Armed Bricks vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
Namor w/ Adamantium Trident
Colossus w/ Adamantium Axe
Thing w/ Adamantium Spiked Bat

vs

Superman

No Flying and No Superspeed. No ranged abilities.

Lunacyde
I don't think they have the strength to impart enough force to pierce his skin.

Colossus-Big C
neptunes trident would kill superman

Lunacyde
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
neptunes trident would kill superman
It doesn't say Neptune's Trident, it says a generic adamantium trident. Also Superman is still ridiculously stronger than all 3 of these put together.

amnesia
Colossus with a adamantium axe could cut superman just fineno expression all of them could gut supes with adamantium IMO.

Not that it matters. supes still stomps.

Lunacyde
Originally posted by amnesia
Colossus with a adamantium axe could cut superman just fineno expression all of them could gut supes with adamantium IMO.

The only people I've ever seen cut/slash Superman have been stronger than Colossus (ex. Doomsday) It doesn't matter how strong or sharp the material is if you can't provide enough force, but I am open to an explanation as to how it would work.

Agreed.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No flying and no super speed? Namor guts him. I know people like to think of him as a pointy eared Aquaman but he isn't. Hydrated or at full strength, his pretty damn close to Superman strength wise. I'd rank him above Wonder Woman in that category.

Originally posted by Lunacyde
I don't think they have the strength to impart enough force to pierce his skin.

erm

amnesia
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
No flying and no super speed? Namor guts him. I know people like to think of him as a pointy eared Aquaman but he isn't. Hydrated or at full strength, his pretty damn close to Superman strength wise. I'd rank him above Wonder Woman in that category.

Namor was created in 39 aquaman was created in 41.

Aquaman is the poor mans Namor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Tis true.

tsscls

Has anyone on this MB ever sharpened a knife? A sharpened admantium blade would be as sharp as a steel blade. The difference is the AB would never dull. Supes takes as many as he would vs. these characters w/o weapons.

Lunacyde
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Tis true.

I guess I haven't read enough Namor. What kind of feats put him in Superman/Wonder Woman's league?

amnesia
Originally posted by tsscls
Has anyone on this MB ever sharpened a knife? A sharpened admantium blade would be as sharp as a steel blade. The difference is the AB would never dull. Supes takes as many as he would vs. these characters w/o weapons.

Why on earth would i sharp a knife? Do i look like a hillbilly to you?

And that is completely irrelevant. Comics=/= real life

Lunacyde

So if we have sharpened knives before that makes us hillbillies? :P lol

amnesia
So if we have sharpened knives before that makes us hillbillies? :P lol

Yes.

Lunacyde
Yes.

It's alright. I am a hillbilly, it's a miracle I figured out the internet....I had to ride 15 miles into town just to get it wink

Rage.Of.Olympus
I guess I haven't read enough Namor. What kind of feats put him in Superman/Wonder Woman's league?

Plenty. His almost always done well against all the high end Marvel characters such Hulk, Hercules, Thor etc.

It was heavily suggested that full strength -underwater- he was physically stronger than the Hulk. He was able to go toe to toe and out perform the Hulk hand to hand. He held his own against a Voided out Sentry. He even held his own against an enraged Thor.

Namor is most definitely in the Superman/Wonder Woman league. His stronger than Wonder Woman I'd say. About 85% to 90% of Superman's strength in my opinion.

Bentley
Namor has never shown to be on Thor's level, not only on straight combat but battling the same enemies Namor always seemed vastly weaker. I would still rate him above the other two.

tsscls

So any chef is a hillbilly? The point stands. You can only get a piece of metal so sharp, even with lasers. The only thing that sets adamantium apart from the rest is it's durability. If you think about it, it shouldn't even be able to be sharpened. For the sake of this arguement, it can be. There is no reason a sharpened piece of admantium would penetrate Superman anymore than an infinitely sharp piece of titanium unless it was propelled by a force strong enough to overcome Superman's skin.

tsscls

Comics at least give lip service to the laws of physics. If they didn't, everyone could fly due to the lack of gravity. Happy Dance

carver9
The only people I've ever seen cut/slash Superman have been stronger than Colossus (ex. Doomsday) It doesn't matter how strong or sharp the material is if you can't provide enough force, but I am open to an explanation as to how it would work.

Agreed.

Now this is funny. Anyone of them with Adamantium weapons can take damage him.

tsscls
Originally posted by carver9
Now this is funny. Anyone of them with Adamantium weapons can take damage him.
I'm not the grammar police, but what do you mean? Can or take damage from him.

carver9
I'm not the grammar police, but what do you mean? Can or take damage from him.

LOL... I was eating and typing at the same time. You know what I meant... they can damage him.

bobbi
In general, harder substances can be sharpened to a greater degree. Like if u sharpen a plastic knife to the same degree as a metal one, it wouldn't work as well since it'll just bend instead of slice. With a steel knife it can be sharper without bending.

In the case of adamantium, assuming you can sharpen it somehow, you can theoretically get it to be an atom thick at it's point. Then you get all the force of whoever's swinging the thing onto a point 1 atom thick. A lot less force can do a lot more damage that way.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Bentley
Namor has never shown to be on Thor's level, not only on straight combat but battling the same enemies Namor always seemed vastly weaker. I would still rate him above the other two.

Yes he has. One fight that comes to mind is the fight where Thor was controlled by Morgan.

Colossus-Big C
team cuts him
he is not getting sliced in half or anything but he will be cut up

-Pr-
They MIGHT be able to cut him, but I don't see them beating him in a fight.

King Castle
they all will be able to stab, slice superman.

it be like that comic scene where supes had bn impaled by varios metal shards

Brutacus
So any chef is a hillbilly? The point stands. You can only get a piece of metal so sharp, even with lasers. The only thing that sets adamantium apart from the rest is it's durability. If you think about it, it shouldn't even be able to be sharpened. For the sake of this arguement, it can be. There is no reason a sharpened piece of admantium would penetrate Superman anymore than an infinitely sharp piece of titanium unless it was propelled by a force strong enough to overcome Superman's skin.

So your a chef?
That make's you a expert in medieval weapons and what damage you can do with it, or how much force you need to damage a object or person???

So iff you can't sharpen adamantium or shape it, how did they get it on wolverine's bones???

Colossus-Big C
while your molding it from liquid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.