Resident Evil: Afterlife

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

flint
How does a movie that won't be out for another week get 1,400 votes at IMDB? Keep in mind that only a fraction of people that see a movie log in to IMDB to vote on it. Not even 10% in fact. So apparently well over 14 thousand people have already seen it...

Maybe they give out a thousand tickets in 20 major cities? I've never had a chance to go to a pre-screening so I have to profess my ignorance there. I just thought it was funny how the votes are pouring in at IMDB, and most of them give it a 10.

the ninjak
The poster got them all hot and bothered.

MildPossession
Because the majority of people on IMDB are idiots. smile And the bloody new layout is awful.

jaden101
The film itself looks utterly dire. It has absolutely nothing in common with what Resident Evil was founded on in terms of plot or style.

As for the idiots that vote...Most of them probably haven't even seen it. In fact it's probably people working on the movie's production voting in order to hype it.

§P0oONY
Film ratings are usually fairer over time. Scores are always ether too high or too low when the film is first released.

KingD19
I'm seeing this movie simply for the fact that it has Wesker...and he has his Uroboros/Tyrant powers.

BruceSkywalker
be seeing this on friday or saturday

Tex
Yeah, RE is dumb fun, I'm SO going tomorrow. bag

Kazenji
I'll wait just like all the other movies that followed the first movie.

the ninjak
The 3rd film was awesome.

I'm watching this no matter how bad it is.

Dumb fun indeed with babes....... and Wesker.

Kaibs
I'll see it for the pure fact that Wesker kicks ass in it I hear. Other than that I could probably care less about it. As it's nowhere close to the actual games anymore.

MildPossession
I'm seeing a lot of critics mention that the director has more or less made shot for shot action sequences stolen from The Matrix I and II, Pitch Black, The Descent and some other film I can't think of...

So try to spot them when you go to see it.

SnakeEyes
I immediately noticed the Matrix: Reloaded ripoff when I first saw the trailer. These movies are shit; I'll be skipping for sure.

Nemesis X
Zzep30aa_Ao

-Pr-
Originally posted by MildPossession
I'm seeing a lot of critics mention that the director has more or less made shot for shot action sequences stolen from The Matrix I and II, Pitch Black, The Descent and some other film I can't think of...

So try to spot them when you go to see it.

He stole them from the games too.

Nemesis X
Paul Anderson needs to quit making movies but this won't happen until the idiots who give him the money to make more sequels grow a brain. If you've seen the video I posted, you know that the so called "fans" need some serious help.

Making a movie requires having a good imagination but because Paul stole scenes from the games, it's clear that the dude majorly lacks it. I know I've been complaining the movies weren't exactly like the games but it's been shown Paul can even screw up the imitations as well. This is possibly the worst copying of scenes I have ever seen in my life.

BruceSkywalker
finally saw this earlier today..

i liked it and looking forward to part 5

Nemesis X

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
finally saw this earlier today..

i liked it and looking forward to part 5

You're the reason we get these shitty movies. sad

Nemesis X
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
You're the reason we get these shitty movies. sad

And every other person who thinks they're a "fan" of Resident Evil. I can't even stand the reviewers. I'm glad that some of them know that Afterlife is crap but most say "It's the most jaw-dropping film everdur!" Retarded reviewers, begone!

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Nemesis X
And every other person who thinks they're a "fan" of Resident Evil. I can't even stand the reviewers. I'm glad that some of them know that Afterlife is crap but most say "It's the most jaw-dropping film everdur!" Retarded reviewers, begone! I'm a big fan of the games but the films have been a steady downhill slope... and the slope didn't start particularly high.

K.Diddy
erm I have never seen the first but I have found the 2nd,3rd and the animated movie,to be average at best

Nemesis X
Don't be comparing Degeneration with those so called RE movies. At least those college student Japs did things right unlike Paul Anderson. Watching Degeneration four times is more enjoyable than watching all four of those craptastic films in a row. Paul needs to quit, Mill Jovovich needs to be somewhere else for she does not belong in Resident Evil, and for god sakes, let there be a reboot already. How long must we be tortured like this?

cruel jedi
I havn't seen Afterlife but i cannot wait big grin smokin'

BruceSkywalker
Don't be comparing Degeneration with those so called RE movies. At least those college student Japs did things right unlike Paul Anderson. Watching Degeneration four times is more enjoyable than watching all four of those craptastic films in a row. Paul needs to quit, Mill Jovovich needs to be somewhere else for she does not belong in Resident Evil, and for god sakes, let there be a reboot already. How long must we be tortured like this?

there will never be a reboot as these films are very successfull

Nemesis X
there will never be a reboot as these films are very successfull

facepalm

The Nuul
there will never be a reboot as these films are very successfull Originally posted by Nemesis X
facepalm

original spawn
Spider-Man 3 was also very successful and it's now having a reboot.
I'll tell you all the truth, i was never able to play the resident evil video games, i know the story and i saw many videos on youtube, but even i was able to see how bad the movies were, instead of making a decent horror movie with some scy fy elements they made a crapy action film.
I heared that George A. Romero's original script for the resident evil film had the original script and was more true to the games, it can be found onle, did anybody read it?

NemeBro
facepalm To be fair they do seem to be making money, since they have been able to choke so many sequels out of the first one.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by NemeBro
To be fair they do seem to be making money, since they have been able to choke so many sequels out of the first one.

That's only because all of the folks watching the movie are dumb, ignorant people. Look at these people in the vid below:

Zzep30aa_Ao

What also keeps movies going are reviewers (the least brightest ones) saying positive comments about it. That chick is acting like a stereotypical blonde idiot and the people she interviews render me speechless. Most people who think the RE movies are "awesome" are like them.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by original spawn
Spider-Man 3 was also very successful and it's now having a reboot.
I'll tell you all the truth, i was never able to play the resident evil video games, i know the story and i saw many videos on youtube, but even i was able to see how bad the movies were, instead of making a decent horror movie with some scy fy elements they made a crapy action film.
I heared that George A. Romero's original script for the resident evil film had the original script and was more true to the games, it can be found onle, did anybody read it?

the difference is that Sony didn't want to pay raimi and maguire big bucks to return.. these Resident Evil movies are cheaply made and Sony always makes a profit from them

NemeBro
I'm not defending a movie.

But if it makes money, it is in fact successful.

BruceSkywalker

agreed

Nephthys
Why not read it yourself:
http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/resident_evil_romero.html

Somebody get back to me if its any good.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Nephthys
Why not read it yourself:
http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/resident_evil_romero.html

Somebody get back to me if its any good.

I read the whole thing and it sucks. Chris is a local, he and Barry are African Americans (they're white in the games so why make them go black?), Wesker went from badass to an all out greedy douchebag and died at the end, Barry was out of character for he was a full fledged ally to Wesker (in the games, Wesker said that if he didn't work for him, something would happen to his family and that was never mentioned in the script), Barry dies a gruesome death by the Tyrant (Romero, you must really hate Burton), Ada Wong's a scientist but not a spy or anything like that and wasn't very skilled with a gun (Again, somebody was out of character. Bravo, Romero), and Vickers dies early (he should've died by the Nemesis, not get infected from a scrape against a zombie shark's tooth).

NemeBro
The defilement of Barry Burton is a crime indeed.

RE: Blaxican
lol @ Barry being black. He was going to be black because he's incompetent, obviously.

AsbestosFlaygon
Barry Burton died? WTF? O_o

That's enough reason for me NOT to watch the movie.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Barry Burton died? WTF? O_o

That's enough reason for me NOT to watch the movie.

Wanna know how he died? Tyrant threw him across the room no expression

SpadeKing
I finally watched this and I feel as if I was robbed of 85 minutes of my life

K.Diddy

beer It makes me wonder how much of the money it makes are just from fans of the videogame,If theses movies had no connection to a popular videogame,wonder how well they would do then?

-Pr-
Originally posted by K.Diddy
beer It makes me wonder how much of the money it makes are just from fans of the videogame,If theses movies had no connection to a popular videogame,wonder how well they would do then?

I wouldn't say it's a lot when you compare it to how many people will watch it because it's

a zombie movie
an action movie
milla jovovich is in it

etc etc

K.Diddy
Originally posted by -Pr-
I wouldn't say it's a lot when you compare it to how many people will watch it because it's

a zombie movie
an action movie
milla jovovich is in it

etc etc

smile True,but it's only an ''average'' zombie movie and only an ''average'' action movie,so it really would be interesting to see how well this series would of gone if people never played or heard of the game.My bet is a lot of people would of stopped watching them after apocalypse but the thing is you will get the videogame fanboys that will continue paying to see these movies no matter how bad they get

K.Diddy
Already a thread on this

smokin'

-Pr-
smile True,but it's only an ''average'' zombie movie and only an ''average'' action movie,so it really would be interesting to see how well this series would of gone if people never played or heard of the game.My bet is a lot of people would of stopped watching them after apocalypse but the thing is you will get the videogame fanboys that will continue paying to see these movies no matter how bad they get

Maybe, but you'd be surprised how many "average" movies do well money wise.

I don't think it's THAT many of the game's fans, especially with how big piracy is nowadays...

alex30
i do not think it is too good movie to watch

K.Diddy
Already a thread on this

smokin'

smile Can someone merge this thread please?

Nemesis X
Please tell me this means Alice will go away.

-Pr-
Please tell me this means Alice will go away.

not a chance. She's married to the director.

Nemesis X
not a chance. She's married to the director.

So? Every other director is married and they don't bring their wives into the movies. Sure Milla is "famous" but she and everybody else should know by now that she's unwanted. Her character and her husband are harming the Resident Evil franchise and they would know about it if they weren't so blinded by money.

Mindset
So? Every other director is married and they don't bring their wives into the movies. Sure Milla is "famous" but she and everybody else should know by now that she's unwanted. Her character and her husband are harming the Resident Evil franchise and they would know about it if they weren't so blinded by money. Tell that to Judd Apatow.

jinXed by JaNx

I think by the third one the series had attracted an audience on it's merits as a film series as opposed to a video game to film adaptation. i would guess that series was relying very little on fan outpouring and response by the third movie. Now whether or not it's video game roots were solely responsible for the success of the first two movies, i think is more likely so. Had there been no correlation to the Video games i don't think the series would have made it this far, at least with theatrical releases but the first movie probably would have been popular enough to have spawned a sequel. Action horror or action si-fi with a big budget is always going to draw a crowd and i think it's safe to surmise that many popular action, horror and sci-fi movies are generally below average in their quality. ]

-Pr-
So? Every other director is married and they don't bring their wives into the movies. Sure Milla is "famous" but she and everybody else should know by now that she's unwanted. Her character and her husband are harming the Resident Evil franchise and they would know about it if they weren't so blinded by money.

but as you said, they're making money; that's what's important to the studio.

BruceSkywalker
but as you said, they're making money; that's what's important to the studio.

and as long as Sony Pictures is making money from these films Paul W.S. Anderson and Milla Jovovich will always be involved

Rogue Jedi
There's no such thing as too much Milla.

samual
Hey dear friend
Third part is awesome, outstanding. I really enjoyed it...........

-Pr-
and as long as Sony Pictures is making money from these films Paul W.S. Anderson and Milla Jovovich will always be involved

yep.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
There's no such thing as too much Milla.

if she was playing jill instead of mary sue alice, i'd agree.

jolly
Resident Evil After life is an amazing movie. i have seen with my friends 2 weeks before all liked it u guys must watch it.

and also thanx for sharing the link.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
There's no such thing as too much Milla. To be honest she is the only reason I would consider watching these movies.

Her and her three inch nipples.

Nemesis X
Sienna Guillory >>> Milla Javovich

NemeBro
Whoever the **** that is.

jolly
i like the movie Resident Evil Afterlife, i enjoyed while watching it.

Nemesis X
Whoever the **** that is.

Sienna is the actress who played as Jill Valentine in Apocalypse and Afterlife.

Bicnarok
Ill be watching this, as I like the series. One thing which bothers me, could be I missed a part of one of the movies. At the end of one of them (part 2 ? ) Alice walked out of some complex and had telepathic powers and messed the brains up of those security folk watching her, and she had some chip in her. Where did this get carried on.

The Nuul
This movie sucked, I didnt watch the 3rd one for a reason but how the hell she has super powers? I really wish they stick to the game plot.

snoopdogg
WTF is up with the ending?

fanhost
No..I don't think so..

GlamourHits
spam removed

The Nuul
Originally posted by snoopdogg
WTF is up with the ending?

Not just that.

The Nuul
Just watched part and and it was a little better than this one but its still crap.

jinXed by JaNx
I know this movie franchise has never been taken serious and has only gotten worse with each new installment but DAMN, this movie is bad. It's not even good by bad B movie standards.

The Nuul
Even since the start it wasnt true to the game. But I still like part 1 and love part 2 but after that it sucks bad. But it still makes a lot, it just proves that people love to pay for shit. I got shit right there, y'all can pay me for it.....I dont mind.

leon786
i am a bgi fan of Resident Evil movies.i watched all the movies and i liked it.i watch Resident Evil after life movie few days ago with my friends.they all liked this movie.

the ninjak
This movie is just babes being sensual in slow motion while killing monsters.

Robtard
Didn't like this at all, got about 2/3 through. Shit franchise overall, imo.

rimmy8788
But flint i found this movie extremely good. It's rating given by imdb is right. Also resident evil:afterlife is much better than resident evil:extinction.

fanhost
Yes..You are right.I am agree with you..

neo010

Zack Fair
I liked the Redfield duo vs Wesker scene. I also like how they depowered Alice. She was so full of shit to begin with. I could get by the 2nd movie with her being above average and bullet timing....but the whole telepathic nonsense was too much. I hated the thrid movie because it expanded on that .

Ridley_Prime
Yeah. Although it's not saying much, Afterlife was better than any of the previous films IMO (probably give it a 3/5 or so) because Alice got depowered and all that. The Chris and Wesker acting was the best part, aside from the 3D actually being used pretty well, unlike in most stuff from 2010.

curl
The last part of movie was not as much good in my opinion. I hate its ending.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.