in barrels filled with lye and storing it in stockpiles throughout the country both in urban and rural settings," said Condoleeza "Wild" Rice, national security adviser. Secretary of State Colin Powell said President Bush will address the United Nations next week, laying down conditions that must be met by the Scandinavian country to avoid a pre-emptive attack, possibly before summer.

"This is simply an extension of the Bush Doctrine, in which it is the policy of the U.S. to identify threats around the globe and get them before they get us," Powell said.

Lutefisk is a substance virtually unheard of in Washington and on the Eastern Seaboard, but is said to be common in certain parts of the Midwest. The FBI branch office in Minneapolis has been alerted to watch for signs of lutefisk production in that region.

In Oslo, Norwegian Foreign Minister Trigve Trondheim was defiant upon hearing of the threatened attack by the United States unless Norway agrees to allow U.N. inspectors free reign throughout the country. "There is certainly no need to allow inspectors into King Harald's palace or country estates," Trondheim asserted. "Why would we hide lutefisk there?" he asked, shifting his eyes.

Experts on the substance disagree on its volatility but most admit it can have widespread deleterious effects on entire populations exposed to it. The Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta acknowledged it is playing "catch-up ball" where lutefisk is concerned, but CDA director Dr. Ralph Macabre warned that any substance stored in lye should be regarded as extremely dangerous.

In a brief statement yesterday in the White House Rose Garden, President George W. Bush asserted that the United States will never stand idly by when substances of potential mass destruction are being produced anywhere. "These evildoers are bent on infecting the entire U.S. population with this dangerous substance," the president said. "Unless United Nations inspectors are allowed to determine the extent of lutefisk production in Norway, it is my duty as commander-in-chief of the armed forces to send our brave servicemen and women to Norway to root out sources of lutefisk and destroy them."

Gen "Stormin'" Norman Fartkopf adds, "we're going all the way to Oslo...we're gonna 'take out' all those strapping Nordic blondes that men love the world over".

Bush said any attack must take place before summer "when the threat is greatest."

Former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle of South Dakota noted he is from a part of the country where lutefisk infestations have broken out in the past, often in August. "We've got to act fast," Daschle told reporters, "or millions of Americans could suffer."

mah
hehe

Tex
I've never trusted those Norweigans!!
*suspicious*

Captain REX
I have no idea what this is about...as usual. I'm clueless (and brainless) again! Woohoo!

Hey Mah, can I borrow some lutefisk? big grin

Tex
Nah, people in Floro are very stingy with their lutefisk big grin

Fitch
this is a good one.....big grin
anyway,I can't wait for Finti's reaction...

finti
its about time someone delt with Lutefisk (dried codfish prepared in a potash lye) sick.
But come on give it your best shot, time to let those Yanks get a their ass kicked big grin evil face

Fitch
a nuke won't do good in Norway....evil face

Tex
Norway would melt and then evaporate.evil face

Fitch
and Finti would be deported in Sweden.....big grin

Tex
Nah, he would rather evaporate me thinks.

mah
you should all taste some lutefisk...gives a new meaning to biological terror

Tex
Ewwwwwwwww

Fitch
I don't think so.....

finti
wait until you taste it Fitch, let go of Goulash for a day and try Lutefisk sick

rusky
Hey Fitch , maybe we should give Stefan some of this Lutefisk ??

mah
...my mom enjoys lutefisk actually..

Fitch
Finti,I'm not a hungarian(no way in the worldmad ) so I don't eat Goulash....I hate it really.
rusky,try to speak about things that everybody know(not like stefan and stuff big grin)
mah,I never tried lutefish,but I wonder what is it?how's made?

mah
well it's fish..prepared in a special way

Fitch
what special way ? and what kind of fish ?

mah
as Finti said; dried codfish prepared in a potash lye

Fitch
sick....u're right

finti
So finished your Ghoulash plate yet Fitch

Fitch
Finti,I'm not a hungarian(no way in the worldmad ) so I don't eat Goulash....I hate it really.
madmad

finti
there are others than the Hungarian that eat goulash, it is after all an eastern european dish, so have you finished your plate yet

Fitch
I DON'T eat goulash.....

Fitch

Tex
Finti loves Sweedish recepies!

mah
meat-a-balls

Tex
that's Italian.

mah
yup.
finti, have you got that song the restaurant guys sing in Lady & Tramp?big grin that bella notte thing?

Tex
That's his all time fav song!

finti
some Disney magic here

"Oh this is the night
its a beautiful night
and we call it bella notte
look at the skys
they have stars in their eyes
on this lovely bella notte
side by side with your loved one
you will find the enchanment here
the night will be under its magic spell
when the one you love is me,oh
this is the night
and the heavens all rise
on this lovely bella notte" -From Lady and the Tramp (George Givot "Tony"wink

Fitch
u were right guys......

finti
got it on Video, Live hasnt chaugt up on it yet since the Moomins and Winnie the Pooh is the fav at the moment. She also enjoys Disneys Robin Hood.

mah
ah, there it is. thanksbig grin

Thomas H
we eat nukes!

Priceless
I fear George.W.Bush's adminsteration, of one of the most, if not THE, most powerful military power in the world than I fear Sadaam.

finti
well Blair aint too far behind on that list

Thomas H
I dont fear anybody...

finti
you fear the woodpecker woodboy

BackFire349
bush with nukes.... thats like a child with a handgun.

Ushgarak
Hmm, drifiting into the political area there... I think any serious conversation this thread could have would be better off in the Debating Area. Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.